Elieson [3]: SB, BBM, Polydeuces

BBM [2]: Prims, Bluedoom

Psych [2]: Elieson, BBM

Manix [1]: Prims

Weapons [1]: Reinfleche

Bluedoom [1]: Elieson

Shin [1]: Elieson

Refa [1]: Polydeuces

This is a pretty bad turnout compared to previous rounds so far, step it up, guys.

it might just be that now that a lot of the players that people wanted to hear from have gone, there are less people bothering to vote

Edited by BBM

Prims [7]: SB, Reinfleche, Bluedoom, BBM, eclipse, Eurykins, Kaoz

Xinnidy [6]: Refa, SB, Prims, Reinfleche, Bluedoom, Polydeuces

Elieson [4]: SB, BBM, Polydeuces, Eurykins

BBM [2]: Prims, Bluedoom

Psych [2]: Elieson, BBM

Manix [2]: Prims, eclipse

Weapons [2]: Reinfleche, eclipse

Bluedoom [1]: Elieson

Shin [1]: Elieson

Refa [1]: Polydeuces

Shinori [1]: Eurykins

Prims is up next.

Hi, I'm Prims. I first started playing mafia on shrinemaiden.org in early 2010. My first role was town 1-shot doc who gained another shot after every successful protect and I wasted it on scum Night 1. I came to SF in 2011 after hearing stories from Haze and became prominent because I'm just so damn good at this game. I've played a lot of different mafia games on a lot of different communities over the past few years, but SF is the one I feel the most attachment toward. Haven't really been as into mafia lately, though; I might call it quits aside from small games and/or games with a particularly interesting playerlist so that I can focus on my personal interests.

IRL, I'm 18 and live in California. I'm a self-professed shut-in but am at least decent at pretending to be a functioning person on the internet. I hope to become a teacher some day (because nothing else seems like I'd particularly care for it) and am interested in game development and drawing as hobbies. I like talking about myself when people are listening, so ask me lots and lots of dumb questions.

Edited by Prims

1. 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p NOC playerlist with you?

2. 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p OC playerlist with you?

1. 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p NOC playerlist with you?

1. BBM

2. Blitz

3. Boron

4. eclipse

5. Haze

6. Helios

7. Paperblade

8. Refa

9. SB

10. Snike

11. Strawman

12. Vhaltz

This is based more on people I feel I have good chemistry with or just like seeing play, so it leaves out some good people who I still enjoy playing with.

After typing this up I realize I want to put Balcerzak somewhere but he quit and I don't know who I'd replace with him. Sorry! You can be the hidden player (>including hiddens in 2015).

2. 12 other players you'd want to fill up a 13p OC playerlist with you?

Paper, Proto, Kaoz and some other people but I honestly would rather just not sign up for an OC game. Manix so somebody is suffering as much as I am. Edited by Prims

All of them, even Rinnosuke. Not Unzan though.

Bonus creative writing exercise on how that NOC game would go:

Paperblade dies either Day 1 or Night 1 depending on his alignment. eclipse lives to endgame since that's what she does. Haze gets flak early on regardless of role for being rusty, but his true alignment becomes really blatant by Day 3 or so. Strawman gets flak too but survives to LYLO as town PR with a killer claim because :bedsheets:. Refa is suspected all game but never actually lynched. Blitz is suspected all game and actually lynched, and for bad reasons. Snike rolls mafia for some god damn reason. Ultimately, Boron ends up the saltiest postgame, as well as Manix who didn't actually play but finds something to complain about anyway.

You just basically described every game with the above people in it.

In what recent (2013 or later) game do you think town collectively played the worst?

In what recent game do you think scum collectively played the worst?

What is your opinion on ITPs?

In what recent (2013 or later) game do you think town collectively played the worst?

Inception

In what recent game do you think scum collectively played the worst?

British. It's funny because I had Shinori pinpointed as town just because I thought scum couldn't have been that collectively disorganized.

What is your opinion on ITPs?

Fun, as long as your game has at least 15 players. I don't like being ITP myself but apparently a lot of other people here do. I'd like to play more games with "innovative" SKs, like the Traveler from Qprogue, Reimu from Spellcard, and the Moriyavatar if anybody here reads old MotK games. Problem is that they're even harder to balance than normal ones. Edited by Prims

1) What games (specifically not mafia games, since I just realized the question could be interpreted that way) have you played where you where like "I wish I could have designed that game)?

2) I'm going to be lazy and ask for the mafia variant of that as well.

3) Why do you like Bionicle so much?

4) What design elements do you feel generally enhance a game for the most part (e.g. difficulty modes)?

5) Why do you not like OC Mafia? What would improve the experience for you?

why did you make the day/night cycle so long

is it the mafiascum dot net timezone itt or what

in this thread? 5 days seemed like a reasonable amount of time to get all questions in

What would you want to teach?

Literature - not because I particularly care about literature (being a mafia player I hate reading), but because while grading essays I would come to understand students' styles, personalities and view-points, which is actually very interesting to me.

Thoughts on South Park and Lewis Carroll's works?

I've watched maybe 3 full episodes of South Park and they ranged from funny here and there to just kind of boring and gross.

I have no strong opinion on Lewis Carroll's works.

Why is OC bad?

It's not bad, but I personally don't enjoy playing it. More time consuming and too heavy of a focus on the role part of the game. It's also impossible to re-read once the game is finished. Scumhunting in an open thread is what I play mafia for, generally.

How can SF mafia be revived?

It'll pick back up once people have free time again.

What, in general, do you find appealing about setups with large but weaker town/ small but stronger anti-town?

I think it enhances the feeling of "town needs to out this small group of baddies which are RIGHT under their nose" that mafia tends to have. Large scumteams just feel like cannon fodder and aren't as tight-knit.

1) What games (specifically not mafia games, since I just realized the question could be interpreted that way) have you played where you where like "I wish I could have designed that game)?

Sengoku Rance

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS (in before "Have you ever made a game?")

Can't think of any other games I would like to make a game in the style of as-is, but there are probably more.

2) I'm going to be lazy and ask for the mafia variant of that as well.

Shining Force 2 (although I would have balanced it much better, but the overall themes behind the set-up were fun)

Super C9++ (maybe I should rebalance the set-up as Super C9+++++++ sometime and host that)

Moriya Shrine Revolution from MotK

Mirai Nikki from MotK (this inspired Big NOCers' set-up)

Kirby Mafia's gimmick was taken from a game that made me feel this way as well.

3) Why do you like Bionicle so much?

I was really into LEGOs as a kid. My first forum was Bionicle-themed and it was also where I met Haze when I was like, 8 years old. What really stuck with me about Bionicle, though, was probably the Mata Nui Online Game and the sense of mystery it had. Really one of my favorite video games even though it's a small adventure game made in flash. I stopped caring about Bionicle as much once the series focused more on the technology aspect than the mystical aspect. The whole "tribal islanders" aesthetic was what made the first generation interesting.,

And I haven't really cared about the reboot because I don't like the new designs. Just not the same.

4) What design elements do you feel generally enhance a game for the most part (e.g. difficulty modes)?

This depends on the genre! Generally, anything that can add competition is neat, since it keeps people playing the game - even features like online leader-boards for how fast you complete different levels, such as in Mega Man 9, are good. They have to actually be fun, though. Modes like the Link Arena from FE just feel pointless to me, but apparently people do play that? It would be better to just have two teams fighting on an actual map but what do I know.

I really really like the sense of mystery and discovery in video games. Far-off fragments of lore that seem just out of reach, wide-open areas with weird out-of-place scene-pieces that lead to secrets, and so on. This works better in JRPGs, Metroidvanias and 3D adventure games than platformers, obviously. In platformers, the player is always gonna be focusing on the action and won't really have time for that.

5) Why do you not like OC Mafia? What would improve the experience for you?

People should play D1 like NOC in-thread until there's some bullshit to talk about outside the thread. This is honestly optimal play and I'm not sure why people don't do it already. Still wouldn't really care much about OC though.