The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was indeed the emulator, but I was able to work around it. Sorry to bother you guys. If anyone is experiencing the same problem, here's what you do: open no$gba.ini and change the line SAV/SNA File Format from Compressed to Raw; open the game in no$gba and suspend again; copy the no$ battery file to the rom folder and open the rom with vba; go past the point where the game was crashing until you're able to save; close vba, copy the battery file again back to no$gba's battery folder, and open the game again in no$gba.

gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

After beating chapter 19, when Kelik goes after that paladin, I think his name is Howard, there is a typo. Kelik says: "You must have realized the futility of escpaing" I don't have a pic because I was playing on my cell phone :/

1 Emblem Lance: vist the bottom house (I think its this one if not try the other ones) in chapter 1 with Corben

2 Emblem Blade: Open Top right Chest in the Chapter where you, briefly, get Anakin

3 Emblem Axe: Kill a Warrior in the chapter where Ivan show up, sorry don't know the number

4 Emblem Bow: Make Haas talk to Storm in chapter 23x

Hope this helpsmellow.gif

Ben recruits Risk.

Just curious since I missed it on my first run, where's the Emblem Bow?

Oh wow I didn't look 2 posts up

Edited by Serious Bananas

Since FEShrine is down, and looks to stay that way for some time, can someone make a list of the various chapter/gaiden requirements? I know at least a dozen people have already beaten/majority of it finished.

Damn my completionist OCD!

Since FEShrine is down, and looks to stay that way for some time, can someone make a list of the various chapter/gaiden requirements? I know at least a dozen people have already beaten/majority of it finished.

Damn my completionist OCD!

All except like 5x I think are turn limits so just don't be shit and you'll get every gaiden.

1 Emblem Lance: vist the bottom house (I think its this one if not try the other ones) in chapter 1 with Corben

2 Emblem Blade: Open Top right Chest in the Chapter where you, briefly, get Anakin

3 Emblem Axe: Kill a Warrior in the chapter where Ivan show up, sorry don't know the number

4 Emblem Bow: Make Haas talk to Storm in chapter 23x

Hope this helpsmellow.gif

Thanks, guess I haven't missed any. Thought I did, I'd gone so long without one.

5x: Obtain the talisman by going into the empty room with the shaman on chapter 5

7x: Finish the chapter within 17 turns AND visit all the houses.

17x: Finish chapter 17 within 22 turns.

19x: Recruit Rex on chapter 19 and don't let him die.

23x: Automatic

23xx: Obtain all 4 Emblem weapons

25x: Finish chapter 25 within 27 turns.

Hope this helps :3

5x - In Chapter 5, obtain the talisman in the empty room

7x - Beat Chapter 7 within 17 turns, and visit every house

17x - Beat Chapter 17 within 21 turns

19x - Recruit Rex in Chapter 19

23x - Automatic

23xx - Obtain all four Emblem Weapons in the game.

25x - Beat Chapter 25 within 26 turns

Taken from FEShrine and copied to text file.

Okay, someone else got it first, i pulled the tab open earlier, ah well.

Edited by Duke Zarrikos

Managed to do Ch3 in 5 turns grabbing the Elysian Whip and Torch. That was fun. There's actually a fair bit of challenge in here when you try to rush :)

Also, Ch4 has an incorrect statement of goal; it claims to be 'defeat enemy' but in fact is a defeat-boss chapter, not a rout map.

Edited by zahlman

Am I the only one that was disappointed in the lack of "Fatalize" from Tales of Symphonia playing somewhere during 23xx? Just felt wrong with the reference (If it is a ToS reference. It's very close to it).

Yup I did visit both of them and didn't work. I visited all houses twice actually and still didn't work. Finished 7 in 14 turns.

I might have found a bug. Anakin was holding one healing staff and one divine, but on passing from chapter 22 to chapter 23 the heal staff turned into a divine with the same amount of uses as the one I was holding, and the healing staff disappeared.

Here's the pic:

rucy28.png

Awesome hack. No you remade the game They should make this an official game once everything is smoothed out (not that there is much to be changed imo)

BTW: Did you put kurogane's theme in this as a soundtrack for when the enemies moves in the earlier chapters??

I'm pretty sure anyone having troubles getting chapter 7x have forgotten to visit the two houses at the bottom corners of the boss.

Highlighted red.

http://i45.tinypic.com/23kb314.png

Nope, I was definitely aware of them. 6 in total, right? The 2 there, 1 on the same island, and 3 across the river, yeah? The one where the guy says he's fixing his hair, do I have to visit with someone specific, or something?

I too am having the same problems with gaining access to chapter 7x. I have also completed the chapter in 14 turns, killed every enemy, and visited all the houses twice. Do you have to get Noah to appear as well? I am using the latest 1.1 patch and still can't find a way even while completing the alleged requirements. Also does anyone know of any secret shops besides the chapter with Ivan?