• Peony: Cherished Dream
    • Gullveig: Golden Seer
    • Dimitri: Blessed Protector
    • Camilla: Alluring Darkness
    • Claude: Golden Breeze
    • Alear: Awoken Divinity
    • Sanaki: Dawnsworn Ninja

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2024 at 02:59 AM

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As someone who has played a lot of Challenge Cup in Pokemon Stadium 2, you really should be using Thunder in your example instead.

Yes I know it has worse accuracy (70%), but that 70% sure feels more like a coin flip (50%) a lot of the time.

Coincidentally, the average VG match is also essentially a coin flip.

I picked Hydro Pump because it's one of the few inaccurate single-target damaging moves that are still relevant to the current official competitive format (VGC). Not because it's good, but because there's one Pokémon that has no choice but to run it.

Spoiler

Iron Bundle is infamous for being a really good Pokémon that has an unfortunate movepool. It's an Ice/Water-type special attacker that has literally only 4 special Water-type moves in its movepool: Whirlpool (35 power, 85% accuracy, traps the target and deals residual damage), Chilling Water (50 power, lowers the target's Attack), Water Pulse (60 power, 20% chance to confuse the target), and Hydro Pump (110 power, 80% accuracy), with literally nothing in between Water Pulse and Hydro Pump. No Surf. No Muddy Water. No Scald (though that's to be expected because Ice-types don't get Scald).

Players using Iron Bundle are forced to run the inconsistent Hydro Pump because there are literally no other options and therefore have to live with the fact that they will miss at really inopportune times.

Just like how Voting Gauntlet participants have to live with the fact that their team will occasionally lose, even when it's bigger by a sizable factor.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me Peony won her side because Alear won again and I will be set on destroying her it is now personal.  I will cry if she is the free unit and everyone that wants her is making my very bad week even worse by making it seem like she is soo wonderful and I should want more copies of her.  I don't want to hear how good her fodder is I have plenty of her and don't need/want anymore of her.  

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

Please tell me Peony won her side because Alear won again and I will be set on destroying her it is now personal.

She did, tanked the final multiplier.

...and my 11% pity rate on the Legendary banner just got smashed by Peony. >.<

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

She did, tanked the final multiplier.

...and my 11% pity rate on the Legendary banner just got smashed by Peony. >.<

Thanks at least there is a chance I can get someone useful, though sorry that Peony pity broke you.  

Well, this is the second year in a row where the 8th seed made it to the finals. To date, the AHR finals have been between:

2020: #1 (Altina) vs. #3 (Sothis)
2021: #1 (Seiros) vs. #2 (Ninja Lyn & Florina)
2022: #1 (Ninja F!Corrin & Elise) vs. #7 (Hatari Azura & Leanne)
2023: #2 (Fomortiis) vs. #8 (Legendary Veronica)
2024: #3 (Legendary F!Alear) vs. #8 (Attuned Peony)
bold = the winner

I guess this will also be the first time where neither the #1 seed or the #2 seed made it to the finals.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Thanks at least there is a chance I can get someone useful, though sorry that Peony pity broke you.  

While it's not the ideal result for me, I still have to admit getting a fifth Peony (should she win) is still probably a better result for me than a second Alear (or Claude).

Would have preferred any of Dimitri, Edelgard, Gullveig, Camilla or Sanaki though, but that ship has sailed.

And with that the event ends. It was Same Hell for the last two hours and Alear was slightly in the lead, I wonder if that'll remain true in the final tally too. While I wanted Sanaki for the sisterly fluff, Peony and F!Alear were my biggest wants from the 8 so I'll be happy either way... though I confess I would prefer a free Peony.

Damn, one of the ones I already have.

Maybe I can at least get Alear and Claude from the banner.

So I get my third-least wanted unit instead of my second-least wanted. In the circumstances I'll take it.

I am ... happy about this, I guess?

Both would've been new and I wouldn't have complained getting either as the freebie, but I did prefer Peony slightly more. Still, I'd been expecting an Alear win so I wouldn't be disappointed when Peony lost that now I'm just kinda confused.

I'm a bit surprised since Peony's team gained fewer votes during the first same hour. I wonder if it's because Alear's team's disadvantage multiplier was more recent so that the team had fewer ballots available.

Regardless of how the win came about, the result is perfect for me. Peony has the most value to me as a free unit, and the banner is going to be all green, which makes orb spending a ton more efficient.

I am happy with this result. Peony winning the VG and be gifted for free just allows me to skip the A Hero Rises banner, since she was the only one I wanted and I don't care in getting merges.

Looks like we're getting Peony on 3/19. Last year's AHR banner went live on 3/22 so this year's will most likely also fall around that date.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Last year's AHR banner went live on 3/22 so this year's will most likely also fall around that date.

Last year the banner started on the same day the free hero was distributed, so odds are the banner this year will also arrive on the 19th.

Ok cool. Free Peony. Of the 8, she was one of my top 2 to get, if only for fodder. I'm satisfied, I guess.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, Mercakete said:

Ok cool. Free Peony. Of the 8, she was one of my top 2 to get, if only for fodder. I'm satisfied, I guess.

If you get copies of her on the banner you can use her to duplicate skills, so she gets added value that way if that helps?

16 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

If you get copies of her on the banner you can use her to duplicate skills, so she gets added value that way if that helps?

Oh I'm not upset. Just not enthused. As I said, there just wasn't really anyone to be excited about, speaking personally. Peony was one of my top two picks of those here, so I'm mildly happy about it, just not very.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my luck went as expected. I got a few Peony copies which I'm happy with but mostly Claudes (including one who stole my focus charges) and the only Alear I got was from the second spark. I think I'm going to try and get a Merric and/ or Caeda from the NH Banner and maybe come back to this if I can reach another spark before the banner expires. I hope your luck is better everyone!

UPDATE:

I think I'm going to try and get a Merric and/ or Caeda from the NH Banner

I got one of each, including the spark. 💀

Edited by DefyingFates