The Last Promise

Crimson Red

dat one Anakin has high strength

Apologies if this has not been asked before, but why didn't I unlock the better Silvans? I completed all three aspects of the sidequest.

I don't know, I haven't had any problems reported with this in a while. The only things that would make sense are that you either didn't actually meet the sidequest requirements or that you did get the upgraded one but didn't notice it (though this is much less likely as on the first turn in chapter 22, the game tells you if you completed the sidequest...).

@Maggie the Cat please use spoilers when posting sensitive information regarding the game, including character stats

Also, pretty much every one of your characters looks like it got screwed, at least to some extent: are you just extremely unlucky or what? O_O you're going to hate the next few chapters when it looks like your entire team is subpar...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post the damned averages so i know how screwed

I performed all of the requirements; I didn't get the dialogue at the beginning of C22 either.

Shon ended up defeating Howard as well as fighting him--did that trigger it? Or the fact I recruited Howard?

This hack is pretty amazing. I love all the music changes you made, from all different types of games like Legend of Heroes, Tales of, Xenoblade, etc.!

Some stats, I used a lot of characters that people wouldn't normally use I guess. I try to use everybody in a game at least a bit so I was really underlevelled for the most part.

Lvl HP Str/Mag Skl Spd Def Res Lck

Anakin 20/20 47 20 27* 21 17 20 30* (Really good unit, loved motivate)

Kelik 20/20 57 27* 26 30* 16 22* 27 (Loved all the animation changes and a great character)

Shon 20/20 56 23 26 25 12 16 19 (Dunno if he got def screwed but it wasn't fun using him. Silvans was good though, and I used two angelic robes on him)

Tamiko 20/19 40 20 23 24 12 25 15 (Great healer, get her early and she gets an early promotion everytime)

Shuuda 16/14 46 22 27 26* 15 8 9 (His luck is abyssmal, but all of his other stats were so good that I kept him throughout the game, even though he was underlevelled)

Ace 18/14 51 21 19 26* 18 16 16 (Good tank, was on the verge of being str screwed for most of it though)

Itsuke 19/15 45 28* 26 26* 15 19 16 (Absolute monster, this guy was my man after Cia got screwed really badly)

Cia 19/14 41 20 17 26* 15 16 18 (Just turned out bad :/)

Tekun 20/13 50 25* 24 27 15 9 15 (Sick myrm, loved this guy. Great animations and his stats were balanced out well)

Zach 20/14 53 21 22 28* 15 11 15 (Zach was amazing, like Shinon-tier archer. His spd was ridiculously high and he turned out great)

Sai 19/16 54 29 22 21 20 9 25 (Not as good as Gary, but I think he has the potential. His defense is higher than Gary's and it seemed like he was going to max multitudes of stats)

Karina 20/16 57 24 27* 26 16 11 20 (Didn't use her too much, and she had bad levels until she promoted, then she got crazy. Low con though so it wasn't fun to use her when she was behind)

Storm 20/18 53 22 23 30* 18 8 22 (Another monster, I love me some bow users and this guy was great. Stormbringer made sure he didn't fall behind and his move+stats made him ridiculous)

Althares 20/18 46 20* 22 30* 12 11 17 (Great thief, good at fighting too. Got me some quick kills on the tankdruids too with lethality)

Emma 20/17 43 21 20 26 18 25 13 (Strange healer, lots of defenses and was pretty strong throughout. Would use her when I didn't use Tamiko, probably better)

Logan 20/14 48 17 29* 27 16 4 8 (Struggles with lowluck syndrome, but he wasn't too bad. Had weak str and I have big problems with that in games like these but usable)

Edited by Silverae

Itsuke and Cia are pretty neat later on due to caps, combat and basic healing.

And healing of any kind is a desired thing in stuff like ch26.

Oh, and Mark is pretty bro and Asch too.

Logan, Liquid and Sai go to the dispose bin, and Risk is filler.

Oh my god, chapter 25. I have about everybody at 20/5-ish and this place is a goddamn slaughterhouse. What can I do to avoid being murdalized in the first several turns, much less catching that early Thief?

I also presume the player phase music here is not working correctly. I come back from battle animations to hear drums and whatnot that sound like they're supposed to be the background instruments, but within 1 second they stop playing again.

Oh my god, chapter 25. I have about everybody at 20/5-ish and this place is a goddamn slaughterhouse. What can I do to avoid being murdalized in the first several turns, much less catching that early Thief?

I also presume the player phase music here is not working correctly. I come back from battle animations to hear drums and whatnot that sound like they're supposed to be the background instruments, but within 1 second they stop playing again.

Just try to avoid dealing with too many enemies at once. Play the map a few times to get to know how the reinforcements work and Get rid of the Thunderbolt Sage as soon as possible. As for the Ray Bishop, Have somebody tank his hits until he runs out before moving ahead.

@Maggie the Cat

I can't really know then, the only thing I could do is if you have a savestate before the beginning scene, I could check to see which requirement the game thinks didn't happen, but I have no idea why something you said you did wouldn't be rendered properly by the game when it works for everyone else... o_O

@Silverae

Thanks for the music compliments (I really had a lot of people help me on that, I mean I worked hard too but I couldn't have done anything alone), but I'd prefer if you don't post stats just yet, thanks. XP

Leave the thief if you're getting killed trying to beat him, I didn't put anything overly good in those two chests to the right IIRC, catching him is just an option. Take it slow and easy, making sure that if you DO divide your units into multiple groups, you should have a healer with each one. Reinforcements typically come from stair tiles.

It's all right, Shon still wrecks face. Once I play again I'll take more careful attention.

Also, a suggestion:

Change Haas/Arthur/Storm/Liquid's turn requirement for C21. I'm a casual player and I still beat it in six turns, and that's because I tried to stall. The boss shouldn't move, or be able to not die to everything. Or Team Haas should arrive earlier.

Finally finished it, omg that was sooooooo good. Just a few unit stats/feedback

FireEmblemGBA_01_zps52ee222c.png

I gave Anakin the Ether sphere and boots, this was by accident, I wasnt expecting to get the Ether. Anakin could have really used it, so I used the Sphere on him. He turned out amazing. That dodge rate was amazing. He charged Galagar's throne room by himself and managed to defeat all the enemies. In the beginning, he was pretty much a refresher. Once he got Alustrona, he started fucking shit up.

FireEmblemGBA_02_zps715bc2ba.png

Leon's blade sucked. Kelik gets doubled by Sieg if he tries to use it. Yeaaaaaaaah, no one else was attacking Holton, Kelik was the only one that could match him. Top tier, his caps are amazing as well.

FireEmblemGBA_03_zps1f4f3fe3.png

Emma was pretty fucking amazing this run. Awesome Mag, and speed. That luck could use work but all she was doing was spamming Libro from a distance. Fortify during the end helped a lot as well.

FireEmblemGBA_04_zpsff548902.png

To be honest, I was only using her for the triangle attack. She got doubled frequently, that strength was pretty amazing too.

FireEmblemGBA_05_zps5266b835.png

I looked at one of the posts above and someone send Innana is the second best

No

Innana is the best

Fuck off, she just is

FireEmblemGBA_06_zps9fdcb436.png

He started lagging behind towards the end, those damn paladin caps.

FireEmblemGBA_07_zps941595ff.png

I still dont know how to pronounce his last name. Endgame was pretty much Kelik/Shon/Anakin solo so he was pretty obsolete. Up until then, he was pretty good.

FireEmblemGBA_08_zps224d3683.png

Helped get rid of Louis with Leviathon. Pretty cool guy.

FireEmblemGBA_09_zps69ce24af.png

I like fliers, Ben turned out pretty great.

FireEmblemGBA_10_zps6b84a1fb.png

Not better than Innana, Innana is still goddess.

FireEmblemGBA_11_zpse77831dc.png

If only those tomes didnt weight so much...

FireEmblemGBA_12_zps6b5218bb.png

Gary. Fucks. Shit. Up.

FireEmblemGBA_13_zpsad59e564.png

Seig and Galagar bait. Lolz, nothing can touch him.

FireEmblemGBA_15_zps627f23ca.png

Silvans weighs too much, his dodge rate sucks.

FireEmblemGBA_16_zpsff9d2cd2.png

Its like Innana and Lirin balancing out. Aha.

I'm on Ch.27 and my god its difficult! It may be because I don't have the proper team but then again I'm happy with them. I've been having my usual bad luck streak by getting hit by low accuracies and then getting killed by another low accuracies and my high ones missing while the lows hit. My characters are turning out good but my bad luck still seems to be the same. I'll post pics of my team once I beat the game so we can compare how well they did to others.

So whilst continuing my 2nd playthrough it's time for more unit opinions! Since I didn't use either of these characters first playthrough, I'm having quite a fun time with them. Presenting today's contestants: Althares and Zach!

Zach: So right now I have him at 20/2 and I have a suspend on Chapter 22. He reminds me of a slightly watered down Shinon, and by that, I mean holy dear god this man is a beast. He's got 15 str, and skill and spd at 21 and 22 repsectively I think, defenses to take a hit if need be, and why does he have so much hp?! Mine has 46 at 20/2. I applaud you Blazer for actually being able to make a GOOD Archer without making them ridiculous. Slap a Rifle-type bow on this man or a short bow(or a silver bow, whatever you prefer), and watch the hp go DOOWWWWWWWWN. My only real issue is the fact that unless he has a Short Bow equipped, he still has no Enemy Phase, but at least his massive hp for an Archer and his defenses make up for that fact. All in all: If you can train him, DO IT. You won't regret it.

Althares: So he's sitting out for Ch. 22 as he's level 20 there. He's got 17 str, 18 skill, and capped speed, with a decent amount of luck, 10 defense, and 3 res. He reminds me a LOT of Colm, and that's fitting since his old mug was a splice of him, and I think his palette is really similar. Unbeknownst to me on my first playthrough, he has a 15% crit boost, which means he'll usually have at least 10 crit whenever he attacks, and on Chapter 21, he was able to do at least 13 damage to pretty much every unit there, while not taking many hits himself, as a thief should. Provided, he CAN take one hit, thanks to his 10 defense and his 31 hp on my Althares. This means you can stick him on a forest, or some other avoid boosting tile, and watch as even Paladins have trouble hitting this tricky thief. And if there's that one enemy who has maybe just a bit to much hp for Althares to ORKO them, he'll most likely be able too due to that 15% crit boost. All in all: Same with Zach really, you can't go wrong with this guy(provided you don't get RNG screwed I mean). Slap a killing edge on him and watch the enemies fall.

One more thing: Emma STILL confounds me. That feeling when your 20/3 Troubadour has the same defense as your 20/5 Wyvern Lord(Karina in this case). They both have 15 defense. Dear god Emma your stats make NO SENSE TO ME. Yay for non-conformist units though!

I'm on Ch.27 and my god its difficult! It may be because I don't have the proper team but then again I'm happy with them. I've been having my usual bad luck streak by getting hit by low accuracies and then getting killed by another low accuracies and my high ones missing while the lows hit. My characters are turning out good but my bad luck still seems to be the same. I'll post pics of my team once I beat the game so we can compare how well they did to others.

If your really desperate to get Galagar out of the way, go inside the first treasure room and lure one of the enemies nearby the throne. He'll then decide to go to the throne and stay there.

Edited by Richter Abend

Just a quick heads-up that the Let's Play is finished and people are free to upload videos of the end-game and whatnot without me bugging them. But still, please don't post spoilers of the game without using spoiler tags. If you don't have this option, either avoid posting spoilers or make it EXTREMELY obvious you're posting spoilers and try to avoid hurting people with sensitive information that may ruin their experience.

This is not for me, this is just general kind of behavior that's nice to see when discussing ANY game. Even when the game's been out for a while, one should just be a bit careful not to ruin the game for people who haven't played it by saying what will happen in the future. Surprise is a huge element of many games, and it's not fair to take that away from others! (IMO!)

With videos, just warn people who watch your videos that there's spoilers in the description or something, though with a title like "Finale: Part 3" in a video it should be pretty obvious there are going to be spoilers >____>'

Thank you and have a great day.

EDIT: P.S. I'm now accepting screenshots of late-game (Chapter 22 and after) for a special montage of screenshots that will be hidden under special spoiler tags (essentially, just so people can see late-game in case they never want to actually play the hack, or if people want to look at 240x160 screenshots of the game for some obscure reason XD)

Edited by soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm

Based on the tile background this looks like chapter 24

I personally haven't encountered it

I won't deny that it's possible that it happened though since they probably move before you see them in the Fog of War and all

anyhow just confirm where the error is and I can note it for the next patch

@Animefan it's possible, I honestly can't remember and there were so many bugfixes between v1.0 and v1.2 that I didn't even make a proper changelog

@Shugey you're free to, just use spoiler tags please ^_^ much appreciated (also anything past chapter 21 is pretty much fair game I think)

@Juice el Savior what does TLP even have to do with FE4 I don't even know even I haven't gotten past the prologue of FE4, it was WAY too boring...