The Last Promise

Crimson Red

i'm playing this on my gba emulator for psp and it freezes after chapter 10. right after it asks me if i want to continue playing. if you have a psp, i can post my savestate. the emulator is called UO gpSP kai

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach's cheek is the least of his problems. When I was playing the chapter where you recruit him, I noticed I misaligned his talking frame.

NuZachFormat.png

Here's the fixed version for Blazer and anyone who knows how to insert a portrait themselves.

@izanagi yeah, this problem is definitely one with flashcarts and other emulators besides VBA only. >_> I'm going to see if it works on my SCDS2 when I get a chance and use that. Sadly, I don't have a PSP, so a savestate won't help me there. :|

@izanagi yeah, this problem is definitely one with flashcarts and other emulators besides VBA only. >_> I'm going to see if it works on my SCDS2 when I get a chance and use that. Sadly, I don't have a PSP, so a savestate won't help me there. :|

SC DSTWO has never had a problem emulating for me (other than that palette thing with the HP boxes with animations off and that's cause it uses an ASM-ed gradient) so I doubt it'll be a problem on that :P

...dammit

I could have sworn I fixed that

It's probably one of those times I fixed it, ended up using a back-up, lost the fix, and forgot to refix it

I'll fix it again later XP It's not game-breaking (nor is Zach) so I'll wait for the issues to pile-up and fix it then~

Also, I'm slowly adding more guides, such as the Chapter Requirement Guide. Check here:

http://www.feshrine.net/thelastpromise/

Next up is the sidequest info, which yes, includes other stuff than just how to get chapters. I'm not sure when I'll get to it though...

@ninjaJubs nor for I but I don't really have any other ideas on how to fix it when I don't have all these obscure emulators o_O

I mean they should all (ideally/unrealistically) run the same way anyhow, sooo... >_>

Apparently reloading the game and resuming works though :|

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

"SC DSTWO has never had a problem emulating for me (other than that palette thing with the HP boxes with animations off and that's cause it uses an ASM-ed gradient) so I doubt it'll be a problem on that :P "

Thank goodness. I want to play it on my DS when I get the Supercard DS 2. XD

On a relevant note. I noticed you used a new recruitment theme. For that you win, and win epicly. XD

I know I already said that on skype, but I needed an excuse to make this post not be spam.

^ Yeah it's pretty good. Incidentally, TLP (back when it was TU) has always worked well for me on the actual GBA hardware, using a GBA flashcart, so props for that, STRAWHAT LUFFY :D see i used your sf name

so i guess i'm screwed then? just my luck. congrats on the hack btw. i meant to say so earlier. oh and i'm about 50% its a fixable problem because i've played earlier versions of the hack just fine. just thought i'd mention that.

Loving it so far, in chapter 4. One thing that stands out to me is the music. Awesome. What's the music for the Prologue and Chapter 3 Field Map? It's the same and really sounds awesome. I turned the animations off to listen to it. I'm interested if it was custom made or a song from another source modified for the game. I think I should know it, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks in advance when/if someone answers.

It's called Regal Ground. It's an original song made by Boney. While most of the song is imported from other games, there are some transcribed songs and some original songs.

The Resounding Vow ~Main Theme~, Regal Ground, and Freemind are all original songs. I remade the sound room from near-scratch so you should be able to listen to them all at some point~

Also, I'll be honest in saying that I consider map music to be more important than battle music. Well, battle music is pretty important, but once animations are off, you don't hear it: and furthermore, most of the game takes place on the map, and maps also give the world its only real "atmosphere" IMO, and making music match the atmosphere is important IMO (and I tried to do so, though it's hard to do so all the time).

But yeah that's not to say I didn't try on the battle music either, I studied up on how FE battle themes tend to be and chose some appropriate songs I think, some of which are, IMO, really epic (naturally I like pretty much all of the music I put in the game XD, it'd be awkward if I put songs I didn't like in there, after all...).

Also there are 2 recruitment themes: one for physical units, one for magical units. But in part 1 I screwed up and I'm guessing that the magical one plays for some physical units and probably vice-versa too... >_> I gotta fix it eventually

Well, I can't wait to get the Sound Room then. And I do agree that the map music is much more important for FE games. Much more memorable and enjoyable for me.

Edited by Taku

@Duke Zarrikos

You mean the chapter 10 ending? If so, which one? Sieg's, or Shon's? If you don't know the difference, tell me who fights Howard

@Lord Raven that was on purpose but since people keep mistaking it as a bug I might do something about it

@Taku Crap, the sound room isn't unlocked by default? Dammit. I have to fix that. >_<

Man, so much room for problems in a 40+ chapter game -_-

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

@Taku Crap, the sound room isn't unlocked by default? Dammit. I have to fix that. >_<

Man, so much room for problems in a 40+ chapter game -_-

Yeah, just the Link Arena is in the Extras Menu.

Speaking of Sieg mentioning Sacae, in Chapter 4 when you recruit the Monk (name escapes me at the moment), he says he believes that "Etruria is evil" instead of Magnus.

i'm playing this on my gba emulator for psp and it freezes after chapter 10. right after it asks me if i want to continue playing. if you have a psp, i can post my savestate. the emulator is called UO gpSP kai

You could always try chapter 11 with gpSPmod20090720. Kai's more recent, but the sound and pixel scaling is inferior.

Let us know how it goes if you do.

Dunno if this has been reported yet, but Ch 1 says the Goal is Seize Gate but it's either defeat boss or route in actuality (Not sure which since I killed the boss last and that ended the chapter but)

I was reading the Chapter Requirements page on feshrine and it mentioned something about a Sidequest Guide. I'm guessing that guide has yet to be compiled and/or uploaded. I'd love to see it, as I'm sure I'm missing a few things right now.

Edited by Taku