Legendary Hero - Camilla: Alluring Darkness

Fire Emblem Fan

I suppose it kinda says something that the forums went down for like 40 minutes immediately after Legendary Camilla was revealed. Whatever it said is up to your own interpretation.

Anyways, damn it I actually kinda wished this was Male Shez. With Female Alear here as well, I really can’t pass this up.

Oh well, I guess I should be glad that was able to completely (except for the free pull) skip the Winter banner.

I'm not gonna lie, I raged pretty hard when I saw her.

Like, I guess I'm not opposed to Camilla existing as a legendary entirely, just because I guess it's likely that all of the Fates siblings are going to make it in at this point. But IS's priorities on who they are and aren't releasing are seriously wack.

And yes, I realize that I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, but where the actual fuck is male Corrin? I'm not just asking out of principle, I really do want him and I would like to get him if they would put him in the damn game already. I don't care if he's the "unpopular" Corrin. He's just as much the main character as his female counterpart is, and considering how blatantly f!Corrin represented only Nohr, I want a Corrin that represents Hoshido. As in, the path that I actually picked. He should have been in this game a long time ago. "But he's not popular at all --" He's more popular than the likes of Deirdre, Fae and, Nanna and likely other female legendaries who've already made it in. He's probably more popular than Guinevere after her base form was added to the game.

But if not m!Corrin, I would've preferred to get Leo as the next Fates legendary sibling because, like Hinoka, he's the one who becomes king at the end of the route he's not playable in. Leo should've come before Camilla just for that. This one is IS's own fault for having Camilla give the crown to Leo even though she was the next rightful heir, I'm sure IS be kicking themselves over that one.

Plus it's just kind of tiring that the bar for legendaries (and mythic characters) is just lower for female characters than male characters. We haven't seen Sothe or Nils yet, who are basically "canon love interest" and "dragon kid", which apparently make one eligible for legendary status. I would understand if we just had a lot less female characters as legendaries, but at this point it is so lopsided towards the female characters it's not even funny and we still don't have three of the male avatar counterparts.

For people who wanted her, I'm happy for you. But I'm kinda bummed out and I'm not going to pretend like I'm not.

Edited by Sunwoo

39 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And yes, I realize that I'm going to sound like a broken record at this point, but where the actual fuck is male Corrin? I'm not just asking out of principle, I really do want him and I would like to get him if they would put him in the damn game already. I don't care if he's the "unpopular" Corrin. He's just as much the main character as his female counterpart is, and considering how blatantly f!Corrin represented only Nohr, I want a Corrin that represents Hoshido. As in, the path that I actually picked. He should have been in this game a long time ago. "But he's not popular at all --" He's more popular than the likes of Deirdre, Fae and, Nanna and likely other female legendaries who've already made it in. He's probably more popular than Guinevere after her base form was added to the game.

Yeah, you really can't call Male Corrin unpopular when he placed 29th in CYL7 and placed 3rd (Female Corrin and Azura being 1st and 2nd, respectively) among the cast of Fates.

Meanwhile, here are the CYL7 ranks of those female Legendaries that you mentioned:

Deirdre: 180th
Fae: 121st
Nanna: 281st
Guinivere: 323rd

Oh, and FE6 Guinivere's highest CYL rank was only 256th in CYL4 (the last one before she got added into FEH). Male Corrin has always placed within the top 100 (CYL2 featured his worst rank at 84th).

39 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

We haven't seen Sothe or Nils yet, who are basically "canon love interest" and "dragon kid", which apparently make one eligible for legendary status.

The problem with Nils specifically is that he's a dragon boy kid and not a dragon girl kid. That, and he's just unpopular compared to Ninian anyways (he got 297th in CYL7 while Ninian got 57th).

All of his best CYL placements (81st, 85th, and 78th in CYLs 2 to 4) occurred before his FEH inclusion. Nils immediately dropped to 327th in CYL5 and he (as his CYL7 rank shows) has only made slight improvement ever since.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, you really can't call Male Corrin unpopular when he placed 29th in CYL7 and placed 3rd (Female Corrin and Azura being 1st and 2nd, respectively) among the cast of Fates.

Meanwhile, here are the CYL7 ranks of those female Legendaries that you mentioned:

Deirdre: 180th
Fae: 121st
Nanna: 281st
Guinivere: 323rd

Oh, and FE6 Guinivere's highest CYL rank was only 256th in CYL4 (the last one before she got added into FEH). Male Corrin has always placed within the top 100 (CYL2 featured his worst rank at 84th).

Wait, did m!Corrin really rank higher than all the other Fates bros in CYL7? What is his average CYL rank compared to Takumi, Leo, Xander, and Ryoma? I always thought that between the five of them at least, m!Corrin was the least popular.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The problem with Nils specifically is that he's a dragon boy kid and not a dragon girl kid. That, and he's just unpopular compared to Ninian anyways (he got 297th in CYL7 while Ninian got 57th).

All of his best CYL placements (81st, 85th, and 78th in CYLs 2 to 4) occurred before his FEH inclusion. Nils immediately dropped to 327th in CYL5 and he (as his CYL7 rank shows) has only made slight improvement ever since.

That's absolutely fair. But it guess it's more of a consistency thing at this point, especially since based on story there's really nothing suggesting that Fae and Myrrh are more legendary than Nils. Also, he apparently still scored higher than Guinevere in CYL7 XD;

Between the Christmas banner and this reveal, I have to wonder if this game was having income issues.  But hey, about time she made it in.  Now here's hoping the rest of the Fates siblings make it in because I really want to see the chaos that the Legendary Little Sisters will bring!

Well, we knew it was going to happen eventually.

I guess the C skill is an upgraded Savage Blow? Wonder what the inheritance restrictions will be.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wait, did m!Corrin really rank higher than all the other Fates bros in CYL7? What is his average CYL rank compared to Takumi, Leo, Xander, and Ryoma? I always thought that between the five of them at least, m!Corrin was the least popular.

I believe M!Corrin usually does rank below Takumi and Leo, but that wasn’t the case in CYL7. Takumi and Leo were both slightly behind M!Corrin at 35th and 32nd in CYL7 respectively.

Xander and Ryoma were a bit further down in CYL7 at 70th and 99th respectively.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I believe M!Corrin usually does rank below Takumi and Leo, but that wasn’t the case in CYL7. Takumi and Leo were both slightly behind M!Corrin at 35th and 32nd in CYL7 respectively.

Xander and Ryoma were a bit further down in CYL7 at 70th and 99th respectively.

Huh. I'm legitimately surprised by that.

But I guess this just leaves me overall more confused as to WTF is going on with Fates character choices sometimes.

Oh yeah... Camilla still didn't have a legendary. I wasn't expecting for her, at all. Also the banner is an easy skip for me (good, cause I have to save orbs). I liked her "niche" of dealing crazy amount of unavoidable damage when the combat starts though, that's all I have to say about her now, I guess.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't think they've been holding M!Corrin because he's not popular, had the opposite impression actually, they hold a lot of popular characters for some time to maintain the interest on the game, and cause if they released every popular character as soon as they could, then less than halfway throught the game's life we'd be left with only a bunch of randoms to add and a bunch of ass pull options to put as legendaries/mythics, so they have to alternate between popular and non popular/ass pull options to avoid it. Is it fair that fucking Ullr was released before Athos or Gotoh? Of course not, but it does make the game last for longer, at least we know that M!Corrin will surely get a Legendary, one day. BUT, I do agree that the legendaries/mythics have been leaning a lot more on the women's side lately, couldn't have hurt to add a dude now, I think @eclipse(and everyone that said this on the Christmas banner thread) is right, the choices have been giving an air of desperation on IS' part.

Plus it's just kind of tiring that the bar for legendaries (and mythic characters) is just lower for female characters than male characters. We haven't seen Sothe or Nils yet, who are basically "canon love interest" and "dragon kid", which apparently make one eligible for legendary status. I would understand if we just had a lot less female characters as legendaries, but at this point it is so lopsided towards the female characters it's not even funny and we still don't have three of the male avatar counterparts.

Idk, I think Nils might never even get one. Even on FE7, it sometimes looks like he's only there because they need plot excuses to something or a gameplay replacement for Ninian when she can't be present for a chapter duo to story reasons. He can't even get supports on the game, and even Merlinus can. Not that I think he's a bad character or that he doesn't contribute to the story or whatever, but... Ninian is definitively more important than him, so much that the idea of Nils getting a legendary never crossed my mind, it'd be like saying that Nah or Xane deserve legendaries because they're dragon kids.

(I wouldn't complain at all if Nils got one, I like him a lot and in a sense he does fit the very loose criteria, I just wouldn't say that he definitively should have a claim to a legendary alt, just my opinion though). Sothe probably it deserves it though, since Nanna got one...

29 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I don't think they've been holding M!Corrin because he's not popular, had the opposite impression actually, they hold a lot of popular characters for some time to maintain the interest on the game, and cause if they released every popular character as soon as they could, then less than halfway throught the game's life we'd be left with only a bunch of randoms to add and a bunch of ass pull options to put as legendaries/mythics, so they have to alternate between popular and non popular/ass pull options to avoid it. Is it fair that fucking Ullr was released before Athos or Gotoh? Of course not, but it does make the game last for longer, at least we know that M!Corrin will surely get a Legendary, one day. BUT, I do agree that the legendaries/mythics have been leaning a lot more on the women's side lately, couldn't have hurt to add a dude now, I think @eclipse(and everyone that said this on the Christmas banner thread) is right, the choices have been giving an air of desperation on IS' part.

I don't actually agree that m!Corrin is popular enough to justify holding onto for this long. Also, considering that f!Alear and f!Shez got their legendary forms rather quick while m!Shez still doesn't have one and m!Robin only got his earlier this year, and m!Alear's base form took 6 months after f!Alear to show up when all the other avatars had been added at around the same time, this more seems to suggest that whoever's in charge of character decisions in Heroes does not see adding male characters/legendaries/mythics as a priority. Especially when m!Byleth is the only male avatar to get a legendary before his female counterpart, and f!Byleth released in the same year as him.

By your logic, m!Corrin should've gotten a legendary some time before Camilla anyway since Camilla's more popular than he is.

I don't actually agree that m!Corrin is popular enough to justify holding onto for this long. Also, considering that f!Alear and f!Shez got their legendary forms rather quick while m!Shez still doesn't have one and m!Robin only got his earlier this year, and m!Alear's base form took 6 months after f!Alear to show up when all the other avatars had been added at around the same time, this more seems to suggest that whoever's in charge of character decisions in Heroes does not see adding male characters/legendaries/mythics as a priority. Especially when m!Byleth is the only male avatar to get a legendary before his female counterpart, and f!Byleth released in the same year as him.

By your logic, m!Corrin should've gotten a legendary some time before Camilla anyway since Camilla's more popular than he is.

No, I didn't mean that the less popular characters always get a legendary before the most popular ones, I mean they alternate between them, see how even being as popular as she is, Camilla took like 8 years to get a legendary too. I think that the 3 Houses and Engage lords got their lords so quick because the games were new so they thought they'd sell better if they came fast (just my guess though).

I think that it's just that IS noticed that they used most the lords on the first few years of the game so now they started to withhold the ones they haven't used (except for Engage and 3 Hopes lords since they were so new and I bet they want to milk as much money from them as possible), Yuri and Elincia also only got theirs now. They already used all of the female lords (unless they're planning to release a non Grima version of Robin someday, I think they will) so it doesn't feel like they're "withholding" anything on their side as it feels with M!Corrin (and felt with M!Robin until earlier this year) because the female legendaries now aren't lords so we're never sure if they'll become legendaries until it happens, while a bunch of people claimed for L!Nanna or L!Caeda before they came, it never felt like what it feels with male Corrin (because we were never SURE that they would get a legendary, just how we're not 100% sure if Soren will get one someday...), I think that they want people to keep waiting for some characters like this because otherwise when we run out of lords, everyone will keep waiting only for characters that they're not 100% sure will even get a legendary (like Soren, Sothe, Nyna, or how Ninian and Myrrh were months ago...), I actually think that they're trying to build this "sure expectation" feeling again by giving us a strong expectation of having all of the Fates siblings as legendaries, so (after giving us Ryoma years ago) they give us Xander, then Hinoka, and now instead of the most likely options (Leo or Takumi) they throw us Camilla so we'll keep waiting not only for the ones that should have been more likely than her but also for all of the siblings period, bet that next Fates' one will be Elise or Sakura just to make us sure that the other younger sister will get one too (and to withhold Leo and Takumi- who we know will ger legendaries- for more time).

They do the same with New Heroes banners, we know that Marcus will get his OG version one day so we're waiting for it, but no one would wait so surely for some obscure characters they don't even know whether have a 100% shot of getting into the game, but each time a FE6/7 banner comes we think "But where's Marcus?" because we know he WILL come one day (same with Will, who came just some months ago).

I have a feeling they do this with OCs too, by releasing fallen Gustav years after book III and now Mythic Freyr, who didn't start to wait for Fallen and OG Fafnir? Or for Elm?(and after some appearences of Elm/after an update, they even gave him a special finishing animation- that only mythics get- but then didn't even release him, why would they go throiught the hassle if it wasn't to release him someday?).  Sorry for the long explanation, it's a bit hard to explain with a few words and I didn't want it to come across wrong.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its funny Takumi keeps being skipped for Fates legendary despite arguably being the most important Royal, certainly the most important one on the Hoshido side of things. 

And wanna bet that Takumi will be the last one (maybe after M!Corrin even), exactly because of this.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Wonderful. Yet another unit that kills you before combat even starts and yet another inheritable Divine Vein that invalidates defensive Divine Veins that are still only usable by 2 units.

It looks like Deadly Miasma is a tier-4 upgrade for Savage Blow, given its effect and Japanese name.

Anyways, the usual translation notes, but typed from a phone:

Camilla's epithet, "Alluring Darkness", is "黒檀に薫る妖花" (kokutan ni kaoru yōka), "Bewitching Flower With a Fragrance of Ebony". English doesn't have a verb that means "to smell good", which is really annoying for translation.

Bewitching Tome is "妖艶なる夜の書" (yōen-naru yoru no sho), "Tome of the Bewitching Night".

Spoil Rotten is "可愛がってあげる" (kawaigatte ageru), "(Let Me) Dote On You".

Deadly Miasma is "死の瘴気" (shi no shōki), "Miasma of Death". Compare with Savage Blow, which is "死の吐息" (shi no toiki), "Sigh of Death".

Divine Vein (Haze) is "天脈・瘴気" (tenmyaku: shōki), "Divine Vein: Miasma".

Edited by Ice Dragon

Sheesh, now I was watching the trailer again and I have a question about divine veins, if anyone knows the answer:

It says on the description that it replaces other divine veins but right after it says that divine vein applied simultaneously will cancel each other out, which one is it then?

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Between the Christmas banner and this reveal, I have to wonder if this game was having income issues.  But hey, about time she made it in.  Now here's hoping the rest of the Fates siblings make it in because I really want to see the chaos that the Legendary Little Sisters will bring!

Yeah, I can't remember who said it in the Xmas thread but this really does feel like IS smashing their emergency "print money" button. And it seems this Camilla will be even more frustrating to deal with than Ninja Camilla. Yay. I think this means every CYL winner now has a Prf skill associated with them though, so there's that scratched off our bingo cards at least.

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Oh yeah... Camilla still didn't have a legendary. I wasn't expecting for her, at all. Also the banner is an easy skip for me (good, cause I have to save orbs). I liked her "niche" of dealing crazy amount of unavoidable damage when the combat starts though, that's all I have to say about her now, I guess.

Idk, I think Nils might never even get one. Even on FE7, it sometimes looks like he's only there because they need plot excuses to something or a gameplay replacement for Ninian when she can't be present for a chapter duo to story reasons. He can't even get supports on the game, and even Merlinus can. Not that I think he's a bad character or that he doesn't contribute to the story or whatever, but... Ninian is definitively more important than him, so much that the idea of Nils getting a legendary never crossed my mind, it'd be like saying that Nah or Xane deserve legendaries because they're dragon kids.

(I wouldn't complain at all if Nils got one, I like him a lot and in a sense he does fit the very loose criteria, I just wouldn't say that he definitively should have a claim to a legendary alt, just my opinion though). Sothe probably it deserves it though, since Nanna got one...

Well Nils does bring the potential for another Dancer legendary if they want to play with that idea form gameplay reasons (so to would Elffin I suppose, but I'm not sure the Heroes developers know he exists).

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm not gonna lie, I raged pretty hard when I saw her.

Like, I guess I'm not opposed to Camilla existing as a legendary entirely, just because I guess it's likely that all of the Fates siblings are going to make it in at this point. But IS's priorities on who they are and aren't releasing are seriously wack.

But if not m!Corrin, I would've preferred to get Leo as the next Fates legendary sibling because, like Hinoka, he's the one who becomes king at the end of the route he's not playable in. Leo should've come before Camilla just for that. This one is IS's own fault for having Camilla give the crown to Leo even though she was the next rightful heir, I'm sure IS be kicking themselves over that one.

For people who wanted her, I'm happy for you. But I'm kinda bummed out and I'm not going to pretend like I'm not.

Camilla being here does pit Male Corrin in an unfortunate position. As it opens up the Fates Legendary Candidates to Leo, Hinoka and Takumi as well, maybe even Sakura and Elise too. Meaning there's way more competition when they have to go for a Fates Legendary. Camilla is fine as a legendary unit, but considering her Brave form already exists, she's not really the best choice for a brave unit right now...at least to satisfy my personal desires and preferences. Someone mentioned money troubles and that might very well be true.

49 minutes ago, alittlelapin said:

kind of surprised that she's a water legendary (?) not that i try to make sense of those anymore...

the units on the banner with her are pretty nice though i suppose! 

And on the same not as above, Male Corrin would have really suited the Water Element.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That's honestly kind of a shame because I think Nils is a far more cohesive character than his sister. I think Ninian at times falls too neatly into the archetype of cute love interest while Nils has more freedom to be his own character. Similarly Nils is also a much more cohesive character than most Dragon lolis, and I find him among the better FE shota's in general. 

I'm not mad or upset about Camilla getting a Legendary. I expect all the royal siblings in Fates to get one, it's just a matter of when. What I am rolling my eyes at, though, is the ridiculous before-battle damage. This is a relatively new mechanic to Heroes and it's already way out of hand.

And Nils should 1000% get a Legendary, he deserves it just as much if not more than some we already have.