The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Yeah, but that's on purpose. Blazer had told me and some other people at one point that 13 (not 12. my bad :P)A is a lot harder on purpose because the smart decision to do is not to trust a stranger. (That being said, 13B is way too easy and not really rewarding EXP and item wise [spolier]you do get a nice additional character from it, though.

).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far (C6) great game, just some questions:

1: Is Shuuda a male XD?

2: Some mini-mugs are outdated -i guess- compared to the big ones (i.e. Kelik's)

3: Never got any gaiden but Emblem Lance rocks

I don't understand.

How does hitting an enemy so hard they shatter into pieces (and also duplicate part of their body?) and disappear count as a miss?

WY9QP.pngquf2g.png

You fool!

That nomad used a phase distortion barrier!

As for ch 13...I haven't gotten there yet, but I remember there being a ch with a lot of enemies about 10 chapters in, and I think the thing I hated most about it is that I almost/completely broke Kelik's prf weapon in that one chapter. That would have been an OLD patch though.

Edited by L1049

I also found a glitch, if you skip the beginning conversations in Ch. 5x, you literally skip the chapter entirely.

2: Some mini-mugs are outdated -i guess- compared to the big ones (i.e. Kelik's)

1. Yes

2. Don't think so. Kelik looked fine to me.

3. wasn't a question XD

Also, as to skipping the the scene in 5x, Blazer made it automatically hit "no" I think. There's some sort of reason behind it.

Edited by Based God

After testing out 13A and 13B, is there ANY reason whatsoever to ever go to 13A?

Logan sucks, especially compared to the brute that is Asch, and 13B is WAY easier than 13A.

I just played the first chapter on my cellphone but it worked fine. Congratz for the awesome work Blazer

Yay, it works~!

Great job Blazer! I must sincerely thank you for your tremendous effort in trying to put this hack back on track. Now, here is advice from me: Take the entire day off, eat a gigantic milk shake, go to the movies, and last but not least give yourself a pat on the back!

Thanks, but I still have a lot more work to do before I can really relax. Today I'm going to fix all the problems I can find and re-release a patch, hopefully, I only have 5 so far but meh--sadly, even with 5 betatesters doing this for like a month, it's just too hard to get ALL of the problems, especially since some arise WHILE betatesting, and others are just so circumstantial (granted stuff like Arthur saying "Etruria" is kind of inexcusable when you have 5 grammar freaks reading the script, and grammar freaks aren't just careful about grammar but text in general ._.).

I don't understand.

Yeah, I'll have to fix that, sorry about that. ._. It shouldn't break the game for now, at least... >_>

So I got to chapter 13 (Logan). And I've got to say, it's a nightmare. You start with 5 units. 4 of which are lancelocked. In a chapter with primarily axe users. On turn 4, you get 3 more units, who are slaughtered by the enemies that are around them. I can't seem to do this without a stupid amount of luck, without anyone dying. And the one time I got to the end, the boss crit Karina. With the axereaver equipped. I don't even know. The reinforcements spawn right near Kelik and you need virtually everyone on hand to take out 2 of them, and there are still other units rushing you. On top of that, the brave axe fighter. WHY?

If anyone has any hints on this chapter I would really like to hear them.

Also one of the chapter 9 starting positions is on a peak.

Play defensively (the brave axe guy should only attack in range). Use the fact that some of the axe users have weapon triangle reversing weapons to your advantage. Also, Anakin is good.

Also, if you don't like the challenge, you shouldn't have trusted Logan. Bad game decisions = punishment. You get ambushed. Ambushes are HARD. Realistically speaking, if you could just shove right through an ambush, people wouldn't even acknowledge it's an ambush. >_>

Also, I nerfed this chapter... twice. It's at .7x the difficulty that it was at (noting that Nayr, a cavalier in the previous game, was rather helpful). :|

3: Never got any gaiden but Emblem Lance rocks

>Yes

>Umm, excuse me...? How are they outdated? Or did you mean that Kelik's mini-mug uses the angry face? If so, that is on purpose, he gets a lot more serious/pumped up during a fight. XD

>Yep, infinite uses = hello much better funds rank.

I also found a glitch, if you skip the beginning conversations in Ch. 5x, you literally skip the chapter entirely.

What the other man said, if you skip the conversation you end up choosing the "retreat" option IIRC, which takes you to chapter 6. Chapter 5x is rather hard, so I give people the option of backing out if they can't handle it.

Found a bug. Ben's description is glitched.

D= noted, will fix ASAP

After testing out 13A and 13B, is there ANY reason whatsoever to ever go to 13A?

Logan sucks, especially compared to the brute that is Asch, and 13B is WAY easier than 13A.

If you enjoy inflicting pain on yourself, or love Myrmidons, then yes, go to 13A.

Otherwise, no, 13B is much better. Asch is a monster and as you said, 13B YOU'RE essentially ambushing THEM, so it's much easier. The boss is also... interesting.

Logan4boss

(it's in the FEE3 trailer too :P)

Wow... found out something interesting...

if you actually beat cid in 5x you get a game over...

i'm gonna hazard a guess to say that's to prevent cheating

da** and i was so happy to have a blessed shuuda too, lancereavers rule.

If 13A is harder, t hat seems like a great reason to go there.

Wow... found out something interesting...

if you actually beat cid in 5x you get a game over...

i'm gonna hazard a guess to say that's to prevent cheating

The text files that came with the hack explain stuff like this.

^lololol

@Cid topic

to clear up

literally EVERYONE who betatested tried EVERYTHING they could to beat Cid

none of us got even CLOSE, just taking out the generals was too hard

If someone posts a video proving one can legitimately beat Cid, I will personally go back and do something besides a game over

Until then, I call hax >_>

Well, I did get a lot of satisfaction in murdering that blonde prettyboy. So 13B has that added value. :D

Yeah, no matter which route you take, he tends to die XD

Uh, if I remember right there was a secret character in chapter 7. Where do you move to get him?

Bottom-right area on top of the cliff, below the river

If you beat the boss first, he doesn't come (plot-wise, once the boss is defeated there's little incentive for him to join the battlefield, as the battle is mostly over)

And then I killed Logan.

And not a single crap was given.

(Or did I already screw up?)

EDIT: Oh. Went a different path altogether and killed him. Alright.

Asch is cooler.

Hahaha, yeah, definitely~

Sorry if I missed any posts, I'm not able to keep up ._.

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTICE!

This here is a list of all the known issues so far. A bugfix patch that will take care of them will come shortly. If you do not see an issue that you encountered here and are sure you patched your game correctly, please notify me immediately. Even with all the betatesting I did, getting every issue is just too much, so I'm sorry that there are still a few problems here and there. Thank you for your patience and help.

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

What the other man said, if you skip the conversation you end up choosing the "retreat" option IIRC, which takes you to chapter 6. Chapter 5x is rather hard, so I give people the option of backing out if they can't handle it.

heh I forgot I don't have the same username here as I do elsewhere. HINT: I beat the game already.

heh I forgot I don't have the same username here as I do elsewhere. HINT: I beat the game already.

Yeah, I know, I'm not an idiot...

Just came here to say that I love the music in this hack. Oh and why do we got an elysian whip so soon in the game O.o ( I think it was in chapter 4, I think)

nostalgia/I'm nice to you/I'm promoting the use of Pegasus Knights kinda :P

and thanks, I spent a lot of time looking for/ripping/arranging/inserting music >_> (mostly #2 and #4)

Woah, this game is out now. Awesome!

Silly question :

Is the Emblem Lance supposed to be so good? It shows 4 attack but it actually seems to give me +8 attack, and has infinite uses. Any downside to using it? Probably not, and I'm just overthinking this. Will make good use of it!

Edit : Oh god, I'm so confused. Against the boss of chapter 2 it suddenly does as much damage as the Iron Lance, which only has +7 attack.

Edited by Nitramyte

It's okay, if you get all the Emblem weapons scattered throughout the game you'll get a special gaiden as well as the best item in the game, and as a weapon it's pretty good itself, it has 4 attack but is effective versus everything and has infinite uses so it never breaks or anything and thus is useful as a "permanent" Iron Lance and whatnot

It's okay, if you get all the Emblem weapons scattered throughout the game you'll get a special gaiden as well as the best item in the game, and as a weapon it's pretty good itself, it has 4 attack but is effective versus everything and has infinite uses so it never breaks or anything and thus is useful as a "permanent" Iron Lance and whatnot

Ahh, cool. Thanks for the quick reply!

Oh yeah, question. Why the namechange to Corben?

I can answer this. The same reason Roman is gone and a tribal looking dude named Risk is in his place. Nickt, for whatever reasons(he didn't elaborate,) decided to pull Gordon and Roman from TU/TLP. Roman needed to be totally replaced, but Gordon's story and dialogue had already been altered by Blazer from Nickt's original ideas, and I made the sprite that is being used for the character. So in the end, the only thing that belonged to Niko was the name Gordon. So Blazer just renamed him.

>Umm, excuse me...? How are they outdated? Or did you mean that Kelik's mini-mug uses the angry face? If so, that is on purpose, he gets a lot more serious/pumped up during a fight. XD

oh ok then, the eye seemed off to me (it is, actually...?) thus I thought it was from a previous version of the mug

PS: Nonetheless Kelik is pretty awesome

The story is intriguing, the characters are interesting, the difficulty is just right (for me), and the music... Oh, the music...

I about died from joy when I heard "Join Us"

Ahh, cool. Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm trying to keep up so I don't miss a beat and leave any major problems unfixed ._. it's hella hard though I could use some help

I can answer this. The same reason Roman is gone and a tribal looking dude named Risk is in his place. Nickt, for whatever reasons(he didn't elaborate,) decided to pull Gordon and Roman from TU/TLP. Roman needed to be totally replaced, but Gordon's story and dialogue had already been altered by Blazer from Nickt's original ideas, and I made the sprite that is being used for the character. So in the end, the only thing that belonged to Niko was the name Gordon. So Blazer just renamed him.

This is more or less accurate

As for why I chose "Corben", it's because it's phonetically similar to "Gordon"

Only slightly though

since "Gordon" sounds like "Gordin" depending on how you pronounce it, and "Corben" sounds like "Corbin" depending on how you pronounce it, in which case the differences are G->C and d->b

oh ok then, the eye seemed off to me (it is, actually...?) thus I thought it was from a previous version of the mug

PS: Nonetheless Kelik is pretty awesome

Ah well if anyone finds graphical issues, let me know... I know there are some... Zach's cheek, for instance, and even though I did a lot of stray-pixel-fixing even AFTER the major portrait revamp--MAJOR THANKS TO ARCFALCHION AND NAYR FOR THIS BTW--it's hard to find every bad pixel so there might still be some here and there. XP

and yeah he's based off of me... err, he's my OC, and I spent 30% of my life making this hack, so I made him totally OP to compensate

@Shojx thanks, I had several friends help with the music, including Boney, Agro, and ScottMtc, and myself of course, it took a LOT more time than it seems, to find fitting songs~

As for the story/characters I think it could be a lot better but I'd have to make the game from scratch to improve it to that extent, I think that given what the original framework was, I did a pretty good job, and that any major improvements (there can always be small ones) would have to rework that framework more than anything else, and I'm sooo done revamping this game, it took a shit ton of work just to finish it, I don't want to hack ever again >_>