Pre Banner Discussion Thread: Bridal Banner 2024

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You're really hung up on that, huh.

I genuinely think an Ashamed Almedha pairing would be way more interesting than Harem number 5. For one, it would be the only reasonable way to put Almedha in the game, by either making her a backpack or by showing her in a point in her life where she could transform. It'd also give us a non insane version of Ashnard (well relatively speaking). Almedha also fell for Ashnard because he was intensely sexy to her, which I'd love to see them try to depict while being PC. Finally, you want ethnic (which let's acknowledge us a silly term because everything is ethnic), dragon laguz are vaguely Indian inspired, let's put Ashnard in a Sherwani, he'd look amazing.

Edited by Jotari

Shadows of Valentia seems like an obvious option to me. I can’t think of the last time we had a SoV seasonal alt, let alone a banner.

I could see a lineup of Celica, Alm, Clair, a Faye harmonic (this with Marisha or Meg would be a dream come true, but other than Elice, I don’t think a character has ever debuted with a harmonic alt) and Gray as the Tempest Trial unit. I dislike Gray x Clair, but it’s probabIy the most popular SoV pairing behind Alm x Celica. If I recall correctly, Clair has some feelings for Alm, so she’d fit the banner in that way as well.

10 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Shadows of Valentia seems like an obvious option to me. I can’t think of the last time we had a SoV seasonal alt, let alone a banner.

I could see a lineup of Celica, Alm, Clair, a Faye harmonic (this with Marisha or Meg would be a dream come true, but other than Elice, I don’t think a character has ever debuted with a harmonic alt) and Gray as the Tempest Trial unit. I dislike Gray x Clair, but it’s probabIy the most popular SoV pairing behind Alm x Celica. If I recall correctly, Clair has some feelings for Alm, so she’d fit the banner in that way as well.

I always thought that Boey and Mae were more popular than Gray x Clair (I could be wrong though). I wouldn't be super fan of another loved themed banner with the trio Celica, Alm and Faye since that's already the SOV's Valentine banner and cause Alm and Celica are the SoV characters that are in the least need of alts (also, if we add Claire, it'll be 3 girls that like Alm on the same place), but at the same time I'd prefer this over no Valentia's banner (and it'd definitvely be better than a harem banner).

I feel like they'd probably put Clive and Mathilda on this one too (assuming most/half characters on the banner are from Valentia instead of having it be a huge mix of titles) cause they seem to like to put an older married couple (like Pent/Louise, Nailah/Rafiel, Juno/Zealot,...) even when they're not too popular. (I think Clive and Mathilda are only engaged during the story though, not actually married yet, right? But it probably doesn't matter anyway).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Shadows of Valentia

On 5/12/2024 at 3:39 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

You're really hung up on that, huh.

Lima and Liprica!

Edited by Jotari

23 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I always thought that Boey and Mae were more popular than Gray x Clair (I could be wrong though). I wouldn't be super fan of another loved themed banner with the trio Celica, Alm and Faye since that's already the SOV's Valentine banner and cause Alm and Celica are the SoV characters that are in the least need of alts (also, if we add Claire, it'll be 3 girls that like Alm on the same place), but at the same time I'd prefer this over no Valentia's banner (and it'd definitvely be better than a harem banner).

I feel like they'd probably put Clive and Mathilda on this one too (assuming most/half characters on the banner are from Valentia instead of having it be a huge mix of titles) cause they seem to like to put an older married couple (like Pent/Louise, Nailah/Rafiel, Juno/Zealot,...) even when they're not too popular. (I think Clive and Mathilda are only engaged during the story though, not actually married yet, right? But it probably doesn't matter anyway).

I forgot about Mae, Boey, Mathilda and Clive. That shows how long it has been since I last played Shadows of Valentia. I’d say any of those four are likely candidates for a SoV-themed wedding banner as well.

On 5/12/2024 at 9:10 AM, Jotari said:

I genuinely think an Ashamed Almedha pairing would be way more interesting than Harem number 5. For one, it would be the only reasonable way to put Almedha in the game, by either making her a backpack or by showing her in a point in her life where she could transform. It'd also give us a non insane version of Ashnard (well relatively speaking). Almedha also fell for Ashnard because he was intensely sexy to her, which I'd love to see them try to depict while being PC. Finally, you want ethnic (which let's acknowledge us a silly term because everything is ethnic), dragon laguz are vaguely Indian inspired, let's put Ashnard in a Sherwani, he'd look amazing.

The idea of an Almedha before she became powerless and loony would be pretty interesting. Given that Ashnard of all people found her attractive that says a certain things about her behavior and power. 

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The idea of an Almedha before she became powerless and loony would be pretty interesting. Given that Ashnard of all people found her attractive that says a certain things about her behavior and power. 

Did he? I'm pretty sure his only interest was in her power. When she lost it, that was pretty much the end of the relationship.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did he? I'm pretty sure his only interest was in her power. When she lost it, that was pretty much the end of the relationship.

Almedha says it was a mutual attraction. And a violent Black Dragon going around being rowdy probably would appeal to his tastes.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Almedha says it was a mutual attraction. And a violent Black Dragon going around being rowdy probably would appeal to his tastes.

It's possible, but from how we know how Ashnard is, Lust for Power could be what attracted him to Almedha, and it wasn't romantic from his end.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's possible, but from how we know how Ashnard is, Lust for Power could be what attracted him to Almedha, and it wasn't romantic from his end.

Oh its not romance. Almedha spells that out. But it was some form of attraction. And I took that as Almedha's ability to inflict violence on others turning him on. 

If we're getting SoV, I wanna see Gray and Clair.

Honestly, more canon couples in general would be nice. Bartre and Karla, Clive and Mathilda, Lewyn and Erinys, etc. And if you need just a singular character for the TT+ unit, there's plenty of married men whose spouses are not seen, you could use any one of them. Brom, Alois, Etzel, Hawkeye, etc.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There is a specific line where she details her relationship with Ashnard. I tried to have a look for it before posting the other day hut couldn't remember which chapter (I'd love if the suite provided full game text dumps instead of chapter by chapter, more often than not I want to search they entire script for a reference), and not even all the chapters are in Serenes. From what I remember though, it seemed to be a mutual attraction if pure lust.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Honestly, more canon couples in general would be nice. Bartre and Karla, Clive and Mathilda, Lewyn and Erinys, etc. And if you need just a singular character for the TT+ unit, there's plenty of married men whose spouses are not seen, you could use any one of them. Brom, Alois, Etzel, Hawkeye, etc.

Imagine @Saint Rubenio's delight if we got TT Frost.

Coming to think of it, a wedding banner would be perfect way of getting Natalie in there. She's inexplicably on CYL, let's actually do something with her.

Edited by Jotari

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

There is a specific line where she details her relationship with Ashnard. I tried to have a look for it before posting the other day hut couldn't remember which chapter (I'd love if the suite provided full game text dumps instead of chapter by chapter, more often than not I want to search they entire script for a reference), and not even all the chapters are in Serenes. From what I remember though, it seemed to be a mutual attraction if pure lust.

Here you go.:

Spoiler

Elincia:
“Lady Almedha, you were King Ashnard’s wife, correct?”

Almedha:
“There was never a formal wedding ceremony, so I suppose some would call me a mistress… But I was the only one he could ever call his wife. And I’m the only one who can be called the mother of his child…”

Elincia:
“King Pelleas.”

Almedha:
“Yes, Pelleas. We were separated so long… Finally having him back is the greatest gift imaginable.”

Elincia:
“…Forgive me for asking, but why did King Ashnard suddenly decide to invade Crimea? I want to know why my parents died.”

Almedha:
“Truthfully, I don’t know.”

Elincia:
“You were closer to him than anyone. Didn’t he say anything? Did he never explain his reasons?”

Almedha:
“The last time I saw Ashnard was long ago, more than twenty years. I’m afraid I don’t know many state secrets from after that point.”

Elincia:
“But, why…”

Almedha:
“You look so surprised. We had a falling out and ended up living separately… It happens rather a lot, I’m afraid.”

Elincia:
“No, it’s just that… Well, you said that King Ashnard had no other wives or children… I just assumed that you had always been by his side.”

Almedha:
“Ha ha… There was always gossip, of course, and I hated it. But I know with absolute certainty… Ashnard had relations with no other woman. And so I said as much.”

Elincia:
“So he did love you, in his own way?”

Almedha:
“Love? Love?! Ha ha… Seriously… Ha ha ha…ha ha haa!”

Elincia:
“Wh-what’s so funny?”

Almedha:
There was no love between Ashnard and me. There was a strong mutual attraction between us, eventually resulting in a child… But all I ever was to him was a source of power. Once I became pregnant, I was useless to him. Bereft of my strength, he found my presence nothing more than an irritating distraction. After Pelleas was born, Ashnard became obsessed with the boy… But, once he realized Pelleas had no special powers… Ashnard rejected him, and used him as bait in a cruel trap for my brother…”

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Here you go.:

Reveal hidden contents

Elincia:
“Lady Almedha, you were King Ashnard’s wife, correct?”

Almedha:
“There was never a formal wedding ceremony, so I suppose some would call me a mistress… But I was the only one he could ever call his wife. And I’m the only one who can be called the mother of his child…”

Elincia:
“King Pelleas.”

Almedha:
“Yes, Pelleas. We were separated so long… Finally having him back is the greatest gift imaginable.”

Elincia:
“…Forgive me for asking, but why did King Ashnard suddenly decide to invade Crimea? I want to know why my parents died.”

Almedha:
“Truthfully, I don’t know.”

Elincia:
“You were closer to him than anyone. Didn’t he say anything? Did he never explain his reasons?”

Almedha:
“The last time I saw Ashnard was long ago, more than twenty years. I’m afraid I don’t know many state secrets from after that point.”

Elincia:
“But, why…”

Almedha:
“You look so surprised. We had a falling out and ended up living separately… It happens rather a lot, I’m afraid.”

Elincia:
“No, it’s just that… Well, you said that King Ashnard had no other wives or children… I just assumed that you had always been by his side.”

Almedha:
“Ha ha… There was always gossip, of course, and I hated it. But I know with absolute certainty… Ashnard had relations with no other woman. And so I said as much.”

Elincia:
“So he did love you, in his own way?”

Almedha:
“Love? Love?! Ha ha… Seriously… Ha ha ha…ha ha haa!”

Elincia:
“Wh-what’s so funny?”

Almedha:
There was no love between Ashnard and me. There was a strong mutual attraction between us, eventually resulting in a child… But all I ever was to him was a source of power. Once I became pregnant, I was useless to him. Bereft of my strength, he found my presence nothing more than an irritating distraction. After Pelleas was born, Ashnard became obsessed with the boy… But, once he realized Pelleas had no special powers… Ashnard rejected him, and used him as bait in a cruel trap for my brother…”

Ah, it's a part 4 conversation. I was checking the part 3 chapters. Also expressly no wedding, so maybe she's better left to the Day of Devotion seasonal.

Edited by Jotari

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 1:42 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Largo and Calill would be cool too, or groom Canas (since he's one of the married men whose wifes we don't see too, and cause he's too cool to not have any alt). Some Igrene/Astolfo angst would be nice, or Niime/Yodel as old bittering exes (though that'll never happen lol).

We also have a bunch of womanizers or women-that-want-to-get-married for them to put, those two categories used to be part of the banner too. I'm honestly surprised that they even decided to make a FE6 harem banner over bride Dorothea or groom Sylvain (and maybe bride Ingrid to make her remember the thing with her fiance). As I said some posts ago on the thread, I'd be crazy over bride Nótt too. There's a ridiculous amount of options on these two categories (we even have the Womanizers Club or something on the Forging Bonds!)

Also, I want characters that were "teased" to be in the banner somehow or that are "missing from sets" like Leanne (because she showed up on that paralogue with bridal Nailah and Rafiel, adding groom Naesala too would be neat), Takumi (since we got Oboro and Hinata but not him) and Hector (as I already said before, because Eliwood, Lyn and Lilina are all in). Also, since we have Fjorm, I'd actually kinda like some of the other freebies here (except for Seidr), though 90% of the reasons is to see Eir in a black dress or Reggin as a bride fighting inside her mecha.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:48 AM, Jotari said:

Coming to think of it, a wedding banner would be perfect way of getting Natalie in there. She's inexplicably on CYL, let's actually do something with her.

Hell yeah! I'm all for Natalie!

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Just saw the silhouettes. Left looks like Alfred from Engage (using a bow this time) and the right looks like Embla. (Honestly, this theme suits Embla the least, I'd say. She's all about isolating herself from bonds and, well, marriage is the opposite of that. So, it's a surprising pick to me. And no comments about "people think she's pretty so it's wish fulfillment." I'm not talking about that sort of factor for what triggered my surprise.) I wonder if this means we'll get Groom Askr, too. Not entirely sure how they'll theme this one character-picking-wise. Elm+Ash as a ring bearer and flower girl would be adorable.

Posted (edited)

GNwYVXlbMAAp8DP?format=png&name=900x900

It's definitely Embla. The... thing, behind her head is unmistakable. As for the other...

Hmm, doubt it's Alfred. The hair kinda doesn't match.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

IS's commitment to shafting Valentia on Special Heroes banners really is something to behold. I hope we're all prepared for Severance 2.0, now a unit who can receive a Mythic blessing.

Oh, and if that left silhouette happens to be Alcryst then my perpetually non-existent orb stash is doomed. I am (unsurprisingly) not at all prepared for the Bridal Lapis and/or Bridal Citrinne who would surely accompany a Groom Alcryst. 

The character on the right is clearly Embla.

The character on the left is clearly, um, male.

Ahh yeah, that's Alcryst. I was just looking at the caller (this spelling looks wrong but I'm tired) and it reminded me of the ruffles around Alfred's neck.

Embla might be moody enough for her presence on the bridal banner to be funny. 

Acryst is a worse choice. There are so many banners that fits him better. Both the bunny and the beach banner would be far more interesting options for him. His presence likely locks his retainers on the banner, and they deserve a more interesting banner as well.