Dream Duo/Harmonic Pairs?

I'm sure I've made something like this in the past, but I have enough harmonic/duo unit pairs in my head that I think would be cool that I decided to make a thread on it. Basically, list characters you think would be fun duo/harmonic units. This thread has nothing to do with game mechanics, but you can include those (weapon, movement type, etc) if you'd like.

I'll go first.

Jean (Engage) + any of the Healing Hands from Heroes. Ratatoskr is an obvious good fit, but I think that any of them would make for interesting interactions/teamwork with Jean. He's not just a healer in the traditional JRPG sense - he's actually an aspiring doctor, which fits the theme of almost all of the Book 8 native Heroes characters. So, I'd like to see them working together, and Jean learning everything he can from the Healing Hands member. The one character I'm iffy about, though, is Nidhoggr (not sure if I spelled her name right) since, well... I'd hope that was obvious. She's constantly drunk, and is, um... Yeah, let's not let her supervise the child.

Reyson (FE9/10) + Alfred (Engage) Both desire to be strong, both deal with inherent frailty which gets in the way. I feel like Alfred would try to cheer Reyson on into overcoming his weakness, but then later learn that the struggles he, himself, dealt with are different from the struggles of the Heron Laguz. There could be some bonding and unique insights into their circumstances here. Plus, I feel like Reyson would appreciate someone believing that he could become strong one day, even if it's not actually possible, while Alfred would be happy to have someone to cheer on and work out with. I feel like a summer version would be best here. (I described in the past a Muscle Beach banner, featuring these two guys and a bunch of buff women. I still feel like that would be fun, but it's not necessary for this duo to still be a thing.)

Alear (Engage) + Idunn (FE6) I'd hope this one speaks for itself. They both have heterochromia! Also the whole "divine vs fell dragons" themes going on.

Volug (FE9/10) + Pandreo (Engage) This is one I hope shows up for the upcoming (if they stick to that theme) desert banner, and I hope it takes place in Solm's desert this time. I just want Pandreo to start howling and confuse the heck out of Volug. Like, "What the heck are you saying? That's all gibberish! ... Oh! You didn't have to shout an insult like that." Or something along those lines. XD

Kana (Fates) + Morgan (Awakening) It would be fun to see these kids interact more. They're always just hanging out with their other selves or their parents.

Hmm I'm sure I had more, but I can't remember them right now. Anyway, what about you guys? Any fun ideas?

I mentioned this before, but I would like to see a Sonya/Genny Duo. Hopes for that have been half-dashed ever since the Sonya/Tharja Spring Duo became a thing... but that merely means there's still a chance to actually see it happen in-game. Just with Genny as the leading unit, I suppose.

As far as ideas with them go, I also once brought up about wanting to see them as a Harvest/Autumn Duo, dressed like Catrinas and using Sugar Skulls for weapons.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Marth/Lucina, Marth/Caeda, Roy/Lilina, Nils/Ninian, Brom/Nephenee, Nyna/Tatiana, Lon'qu/Florina, Ogma/Dieck, Sue/Rath, Eliwood/Hector, Marianne/Mordecai, Lugh/Raigh, Bartre/Karla, Isadora/Midia, Astram/Harken, Raven/Lucius, Matthew/Leila, Nino/Katarina, Lyn/Claude, Athos/Gotoh, Kent/Sain, Stahl/Abel, Cain/Sully, Mist/Lissa, Mycen/Jagen, Minerva/Cherche, Rebecca/Dart, Melady/Galle, Cormag/Heath, Ephraim/Dimitri, Neimi/Noire

In the absence of anything other themes to pair characters under (and obeying the no repeat leads rule), I'll match with hair colours:

Red: Titania/Tethys
Green: Oscar/Palla
Blue: Elice/Hector

Bald: Oliver/Hans

- Sharena and Bruno duo (wielding a lance! since he was the one who teached her to use one!) 

- Any 2 between Chad, Lugh and Raigh on a duo. Sofia/Raigh or Nimme/Raigh would be pretty cool too (or Niime/Hugh, for that matter, Raigh/Hugh and Cath/Chad would be pretty funny too). I mentioned in several posts of mine that I always wanted Raigh to find out that Sofia is a half dragon and see his reaction since this doesn't happen during their supports in FE6 (which is not actually bad, it means that he had an interest in keep talking to her because he liked her and not because of any "I have an obssessive interest in manaketes" related reason, but I'd have liked to see it regardless), about all of the other FE6 duos I just mentioned here too, it's just because I really like their relationships with each others. Guess I'd like to see interactions between Nino and one or both of the twins but at this point they've been milking Nino so much that my instinctive reaction would probably be to roll my eyes.

- A duo between two of the freebies, it'd be really cool to see some of the girls interacting between themselves. One of the freebies on a duo with one of the members of the Askr trio would be nice too (like say, Sharena and Peony or something, but I'd be down for the less obvious ones too). Just not Eir with the Askr trio because she is the OC with a bigger relationship established with them and already got a new year banner with the whole trio (I love Eir, but would be a bit of a waste in my opinion).

- Nótt and Ótr: Hear me out, I think they could act as the ultimate comedic duo (in this case, they'd have come from worlds after they had "broke up" (or there'd be some flimsy excuse to revive them) and would be bitching on each other the whole time, a dynamic like Serra/Erk or L'Arachel/Rennac but mixed with them being bitter exes poking what they dislike about each other, and played for laughs not for angst), bonus points if it was either a Bridal or Valentines alt (It'd be funny to see Nótt wanting to be a bride to almost any handsome man but then the Summoner sends her with Ótr, and Ótr not giving a crap about the festival at all and also not wanting to be there with Nótt). I could rant about a bunch of ideas I had about this, but then the post would probably be giantic so I'll leave it like this, specially because I imagine its not hard to picture it (or at least I think so). And they could either have some sort of "development" (and start to like each other for real, whether they were embarassed to admit ir or decided to try to work things out like the OG versions and themselves obviously didn't) or could simply stay as a bitter comedic duo until the end, I'd like it any way.

- Nils and Hector: Just because Nils can't have supports in FE7 and somedays ago I was remembered of how cool is the relationship between Hector and Nils (on a thread that @Etrurian emperor did suggesting to create supports for Nils).

There are surely a LOT more but I might add it later if I remember.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Alfonse and Dagr: They have the potential for a fun dynamic with Dagr being rowdy and overly familiar, and Alfonse being too stuffy to enjoy that.

Edelgard and Arvis: Seems kinda obvious. The morally shady but well intended flame emperors together. 

Mae and Boey: Specifically a Halloween Mae and Boey with the former forcefully dragging the later across spooky town.

Morgan and Morgan: I think the Morgans have every potential for some really cute interactions

Lugh and Idunn: Lugh babysitting her during the forging bond was cute, and I like to see more of that. 

Forrest and Ignatz: The artist boys teaming up. Alternatively either of them with Oliver

Naesalla and Travant: They'd likely see each other as kindred spirits and respect each other. 

Ashe and Chad: They're both thieves looking after their little brothers who don't inherently enjoy being a thief. Alternatively it could be Ashe and Cath.

Forrest and Rosado: I can imagine they both adore each other while having a friendly rivalry over who's the number 1 cutest

Alois and Bartr: The goofy dad brigade who bring cringe everywhere they go. 

L'arachel and Constance: Both haughty and wacky nobles teaming up together.

Renac and Serra: Renac is finally free of L'arachel. Then Serra enslaves him and he's even worse off. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Genuinely would like to see the bandit twins, probably as Pain and Agony even though those are two of the more boring incarnations of the characters (because beast units bias).

Edited by Jotari

This would mean they would have to put Elphin in the game first which I have given up hope on since apparently IS's Heroes team hates him, but I want Elphin and Rafiel(RD), I think they would get along very well and have some interesting convos about having an injury cause lasting problems and how to work around that.

15 hours ago, Jotari said:

Genuinely would like to see the bandit twins, probably as Pain and Agony even though those are two of the more boring incarnations of the characters (because beast units bias).

More boring? They're like the only actual Evil Laguz (TM) in both Tellius games, and are not adverse to EATING Beorc. That makes them way more interesting than most bandit twin pairs.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More boring? They're like the only actual Evil Laguz (TM) in both Tellius games, and are not adverse to EATING Beorc. That makes them way more interesting than most bandit twin pairs.

That's only special because Tellius is otherwise lacking on that front. As far as their personalities goes there's sorta nothing.

Fallen Robin M + Fallen Chrom. We've already gotten a Chrom/Robin duo, but I want one that expands on their whole "let's burn down the world together" thing from Fallen Chrom's Forging Bonds.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:43 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Alfonse and Dagr: They have the potential for a fun dynamic with Dagr being rowdy and overly familiar, and Alfonse being too stuffy to enjoy that.

Edelgard and Arvis: Seems kinda obvious. The morally shady but well intended flame emperors together. 

Mae and Boey: Specifically a Halloween Mae and Boey with the former forcefully dragging the later across spooky town.

Morgan and Morgan: I think the Morgans have every potential for some really cute interactions

Lugh and Idunn: Lugh babysitting her during the forging bond was cute, and I like to see more of that. 

Forrest and Ignatz: The artist boys teaming up. Alternatively either of them with Oliver

Naesalla and Travant: They'd likely see each other as kindred spirits and respect each other. 

Ashe and Chad: They're both thieves looking after their little brothers who don't inherently enjoy being a thief. Alternatively it could be Ashe and Cath.

Forrest and Rosado: I can imagine they both adore each other while having a friendly rivalry over who's the number 1 cutest

Alois and Bartr: The goofy dad brigade who bring cringe everywhere they go. 

L'arachel and Constance: Both haughty and wacky nobles teaming up together.

Renac and Serra: Renac is finally free of L'arachel. Then Serra enslaves him and he's even worse off. 

Fuck! I forgot Mae and Boey! I'd absolutely kill for them (even if it was just showing up together on a seasonal banner, if it wasn't a duo), among my favorite duo of characters on the series.

Alfonse and Dagr would be great too, Dagr is one of the very few OCs that have some sort of character dynamic with someone from the Askt trio, her moments with Alfonse on book V were pretty funny.

I think I'm suggesting a lot more Duos than Harmonics, I remember that someone did a "which support convos you'd like in Heroes" (or something like that) thread some weeks/months ago and I suggested some, but I don't wanna go there see it now lol. The whole thread in general had interesting suggestions for Harmonics (and Duos too, I think).

EDIT: Found the thread, it's this one.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Geralt & Sitri/Greil & Elena: Couples of of units and otherwise non-combative characters.

Abel & Est: Another canon couple

Dimitri & Edelgard (Young): They're so cute in the still!

Stahl & Abel: Two generations of panthers coming at you!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I'm surprised nobody suggested them yet since they were often brought up when talking about Harmonics that make sense because of Heroes like the very first one (Mia and Masked Marth):

Midori and Eir: They add a really cute Forging Bond together.

Nyx and Dimitri (War Phase): Same as before

Also:

Lara and Inigo: Thanks to their very recent Forging Bond

Camus and Zeke: Come on, if we can have Anna and Anna, Tiki and Tiki, Byleth and Byleth and so on we can have this.

If I had to suggest a Duo other than the ones already mentioned like Mae/Boyd:

Zephiel and Guinivere: This could be interesting no matter what game they pick. Their adult selves could have a very deep and interesting conversation about their different views on the world and humanity. Their kid selves would be icredibly cute and it could also be an excuse to get the little FE7 Guinivere in the game as backpack just like how the little FE7 Lilina is a backpack to Hector.

• 1 month later...

I’d whale for either Soren and Jakob or Female Corrin and Elincia, as long as they weren’t boring themes like winter or New Year’s.

Others I’d like to see would be:

Shigure and Reyson: To complement Azura and Leanne, and also that they’re both gorgeous singing bishonen.

Charlotte and Serra: A fun combination of overbearing and falsely demure personalities.

Navarre and Karel: They would look incredibly cool together, and their contrasting moral views could lead to an interesting conversation between them. Bonus points if they’re drawn by Yura.

Cynthia and Arthur: FOR JUSTICE!

Libra and Lucius: They have similar personalities and backgrounds, and could have some very interesting dialogue together.

Lethe and Panne: Two beast units with similar personalities and both their character arcs involve learning to trust.

Faye and Marisha: Adorable and determined villager girls with crushes. I’d also take either with Meg. Bonus points if this Harmonic is on a bridal banner.

Shura and Rickard: I can’t think of two thieves that are less alike, and Rickard would look up to Shura, which would greatly bother him. They’re also my favorite two thieves. I’d also take Ashe and Rickard for their contrasting moral views and they’re both cute.

Minerva and Hinoka: They’re both warrior princesses who prefer battle to courtly affairs and they would look incredibly cool together with their matching fiery hair.