The Last Promise

Crimson Red

No worries, I'm working on the game's content right now, so preferably whatever people don't get the first time they can get a second time if they want.

I just finished the credits, so be sure to let me know if you contributed to the hack (besides playing and commenting and whatnot, or else I'd be crediting way too many people for pointing out problems) were forgotten (I didn't purposely not include anyone, there are just a LOT of people to include and I can't remember them all D=).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as far as the gaiden goes.

I got prologue part 2. At first I thought I went overboard unlocking it, but MK404's post seems to indicate otherwise.

Wonder if the additional parts will also require some messing around.

Edited by L1049

This is amazing Blazer, I'm on chapter 5 currently [playing with SB, George and Lucina] I'm loving the story and the units so far, hehe this might be draft material later wink.gif

But seriously though man, epic props also I love your music choice, Tales of Symphonia and Ogre Battle music? EPIC I have to say I was like... Whoa WALL OF DEFENSE when it kicked on in ch 5 xD

Also I love short bows being 1-2 range it gives Peg.Knights more to worry about

Shon is doing great http://gyazo.com/aaf...5b56d69ebf235eb

Edited by Jedi

being playing for a bit. at Chapter 5.

Shon is actually becoming decent blink.gif

Inanna as good as usual lol. I didnt get the prologue gaiden cause I didnt know till SB mentioned it.

But the hack is great so far Blazer ^.^

*goes back to enjoy hack*

Found the gaiden, the hack's been enjoyable so far (besides my Inanna getting awfully RNG screwed). When's the first heal staff vendor? I'm in 5x and it's almost broken.

Yeah I keep getting comments about Shon

was he really THAT bad?

You guys need to speak up more

Now he's at least usable...

@MageKnight404

My hints are rather subtle =P First-time FE players would almost never get it

@L1049

Nope, it's part of the plot. If Shon solos the map, he gets different dialog. The requirements for the other ones are... similarly-themed, I suppose you could say. You'll also get different cutscenes if you do them, so it'll be rather obvious if you DO get them. And when you're done, the game will tell you that too. XP

@Jedi how does this co-op thing work? lol and I have a wide arrangement of music I think XP I didn't want to get too many songs from one specific series or composer I liked... In any case I'm glad you're enjoying it: also, the Short Bows things is now a cliche idea, but I implemented it YEARS ago, like 4 years ago, so I didn't take it out for nostalgia's sake. XP

@George thanks~ it has some flaws I need to work out but at least it's enjoyable

EDIT: Ninja'd by Serious

I need to make a shop list D:

There -should- be one in chapter 4 but if not, there's definitely one in chapter 6, which has a rather significant map redesign for those familiar with the old game (though a LOT of maps got updated in The Last Promise. A LOT. Thank Exxucus for that).

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

My Shon is currently better than my Corben, though not as good as Shuuda.

Currently on hold at chapter 5, waiting for you to post up that secrets info you said you would XD

^oh my bad

I didn't understand

^^I'm going to sleep in a minute, it's 5:17 AM right now

Here's all you need to know for chapter 5 and 6 ._.

Get to 5x by entering the seemingly pointless room and obtaining a Talisman (a shaman starts there)

There's some not-so-obvious stuff on chapter 7 and stuff but I'll just have to make a proper secrets page tomorrow :|

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

And then I killed Logan.

And not a single crap was given.

(Or did I already screw up?)

EDIT: Oh. Went a different path altogether and killed him. Alright.

Asch is cooler.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Yeah I keep getting comments about Shon

was he really THAT bad?

I'm only up to, like, C4 (whichever one has you up against that shrewish girl with silver hair) but my Shon's one of my best guys. Javelin, Iron Lance, Piercing Sword and he's golden.

@Kisume thanks for the congrats, I haven't tested it on emulators outside of computer ones, but hopefully it works. ._.

I just played the first chapter on my cellphone but it worked fine. Congratz for the awesome work Blazer

Great job Blazer! I must sincerely thank you for your tremendous effort in trying to put this hack back on track. Now, here is advice from me: Take the entire day off, eat a gigantic milk shake, go to the movies, and last but not least give yourself a pat on the back!

I don't understand.

How does hitting an enemy so hard they shatter into pieces (and also duplicate part of their body?) and disappear count as a miss?

WY9QP.pngquf2g.png

So I got to chapter 13 (Logan). And I've got to say, it's a nightmare. You start with 5 units. 4 of which are lancelocked. In a chapter with primarily axe users. On turn 4, you get 3 more units, who are slaughtered by the enemies that are around them. I can't seem to do this without a stupid amount of luck, without anyone dying. And the one time I got to the end, the boss crit Karina. With the axereaver equipped. I don't even know. The reinforcements spawn right near Kelik and you need virtually everyone on hand to take out 2 of them, and there are still other units rushing you. On top of that, the brave axe fighter. WHY?

If anyone has any hints on this chapter I would really like to hear them.

Also one of the chapter 9 starting positions is on a peak.

Edited by Serious Bananas

Well, I personally didn't have too many problems with the Logan Chapter (I assume you are on 12A).

what you can do is have Anakin talk to Logan to recruit him, thus giving you another sword unit. You should be pushing all of your units up, and abusing the axereaver whenever you can, so that by the time Kelik and that bunch show up, you will all be grouped together.

Edited by Based God

I finally lucked out and got through.

I do that. I know Logan is recruitable, but there are just too many enemies, especially with 4 per turn coming out of the forts. Logan is kind of awful, not even doubling a lot of the fighters, and the axereaver breaks. I sent Karina up to stop the brigands and pegs and rushed Kelik's group back, then had Kevin take Kelik's elixir and a Javelin and killed most of the reinforcements.

I still think it's awfully balanced.