Smash 4, Character Discussion Thread. #21 Metaknight

Jedi

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the Meta Knight / Fox matchup like?

EDIT: Dear Melee monsters, Tamarsamar has the right to his opinion. In fact, I 100% agree with him. I prefer my games to not wear out my controllers, and nearly every fighting game outside Smash Bros has a skill floor that I can't swallow. Not everyone wants every Smash game to be like Melee.

Edited by Zera

EDIT: Dear Melee monsters, Tamarsamar has the right to his opinion. In fact, I 100% agree with him. I prefer my games to not wear out my controllers, and nearly every fighting game outside Smash Bros has a skill floor that I can't swallow. Not everyone wants every Smash game to be like Melee.

When did we imply we want every smash game to be like Melee? I prefer 4 over Melee myself, and its quite rude to refer to people who like Melee as "monsters"

Stating things as facts without being experienced in Melee around people who do have experience with it, is owed some correction, now lets not get side-tracked too much.

@ Fox vs Metaknight.

I don't have that much experience with the matchup, but I'd imagine its pretty even.

Sheik

I wonder if Fox actually falls too fast for MK's uair combos to work? MK probably edgeguards Fox for free tho? maybe?

Please, I do not need you speaking for me. Would it not be a touch hypocritical to accuse others of bullying, but then proceed to call them all manner of rude names, particularly behind their backs in private message (where you inexplicably advertised S&P2)? All I am saying is, you are not particularly helping the case for either of us. I never wanted to make it about Melee, anyway. I personally prefer to leave that game in the past where it belongs.

----

Back to the thread topic, I would be interested in some Charizard discussion some time. I'm not sure I like many of the other nomination options, but I'll withhold a tiebreaker anyway if it ends up being important.

Edited by Tamarsamar

Peach

ciSkvgm.jpg

0fxVdcW.png "Peachy"

Origin: Super Mario Brothers

Year: 1985

Developer: Nintendo

VA: Samantha Kelly

Framedata

RSATD: Peach has some moves from the oldschool RPG, Super Mario RPG, such as her frying pan side smash (Which is among two Mario Sports references) and her jab which is her slapping attack from the game as well, Group Hug however did not make it :P:

Peach is certainly a technical character, she has huge combo potential and a lot tricks up her sleeve, good throws, and a very handy projectile move, all of her moves flow into one another and the new Shield Stun from the recent patch should aim to help her even more.

However she lacks some really solid KO options, I mean she has them, but most of them require a read or punish to pull off properly. Although she is not going to get KO'd very easily herself due to her various recovery options.

I know literally nothing about fighting Peaches except that Damian whines about Link killing her with a yolo ftilt ヽ( ᐛ )ノ

on second thought I'm pretty sure my go-to strat vs Peach is to make it uncomfortable to be floating anywhere near me, generally though a combination of raining bombs, utilts, and probably a few aerials to mix things up

so basically I know very little about fighting Peach

She's pretty good at edgeguarding, at least? I think?

Edited by Euklyd

The new shieldstun mechanics will make her more deadly with her multihit Dairs. Otherwise, she's just another fighter with options and not so many kill moves

I think anyway

I'm just talking out of my ass I know nothing about the inner workings of Smash

It honestly feels a bit early to be discussing matchups so soon after a patch like 1.1.1, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Fair assessment there, you could still go off of what you recall though, I don't think it changed THAT much, other then the shield stuff.

Did you know - If you crouch as Peach and press the jump button, she will float on the ground, enabling aerial attacks without jumping. Useful!

Yep, I personally have known that since I mained her in Melee, works in Brawl, PM and of course 4 too :P:

re: "too soon after patch"

at this time I don't think 1.1.1 changed enough about character for matchups to drastically change

Anyone mentioning "too soon after patch" is silly and should've just talked about the 1.1.0 patch matchups instead.

As a Peach player, I don't know how to feel comfortable floating around those characters with frightening anti-airs like Mario's up-smash, yet on the receiving end of the Peach, I find dealing with the floating awkward fairly often.

Beyond that she's one of my favourite characters to edgeguard using, really strong moveset imo although I never find myself using her u-tilt or landing her u-air, which is disappointing. Turnips are hilarious, and recovering with Peach is really chill from my experience when the circle pad doesn't happen and leave you with your back to the ledge unable to get back up.

If I were to go to a tournament, I couldn't find myself using her unless I legitimately just wanted to play her for fun; she's not really a character I would play to win (because I'm significantly more confident with others), nor one I feel comfortable using to counter certain characters when in unfavourable MUs with Mario or Marth.

Peach is great, I love her so much! If I'm playing For Glory (or really for winning) I tend to use her, Zelda, or ZSS. Her floating ability is one of my favorites and great for stalling too! Her turnips are cute too, and randomly pulling out a bomb-omb can be helpful, but other times I end up blowing myself away lol. Also, I'm not sure whether I prefer her old up-air, or her new rainbow one, but I have gotten used to the new one. Kick was strong, though.

I sometimes just run back and forth on the stage because her running animation in Smash 4 is just silly-looking :P:

One thing I dislike is how she cannot grab the ledge if she's parasol-ing and facing the wrong way. I know you can grab it if you just let close the parasol, but for some reason, I have a hard time with the timing and just fast falling, completely missing the ledge to my death.

• 2 weeks later...

Peach is great, I love her so much! If I'm playing For Glory (or really for winning) I tend to use her, Zelda, or ZSS. Her floating ability is one of my favorites and great for stalling too! Her turnips are cute too, and randomly pulling out a bomb-omb can be helpful, but other times I end up blowing myself away lol. Also, I'm not sure whether I prefer her old up-air, or her new rainbow one, but I have gotten used to the new one. Kick was strong, though.

I sometimes just run back and forth on the stage because her running animation in Smash 4 is just silly-looking :P:

One thing I dislike is how she cannot grab the ledge if she's parasol-ing and facing the wrong way. I know you can grab it if you just let close the parasol, but for some reason, I have a hard time with the timing and just fast falling, completely missing the ledge to my death.

SUper late but, yeah I agree with the no grabbing the ledge with the parasol facing away, then again Ike has a similar problem with Aether now, (Which he didn't in brawl).

Speaking of silly running animations, how about that pre Smash 4 Bowser run animation with his invisible car!? Also I think I prefered the kicks to the rainbow uair, but the rainbow one works for me too.

Sorry again for being so late, it may be too late for more discussion ^^;

That's to prevent people from being annoying with those moves. Ike also had his up b nerfed so that he could not grab the ledge backwards (as well as not being able to regrab the ledge after using Aether 3 times in a row).

(as well as not being able to regrab the ledge after using Aether 3 times in a row).

wait he can't? I could've sworn ryuga? ryo? did this on 3DS

e: ok it's on the 5th one that it fails to ledgegrab. interesting

e2: kirby has no limit, or at least not before 11

Edited by Euklyd

• 4 weeks later...

Ok bumping this to say we will continue this.

Voting will end on the 19th

Please note Votes for Cloud will not count at this time as he hasn't been released. Because I feel someone would do it for lols.

Edited by Jedi