The Last Promise

Crimson Red

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Itsuke, I know I know you, but, I don't know you in terms of capability to test a game and beat the living shit out of it. I'm looking for someone so cruel and critical of things they would point out problems that aren't really problems (like some people do now, I guess, but they still have to be intelligent about it, not just throw out bullshit), because then I can be sure that they would DEFINITELY get out the things that are ACTUALLY problems. Hacking experience, grammatical intelligence, and the willingness and patience to check every little thing, every little situation, and TRY to break the game are necessary for me in the ideal betatester. Most betatesters, from experience, can't even patch the game right and play it right to get through it, don't have the time, don't respond after I give it, or give up, so I can't even get a full basic report, which is like the minimum. Now instead of getting a full basic report, I want a full detailed report.

When you're as greedy as me it's hard to be satisfied XD

...I wasn't going to come back but this is a bit much to pass up.

Our... confrontation, shall we call it? Whatever that was notwithstanding, if we can get around our personal differences I'd like to beta. I was praising you earlier when the shitstorm started, which is what irked me; I'll admit that I was kind of looking forward to the improvements.

I think I've proven that I know what I'm doing when it comes to hacking at a level below intermediate ASM, I promise I won't call out anything that's not super-egregious, etc. 'cides, it's a lot easier to see a glitch coming with no$debugger than VBA

Yeah, if I could somehow please the people who like criticize things and are sometimes douchebags, then I'd please almost everyone, haha. I guess I know where to find you when the time comes.

I was praising you earlier when the shitstorm started, which is what irked me; I'll admit that I was kind of looking forward to the improvements.

I still don't understand you... you're a really complex guy, you know that? At least, in my opinion. Figuring you out is like solving a puzzle whose answer keeps changing. >______> I guess I can be the same way, though. irony ftl <____<

It's funny actually, I empathize with Blazer a little bit about how he feels on game making philosophy. I just want to make a fun game for myself, that I can enjoy, and that my friends will enjoy. It's other people who tell me my game isn't good enough, it's other people who tell me it sucks or the story is bad or it's "not balanced correctly" or whatever. I make my game my way, and I like the way it plays. Maybe Blazer, for whatever reason, retarded or not, doesn't want an axe user in the early game. Maybe it's a terrible idea (I wouldn't know, I'm not the slightest bit interested in TU but if I was I'd beta for him just fine.) but it's still his hack and ultimately, even if everyone else hates it, he can make his hack how he chooses. If it bugs you, don't play it.

This message brought to you by Gatorade. (I make $10 everytime I say that)

i meant to ask this earlier when you said it but i've been busy.why do you dislike filler characters?why does every character have to be important to the story?and lastly, do you deny that there are filler characters in TU? ( cause there are ) i dont think noah should be a hero. mainly because it doesn't help equal out the huge imbalance of sword users ( 5+ sword users to 2 axe users. not counting horses or promotes ) just make noah or logan a fighter is all i ask. neither are that important. and if about noah being a mercenary, you could just make him one in name only. look at the black fang. they were mercenaries and 75% of them weren't even the mercenary class.

HE DOES NOT WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO A FIGHTER, NOR DOES HE WANT TO ACQUIESCE TO YOUR REQUESTS. "all you ask" doesn't matter to Blazer, he doesn't want them to be axe fighters. So stop asking :/ If you really dislike it that much, hack it in yourself.

@Klokinator despite that philosophy I've ended up revamping my game several times now to up the standard... so I'm not strict enough/stubborn enough with my own philosophy, it seems. Also, you notice how most hacks that aren't 1-chapter or reskins don't finish? That's because people want to remake them or revamp them so much (or other people complain/constructively criticize the hack so much they feel no option but to go back and revamp it), or they just work on it so long they feel like starting from scratch with new ideas, anyway my point is that it's actually the community that slows down hacks the most. I can't imagine EN having not been finished by now if Arch hadn't restarted (granted he had so many bugs he had to, but that's not the point at all). I probably would've finished too, but it would have been lesser quality. Granted I'm one of the few people who hasn't started on a new ROM (been working on the same ROM since day 1, really) but I've spent enough time revamping that had I just been satisfied with a decent result and went for completion instead of quality, I might have finished several months ago.

It's kind of like the "quality vs. quantity" debate except in hacking most people who have gone for quality never finish so in the end you just have a decent or awesome incomplete project that has so much leftover potential you get depressed after finishing however much of it is done. Hopefully this changes though as hacks like Dream of Five and Elibian Nights and other big event hacks (the ones that already have some sort of patch out with good progress I mean) finish. Though I don't foresee that happening before the world ends

EDIT:

why do you dislike filler characters?why does every character have to be important to the story?and lastly, do you deny that there are filler characters in TU? ( cause there are )

As a writer I was taught that if I introduce an element into the story, including a place, character, thing, etc., it should have some sort of relevance/significance, or I'm better off not introducing it. I could make up some relevance but I don't like when a character is highly more significant in the gameplay than the story, in general. Back in the day I wasn't so keen on this philosophy so there are some filler characters, like Noah who was added in for fun/comic relief.

Also, Logan does have plot relevance. First of all, while his "sex" is male, his "gender" is female. In America at the least there's an ongoing problem where people who's gender do not match their sex tend to be highly discriminated against. Even though I think people should have a similar gender role and sex, I don't believe that they should be discriminated against, and Logan's my main medium through which I reflect on this real-life issue. Furthermore, Logan is the setting for chapter 13, and in the latest patch he has an even BIGGER role besides just being a traitor who leads the group into an ambush that everyone hates because I actually made it seem like an ambush by making it hard and forcing you to defend for the first half of the battle instead of rushing the enemy base like it's nothing.

Remember, just because you don't see a relevance, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Admittedly Noah is there for occasional comic relief/that feeling everyone gets when they find a secret character (his recruitment is Stefan-like and from my own experiences people liked the Stefan-esque recruitment, even though it'll probably get cliche once more and more people use it...). None of those are really important which is why he's a flawed character IMO, and that's more the reason to at least give him SOME use by making him more important in the gameplay than he is (cuz right now he's practically a filler character in both story and gameplay).

I've explained myself so I don't plan on going any more into that issue. Furthermore I don't like spoiling story ideas like I did with Logan (even though I haven't gotten into his additional plot role) so if you could please be a bit more understanding when you're asking me questions, please, it would make everything a bit easier. ^_^

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

wait so logan's a trap? or literally a woman trapped inside a man's body? cause if its the latter, that doesn't make much sense. i mean if he has a girlfriend and women trapped inside a man's body are still attracted to guys. ( unless his girlfriend is a guy trapped inside a woman's body, which would be lolzy. )

and i am trying to be understanding. you cant say i'm not being understanding of logan because you gave NO clue he was important passed chapter 13. you made him more important in the next patch but did i know that? of course not because you're the only one with the latest patch. it would kill alot of confusion if you released the new patch. that way all of our judgments and critique off an outdated product. and it'll give me a reason to start over and use the better shon.

cause if its the latter, that doesn't make much sense. i mean if he has a girlfriend and women trapped inside a man's body are still attracted to guys. ( unless his girlfriend is a guy trapped inside a woman's body, which would be lolzy. )

Lesbians exist. It doesn't matter whatever you think of homosexuality and transgendered people, they exist.

wow. i'm not trying to be smartass or a dumbass but it seems you take my words the wrong way. you said that logan's gender and his sex were different. i questioned it because i'm wondering what the hell that means. also how was i being immature? if its about that shon thing, i apologize. i was being stubborn because i got screwed. don't take my words so seriously dude. but whatever, if my posts bother you so much, then i'll stop posting.

that's what i meant. a woman or man trapped inside the other gender's body is a real thing. it's just before any actual surgery. they feel that they are a man or a woman but physically they aren't. this doesn't seem to be the case with logan though. if he was spiritually a woman, why does he have a girlfriend? unless he's a gay woman in a man's body. which would be weird. not impossible though.

that's what i meant. a woman or man trapped inside the other gender's body is a real thing. it's just before any actual surgery. they feel that they are a man or a woman but physically they aren't. this doesn't seem to be the case with logan though. if he was spiritually a woman, why does he have a girlfriend? unless he's a gay woman in a man's body. which would be weird. not impossible though.

Lesbians exist. It doesn't matter whatever you think of homosexuality and transgendered people, they exist.

This sorta got answered already, and didn't you say you'd stop posting? ;/

just get at me izanagi

Edited by seph1212

wow. i'm not trying to be smartass or a dumbass but it seems you take my words the wrong way. you said that logan's gender and his sex were different. i questioned it because i'm wondering what the hell that means. also how was i being immature? if its about that shon thing, i apologize. i was being stubborn because i got screwed. don't take my words so seriously dude. but whatever, if my posts bother you so much, then i'll stop posting.

Are you ten?

Am I supposed to laugh at that?

It is possible. Your sexual orientation =/= your gender identity =/= your biological gender in some cases. Straight men can identify as female and still be sexually attracted to women.

Now, I suggest you start making more intelligent posts before you push the wrong buttons. You're walking on thin ice. Especially this quote.

which would be weird.

As a member of the LGBTQ community I find that statement offensive. I understand that it is a concept not all people get, but you should watch your comments on sensitive subjects like that.