The Last Promise

Crimson Red

Sometime today.

I dunno.

I still have a lot to do.

I've gotten about 10 hours of sleep in like, 3 days, and it looks like I won't be getting any tonight.

Be patient. I'll let you know. You'll see new posts and stuff. There'll be a video on Youtube. In extreme circumstances it might come out the 18th, but I'm going to do everything I can to prevent that. >_>

Just quoting the blog in case there's one or two people who care who don't visit it

tl;dr version is game will hopefully be out sometime today, no specific time in mind

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luffy it's good to hear that this project is almost out. I watched this project get better and better with each update and I can't believe it's done. Well has an ending at least. I hope your Astral Rift plans workout :D

Congrats, man :) That is an EPIC accomplishment and I'm proud to say I helped with it even if only a tiny bit

Seriously good job and I'll be starting my playthrough tomorrow :3

The first page has been updated to accommodate the problem some users were having with the download link.

This one shouldn't have any server issues or anything.

Remember to keep spoiler tags in spoilers and if possible, don't upload any playthroughs faster than I do... XP

Though I'll be honest, I've been working SO hard and long on this, I... quite ironically, don't even want to play it right now. :P

I've been playing/working on this game about 12 hours every day for the past month and a half

Some of it is pretty exciting - I mean I designed the game so that I of all people would like it, so yes, of course I'm going to like it - but man I can't look at a computer screen without my eyes hurting right now.

Can't wait to take a long break from hacking. Hopefully no one finds any major bugs that came about after the betatesting... >_>

...Oh, also, this:

"Here are the new screenshots. I posted them on the front page a while ago but I've been too busy to post them here as well. XP

TitleScreen.PNGS%20%281%29.png

S%20%282%29.pngS%20%283%29.png

S%20%284%29.pngS%20%285%29.png

S%20%286%29.pngS%20%287%29.png

S%20%288%29.pngS%20%289%29.png

S%20%2810%29.pngS%20%2811%29.png

S%20%2812%29.pngS%20%2813%29.png

My betatesters didn't get a good variety, and I apologize for that. They were quite busy... you know, betatesting. If you wish to help me in this endeavor by taking better screenshots yourself, be my guest... though I cannot guarantee I will use them. XP [/conundrums]"

Now to go upload a video on youtube... *is still pretty busy*

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Is there still a page to show the hidden items floating around somewhere? Wondering since the name change gave it a new and...less fleshed out page on feshrine

@Arim thanks

@Alkaidism no, I'll be uploading information slowly as I can. I'm still updating the whole internet right now. >___>'

@George bye

... Generic Spear. Really. Really.

Furetchen. Really. Really.

EDIT: I got ninja'd... twice... but I got nothing to say about it besides this XP

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

I believe Furet is asking because TU/TLP has been said to be a srs hack in the past, and that sort of thing is rather not serious. I don't mind it, I think it's cute, these kinds of things add their own personality to the game

Still less generic than your comment.

Okay.

Problem? ಠ_ಠ

I'd say more curiosity. It seems an odd thing to throw in, is all. Are there any past the first chapter?

Go DoFap

I'd rather not.

Furetchen. Really. Really.

... Yes?

It just seems just a LITTLE out of place, is all I'm trying to say. That said, I am liking some of the new stuff, like the human-shaped Bardolph and the armoured brigands.

Oh yeah, question. Why the namechange to Corben?

Edited by Furetchen

Okay, since you gave a semi-legitimate explanation for his thinking

@Furrychin

Don't make up your own ideas about how my game is run and then expect me to follow them

It's always just been run the way I want to

Personally I don't see a problem with it: they're rare, they're fitting as they are dulled versions of normal weapons, and they're unique. They also add to the gameplay slightly, though you likely won't notice it for a while. Also, comic relief is a good part of any story and hack, so even if I -had- intended for it to be a joke weapon, it'd still be fine IMO. As long as you don't get worked up super easily, it doesn't detract from the overall gameplay experience. ^_^

EDIT:

erp

ninja'd again

It just seems just a LITTLE out of place, is all I'm trying to say.

Okay

I respect your opinion

next time just say that though because I hate trying to read minds on the internet of all places

mainly because like, it never works, and people end up looking like idiots when they try to read minds and fail XP

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Once I complete this hack, I'm going to draft it.

I'm at CH. 4 and I'm really enjoying it so far. The whole violet / purple-ish arrow thing that appears when you move a unit is probably the only I don't like and it's just a color. :P

Great job, Blazer! I bet finishing this project was so satisfying.

Edited by Esme

Congratulations Blazer!!! Can't wait to start playing this, already patched it, now just to send it to my PSP. Also you're a jerk. You steal more of my life away I hate you. In all seriousness though, can't wait to play this. Once more, I delve into the world of Blazer's hack, eagerly awaiting all the changes and the fun adventures for me!

Just played the prologue and the first two chapters, really enjoying the changes and the small things that have been added. Good job Blazer c:

Thanks, though tbh, you've probably missed even more >_> I give hints to most secrets but there are a lot of rather obscure things, not even gonna lie. But that's because I love obscure hidden details in video games... and I -did- model TLP after what I like to see in video games. XP

Has anyone here got this:

[spoiler=spoiler]Prologue Part 2?

EDIT: @Esme I tried to make most of the characters useful; characters also tend to be better than FE7 in general, although the enemies are also harder to compensate (the game has its hard moments, despite mostly being easy). I'm saying this since although I've never really been a part of a draft, I think that's where people choose what characters they'll use and stuff, so I figured the fact that everyone *should* be useful and no character should be completely overshadowed by a character of the same class would help with that or something. Meh, all I know is that I spent way too much time trying to balance the game >_>

@Kisume thanks for the congrats, I haven't tested it on emulators outside of computer ones, but hopefully it works. ._.

Also I'll be posting the secrets info and whatnot ASAP, I realize a lot of it people will have already missed, but I suppose if you can figure it out on your own it'd make it -way- more fun than me telling you how to, so yeah. I won't post it directly though so you'll have to be the one to spoil yourself away~

I won't be posting character growths, class caps, etc. for a while due to major spoilers. I had some people request that, but it'll have to wait. If you have any other requests for info let me know since I don't have much reason to make any doc unless people ask, I already know almost everything there is about the game XP

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

LOL Really? Nice! I'm so glad someone got it. Hahahahaha~

It's pretty obscure.

Said sidequest: "Reaching for the Heavens" - has 3 major parts, and then a nice gift at the end. It's been tested multiple times (I gave all my betatesters all the info on the secrets) to work so it should... well, work~

First one to get it gets a cookie