Feh Channel, January 2024

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... You know what, I'm fine with Alfonse winning CYL. And I guess that's all that I really care about.

Also, it's kind of hilarious that there are no Engage characters here at all. I guess f!Robin got catapulted by Chrom, Lucina, and Robin-in-general fans, although I will confess to being slightly annoyed that m!Byleth and m!Corrin can't win after their female counterparts but f!Robin gets it the next year.

WhatevenisthisCYLlol

EDIT: Also, what even was the point of the GHB Lumera we got a year ago if they were just going to do this ?_?

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Also, what even was the point of the GHB Lumera we got a year ago if they were just going to do this ?_?

Maybe they were already expecting this, hence Emblem Heroes and an Engage Mythic.

So not only did Ivy (or literally anyone from Engage) not win, but two TH characters did win. Thanks, I despise this.

I guess my CYL8 freebie pick will be Female Robin by default because I can't stand Three Houses anymore and I don't give a shit about Alfonse. 

Felix and Bernadetta wouldn't have been my top choices for 3H winners. I'd have been happier if Ferdinand was there, but whatever.

Maybe Alfred will get his chance another year. I'm not even going to hope for Celine ... I don't think she was in top 20 for the women's division.

Yes! Robin (Female) is getting a Brave version! Those 12,319 votes! One of them's mine! It's been seven years! Finally! I'm so happy! I can't wait to see how many more of my Heroes can now reach their full potential with the five skill inheritance slots!

I do have one question, though: When they say an Emblem can't engage with themselves, does that mean they can't Engage with any version of themselves. Like, can I put Emblem Marth with say, Marth: Altean Groom?

Engage kind of got smashed on the men's side, but for the women's Yunaka and Ivy were 3rd and 4th by a fairly small margin. It seems like engage votes were just a little too spread out to beat out the more concentrated rallies for remaining picks.

No Engage sweep, no Leif, mid CYL (Alfonse is kinda nice tho)

Beyond that, skill inheritance cap is finally going up. That's a great QoL change alongside being able to see buff effects on a unit.

Not sure how to feel about Emblem heroes. It's nice you can use them as an actual unit, and they function as you'd expect an emblem to, but ehhhhh

As for rewards, it's nice that we're getting a free floret seeing as how ascended heroes have gone extinct.

6 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I do have one question, though: When they say an Emblem can't engage with themselves, does that mean they can't Engage with any version of themselves. Like, can I put Emblem Marth with say, Marth: Altean Groom?

I think it's meant to be the same meaning as how you can't use base Marth to merge up Legendary Marth, for example. I could be wrong, though, so we might just have to wait and see.

Edit: To clarify, I think it means you can't use Emblem Marth with another Emblem Marth, not that you can't use Emblem Marth with any other version of Marth. My apologies.

Edited by indigoasis

What a baffling CYL result. I expected a fight between Sigurd and Engage, and it turns out we get neither. I guess none of these are completely out of left field, but... man, I wanted Sigurd. Still, nice to see him and Leif higher than ever. And BK is getting up there now, too.

I've been predicting Emblem Heroes, but I expected them to be a few months ago, instead of Attuned Heroes. I hope we aren't getting another unit type later this year - we're so overloaded already. Marth is a logical first pick, and Lumera getting both a sword GHB and a dragon mythic seems reasonable.

At least we finally got SI up to five skills. And... now I'll have to redo all my revival pool calculations, I guess.

3H peeps just outnumber the rest of the fandom

Kinda disappointing honestly, but not really surprising

Maybe with some coordination engage fans can get a spot next year, but no more thah that, especially not if a new game releases

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Like everyone I'm surprised Engage got none of their characters in their respective top two. Granted, it was closer on the female side, but males were generally overshadowed by previous favorites. I do think Ivy and Yunaka could probably take it next year provided there's no major shake ups, but I can see the Engage males being behind for at least another year if MByleth and Sigurd keep it up. In terms of the actual winners, the only one I'm excited about is Alfonse as I like his character and I would like a useable version of him.

Not happy with Emblem Heroes as the concept is OK, but it feels like another excuse to sell popular lords which doesn't really appeal to me (even as someone who likes many of them). It also means characters like Soan, Athos, and Anri are going to be pushed back even more for the Emblems. As for Lumera, she's fine, honestly I was surprised she wasn't a Mythic before.

I wasn't expecting an Engage sweep, but...wow. Rant ahead, don't open the spoiler if you don't want to see negativity:

Spoiler

This is easily the worst set of CYL winners for me. F Robin is nice and that's it. I fucking hate Alfonse, I dislike Bernadetta (why her instead of Dorothea or Petra? Come on), and while I'm neutral altogether on Felix, I'm tired of Fodlan winners and would have preferred Diamant, Sigurd, Black Knight, etc. The one silver lining is that when the banner comes I can pick Robin as my freebie and move on.

I REALLY hope we can leave Fodlan behind from next year onward, but fucking M Byleth has to still be creeping around.

SI being increased to 5 is awesome and makes me happy I've saved my Rearmed Chroms.

Mythic Lumera is the first "Mythic alt" of a character previously in and sets a new precedent. Interesting. Now all the calls for "Mythic Idunn" have potential.

Emblem Marth makes it inevitable that we'll be getting new "Legendary" versions of characters who already have them. Another Lyn is on the way!

Probably the most interesting one will be the house leader emblem just because it's three people and they use diffrent weapon types. The others are easier to figure out weapon types and such.

Edited by vikingsfan92

23 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Probably the most interesting one will be the house leader emblem just because it's three people and they use diffrent weapon types. The others are easier to figure out weapon types and such.

I don't think Emblem Heroes will be multi-character, even if they correspond to Engage characters that were. Emblem Heroes take inspiration from Engage, but they'll be open even to characters who weren't Emblems in Engage at all.

I can't watch the video right now. Can someone provide details on the mythic. What are we getting? Lumera? Emblem Marth? Lumera using Emblem Marth?

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I can't watch the video right now. Can someone provide details on the mythic. What are we getting? Lumera? Emblem Marth? Lumera using Emblem Marth?

Mythic Lumera and Emblem Marth, both their own separate units.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think Emblem Heroes will be multi-character, even if they correspond to Engage characters that were. Emblem Heroes take inspiration from Engage, but they'll be open even to characters who weren't Emblems in Engage at all.

I could bet that, if they indeed use characters that were not Emblems in Engage, they might go for one who was a Bond Ring as a first choice.

Edited by Acacia Sgt