The Last Promise

Crimson Red

I have a question. How do you get pass Chapter 21? I beated the chapter but it just goes to the credits. Idk if I have the most current verdion but I have the patch that says Tactics Universe DS version.

IIRC, that's as far as the patch goes. You'll have to wait for the final patch to progress even farther.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, that's as far as the patch goes. You'll have to wait for the final patch to progress even farther.

Or you can memory hack a certain address and see the unfinished levels.

HOWEVER, considering I've heard that Blazer here does not want anyone else seeing it besides the ones who already know how to access them, I won't be telling you the address to modify.

Edit: "Can't let you do that, Ana-- I mean Starfox". *cough* *cough*

Edited by shadowofchaos

So I've downloaded the latest version of the patch, and I know how to ups stuff. The patch contains two ups files.

What are the differences between the two? (I assume the DS Version requires something like DeSmuME for it to work Apparently it doesn't work with DeSmuME...dry.gif)

I guess I'll answer this myself. The differences appear to be battle backgrounds, nothing more. (DS Backgrounds are fugly, IMHO)

And Blazer answers a moment too soon, lol.

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

The DS version is just a graphical patch. It uses a DS battle template and battle backgrounds so the battle animations resemble FEDS (now referred to as "FE11" since there are two Fire Emblem's for the DS). I don't think I'll be including this in the final version due to time and graphical restraints so enjoy it while you can (the battle backgrounds patch is incomplete and I'm not sure if I can ever complete it...).

You have too much free time to be setting up a Kelik vs. Kelik with the new battle frame ._.

and yeah I don't want just the DS Battle Template if I don't have the backgrounds, so meh. We'll see, if I do go through with it I'm going to have to do DS hacking as well to rip the battle backgrounds, and that's even more work that I don't want to do, so yeah. I'm not excited, to say the least, and even if laziness isn't an excuse, lack of time is, I have less than 3 months to finish this and TBH I'm not even near as close as I should be by this point... so I have other priorities

[/rant]

List of errors/comments:

Possible crit error? (somehow critted 4 times in Chap 1, but most likely luck)

Shon's armor looks too restrictive for his neck, IMO.

Chapter Goal of Chap 1 is labeled Seize Throne, yet is defeat enemies...

Gordon's text bubble from wrong side at end of Chap 1.

Beginning of Chap 3 Siegfried mentions only 3 people on your team, despite having recruited

Tamiko.

Also, convo at the end of Chap 2 with Kelik could have been interpreted that he was joining

your team (make it clearer maybe?).

Shuuda seems really OP for Chap 3, maybe nerf him/her a little (also gender id is hard)?

IMO, (s)he shouldn't be doubling enemy mercs one level below him/her.

I love the improved exp gains for clerics.

Maybe it's just me, but 3 javelins+Rapier makes the boss way too easy to kill.

Maybe a little buff on Jarod's stats would be nice?

Chap 3's goal is defeat enemy, yet you have to seize the castle.

"Father, one of the prisoners wish to speak with you."

"You're the guy? Who might you be?"

Ewwww.... Maybe

"Father, one of the prisoners wishes to speak with you."

"Hmm? Bring him here"(to Shon)(Shon retrieves Galagar)

"Who might you be?"(to Galagar)

Kevin takes no damage from anyone but the boss in Chap 4? Really? And can double things?

He needs nerfing.

I'm really amused by all the houses with annoyed people. Reminds me of Morrowind...

At least I wasn't forced to kill off the ballista dude.

I can understand short bow having 1-2 range, but a crit bonus as well? maybe remove the

bonus?

"There's never not enough death"->"Death without just cause is foolish" maybe?

Double negatives grind my gears.

Haas's left eye seems rather off as compared to his right eye.

A monk... named Arthur... I get the feeling his hair should be curly and orange...

Wait, why are the Hasan holed up in a castle? Aren't Sacaens supposed to be nomadic?

I get that we need a unit to deal with all the mages, but Arthur beating mages is silly.

Maybe make him a shaman? Speaking of which, why are there no dark magic users on the list

of recruitable characters? I know there is some antagonism against dark magic, but I've

always been fond of shamans. I know this is your hack, your rules, but why not include a

shaman? Especially right at this point in the game, where it makes sense...

I like that we can no longer stand on pillars, feels logical.

Marquess Caelin is also called Siegfried, unless I misread text? O_O

Does Storm really need so many awesome weapons?

How is a door key supposed to make me feel better? (house)

Thieves have a crit bonus? Cool.

Neither village closes after you visit them.

Why doesn't Althares just pick his way into the houses?

And his sprite needs to be less Colm-clone-like if I want to remember his name.

Also this chapter randomly says, "HI, MEET KILLER WEAPONS!!!!"

Difficulty ramping needs work. Prologue-Chap 4 were easy, Chap 5 was decent, and Chap 6

suddenly became rather difficult. (maybe I should have healed before charging into the

castle, but still!)

Stopping here because I need to do less fun things.

Hope this helps with the hack.

You have too much free time to be setting up a Kelik vs. Kelik with the new battle frame ._.

> Open up memory viewer

> click "save"

> put "0x48"

> click "load" and put it on the first entry of the enemy array

> Suspend... resume

> enjoy

Takes 30 seconds.

I read it all but I don't really have anything to say about your nitpicks/personal opinions, sadly.

@Rey it was a joke. But I'll take the blame anyway, it's hard to decipher what is and isn't a joke on the internet, especially when everyone's so serious

I like that we can no longer stand on pillars, feels logical.

I always just assumed that they hid behind the pillar, not stood on it, not that I have a problem with it in the hack. Blazer's hack he can do whatever he feels like. I'm just glad that we have great things like this being made.

Edited by HongLei

• 3 months later...

Since I can't delete and re-post and the mods refuse to answer my PMs, I'm just going to go bump this. >_>'

The main game is pretty much finished, I'm going back to do revamps/supports/graphics/portrait revamps/touch-ups/revamp the plot... did I mention I'm revampingn it?

Yeah, I can't really show anything because most of the stuff I've been working on is private stuff but I've been pretty much spending most of my free time on this, to say the least. Hopefully most everything I need for this to be ready for FEE3 will be... well, ready, though I really only have 2 weeks, so I'm going to be working at turbo speed again...

EDIT: oh yeah the reason why I'm posting is because this is slightly more major than the usual updates that I do on the blog so I figured I'd post it here... yeah

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Congrats Blazer now you can to me in Skype (?), let's hope the hack is as good as I expect it to be :D

No no, FEE3 is going to show the old stuff that's been revised/revamped

I can't give screens because I'd inevitably spoil stuff like the final maps, final boss(es?), and other-important-sensitive-final-chapter-info.

EDIT: I hate not being able to doublepost or delete my post and repost

BlazerPresents.PNGhmm...opening.PNG

NewMenuFont.PNGEnemyPhase.PNG

You can give yourself a cookie if you can spot the change in the second screenshot--take a guess and I'll let you know if you're right. XP

As usual the full rant (this time about why I'm going through and making a ton of graphical updates) is on the blog at http://tacticsuniverse.blogspot.com

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

hmm...opening.PNG

You can give yourself a cookie if you can spot the change in the second screenshot--take a guess and I'll let you know if you're right. XP

So this intro was written by a human politician? Also, is the palette different, or is that just the color right before things go all red and scary and shit?