The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chapter 17x, Oh shit i gotta fight what looks like to be a tough boss.

Then i realise he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a decent speed character and laughed my ass off.

speaking of, is tekkun suppost to have below 13 speed at level 12?

Speaking of, Elibian Nights has a trope page, i wonder why this doesn't

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Man I've been busy... Anyway, is the Dragon supposed to give anything? My Shon soloed him at level 17(4x the Dragon, killed him in two engagements) and didn't get any exp nor anything. The Dragon just died and... Next Chapter.

chapter 17x, Oh shit i gotta fight what looks like to be a tough boss.

Then i realise he can't hit the broad side of a barn with a decent speed character and laughed my ass off.

speaking of, is tekkun suppost to have below 13 speed at level 12?

Speaking of, Elibian Nights has a trope page, i wonder why this doesn't

Yeah, aside from the whole 'Pierce enemy defenses' thing, Zoro really can't touch you if you lure him on a forest or just have high speed in general(he had like 35 hit on my 15/0 Kelik before forest bonuses FFS.) He was actually more threatening in the original Tactics Universe patch, when the Oni Giri had 65 hit and 10 crit. While his hit still sucked then, at least it was higher(he also had 5 less skill for some reason. But w/e. He's not as threatening here as One Piece would suggest.) Though, to be fair, the Oni Giri is a brutally overpowered weapon due to its defense piercing properties, but the hit rate meant to balance it ironically makes Zoro a joke(again, this is not a good measurement on what he's capable of in the actual manga).

As for your Tekun, he's definitely RNG screwed. Ideally, he should have 14 spd at 12/0.

And about the tropes page, I guess you could make one. Or you could ask Blazer, assuming he's a troper. But the real reason why it doesn't have a page when other fan hacks have, is because I have absolutely no fucking idea.

Man I've been busy... Anyway, is the Dragon supposed to give anything? My Shon soloed him at level 17(4x the Dragon, killed him in two engagements) and didn't get any exp nor anything. The Dragon just died and... Next Chapter.

Other than shit relating to the story, no. Though, you would expect something good out of it, like maybe another Ether Sphere or perhaps something else that's good.

Edited by Mercenary James

@Bananas oh I didnt know that but now that you mention it I know why, thanks for the report and sorry that it happened

@Shugey it's alright I just can't tell if you're trying to troll or not so if you're honestly just trying to hate a opinion please make it easier to tell do I don't think you're being a dick orange you don't think I'm being a dick

@dondon that's interesting... Well I'll fix it somehow

@Ryan I honestly have no idea how to fix that -_- it really bugs me too... I might have to do more research on why they don't show up. I essentially remade the sound room from scratch but I didn't see anything that really controls how songs are unlocked minus an ASM pointer which is set to the NULL so something else must be going on for the songs not to show ._.

@Dragon there's actually more to that than it seems (I should be using spoiler tags but I'm on my phone browsing forums on a whim again) but due to lack of supports it probably seems pointless right now XP

Bla Bla other stuff

No no don't go giving people ideas I don't want a trope page or whatever that could only go badly lol

Also BrainFreeze scares me

K I actually wont be back until v1.2 or the LP finishes if either of them ever finish at all

So the Dragon is just a stage to get Supports up? That makes sense. Too bad he gave no exp though, seems like there's no point in risking anyone(since the Dragon hits 100% of the time for 35 damage) since Shon with Silvans can beat him in two encounters with just one Psyhic Heal.

That boss in the stage right before the Dragon though was pretty tough though, I liked it. No Shon there made it hurt and I was on the clock, it took me 4 turns of beating to kill him since he kept dodging everything and smacking so hard.

Edited by Fanfaire

I found a cool way to do a little abuse which can help ease the game alot, if you're into that.

- After completing chapter 22, the 2nd item in Anakin's inventory will be duplicated (the first item will be replaced by it). Use this to duplicate Silvans.

- Siegfried can also wield Silvans.

- After chapter 24, skip the dialog, and Siegfried will remain alive.

- If you use all energy rings on the game on Siegfried, it's possible to have him max strength (30).

- Enjoy watching Siegfried (with amazing 30+3 str) and his son destroy every enemy through the rest of the game with their Silvans.

- Use the Ether Sphere on either one of them for even more awesomeness.

Edited by Midleiro F.

You want a game-breaking glitch? in v1.0 the secret shop in 23x sells ether spheres for free. i bought 30, just imagine the devastation. i actually had to savestate back to before that just so i didn't break the game, but dang it was fun while it lasted.

The patch with supports is planned to be v2.0

The patch that just came out is v1.2 yes I hacked all-night again

http://www.thelastpromise.net (download link on the first page or to the right of the blog)

Also the game-breaking glitches have been fixed can't guarantee a new one didn't pop-up

And I have no idea how you guys find these things note to self: don't add in secret shops for beta-testing purposes... though that was so long ago and I've improved as a hacker so I'll probably never have the need to do so again

Anyway I'm just glad the main issues are fixed and now it's just working out the small ones

@Fanfaire the game fixes a lot of other issues besides the chapter 7x issue; patching is strongly recommended

Also since people are insistent on trying to break the game by loading savestates they shouldn't beI'm going to break mode selection and various other aspects for the next patch so enjoy trying to break the game while you can XP

Well, Emma has that staff to light places up and if you got Shon to 20 before his promotion he can kill nearly anything in one double attack with Silvans and since he usually does 4x everything... Yeah. The stage when you lose him was a pain though since you're timed to beat it if you wanna fight the dragon.

I'll patch after I beat the game, I only have a few more stages. I keep switching out a few of my characters so not all of my team is 20.

Good job with Gary though, glad that a guy that joins so late isn't a weakling and murders face.

Edit: I have an issue with Rachel. The turn she shows up she's instantly killed by a Hero and a Sniper. She seems really weak and defenseless for a late join to die to easily and it doesn't help that she's so far off when she appears surrounded by enemies.

Edited by Fanfaire