New Heroes: Attuned Nino & Ginnungapgap

Fire Emblem Fan

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, if all Attuned Heroes are going to be based on someone else, that's pretty much the basis for a good chunk of CYL Heroes. I wonder if that means those'll be a bit more diverse going forward?

Or heck, this might mean we'll finally get Ephraim cosplaying as Eirika in the next FE8 banner to pay off all those CYL 5 memes.

Yeah, poor Ephraim's emblem was like...only half bound into his (sister's) ring. If that did somehow get into the mix (lore-wise), I wonder how that would show up. Of course, it we got Ring!Eirika, I'd expect Ephraim to be in the background like Fallen Berkut's Rinea.

4 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

If I understood Nino's kit correctly then she would like to attack a unit that can counterattack so her follow up attack also triggers her Special. However, in the case she attacks a unit that can't counterattack, assuming she doubles and the enemy is still standing after the initial hit, then her Special will be charged (if it's a 3CD Special) at the end of that combat. But it looks like Fanged Ties would have charged her Special at the beginning of next turn anyway regardless of Flash Sparrow in that scenario, rendering the CD charge from her A skill redundant. 

If she has a 3-cooldown Special, it's reduced to 2 cooldown due to the Slaying effect. At the start of the turn, Fanged Ties will reduce the cooldown to zero, and she'll have it fully charged at the start of combat.

If the opponent can counterattack and doesn't have the defensive Tempo effect, she'll land her Special on the first hit, fully charge it from the opponent's counterattack, and land her Special again on the follow-up. Fanged Ties will then recharge her Special at the start of the next turn.

In any other situation (or if she kills the opponent on the first hit), she'll either have her Special fully charged at the end of combat or have it fully charged at the start of the next turn due to Fanged Ties.

If you switch her Special to Lethality, she'll always start the turn with at most 1 cooldown remaining and is guaranteed to land her Special on her follow-up, and in this case, she doesn't need Flash Sparrow and can switch to something else, like Atk/Spd Finish 4 or Atk/Spd Hexblade.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, poor Ephraim's emblem was like...only half bound into his (sister's) ring. If that did somehow get into the mix (lore-wise), I wonder how that would show up. Of course, it we got Ring!Eirika, I'd expect Ephraim to be in the background like Fallen Berkut's Rinea.

I'm not talking about Engage, there were a few fanarts of Ephraim in armor inspired by Eirika's to match Brave Eirika being inspired by him.

Don't have many strong feelings about this. They are just very neutral choices, though I suppose there aren't really any Blazing Blade palyable characters I'm excited for apart from Athos. Still no Nergal which is baffling. Are they really saving him for a Mythic even though we already have Athos? I guess he wouldn't be the worst choice, but it feels like he should have been in the game, like, five years ago when they added Julius. Maybe they'll just fob him off as a Fallen Hero some year like they did with Ashnard. Still, Fargus is cool and welcome.

On the topic of Blazing Blade, it's also approaching very low levels of remaining playable characters left. It has 11 playable characters not in the game...well, actually, 9, since Marcus and Merlinus are already in under their older incarnations, though CYL treats them differently. Our unrepresented playable characters are

*Wallace

*Lowen

*Bartre

*Marcus

*Merlinus

*Oswin

*Dart

*Geitz

*Vaida

*Renault

*Athos

Despite CYL counting them differently, I don't think we actually have any examples of characters from both Binding Blade and Blazing Blade being put in. We haven't got Binding Blade Karel yet, and we haven't even got old man Eliwood or Hector (though I maintain that that Valentine's Seasonal way back when absolutely should have been the old variations since the whole point was that they were hanging out with their kids). The closest I can think of is Christmas Zephiel. Assuming that you get one Elibe Base version, and also assuming that Athos will be a mythic and Vaida will be a GHB, we could be done with Blazing Blade in as little as two banners. That being said, I don't actually predict that will happen, as there is small chance they'll try and make two banners out of Wallace, Lowen , Bartre, Oswin, Dart, Geitz and Renault. I think even Isadora, Harken and Fargus are more saleable than them. Vaida will almost certainly be a banner unit even though GHB would be very fitting for her. Brenadn, Ephidel and, if Lyn mode fans are lucky, Lundgren will probably get the remaining GHB spots as they stretch it out to three banners (obviously Nergal is being consigned to absolute nothingness and will be the last character added to Heroes at all).

As far as stretching it out to any other characters, the only real potential is Eliwood's parents or Zephiel parents. Unless they're going to give us Natalie, lol. Guess it wouldn't be any weirder than Jorge. Denning would be a possibility too, not on CYL, but is pretty well liked by fans. Not sure IS knows that though.

Edited by Jotari

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

since Marcus and Merlinus are already in under their older incarnations

Had me doubting myself here, but no, Marcus isn't in the game at all isn't he? The closest unit to Marcus is ...Marcia.

Just now, Humanoid said:

Had me doubting myself here, but no, Marcus isn't in the game at all isn't he? The closest unit to Marcus is ...Marcia.

Oh wow, you're right. I just totally brain farted. I didn't even make a mistake with my notes or anything, just made a complete misassumption. Probably because old man Marcus absolutely should be in the game by now...that being said, the numbers are still the same, as there was a  mistake in my notes elsewhere because Binding Blade Bartre is in the game. I could claim I meant to say Bartre and Merlinus all along and said Marcus by mistake...but I didn't. I'm just very falliable. Still mathematics works on  my side in the end as mistakes cancel out.

26 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Probably because old man Marcus absolutely should be in the game by now...

Just want to point out that you start with six characters in Chapter 1 of Binding Blade and aside from Roy, only Wolt is in FEH at this point.....and even then Wolt only has a Summer alt from 2019.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ha! I KNEW the new OC was baby Freya all along!

You know, I made it my mission a few months back to count every individual character in the series.  Not characters at different ages or from parallel realities or brainwahsed or stuff. Just every character, once. And this bloody Heroes making everyone the same character thing is really runing that. I bet she'll end up being Gullveig too.

I don't recall Will that much. Was it ever a point that he was rude, either on purpose or accident? I don't recall anything that warrants Rebeca describing him as the king of rudeness or Will's accessory seemingly being meant to gag him when he's being rude. He always seemed pleasant and well meaning enough to me. If anything his buddy Sain is the rude one. Or Serra. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Fargus did indeed get a Prf weapon, and a good one. That's pretty awesome.

This has been a kind banner to me, so far. With my free summoning tickets, I got a random Brave Female Byleth, a Ginnungapgap, and Attuned Nino, in circles that had no blue or red options. Then, after a little bit of summoning, I got Isadora. Now to keep going for Harken, and/or merges/skill fodder.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't recall Will that much. Was it ever a point that he was rude, either on purpose or accident? I don't recall anything that warrants Rebeca describing him as the king of rudeness or Will's accessory seemingly being meant to gag him when he's being rude. He always seemed pleasant and well meaning enough to me. If anything his buddy Sain is the rude one. Or Serra. 

Honestly, no, Wil isn't ever really a rude guy. Rebecca was very upset with him leaving when they were kids, and his occasional cluelessness, but he was never really rude. Serra and Sain are definitely ruder than him.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It's from Wil and Rebecca's support conversations. Rebecca remembers Wil as the good-for-nothing that left home with her brother Dan several years ago and never came back, and when they reunite, Wil is oblivious to the fact that Rebecca has been worried sick because he thought Dan had already returned home after they parted ways.

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He wasn't really, yeah. Either Rebecca is being a dick, or the game decided for some reason incomprehensible to us that Wil's defining character trait now is being rude.

6 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

WHAT IS THIS LUCK?

I got all the way to 82 summons. 3 4* focuses, 3 pity breakers, absolutely no focus 5*s. At all. I just sparked Nino and Ginnungagap. Hopefully this means my future pulls/ pulls in other games will go better... 💀

Sorry, I may be unintentionally taking your luck.

Also, in somewhat related news, I didn't bother to read what Nino's prf skill did until like ... way later, and I'm now slightly pissed that she appears to be stealing Tormod's extra move gimmick. First they gave her extra move in her desert banner alt, and now her prf skill has conditional extra move. When Nino was never associated with extra move or even boots.

22 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

From what I remember reading his text several years ago, Wil is mildly happy-go-lucky, and self-aware of his insignificance. Encapsulated in him calling himself "Normal Archer number three" in his Rath support. "Pleasant" indeed is a word I'd use to describe him, I'd say he's amicable enough that almost anyone would be perfectly fine having him around as a traveling companion (not unlike Ranulf perhaps, another character I could see as being any/everyone's low-key buddy).

-And yeah, others have already pointed out that 'becca is a special case regarding Wil. Raven also nicknames Wil "Master of Rudeness", but it's Edgelord Raven, his opinion doesn't count whatsoever.😝 Of course Antisocial Serious Boy might have a difficult time getting along with Sociable Lighthearted Boy.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

On 11/15/2023 at 10:54 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Halting Bow is "制止の弓" (seishi no yumi), "Restraining Bow".

Corsair Cleaver is "海賊の長の大斧" (kaizoku no chō no daifu), "Pirate Boss's Great Axe".

Added translation notes for Wil's and Fargus's weapons.

I forgot to mention it before, but did anyone else notice Lady Gagap's tentacles? She has no legs. Also, the tentacles look like Ash and Askr's tails. Can't help but wonder if they're somehow related.

Harken's PRF is pretty much the Brave Sword in his home game but with a bit of his lore integrated into it. I think the warp mechanic alludes to his death seeker attitude that he has. Because of said warping mechanic, I jokingly nicknamed him "Ninja Harken".

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Harken's PRF is pretty much the Brave Sword in his home game but with a bit of his lore integrated into it. I think the warp mechanic alludes to his death seeker attitude that he has. Because of said warping mechanic, I jokingly nicknamed him "Ninja Harken".

I think it alludes more to his stealth and infiltration trick.

Y'know, I'd like to see Nihilego from Pokemon on either side of Lady Gagap. I feel like they'd go together aesthetically (also, since Nihilego's name basically means "empty self." Like, no sense of self.)

On 11/18/2023 at 8:41 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I remember reading his text several years ago, Wil is mildly happy-go-lucky, and self-aware of his insignificance. Encapsulated in him calling himself "Normal Archer number three" in his Rath support. "Pleasant" indeed is a word I'd use to describe him, I'd say he's amicable enough that almost anyone would be perfectly fine having him around as a traveling companion (not unlike Ranulf perhaps, another character I could see as being any/everyone's low-key buddy).

Right now I’m playing through The Blazing Blade and funnily enough I recruited Wil the day before this banner launched. So far he seems like the Stahl of The Blazing Blade cast, the remarkably unremarkable straight man who brings out the quirks in every character he converses with. The biggest difference is that Wil is the norm among his cast, whereas Stahl is almost abnormal because of his normalcy. With a few exceptions (Serra, Farina, Karel, Hawkeye, Jaffar, Bartre, maybe Florina), the Blazing Blade cast is more down-to earth than the Awakening cast.

On 12/3/2023 at 2:44 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I got Harken, and was able to use both summoning sparks. This banner was a good one for me and I'm glad I was able to summon everyone on it at least once. And in the case of Nino and Isadora, I got them twice. Excellent.

I hate you.

Just kidding, that's awesome! And you have some great fodder in the latter two to boot!