The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Sorry.

But hell, no problems so far.

And Ether Sphere in ch10 is yummy.

ETHER SPHERE ON CIA!

note to self:

punish people for trying to glitch my game just use cheat codes, they help you more and make me cringe less; if not, I might leave a little surprise for you... >:)

@izanagi I don't understand what you said nor is that necessarily what he did so I'm going to need him to just tell me straight-up, I think, there's too much potential for guessing around in this case

@Emma I enjoy non-conformist unit types once in a while

note that I occasionally altered class caps to accommodate some of those units ever so slightly (but while trying to avoid making them too OP... I'm sure someone will say I did a bad job, but I'm not Ash Pleasem so I can't please'm all XD) hint: speed cap is 27 instead of 25 now

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Jubby

I am sorry that my trains come from the middle of nowhere and lead straight back

@Kelik

mine wasn't that broken

he only ever caps speed for me

but he's still broken yeah

all the main characters are amazing because if they lead the army they better carry their weight or else turn into generics

(and Shon isn't a main character but even he can end up broken if you get RNG blessed >_>)

well Jubby

I am sorry that my trains come from the middle of nowhere and lead straight back

<3

I actually saw a train go by at a crossing today and then about, halfway through, reversed and went backwards :3

I think I'm the only one with a bad Kelik :/

Didn't cap speed in either tier (Sat at 25 at Lv.20, second tier), about as durable as LamerJarkKin's at 20/20, and I don't think he even got past 20 strength.

Yeah, ended up restarting because of him :<

The only type of cheating that I did, if it really counts, was savestates.

Yeeeeeaaaah, that probably isn't the case, but it still has potential to glitch out a totally vanilla rom. On my last playthrough of FE8, I used Savestates way too often. Eventually the .SAV got corrupted, and I couldn't erase, change, copy or start new saveslots - saving over existing slots was also another problem. That being said, it was on a plain simple FE8 rom. But with this ROM being a hack and all, I see no reason as to why it wouldn't glitch it out further!

I think this might solve your problem though. Although don't quote me on it, I'm not even up to Ch22 yet!

he might have left the heaven seal on anakin. on chapter 22? ( idk, its the blaine chapter ) anakin's second item glitches and becomes identical to his equipped item. it might have just became another light tome

@Richter yeah I used more or less a full team and I give you people like

Shadow, Rana, Gary, and Frederick

in case you need to fill in a spot or two later in the game

the thing is once units cap level they can't really get any stronger and if you keep a small team they might cap by chapter 25 o_o

whereas if you keep a relatively large team the game might be a little harder early on since your guys are slightly weaker but in the end experience will be better distributed and you'll have more people being high-leveled late-game

...uh...

that was poorly explained...

but as an example

12 strong units > 8 super-strong units

since late-game those super-strong units won't get any stronger and the 12 strong units will catch up, meaning that you'll then have

12 super-strong units > 8 super-strong units

essentially meaning that by using less units you're handicapping yourself

which in a normal FE game might not matter because you can just have one unit tank all the enemies, but in TLP the enemies are a bit tougher so you want to have as many powerful units as you can have because at some point you can't increase quality to make up for quantity

OMG

I think I came up with a short version

tl;dr:

- to succeed you want a balance between quantity and quality

EDIT: @KoT yeah I forgot about him my bad minorcharactersftl

I wish you made Liquid better.

Also, Gary is so badass, nothing really stops his rapetrain.

>.<

Someone told me I needed him to beat the game, so I started over.

Well they're wrong haha

you might get a slightly worse ending or you might have to keep him at the back of the army

but I don't even do much of the "ambush reinforcements from behind" so even if he's just dead-weight, you can still beat the game ._. also I'd like to see a screenshot of this fucked up Kelik XD

On a seperate note.

Fuck ch25 in the ass.

I wanna get all the treasure, but keep getting forced to reset due to someone dying to one of the following.

Siege TOmes.

Snipers.

Fimbulvetr Sage

THings with 32+ attack.

Oh well, now I see why I should have bought alot of healing staves...........

OH WELL.

Ok, Levion has 19 spd at lvl 18, is this right?

Edited by The Gentleman

On a seperate note.

Fuck ch25 in the ass.

I wanna get all the treasure, but keep getting forced to reset due to someone dying to one of the following.

Siege TOmes.

Snipers.

Fimbulvetr Sage

THings with 32+ attack.

THIS! THIS! Chapter 25 was the hardest chapter for me and i only got 4 of 7 Treasures on my first playthrough... (One of them being achieved from killing the thief).

I really wish Anakin didn't auto-promote so early. I actually used him consistently in both combat and Motivating, and he was only level14. I like to promote units at Level 20. >:

Either make him promote later or give him the Heaven Seal to keep until he promotes. My Shon was Level 20 for Chrissakes.

Also, my Shon is ridiculously good. I don't know why.

THIS! THIS! Chapter 25 was the hardest chapter for me and i only got 4 of 7 Treasures on my first playthrough... (One of them being achieved from killing the thief).

I missed the 10,000 gold chest.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

just wanna say, this is the first romhack i've (seriously) played in a few years, and it's set the bar pretty well! in comparo to the original FE titles, it reallyt gets you thinking on strategy. then again, i dunno if that's the whole premise behind romhacks, so excuse me if i'm making a dick of myself.

I'm currently on C24, and I figured I'd do a team assessment. These are the units I currently have deployed.

[spoiler=because apparently posting character stats is a spoiler]

TheLastPromise_01_zpsdbb8969e.png

ANAKIN: Anakin promoted at L14, so I feel like he's a little behind. Nonetheless his utility as the refresher has been awesome. He got an early Energy Ring and the most recent Angelic Robe to keep up.

TheLastPromise_02_zps9e0dd8d1.png

SIEGFRIED: Well, it's known that he's awesome beyond belief. He and Shon are incredibly fast for some reason. Like, ridiculous speed stats. Nonetheless Nothung has helped in the magic-heavy chapters. He OHKOes a majority of mages.

TheLastPromise_03_zpscc69c87f.png

SHON: I want to see his averages, because I think my Shon is way above it. He's incredibly fast, incredibly useful, and gained a lot of levels in Siegfried's mode. He promoted with the C20 Heaven Seal. He carried the Emblem Lance for the longest time because he ORKOed a majority of enemies. He also doubles forever.

TheLastPromise_04_zpsdd3f9492.png

KELIK: Kelik just promoted in 23x, and he's not as useful as Shon, Sieg, or Anakin. Then again, he lacks the utility they bring. I probably should've conserved the Flamberge. He falls short of a lot of ORKOs, unfortunately.

TheLastPromise_05_zps6ae6140f.png

INANNA: The second best flyer in the game, Inanna is awesome. She got an Angelic Robe for her HP, and possibly a defense booster. She's incredible. She promoted in C20 with the second Elysian Whip (I sold the Sieg Mode one because she was nowhere near ready) and has been wrecking face. Not as good as Karina, but a great second Flyer. She also dodgetanks like crazy.

TheLastPromise_06_zps369dd58a.png

KARINA: One of the Top Five best units in the game. Karina dominates earlygame with the Axereaver, her speed is amazing, and she uses like every weapon extremely well. She got an Energy Ring to help her ORKO more enemies. She got the Boots early on to fly around and kill everything. She was the second unit to promote in my team.

TheLastPromise_07_zps4aeb54c1.png

EMMA: Holy shit. Emma is also in the Top Five best units in the game, for sure. She's tanky and dodges everything, and with the boosted staff EXP promoting her isn't a pain. She can insta-promote (I didn't) or take more levels and destroy shit. I prefer Emma over Tamiko, especially with her horse utility and better Magic.

TheLastPromise_08_zps7ba7b766.png

HOWARD: Howard is my favorite character, and also in my opinion Top Five. He joins late, but his contributions to the team have been exponential. He's had every bosskill since he joined, and has been one of my main fighters. TEAM HOWARD.

TheLastPromise_09_zps8c34d850.png

RISK: Risk is a new addition, but he's been useful thus far. His bases are bitchin'.

TheLastPromise_10_zps960f5881.png

LYAM: The best bow user in the game, for sure. He's mounted and has 1-2 Range. He has some accuracy problems sometimes, which most of my units have, unfortunately. Nonetheless, Lyam is a great unit.

TheLastPromise_11_zpsa405390c.png

ASCH: Asch trivializes earlygame because of his incredible stats, access to the best axes early on (he reached S Axes within a few chapters), and he has spectacular growths. A little on the slower side, and he doesn't double as often, but his usefulness is still obvious.

TheLastPromise_12_zpsbf9d7d83.png

TAMIKO: Tamiko was the first unit of mine to promote; she reached L19 in Sieg Mode. She's nowhere near as good as Emma, but she holds her own. She's the primary healer because Emma also sees a lot of combat. For healing, she rocks.

TheLastPromise_13_zpsdf2aaadb.png

MARK: Mark promoted in 23x, and got a Speedwing. His speed is very good for an axe user, and I mostly gave him the wings to guarantee his doubling.

TheLastPromise_14_zps6852832e.png

ITSUKE: I prefer Itsuke over Cia because of his better base Skill and the fact that he doubles forever. He fell behind later on, and only promoted in 23x, but he's a good extra Anima user.

TheLastPromise_15_zpsb0b6b270.png

ALICE: Obviously new to the team, but I like Alice so far. She's not as good as Inanna or Karina, but she's the third best flyer in the game.

Edited by Maggie the Cat