The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, should is the "upgraded" silvans only have more might and weight than the other?

I've gotten both and I think I might like the "weaker" version better due to less weight.

Well, use the Ether Core on Shon than. He should be 4 anything but bosses with the Upgraded Silvans even without it if you got him to 20 before his story promotion.

Edit: I have an issue with Rachel. The turn she shows up she's instantly killed by a Hero and a Sniper. She seems really weak and defenseless for a late join to die to easily and it doesn't help that she's so far off when she appears surrounded by enemies.

You can actually circumvent the whole 'stalker' thing that would otherwise impede your progress in this chapter, and doing so lets you reach those recruitable units no problem. Just engage/defeat (not sure) the 3-4 ranged attackers in the top center by matching them with your own through the walls.

Ddit: I have an issue with Rachel. The turn she shows up she's instantly killed by a Hero and a Sniper. She seems really weak and defenseless for a late join to die to easily and it doesn't help that she's so far off when she appears surrounded by enemies.

See, there is a very easy and simple solution to this. Don't suck.

Edit: Though, I agree that Rachel is a worthless piece of shit. Bow units have it terribly in this game in general, though. Literally the only dedicated bow user (including nomads and ranger) that isn't awful is Haas.

Edited by Hikarasuman

That was uncalled for.

I managed to reload and had Shon with Silvans run ahead at the start just kill everything since only the boss can hurt him. By the time they appeared everyone in the room they appear in was already killed by Shon.

I tried playing this. There were no errors with the patch, I'm sure I was using a clean ROM, but in the first cutscene, the game glitched. When I skipped it and went straight to the prologue map, all of the characters had broken mugs and chibis, no units had any names, and when Siegfried levelled up the game hung.

Edit: Though, I agree that Rachel is a worthless piece of shit. Bow units have it terribly in this game in general, though. Literally the only dedicated bow user (including nomads and ranger) that isn't awful is Haas.

Lyam, Gary, Maybe Zach/Storm(With Sieg mode?)

Zach is decent though, and Lyam is bro.

That was uncalled for.

I managed to reload and had Shon with Silvans run ahead at the start just kill everything since only the boss can hurt him. By the time they appeared everyone in the room they appear in was already killed by Shon.

You reap what you sow.

I tried playing this. There were no errors with the patch, I'm sure I was using a clean ROM, but in the first cutscene, the game glitched. When I skipped it and went straight to the prologue map, all of the characters had broken mugs and chibis, no units had any names, and when Siegfried levelled up the game hung.

I have the same problem. Tried both XDelta and NUPS methods, tried getting VBA 1.8.0 beta 3, none worked.

While that was totally uncalled for, Hika does have a point. If you can rush your units over to where Rachel and Frederick are and kill everything in the vicinity before turn 10, they are pretty easy to recruit(Don't worry about the boss; he's fairly predictable in where he warps. Just make sure he has nobody he can ORKO in his range.)

And as for that second comment, what are you smoking? Haas is mediocre in Anakin's mode, since his 15 speed is no longer special and his growths, to be blunt, suck(Haas's growths are all 25 or under except HP, str, and lck; while the brave bow can help, that only takes you so far.) I'd say that a trained Storm is better due to having all of 7 potential maps to get high leveled enough to promote in Anakin's mode, and that's not getting to Zach(who is decent)and Lyam(who is kind of like a Seth that joins 7 maps in), who show up far earlier than the nomads and actually help out in the wyvern heavy map known as Chapter 20. And to further illustrate my point, Lyam has around the same offensive bases as Haas, but has overall better growth rates in everything except HP(they tie str, luck, and res growths, otherwise, Lyam has better growths.) Though, like I said in my unit review, Lyam has issues gaining exp since even promoted dudes that have a SIGNIFICANT level lead on him give him like 10 exp. Blazer should totally fix his exp gain issues so that he gains exp at the same pace as other promoted units.

I will agree on one thing, though: Rachel is absolutely fucking horrible. Words cannot even BEGIN to describe how awful Rachel is. In fact, I'd say that the only character that may be worse than her is Sai, and even HE can become good with training since his averages are pretty good. Rachel is beyond hope as her bases are god awful for both endgame and her level and her growths are not enough to get her out of the pit of despair.

Blazer really needs to increase her bases stats to make her a little more viable.

Edited by Mercenary James

Lyam, Gary, Maybe Zach/Storm(With Sieg mode?)

Zach is decent though, and Lyam is bro.

You reap what you sow.

You need to watch your tongue, I did nothing here to deserve that comment. You really don't want to start a fight with me just because you have a grudge.

Edited by Fanfaire

That's a shame, there are only like 2 Boots I believe. I used them o the Thief since I thought the Chapter was timed and all had to reach the exit.

you need to stop taking every post so seriously, calm your tits, and take things with a grain of salt

seriously, it's getting annoying seeing you complain about everyone posting something and you getting SUPER OFFENDED

What? You don't like that I don't approve of others picking fights with me for no reason? I'm not like you, I don't let jerks walk all over me. If they have an issue they better take it up with me instead of leaving snarky comments directed towards me in multiple topics. Or they could even be mature and shut their mouths and leave me alone instead of hounding after me.

So yeah, I get offended when a jerk follows me around and personally calls me out when the conversation had nothing to do with him not was he wanted in it. It's only right that I let him know that if he continues he will not like the end result because I don't pull my punches when it comes to jerks.

Edited by Fanfaire

There were so many jerks in that post that I'm surprised nobody's gotten off yet. :B

Calm yer tits, bro. Nobody gives a fuck what happens on the net. It's a fucking block of text. It's not going to hurt you. You can poke it with a fucking stick, and it won't fucking move. Calm the fuck down.

There were so many jerks in that post that I'm surprised nobody's gotten off yet. :B

Calm yer tits, bro. Nobody gives a fuck what happens on the net. It's a fucking block of text. It's not going to hurt you. You can poke it with a fucking stick, and it won't fucking move. Calm the fuck down.

There were so many fucks in that post that I'm surprised nobody's gotten off yet. :B

But yeah, p much ^

It's the internet, like, if you don't like it go find a hobby or something.

I got around to finishing this hack. I thought this hack was pretty good. Had nice gameplay, The storyline was quite decent and it got better around endgame.

I ended up forgetting the Emblem lance so i didn't go to Ch. 23xx (No Ether Sphere for me). I didn't really do any sidequest... I even Let Rachel get killed since i felt that the experience was a bit incomplete since i missed those things. I plan to do another Runthrough of this with all sidequests, recruitment and the like. Maybe get all the Treasure (Ch. 25 was a bit difficult to get all the Treasure and meet the turn limit for Ch. 25x). I actually found Ch. 25 to be the hardest. (Ch. 26 is not that difficult as long as your careful and take advantage of torches and torch staves. Ch. 27 was easy once Galagar stays at the throne (I exploited this easily by going to the treasure room and having one of the enemies in the other side attack me. Final Pt. 1 wasn't bad (I blocked off all the staircase tiles in the central room since i was paranoid). Final Pt. 2 was easy as long Leon Didn't crit Kelik). Final Pt. 3 is not that bad if you have Durable and Powerful Units nearby and Healers too. Iron Rune helps too). Overall, it was a pretty nice hack. You did quite a good job.

Unit Analysis:

- Anakin had a bit of a shaky start combat wise but he eventually caught up.

- Kelik was quite broken throughout the entire game. Tanked a lot of tough units and Dealt with most of the endgame bosses Single-Handedly.

- Inanna started off as a bit weak but she eventually became a wrecking machine. Would use again

- Ace was falling behind near the end. I managed to get him up to snuff right before Final.

- Asch was a godsend for Earlygame. He fell behind a bit lategame but he still contributed to the team.

- Kevin was awesome. His High Speed, Defense and Strength made him quite dependable. Saved me from so many headaches...

- I managed to Get Tamiko to Lv. 20 in Siegfried Mode. She made for a great staff user in Anakin/Kelik's Mode.

- Cia had such good Speed and Magic. She got rid of major threats but had trouble with that in late game since her skill was a bit lacking.

- Levion is a good backup Paladin. Nuff said

- I used Rana since i like Dark Magic. He turned out to be quite useful. With both healing and attacking (Solstice did wonders)

- Gary saved me so many headaches in lategame. Got rid of any threatening enemies and Dodged well. Great Backup Axe User and Bow User.

- I just took Frederick along for some backup. Didn't really do much.

- Karina had a good start but her low speed didn't make her all worthwhile in the end.

- Shon was a bit hard to use. Once you get Silvans though, he did quite great.

- Howard makes another good Backup Paladin. Not as good as Levion though

- Mark sucked. I had the patience to use him up to Ch. 26 but he was just too bad for me to use him beyond that.

- Lyam made a good Backup Bow user. Gary becomes his replacement once he comes by though...

Unit    	Class          	Level  HP ST SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks
Anakin  	Noble          	20.00  45 21 27 27 30 16 23 S Light D Staves
Kelik   	Legend     		20.00  56 27 28 30 25 21 13 S Swords
Inanna  	Falcoknight    	20.00  49 24 25 29 20 12 20 S Lances E Swords
Ace 		Halberdier 		17.23  59 24 16 26 16 17 16 S Lances
Asch    	Hero       		18.01  57 25 25 20 25 18 07 D Swords S Axes
Kevin   	General        	20.00  60 29 26 25 11 30 08 S Lances D Axes
Tamiko  	Bishop     		20.00  43 20 25 19 16 13 22 C Light S Staves
Cia 		Sage       		20.00  39 26 22 26 23 12 14 S Anima D Staves
Levion  	Paladin        	16.71  56 20 24 16 13 22 12 A Swords A Axes C Lances
Rana    	Druid          	19.93  45 25 22 20 23 18 22 S Dark E Staves
Gary    	Warrior        	20.00  59 30 26 25 30 17 14 A Axes A Bows
Frederick   General        	18.87  57 24 22 18 08 30 20 S Axes S Lances
Karina  	Wyvern Lord    	03.94  46 16 19 14 17 16 11 A Lances E Swords
Shon    	Arch Knight    	16.39  49 19 21 26 21 15 08 S Swords D Lances
Howard  	Paladin        	06.50  40 18 13 20 10 15 11 A Swords A Axes B Lances
Mark    	Berserker      	02.55  47 18 17 13 11 10 05 A Axes
Lyam    	Ranger     		06.68  43 18 16 17 12 14 10 A Swords A Bows

In general it looks like you were a little lacking in the experience department as you didn't have as many strong/leveled-up units as I'd imagine. Gary is in fact supposed to help quite a bit as he can really wreck a lot of things in case you've fallen behind for some reason.

Mark is actually VERY good on average (or at least, that's what his growths, base stats, joining time, etc. suggest), especially since he's the only Berserker, so I'm guessing you got RNG screwed or something.

I got little else to say about that, hopefully you didn't encounter -too- many bugs... do be sure to keep updating to the latest versions of the game as to limit the # of problems you may encounter.

In general it looks like you were a little lacking in the experience department as you didn't have as many strong/leveled-up units as I'd imagine. Gary is in fact supposed to help quite a bit as he can really wreck a lot of things in case you've fallen behind for some reason.

Mark is actually VERY good on average (or at least, that's what his growths, base stats, joining time, etc. suggest), especially since he's the only Berserker, so I'm guessing you got RNG screwed or something.

I got little else to say about that, hopefully you didn't encounter -too- many bugs... do be sure to keep updating to the latest versions of the game as to limit the # of problems you may encounter.

I always did tend to use small teams in FE games as of late. I may use more units next playthrough.

I wouldn't rule it out. I did suspect that quite a few units of mine got RNG Screwed.

Yep. I'll keep that in mind...

Edited by Richter Abend