Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Richter yeah I used more or less a full team and I give you people like

Shadow, Rana, Gary, and Frederick

in case you need to fill in a spot or two later in the game

the thing is once units cap level they can't really get any stronger and if you keep a small team they might cap by chapter 25 o_o

whereas if you keep a relatively large team the game might be a little harder early on since your guys are slightly weaker but in the end experience will be better distributed and you'll have more people being high-leveled late-game

...uh...

that was poorly explained...

but as an example

12 strong units > 8 super-strong units

since late-game those super-strong units won't get any stronger and the 12 strong units will catch up, meaning that you'll then have

12 super-strong units > 8 super-strong units

essentially meaning that by using less units you're handicapping yourself

which in a normal FE game might not matter because you can just have one unit tank all the enemies, but in TLP the enemies are a bit tougher so you want to have as many powerful units as you can have because at some point you can't increase quality to make up for quantity

OMG

I think I came up with a short version

tl;dr:

- to succeed you want a balance between quantity and quality

EDIT: @KoT yeah I forgot about him my bad minorcharactersftl

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

@Richter yeah I used more or less a full team and I give you people like

Shadow, Rana, Gary, and Frederick

in case you need to fill in a spot or two later in the game

the thing is once units cap level they can't really get any stronger and if you keep a small team they might cap by chapter 25 o_o

whereas if you keep a relatively large team the game might be a little harder early on since your guys are slightly weaker but in the end experience will be better distributed and you'll have more people being high-leveled late-game

...uh...

that was poorly explained...

but as an example

12 strong units > 8 super-strong units

since late-game those super-strong units won't get any stronger and the 12 strong units will catch up, meaning that you'll then have

12 super-strong units > 8 super-strong units

essentially meaning that by using less units you're handicapping yourself

which in a normal FE game might not matter because you can just have one unit tank all the enemies, but in TLP the enemies are a bit tougher so you want to have as many powerful units as you can have because at some point you can't increase quality to make up for quantity

OMG

I think I came up with a short version

tl;dr:

- to succeed you want a balance between quantity and quality

EDIT: @KoT yeah I forgot about him my bad minorcharactersftl

I realized this after going through these chapters myself. laugh.gif

Like i said, i think my second playthrough will go a bit smoother. I'll definitely use a few more units in my team.

wow thats a godly shon. my shon at level 1 had 10 strength. 10!i'm so sad. and alot of my characters got RNG screwed. corben, ace, howard ( he might just have shitty growths though ) cia, karina ( this one makes me the saddest, 13 str and spd, she's useless past chapter 18 ) all my peg knights ( tried them all ) mark, and tempest. i'm left with a handful of units that are worth a damn. i'm just gonna start over. blazer, would you mind posting a secret shop list?

I'm on ch.19x and I'm close to the end of surviving the 12 turns and Tekun(I used him in TU and he was great and now he isn't as great anymore) died by three low accuracy's. He got killed by two mages and a Shaman ganging up on him and he was thought he was too manly and took the three blows and got himself killed by those low accuracy's. Is my luck that bad or is he not a good fighter? Should I continue on without him?

Shon seems to be okay for me. Started soft around the edges, but I'm at chapter 7 or 8 and he seems fine.

corben.png

Corben, on the other hand, seems pretty damn good. Although it's gotten to the point where I'm having trouble not one-rounding guys to feed to Cia.

Having problems raising the pegs, since the Wyverns are just toooo good.

or should I stop?

Also, Sai is shitty, I hope he gets fixed next patch along with Liquid.

DOn't nerf the axemen!

Mark's got fe6 Geese's growths anyways and does alright.

Also, question.

In the final chapter of Sieg mode on HM, I keep getting an ether sphere.

Is this intended or just a quirk?

Tekun's growths are crazy, in truth. He just takes FOREVER to get rolling due to bases.

Thats what I thought. Guess I'll restart. I never savestated and was near the end of the chapter, so I'll take a day or two off. Love this hack!

Having problems raising the pegs, since the Wyverns are just toooo good.

or should I stop?

Also, Sai is shitty, I hope he gets fixed next patch along with Liquid.

DOn't nerf the axemen!

Mark's got fe6 Geese's growths anyways and does alright.

Also, question.

There is no Hard Mode. As Blazer has explained before, there are naturally going to be bugs if you attempt to play something that wasn't intended to exist.

The pegs are... mediocre compared to the wyverns, yes. That much is the usual. They're not bad if used as a set, though. xP

Also, question.

There is no Hard Mode. As Blazer has explained before, there are naturally going to be bugs if you attempt to play something that wasn't intended to exist.

OMG

you saved me

after being asked why Hard Mode is glitchy even though it's not even supposed to exist AGAIN I might have accidentally raged which would have been mean and unfair

also guys remember that there is this thing called a Random Number Generator and the game uses this in determining what stats you get when you level-up etc. so the game is in fact luck-based and personal experience only means so much because there is so much room for deviation--I, at least, can assure you that Tekun and Shon are very viable units, and TBH most units in the game are, though certain units definitely take more or less effort than others to become strong additions to your team :|

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

When exactly did it disappear? I blame you, just promote Shon right away, his sword is broken enough as it is XD

No one's really encountered this glitch before so it's either something you did with emulating or cheat codes or something or just some rare circumstances that I didn't account for or something--I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's -probably- my fault but unless I get a little more info, I can't say much more. Sorry!

So finally got off my rear and started a 2nd playthrough, just got to Chapter 19x and one character amuses me. That'd be Emma. That woman CONFOUNDS me. As I'm sure as has been said, it feels her stats are completely and utterly bonkers, with TEN base defense and 6(or was it seven?)base magic. I just got her to 20/1 and she has I think either 16 or maybe a little more defense. Also her magic growth seems to be nonexistant, like Anakin for me(he RARELY gets magic dear god). She capped speed too, which makes me realize something. She feels kinda like Priscilla if she lost skill, and traded magic for freaking defense. I really don't know what to think about her.

She's quite strange, yeah. Her skill, luck, and to a lesser extent magic are on the low side, but her durability is really up there for a staffbot, to the point where she can fearlessly join the front lines. It's pretty cool. More often than not she turns out better than Tamiko, though I think both are mainstays. Heck, most of the magicians are.

Anakin's magic growth is somewhat hit-or-miss, but it's not nonexistent. I've come to the conclusion he'll cap speed and luck a vast majority of the time, so at least there's that even if he turns out weak.

OMG

you saved me

after being asked why Hard Mode is glitchy even though it's not even supposed to exist AGAIN I might have accidentally raged which would have been mean and unfair

also guys remember that there is this thing called a Random Number Generator and the game uses this in determining what stats you get when you level-up etc. so the game is in fact luck-based and personal experience only means so much because there is so much room for deviation--I, at least, can assure you that Tekun and Shon are very viable units, and TBH most units in the game are, though certain units definitely take more or less effort than others to become strong additions to your team :|

Sorry.

But hell, no problems so far.

And Ether Sphere in ch10 is yummy.

ETHER SPHERE ON CIA!