The Well

Prims

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you get frustrated by a mafia game you weren't playing in?

Best avatar/sig combo on SF?

cause Mitsuki and I were reading it and talking about it with Kaoz until the three of us all stopped reading.

Unforunately I don't pay very much attention to sigs, and even if I did I'd probably only read the ones from the people in mafia.

BBM's brokeback mountain sig was epic though.

Wait, if you're saying you only remember having a real purpose with reaction tests when you're mafia, then all my rage is justified!

I just remember the ones I made as scum more distinctly because I care more about negative attention as scum, obviously :V

The closest thing ITTD had to a reaction test was this, which was just a question where I withheld judgement until I got my answer and got called a reaction test for the rest of the game for no reason.

I don't know exactly what I was expecting as a response to the question that would indicate alignment, but Prims replying "your dumb" to my FoS could've come from either town or scum so anything in addition to that would've helped really.

In FE6 I also stated that I was withholding a comment on somebody until they next posted and got flak for it as well. I guess it all boils down to everybody having thoughts they want to confirm through asking questions, but that you really really shouldn't mention ever withholding thoughts from the thread.

The Big NOCers test was kinda bad because I wanted to make a dayvig test but I had never lied about my claim before and didn't want to dig myself into a hole, plus SB had already made a joke that could've been a dayvig crumb so I tried to get him to play along and fake a shoot command instead of doing it myself but failed pretty badly. I'm fairly certain I would've done it as town too though, because it was a spur of the moment decision where I didn't realize it was kind of stupid and SB wasn't going to understand how to go along with it unless we had a neighbor QT to talk in.

If I were to use them again I'd probably do so later on in the game and in relation to roles, because those are much more likely to catch scum or at least give meaningful reactions/information as opposed to just ED1 reads. They also make the purpose way more relatable for other players and they're more likely to believe you were actually testing than just backtracking because you fucked up which is nice.

I just used to not give a shit because I've never gotten lynched as town but I do recognize that the tests cause a lot of unnecessary noise and that it'd be better to stop using them. For example ITTD's D1 was a problem in that drawing too much attention to myself allowed scum to skirt by easily and I couldn't push lynches because my credibility was on the line to begin with.

OH MY GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS UNTIL TODAY; PLEASE EXCUSE MY LATENESS!!!

If you already answered these i'm sorry for re-asking buttttttt

1. Why do you enjoy Cos'ing as much as you do?
  2. What ever happened to Z7L4HV
  3. What's your ship chart look like? I only know Mitsuki's (to an extent)
  4. Why didn't eclipse ban herself for having Playboy in her avatar yet?

If one of your friends IRL saw you logging on one of the forums on which you play mafia, and expressed interest in playing it, would you introduce them to one of those forums to play mafia? And say you had to pick a specific forum, would it be SFMafia?

Why do you enjoy Cos'ing as much as you do?

The one who really really enjoys cosplaying here is Mitsuki. I do it on rare occasions when a group needs somebody to cosplay as a male character and the costume is easy to build up by finding the right stuff in shops, or if Mitsuki is willing to do the sewing because I can't do it and I'm not interested in cosplaying myself enough to pick sewing up either.

Fortunately I do like photography enough to take a gazillion pictures of Mitsuki in cosplay and it's hard to take pictures when you're preoccupied with your own costume, so it's probably better that way!

What ever happened to Z7L4HV

I think it was ZT14HV? It's up there in the hall of honor of stupid/clever anon names provided by Kaoz after I bugged him about it a lot. If you see it again it probably won't be me (or will it??)

What's your ship chart look like? I only know Mitsuki's (to an extent)

I'll sometimes notice subtle flirting between people because my own flirting used to be extremely subtle (to Mitsuki's dismay), but the only real thing I do with that information is tell Mitsuki becase I know she'll like it, I don't keep my own shipping chart and I'm still not allowed to see Mitsuki's old shipping chart :V

Why didn't eclipse ban herself for having Playboy in her avatar yet?

It's just a gaming magazine about the new hybrid Sony/Microsoft console, Playbox. Why would anybody read playboy in this day and age?

If one of your friends IRL saw you logging on one of the forums on which you play mafia, and expressed interest in playing it, would you introduce them to one of those forums to play mafia? And say you had to pick a specific forum, would it be SFMafia?

If they could English well enough to manage then yes to both, although I'd probably suggest that they played a smaller game in MotK first if there was anything running at the time, it'd probably be more newbie-friendly than your average SF setup.

I could probably try to conscript some people into playing an FE13 related mafia since a lot of our friends have a 3DS and have played awakening for long periods of time.

Edited by Vhaltz

What's your ship chart look like? I only know Mitsuki's (to an extent)

You know some of the ships, but the official documentation will remain secret!

my own flirting used to be extremely subtle

Which flirting, Vhaltz.

I DON'T RECALL ANY FLIRTING

Hi! I got a couple questions if you don't mind.

1. Favorite FE if you have one.

2. How would you recommend this forum to IRL friends who like role playing games?

3. Were there any people, guides, or games you read that made you a better player?

4. What games would you suggest a newer player to read (That new player is totally not me)

Which flirting, Vhaltz.

I DON'T RECALL ANY FLIRTING

I don't know what you're talking about. ALL OF THE FLIRTING was clearly there and extremely transparent.

Why do you think MotK is more newbie friendly than SF? I don't disagree, I'm just curious.

They have less games relying on gimmicks that expand on an already complicated game, and the setups are less role heavy most of the time. People just don't have vanilla as much (except shadoweh, for obvious reasons).

There's also how the games are smaller and people generally post less, which makes it much easier for a new player to keep up. Not sure if they also offer more advice to newbies in-game because the mafia community is smaller and don't want people to flake or that's just a random thing I just made up cause I didn't check.

Hi! I got a couple questions if you don't mind.

1. Favorite FE if you have one.

2. How would you recommend this forum to IRL friends who like role playing games?

3. Were there any people, guides, or games you read that made you a better player?

4. What games would you suggest a newer player to read (That new player is totally not me)

Path of Radiance! I've talked about it quite a bit in the last couple of pages so just ctrl+f "FE9" to find details on why.

I have no idea, I'm not very familiar with the roleplaying in this forum other than knowing that a bunch of people in the mafia section also RP here and there. You would probably better off asking them, but I'd suggest creating a skype group chat for SF roleplaying shenanigans and inviting them over to read the chat and see if they're interested in the stuff people talk about.

I do have a guide somewhere that I read sometime between ITTD and FE6, but I think it's best to just read through a couple of random old games after checking what everybody's alignment is, then taking a look at several things:

1. Why the people who voted mafia or suspected them at some point decided to do so, those will be things to look out for when trying to catch scum

2. Sometimes townies make mistakes and trust members of the mafia, if somebody is townreading another who is mafia, why is it? that's something you'd want to avoid clearing something for.

3. Very often townies vote each other, checking why town is voting town or why a mafia member is voting town gives you insight on what tells and reasons don't realy work to say that somebody is scum. Sometimes the townie who's getting voted did something legitimately scummy and it's no wonder that other townies are voting for them, in that case you want to look out for what they did wrong in order to avoid doing that and not get lynched yourself.

I didn't do this methodically by writing it down when I was reading my first games, but sometimes I do take a mental or physical note of a tell that worked wonders to catch scum and I don't think I could've thought of or worded properly myself.

If you think you already have a very good grasp of the basics then let me know and I'll send you the guide that Kaoz sent me a long time ago, as long as I can find it.

If you think you already have a very good grasp of the basics then let me know and I'll send you the guide that Kaoz sent me a long time ago, as long as I can find it.

Are you talking about the mentor one? Or did I send you any others before?

Edited by Kaoz

Long before that, you sent me the one that gave examples about how classic scumtells have to take player and game context heavily into consideration and later expanded on parsing intent in posts.

It was a post in mafiascum I think?

we must develop a conspiracy to interview you in the well since you're cool
[06-04-2015 16:51:49 | Edited 16:51:59] Bluedoom: alternatively you help me vote Eurykins next to interview the WALLPOSTER
[06-04-2015 16:51:52] Joshua "kirsche" Kirwan: well I'm /out this week
[06-04-2015 16:52:01] Bluedoom: awww why
[06-04-2015 16:52:41] Joshua "kirsche" Kirwan: I have a board games convention

Mitsuki(Gotta round off them couples)

Eurykins(Gotta interview DA WALLPOSTER)

Makaze(What does a robot gotta say about mafia?)