The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts on the characters being discussed:

Corben ultimately sucked for me, because she was way behind in strength for the better part of the game. I also have a hard time accepting that "she" is really a he. I found that Eduardo is better in almost every way, he caps strength very early and he's an excellent tank throughout the entire game, only lacks in def, but hp makes up for it.

I'm on my 2nd run now, first one I picked Logan, and now so far Asch hasn't had great growths. I had one level where he just gained 1 pt in luck and another where he gaind 2 luck 1 skill and 1 hp. At least he has S in axes already smile.gif<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

My Karina was awesome the first time, now she kind of sucks, mostly because of low str.

I have found Itsuke to be slightly better than Cia in both runs, except he may lag behind in speed in the beginning but once he catches up he's better imo. It's really easy to train him and I usually promote both at around the same time.

Yes Logan has the same stat caps as Tekun. This is how he turned out on my first run: (angelic robe and str ring used)

b3wr55.png

Some thoughts on the characters being discussed:

Corben ultimately sucked for me, because she was way behind in strength for the better part of the game. I also have a hard time accepting that "she" is really a he. I found that Eduardo is better in almost every way, he caps strength very early and he's an excellent tank throughout the entire game, only lacks in def, but hp makes up for it.

I'm on my 2nd run now, first one I picked Logan, and now so far Asch hasn't had great growths. I had one level where he just gained 1 pt in luck and another where he gaind 2 luck 1 skill and 1 hp. At least he has S in axes already smile.gif<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

My Karina was awesome the first time, now she kind of sucks, mostly because of low str.

I have found Itsuke to be slightly better than Cia in both runs, except he may lag behind in speed in the beginning but once he catches up he's better imo. It's really easy to train him and I usually promote both at around the same time.

Yes Logan has the same stat caps as Tekun. This is how he turned out on my first run: (angelic robe and str ring used)

b3wr55.png

What the...Wha...WHAAAAAT?!!? That annoying blonde haired pretty boy turned out GOOD?! My god.

Strange, my Corben and Logan were very much cursed when I tried using them. Corben has not gained speed for like 5 levels, I had to drop him since he was starting to get doubled up by faster units.

My Shon turned out pretty well, he wasn't an hindrance when I did use him. Than he hit 20 and I had to bench him since he wasn't going to get his promotion for another few Chapters. That and Kelik just hit 20 and I kinda liked him more so he got promoted before Shon. It paid off since Kelik could almost solo the entire Eligor map by himself, he was critting all the Cavaliers like it was nothing. I had expected a much harder fight since there were a ton of enemies.

I even had to wait a few turns so that Haas and co. would show up before finishing the boss. Who did hit hard(20) but he never doubled my main guys(So they weren't in danger and could be healed back up by Emma/Tamiko though Anakin and Cia could heal as well if need be though the two girls are usually enough for anything) and he was starting to take a beating from the Greens even if he was wiping them out left and right.

That's how I got him with 60 HP. No one else in Siegfried's mode (besides Cia, I guess) needs Angelic Robes that's worth using.

Well, I guess Shuuda and Inanna also like robes since they do have durability issues, but otherwise, other than those two and Shon/Cia and MAYBE Althares(but fuck his combat), no one in Siegfried's mode really needs a seraph robe.

Unfortunately, Shuuda gets outclassed by Kelik and Tekun later on, and Inanna has to compete with the two wyverns.

Shuuda is only outclassed because of the Hero's Caps of low Speed. As for Inanna, she usually ends up as the best flyer in the game for me, so I don't have to worry about competition for her.

I'm currently on chapter 14, and I'm wondering when I'll finally get a guiding ring since my Tamiko has been level 20 for quite some time and it bugs me to "waste" exp on already maxed unit. Also, How many of each promotional item do you get throughout the game? So far I've only found the Elysian Whip... And does somebody knows where are the secret shops? I've got the membership cards, and I don't want to miss it...

I'm currently on chapter 14, and I'm wondering when I'll finally get a guiding ring since my Tamiko has been level 20 for quite some time and it bugs me to "waste" exp on already maxed unit. Also, How many of each promotional item do you get throughout the game? So far I've only found the Elysian Whip... And does somebody knows where are the secret shops? I've got the membership cards, and I don't want to miss it...

You'll be getting a Guiding Ring soon. As for all the Promotional Items in the game, there's quite a few. I remember selling quite a few extras for some extra cash.

You'll be getting a Guiding Ring soon. As for all the Promotional Items in the game, there's quite a few. I remember selling quite a few extras for some extra cash.

How vaguely unhelpful >_>

Hopefully Blazer gets his IRL stuff worked out soon so he can return and give us complete lists of that type of thing

So was there a secret shop in chapter 14, or was someone playing a sad trombone while I spent 3 turns scrounging around?

Actually, just let me know which chapters have a secret shop in a spoiler tag and i'll call it good.

So, er...?

Strange, my Corben and Logan were very much cursed when I tried using them. Corben has not gained speed for like 5 levels, I had to drop him since he was starting to get doubled up by faster units.

Still better than me. Mostly all of my units got RNG screwed in the Strength/Magic stat, and when you to chapter 24, you NEED those stats to be high. I had to start over. T~T

The only decent characters I had were Ace and Kevin. Ace had 11 Res as a level 20 soldier, and Kevin was blessed with Speed. A level 1 General with 20 Speed is a freaking monster.

And I apologize in advance if this has been asked before (it's late and I don't really wanna read through the 48 long paged thread), but does anyone know if there's support conversations in this patch? I remember having Anakin and Kelik get a support when the game was still Tactics Universe, but I tried getting them to support again, but...it's been ages, and I can't seem to get it to work.