Feh Channel, January 2024

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

It's just the ol' "I can fix her" trope at play. I understand the win in that context, even if it's diametrically opposite to my own preferences for normal, well-adjusted individuals. Trying to fix these obviously damaged people is far beyond my pay grade

I think it plays a part but is more a factor for Marianne. For Bernie I think the reason is simpler. She’s just all around “cute and moe”. In terms of personality and design she’s not unlike the party loli while being an adult and it thus not being so awkward. And then you can get the “I can fix her” on top of that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the difference is that with Marianne it's played straight, whereas with Bernie it's played - somewhat distastefully - for laughs. In that context, I'm pretty glad the former won in CYL much earlier. Indeed she's a 4*SR demote now.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Who are you guys voting for AHR? Or who do you think that has a chance? I still have 0 clue of who I'll vote for, didn't vote yesterday and didn't go throught the options to refresh my mind about the recent good units.

We're still on the first day of voting, for the next ~14 hours.

Recent special unit types tend to do well. I'd bet on Gullveig making it into the Top 8, and probably Winter Edelgard as well via Edelgard power. Legendary Camilla could also be a strong candidate, and I'm curious to see how Emblem Marth does. Personally I cast my first vote for Kvasir, since I don't have any version of her yet.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Emblem Marth

Neither he nor Mythic Lumera are eligible for voting. They probably intentionally started AHR early as to exclude Marth. Ah well, can't always have the shiniest new toy.

I imagine Marth would have easily won, just like how Legendary Ike did the first ever AHR.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Neither he nor Mythic Lumera are eligible for voting. They probably intentionally started AHR early as to exclude Marth. Ah well, can't always have the shiniest new toy.

I imagine Marth would have easily won, just like how Legendary Ike did the first ever AHR.

Agh, that's a shame. That's exactly what I was hoping for a repeat of.

The Voting Gauntlet adds an element of randomness, but still.

Hey, the wallpapers this year are really nice! My first day vote went to Summer Nifl since she's a unit I don't actually have but want and I don't mind her art. I think I'll mostly follow this pattern (or just go for wallpapers) this year.

I'm not overly invested in who gets in, but since I'm here I figured I'd start with Ninja Sanaki. There are a fair few heroes I'd just as happily get, but being able to dodge the many red 4* seasonals for the annual freebie summon is an appealing thought.

Going through the past year's released, I'd be perfectly content with any of the following realistic candidates getting in (reverse chronological order since that's how the list is presented):
- NY Duo Seidr
- Legendary Camilla
- Winter Edelgard
- Mythic Gullveig
- Attuned Nino
- Halloween Harmonic Anna
- Wind Duo Kagero

Hah, alongside Sanaki, I only got as far back as September to fill the 8 slots. Then again, given I was actually actively playing and getting my desired units on their debuts prior to that, it's probably not too surprising that going back further doesn't yield any more units I'd prefer to these. Indeed if I go back to the start of the year, the only possible exception is Harmonic Linde.

Going back through the list a second time to verify, and yep, that's my eight. Honourable mentions would be Desert Altina, Rearmed Reinhardt and NY Kvasir, again all very recent units, and indeed all from this year. That powercreep huh?

12 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Do we know the duration of the Hero Fest banner?

Yeah, it's right there in the video, 1st of February until the 4th of March for west coast US, add a day for the rest of the world.

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, it's right there in the video, 1st of February until the 4th of March for west coast US, add a day for the rest of the world.

Thanks! That would be enough time to get the orbs to spark. Need merges on Veronica and Robin while also needing a spark on the Mythic banner for Hinoka.

For @ARMADS!!! and anyone else still on the AHR fence, OblivionKnight put out a video last week about the year's heavy hitters for those interested. I'm not meta-savvy enough to offer an insightful opinion but I think these are solid choices for the most part. Except Edelgard, obviously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok5U_itn4Tg

Winter Edelgard is guaranteed to get into the top 8, so we all better just accept that now.

Now, if Fallen Edelgard somehow gets back into the VG stage, then that may well be a legitimate breaking point for me. I can tolerate Summer Edelgard & Altina getting in as a second Edelgard, but definitely not Fallen.

It'd be especially wild given Fallen Edelgard is a 4*SR special unit now. The fact that she is is just mindbending.

I'd been prioritising grey for the weekly Arena freebies since they were introduced. Wonder if it's time to re-evaluate.

Well I like the boys side winners and don't care about the girls at all.  I was hoping for Ivy but oh well.

The rest of the channel was ok at least a few pity breakers that haunt me will no longer bother me.

As to AHR my first vote went to Desert Altina since I failed to get her and am not using anymore orbs to try.  I think I will use my other votes on ninja Sanaki since I really want her.  Of course the one hope would be no Edelgards because I have all of them even though I didn't try for her and I don't want merges.  I just hope like past years the freebie and banner is all units I don't have. 

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It'd be especially wild given Fallen Edelgard is a 4*SR special unit now. The fact that she is is just mindbending.

I'd been prioritising grey for the weekly Arena freebies since they were introduced. Wonder if it's time to re-evaluate.

I've been tracking my odds of getting a new unit in each color. At present, my best chance is red, at 3/69, since I'm only missing one unit from each of the other colors. (My only missing units from the revival pool are Lucina, Sanaki, and Midori in red, and Fallen Berkut, Minerva, and Mist elsewhere.)

The best thing that was announced in this Feh Channel for me was 5 skills in Skill Inheritance. That makes it significantly less awkward to use Rearmed and Attuned Heroes since they all have a single-tier skill (Arcane weapon or Echo skill) that they want to give out in addition to 4-tier passive skills.

The second best thing was very obviously this:

img_20240129_02-13.jpg

32 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Fallen Edelgard also gets to be on two of the new Weekly Revival banners, too. 

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As always, Daisuke Izuka didn’t need to go that hard but I am very glad and grateful that he did.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

As always, Daisuke Izuka didn’t need to go that hard but I am very glad and grateful that he did.

Well said.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, this was just downright breathtaking. As others said, Izuka-san had no right to go so hard but I am so happy he did.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Winter Edelgard is guaranteed to get into the top 8, so we all better just accept that now.

Now, if Fallen Edelgard somehow gets back into the VG stage, then that may well be a legitimate breaking point for me. I can tolerate Summer Edelgard & Altina getting in as a second Edelgard, but definitely not Fallen.

Why not all three at this point? I wouldn't put it past anyone. At this point I suspect people will vote against any Edelgard out of reflex regardless of whether the alt in question deserves to be in the VG. Of course if I end up getting her I'm just going to feed her Armored Blaze to someone and be done with it~

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The best thing that was announced in this Feh Channel for me was 5 skills in Skill Inheritance. That makes it significantly less awkward to use Rearmed and Attuned Heroes since they all have a single-tier skill (Arcane weapon or Echo skill) that they want to give out in addition to 4-tier passive skills.

img_20240129_02-13.jpg

I wonder how they chose which characters to be there. Because Validar is really standing out as a toady to me.

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Why not all three at this point?

Oh don't worry, I'm considering that a very distinct possibility too.

Winter Edelgard would also just be skill fodder for me if she wins. After all, I've already purged my barracks of all the Edelgards I had (including Flame Emperor) except for the one who has Altina attached to her.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I wonder how they chose which characters to be there. Because Validar is really standing out as a toady to me.

They're all characters that Daisuke Izuka drew in FEH.

I imagine Izuka wanted to include Validar since he was the latest character that he drew.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

These are the most bad-guy-est bad guys that he's drawn for Heroes so far.

Fomortiis, Resplendent Surtr, and Validar are his 3 most recently drawn units, with Surtr and Validar being released since the previous anniversary and Fomortiis being released just barely before the previous anniversary.

If Fallen Edelgard somehow gets into the VG again, it's probably a sign at this point that people are doing it on purpose just to troll.

Winter Edelgard would make more sense to get into VG at least because she is new and powerful. That said, if she ends up being our freebie, I'll just put her in the reserve barracks and forget she exists.

I feel like there are too many good units that were released in the last few months for troll votes to have much of a chance to really break through.

All 4 of the Winter banner units are insanely good (and I absolutely expect to see Duo Byleth, Winter Dimitri, and Winter Edelgard making it into the Voting Gauntlet), and we have a bunch of other recently released powerhouses like Wind Claude, Duo Sanaki, Legendary Camilla, Rearmed Reinhardt, and Desert Altina that all have a good chance of making it in.