The Last Promise

Crimson Red

What version did you promote him on? I tried on 1.1 and 1.2 and have failed miserably.

EDIT - WTF you trained Sai......how does he turn out cause he's like the only one I haven't botherred to try to train.

Edited by Blazing_Soul

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone else I've tried to promote is just fine......only Arthur is causing me any problems. I'll look around for a Version 1.0 ups and try that later today.

also used Lyam but unless his class power is adjusted he's forever doomed to the bench.

Lyam's actually a pretty cool filler character. His bases aren't fantastic, but they do suffice the entire game with his A in Swords and Bows. It's just his EXP gain is atrocious.

Possibly stupid question: do inventories of characters carry over from the prologue when they rejoin?

No, they don't. Corben rejoins with the Emblem Blade and Emblem Lance if you got them in Siegfried's story.

Possibly stupid question: do inventories of characters carry over from the prologue when they rejoin?

No, none of them keep inventories. The exception is the Emblem Lance and Emblem Sword, which comes with Corben when he rejoins if you got either one in the prologue. If not, I assumes he'll probably come with Iron or Steel equivalents.

My own question...has anyone noticed a change in the RNG in this game? I've been keeping track for awhile and I've never seen more 80%+ attacks miss and 30%- attacks hits before playing this hack. They rarely happen in a runthrough of normal FE7, but during this hack they happen all too often. Not that I mind, as it adds somethings, but I was wondering if the RNG was messed with for this hack or if my luck in battles in FE has changed.

Edited by Taku

Lyam's actually a pretty cool filler character. His bases aren't fantastic, but they do suffice the entire game with his A in Swords and Bows. It's just his EXP gain is atrocious.

Yeah by Class Power I meant the nightmare part.........because screw trying to use someone that only gets like 12 exp in the arena........

So what does everyone do with the Elysian Whip? Early promote Inanna? Ignore her and sell it? Boss-abuse? Or somehow naturally had her at level 20 by chapter 10?

Focus exp gain on her, use robe/draco/ring boosters and ch10 ether sphere AND promote her early.

Then Anakin mode is joined by Karina 2.0 aka Seth with a sex change on a HORSEBIRD.

Focus exp gain on her, use robe/draco/ring boosters and ch10 ether sphere AND promote her early.

Then Anakin mode is joined by Karina 2.0 aka Seth with a sex change on a HORSEBIRD.

Wait...what? I missed this. What is an ether sphere and where is it in the level?

Sorry for so many questions. I hate missing out on new content :(

There is no Ether Sphere in Chapter 10. That only happens in Hard Mode, which isn't even supposed to exist. You can get one normally later if you do a certain sidequest involving Emblem Weapons.

Alright sounds good, thanks.

Also a possible bug report. Chapter 13 freezes for me on turn 28 (when the mage reinforcements show up). Using VBA 1.8.0-beta 3 and the most recent patch.

I still have absolutely no idea what's up with Lyam -_- I'm going to do some tests on him later for v1.3

Inanna -can- be promoted early, it's been done plenty of times. Just use her a lot. :|

Hard mode isn't supposed to exist, and it's not really harder than normal mode, so don't get your hopes up thinking you beat hard mode. hell, it's probably easier than normal mode, since it's probably glithcy and shit <_> (again, I'll try to block this from being played, even WITH a savestate, at some point, but there's only so much I can do)

As for the Chapter 13B glitch I'll look at that again though I was pretty confident I fixed it (it was just a matter of the unit data not being ended properly, and so the game tried to load probably like 30 more units than it should have, most of which weren't actual units but just garbage data interpreted as unit data, thus breaking the game).

Like most games based off of the Fire Emblem engine, whether or not you obtain level-ups are decided on the output of a random number generator, causing some amount of luck involved in the improvement of any playable unit's abilities. I would attribute your character's abilities to this, to some extent. All I can say is that he has the potential to be good just as he has the potential to be bad, like most units.

The Player Phase theme in Chapter 14 is either the Field theme from a Ys game (I think Dawn of Ys, I can't remember for sure) or... well, that's probably it, the only other theme it might be is First Step Towards War, I think. :|

i feel pretty bad, for someone who's beaten the stupidly/badly designed Gheb Emblem and Currupt Theocrazy, i can not beat chapter 26, mostly due to reinforcements, several top tier characters geting stat screwed, and not knowing the boss moved from his castle.

any suggestions? along side Shon(who i failed to get the upgraded version of his PRF weapon), Kelik(who turned out great but failed to gain anything good for 7 level ups), and Anakin(low attack), i got Corben, Tekun, Cia, Ace, Rex, Kevin, Tamiko, Rana, Emma, Lyam, Alice, Howard.

not sure how the allied reinforcements work but i did get Alice's to activate.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I believe reinforcements work for Alice, Haas, and Leopold. Anyone else I'm unsure of.

Anyway, use Gary to bait the boss. Because Gary is awesome. He has 26 Attack Speed, IIRC, so anyone with 23+ Attack Speed should attack him. I used Gary, Alice, and Inanna to defeat him.

Leviathan is a good weapon to use for the fight.

I believe reinforcements work for Alice, Haas, and Leopold. Anyone else I'm unsure of.

Anyway, use Gary to bait the boss. Because Gary is awesome. He has 26 Attack Speed, IIRC, so anyone with 23+ Attack Speed should attack him. I used Gary, Alice, and Inanna to defeat him.

Leviathan is a good weapon to use for the fight.

i felt terrible when a generic NPC took out the leviathan wielder.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai