Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

I don't think so, I've already been a bit of a "super-being" by killing the guy in the alley earlier, and frankly unlike Helios Reika isn't stupid enough to attack a group of guards :P I mean we're a mage and thief for christs sake, if we were say a Armored Knight and Mercenary/Myrm I'd consider it, but I just don't see Reika risking her life to help a mage (or anyone else). And due to her past she sort of has a phobia/dislike towards guards. So I'm going to power-play the entire village XD (See RP thread)

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I don't think so, I've already been a bit of a "super-being" by killing the guy in the alley earlier, and frankly unlike Helios Reika isn't stupid enough to attack a group of guards :P I mean we're a mage and thief for christs sake, if we were say a Armored Knight and Mercenary/Myrm I'd consider it, but I just don't see Reika risking her life to help a mage (or anyone else). And due to her past she sort of has a phobia/dislike towards guards. So I'm going to power-play the entire village XD (See RP thread)

I find your manipulativeness pretty deliciously evil frankly :P

Well,atleast the helios issue seems to be settled...

As for the company,I had planned to drop them pretty early on,of course. (lol,100+ NPC's following my orders,I would litteraly kill every boss before it could make a move).

I'll take any ideas on how to part with them,but it wouldn;t make sense for an officer to not start with soldiers,at least.

Well...it looks like Damian and Reika won't get along to well... *sigh*

I've put atleast a temporary stop to your shenanigans,but I know enough of you to be wary,Nadesico... >_>

Just to clarify Ether, I didn't pick on Damian because you control him :P I just figured judging by Reika's past I'd make her not like guards, it's easier to roleplay since I myself don't really like authority that much. I still hold a grudge against that police officer for accusing me of doing drugs cause my "eyes are thin" >_> I'm bloody asian I apologize that my frickin eyes aren't huge like yours >_> Anyway ranting aside, I'm not really fond of the idea of everyone getting together and being chummy, conflict=entertainment in these types of things and the last thing I want is to be in a war/fantasy RP where everyone acts like they're at a formal english tea party. It's really up to you how you respond to Reika's attitude but at the very least I can easily forsee a mutual dislike between Aiya and Reika, not sure how Damian will act, probably like a friendly old goofball :P Either way, time to go scheme some other evil plan XD

That said, I don't mean to boss you around or take over control but you might want to hold back on Damians perception skills. Assuming he'd been trained to somehow tell Crimson Wielders apart from normal people, I find it kind of hard to imagine someone knowing a bandit on sight. Since essentially they're mercenaries that don't play the rules. You've enforced and validated that he was a bandit with the "tattoo" but bandit come in all shapes and builds, furthermore I don't really see bandits all having a "bandits tattoo" assuming bandits do mark themselves with tattoo's I'd imagine they'd be different from faction to faction, and the idea of a all-round tattoo labeling bandits is.... pushing it.

I also find it hard to believe a fear sticken village would suddenly calm down just after seeing a few bandits. I agree with your morals ideology, but just as bandits pillage, soldiers take over as a new authoritarian body. (occupational force) So it wouldn't make them all suddenly trust the soldiers.

I'd just like to state seperately that I'm not attacking you, (despite what it looks like XD If you know me then you know this is just the way I am) I'm just critically pointing out things I thought are a bit.... off? I'm not demanding you change it, I don't want you to, but this is a feedback thread after all, and while Snowy's the creator, essentially, we're all the writers.

Edited by Nadesico

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is a massacre :/ (go figure, right? XD) I mean, if the company of soldiers don't travel with the main group what do they do? I doubt you're willing to make Damian and Aiya discard their military duties for personal interest (crimson weapons) so the Duke needs to be dealt with one way or another. (He can be pressumed dead and return later I suppose)

Alternatively I suppose you can have Halton give Damian specific orders to keep an eye on the Crimson Wielders, but that kind of puts Damian in a.... well dislikable position. Soldiers are so hard to deal with :/ Whatever you choose I don't see a way Damian can retain his.... position(?) and go with the group. (Not without his entourage coming along with the Wielders anyway)

Just to clarify Ether, I didn't pick on Damian because you control him :P I just figured judging by Reika's past I'd make her not like guards, it's easier to roleplay since I myself don't really like authority that much. I still hold a grudge against that police officer for accusing me of doing drugs cause my "eyes are thin" >_> I'm bloody asian I apologize that my frickin eyes aren't huge like yours >_> Anyway ranting aside, I'm not really fond of the idea of everyone getting together and being chummy, conflict=entertainment in these types of things and the last thing I want is to be in a war/fantasy RP where everyone acts like they're at a formal english tea party. It's really up to you how you respond to Reika's attitude but at the very least I can easily forsee a mutual dislike between Aiya and Reika, not sure how Damian will act, probably like a friendly old goofball :P Either way, time to go scheme some other evil plan XD

That said, I don't mean to boss you around or take over control but you might want to hold back on Damians perception skills. Assuming he'd been trained to somehow tell Crimson Wielders apart from normal people, I find it kind of hard to imagine someone knowing a bandit on sight. Since essentially they're mercenaries that don't play the rules. You've enforced and validated that he was a bandit with the "tattoo" but bandit come in all shapes and builds, furthermore I don't really see bandits all having a "bandits tattoo" assuming bandits do mark themselves with tattoo's I'd imagine they'd be different from faction to faction, and the idea of a all-round tattoo labeling bandits is.... pushing it.

I also find it hard to believe a fear sticken village would suddenly calm down just after seeing a few bandits. I agree with your morals ideology, but just as bandits pillage, soldiers take over as a new authoritarian body. (occupational force) So it wouldn't make them all suddenly trust the soldiers.

I'd just like to state seperately that I'm not attacking you, (despite what it looks like XD If you know me then you know this is just the way I am) I'm just critically pointing out things I thought are a bit.... off? I'm not demanding you change it, I don't want you to, but this is a feedback thread after all, and while Snowy's the creator, essentially, we're all the writers.

Well,the crimson weapon thing is just simply that,basically every time things like these show up,they are generally drawn to one another.Having a father who created the damn things is a plus,since he would be naturally attuned to the things anyway.

As for the bandit,what I was thinking of was that,a trained military officer,in a time period where Bandit raids are not only common,but are the most prominent threat in the current time(I went so far as to specifically point out in my first post that Damian worried about bandits,and would prefer to be searching for them,implying that he has experience with bandits)

Damian has dealt with bandits before,and they would have certain mannerisms,that would be easy to spot if you knew what to look for,and were looking for it.Damian obviously wanted to figure out what was going on,so he would be looking for bandits foremost.

Most bandits have some sort of tattoo or something to identify themselves with eachother,so they would not kill their own.Damian would know to look for one of these to prove himself,as almost any bandit will have some kind of mark identifying their clan.

As for the villagers reaction,which would you side with as a villager? The soldiers who have offered to drive out the bandits,and haven't done anything aside from speculation(driven by bandits),or the bandits that tried to get you to fight the soldiers,and are commonly known to rape/pillage/kill you? Come what may,but atleast you have a chance with the soldiers.

Any other questions/comments?

I kind of assumed that the Crimson Weapons gave off a pretty distinctive vibe, assuming that the weapon itself is sight. At least the people who know there are other weapons (Damien and Morgan) should be able to identify them, other people perhaps not so much.

However, I doubt there is necessarily a method for telling the wieder apart from normal people, assuming that they don't use the weapon. It's why Morgan recognized Damien and Esphyr, but did not recognize Reika.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I think of it like an odd vibe,of sorts.Because you have a weapon of your own,you can identify this vibe,and place it that the other person also has a crimson weapon.Besides,they made these things to fight demons,so they would want them to find eachother,so the wielders aren;t picked off because they couldn't find eachother.

Hmm, that's a point of concern for me, I wouldn't mind if it was more like "I sense Crimson vibes nearby, someone here has a Crimson Weapon" but the scenario thus far has been something along the lines of, "Hey hundreds of people, I sense vibes from.... that one, they have it!!!!" I kind of saw a link between a Shaman's powers and Demon Lord weapons, so no real issue there, both are in the magical field, I honestly had forgotten Damians father was the blacksmith so I guess your statement is more then plausible. Though I don't see why the father just wouldn't tell you where the weapons are, I mean he was a part of the giving away of them surely, though I guess he could be dead and not able to respond to such questions XD

I thought about the bandit identification in that way at first too, but bandit aren't a type of people, it's an occupation. I assume when most people think of bandits they think of the FE's axe wielding big muscle men, but the Sacaean Nomads could be bandits as well, Just need to shift contracting mercenary work to, pillaging and taking by force, a scenario I don't think would be too uncommon, I mean mercenaries are abundant and at the "quest shop" the only thing available was a wolf hunt, and there wasn't any other work there. While I agree that bandit=axe wielding big man, I think it's.... uncreative to make that an defining characteristic. So mannerism, well maybe as a coincidence this time, but I wouldn't think it's a strong enough indicator to go upto someone and rip their shirt each time.

As for which would I side with? Neither, soldiers aren't angels, there's good ones and bad ones. And in troubled times, trusting authority isn't always the best choice, mind you they're outside Halton so they're not even in an area under their jurisdiction, and since each nation is having internal law enforcement issues I'd think a bunch of soldiers wandering around in the wild to be.... suspicious, to say the least. With weakened nations now would be an opportune time to expand ones borders don't you think? That said I wouldn't side with bandits, no.

I find the bandit standing around and letting you rip his clothes a bit... nyeh, plus the fact it miraculously unvealing the tattoo a bit of a stretch, I mean, if I was up to no good and a strange man (nevermind the fact he's an authorital figure) came running towards me I'd either fight back/resist or at least run. It's all good though, we all have to make things go the way we want to.

Besides,they made these things to fight demons

I'd like to challenge that, the weapons were built by the blacksmith (Damians father?) but the raw materials he used were Crystalised Hellfire and light magic. I refuse to believe that the intentions of the Crimson Weapons is to soley fight demons. Plus, they eat at your HP!!! Demon/Cursed blades for sure

Edited by Nadesico

IIRC,they were developed to seal the demonic energies and be used as insurance were they to rise again,so they would certaintly be a preferable weapon to use.

As for the bandits,I suppose that is true,but no one is perfect.I'll try to keep such things in mind for the future,but it's too late now.Still,out of anyone,Damian,as an officer,would be the more likely candidate to identify one.

By any chance,are you enjoying shoving my face into the ground?

By any chance,are you enjoying shoving my face into the ground?

Of course ;) Why else would I be doing this? :P

Though I guess you win this round, it's a bit hard for even myself to tell an old man he can't trust his grandson, and I don't really feel like demanding proof with either my "old man" or Reika since it's not their place to demand such proof. You win this one, but you can't have two granfather!!! You remember this!!! *Runs off in a typical villainy fashion* Nicely played though

Anyway, as I said I don't want you to change your posts this time, or any other time. I just thought that discussion here would be fun umm nice, to maintain activity in regards to the RP.

As for the Crimson weapons, I'm not convinced, you're right, they were developed as "mighty weapons to be used against the Lord of Azure Flame and his followers should he ever break loose". However the raw material remains as hellfire, or the demon lords connection to hell. Whatever it is, I don't think it's friendly,

The blacksmith "shattered the crystals before they could rip apart the emblem through their immense pressure". This seems to indicate that the crystals, the raw materials for the crimson weapons weren't a mechanism of sealing the Demon Lord but a last ditch effort by the demon king to break free. I'm not really sure what Snowy had in mind but the idea of a blacksmith using light magic is.... weird. And I doubt he could truly neutralise crystalised fragments of hell. Even if he was aided by say several renowned Light mages (likely) I'd still think they'd lack the power needed to keep it neutralised forever.

Also while reading the paragraph I noticed

"demonic remnants stole what weapons they could and hid them away within children, hoping that they would be capable of hiding them until they could gather their forces once again to break the emblem."

So again, if the vibes are so easy to distinguish I don't see why they'd do that. Though on the contrary it does explain why the blacksmith would teach Damian how to distinguish the crimson weapons I suppose.

Important: How do you expect myself or anyone else to continue the RP? I mean, it's fine for those who can ignore the mayor, but I can't exactly control him and say "Wait, no, you're not my grandson" can I? And obviously I don't have any information regarding Clarissa. So nyeh, do something! XD

Edited by Nadesico

Of course ;) Why else would I be doing this? :P

Though I guess you win this round, it's a bit hard for even myself to tell an old man he can't trust his grandson, and I don't really feel like demanding proof with either my "old man" or Reika since it's not their place to demand such proof. You win this one, but you can't have two granfather!!! You remember this!!! *Runs off in a typical villainy fashion* Nicely played though

Anyway, as I said I don't want you to change your posts this time, or any other time. I just thought that discussion here would be fun umm nice, to maintain activity in regards to the RP.

As for the Crimson weapons, I'm not convinced, you're right, they were developed as "mighty weapons to be used against the Lord of Azure Flame and his followers should he ever break loose". However the raw material remains as hellfire, or the demon lords connection to hell. Whatever it is, I don't think it's friendly,

The blacksmith "shattered the crystals before they could rip apart the emblem through their immense pressure". This seems to indicate that the crystals, the raw materials for the crimson weapons weren't a mechanism of sealing the Demon Lord but a last ditch effort by the demon king to break free. I'm not really sure what Snowy had in mind but the idea of a blacksmith using light magic is.... weird. And I doubt he could truly neutralise crystalised fragments of hell. Even if he was aided by say several renowned Light mages (likely) I'd still think they'd lack the power needed to keep it neutralised forever.

Also while reading the paragraph I noticed

"demonic remnants stole what weapons they could and hid them away within children, hoping that they would be capable of hiding them until they could gather their forces once again to break the emblem."

So again, if the vibes are so easy to distinguish I don't see why they'd do that. Though on the contrary it does explain why the blacksmith would teach Damian how to distinguish the crimson weapons I suppose.

Important: How do you expect myself or anyone else to continue the RP? I mean, it's fine for those who can ignore the mayor, but I can't exactly control him and say "Wait, no, you're not my grandson" can I? And obviously I don't have any information regarding Clarissa. So nyeh, do something! XD

Well,there is my grandfather on my father's side...

Hmm...though you make a good point on the crimson weapons I guess,you also pointed out something important for me,as Damian having the crimson lance makes it obvious that he would be chosen by the creator to learn how to identify them.And knowing the identities of the other wielders is even more advantageous in that case.

As for Reika,I guess she'll have to suck it up for now,and with bandits coming,she'll have something to do as a fighter of sorts.Snowy and Cynthia can pretty easily show up and discuss the weapons,heck,Reika could do that as well with her daggers,I'm content with Damian/Aiya not picking her face out of the crowd. you're sly enough,I'm sure you can think of something. bandit preparations can keep anyone occupied,since it seems kinda important,afterall.

Oww Poo, fine I'll suck it up Though if you feel a dagger thrust in between the gaps in your armor it's probably me But I suppose Snowy won't let me kill of his players so I'll be good and kill of your soldiers instead then!

That aside, I think it's best to leave the Crimson Weapons in terms of plot to Snowy since it seems to be an essential plot tool. Though due to your close relation to the CW I guess Snowy will PM you any details you need to know sooner or later, all the rest of us can do is simply question what the hell these pretty red shiny toys are.

Don't mind throwing me in the deep end, I figure it'd be more fun to worm out of something then have everything go my way, and I sure as hell aren't withholding myself from cornering people. I mean, due to my unneccessarry whining, we now know about a dead sister, that he's a cry baby, and that his grandpapa is the mayor of some remote backwater hole of a village XD

Oww Poo, fine I'll suck it up Though if you feel a dagger thrust in between the gaps in your armor it's probably me But I suppose Snowy won't let me kill of his players so I'll be good and kill of your soldiers instead then!

That aside, I think it's best to leave the Crimson Weapons in terms of plot to Snowy since it seems to be an essential plot tool. Though due to your close relation to the CW I guess Snowy will PM you any details you need to know sooner or later, all the rest of us can do is simply question what the hell these pretty red shiny toys are.

Don't mind throwing me in the deep end, I figure it'd be more fun to worm out of something then have everything go my way, and I sure as hell aren't withholding myself from cornering people. I mean, due to my unneccessarry whining, we now know about a dead sister, that he's a cry baby, and that his grandpapa is the mayor of some remote backwater hole of a village XD

Tch...do you make this stuff up as you go along,or is your mind really hardwired to piss people off?sorry that someone can get emotional when their dead family comes up...

I don't think there are any particular rules against us killing each other.

Personally, Morgan isn't going to use lethal force on any Crimson Weapon Wielder, though knocking them out and tying them up is a possibility (if Esphyr doesn't cooperate, this could happen).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Well,chances are that it wouldn;t be a deathblow.PC's are surprisingly resilient,afterall.

Not in one hit certainly, though one must fall eventually.

People tended not to invest much in Lck either, so most people aren't getting up after going down (unless they took Miracle).

Wow, all that effort and all I needed was to call his crying "cry baby" XD

As for your question I make stuff up as I go :P

If it was a real person I'd act a bit more.... well just a bit differently, but in the RP scenario, I find death nothing more then a useful tool.

Anyway, battles have started and I have no idea what's going on, are we supposed to roll the die's ourselves? O_o Or do we just post some short paragraph about us attacking a bandit?

Edit: Guess we role ourselves then :/ So easy to cheat it's funny XD

Edited by Nadesico

There's no rule saying you CAN'T kill an opposing player... but you need to have their permission. It sucks to have someone kill off a character.

As for the Crimson weapons, I will provide details as they become relevant. For now, what info I gave in the sign-up should be enough. Just remember that most of them have been given to their owners by demons trying to hide them.

Hmmm, killing aside how about fighting? I guess Damian(or Aiya) and Reika are the most likely to go into a PvP match at the moment but unlike bandits I really can't imagine people playing fair in such circumstances (Npc's people probably won't cheat unless they're being dealt a lethal blow). The world blows when you have to rely on the honesty of people XD Since it's like relying on a paddle boat to take you around the world, possible (is it?) but hardly unlikely XD

Also wandering, what's the wait time? I think I recall you saying something about attacking more then one opponent at once but it might of been someone else. Either way it'd be unfair for 2~3 people to take all the kills. But waiting for everyone to have posted can sometimes take forever and a bit.