Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Hmm, supports? It's not a bad idea but I'm wandering what would increase support level assuming lvl4 (C/B/A/S) is the max. I mean since we don't stand next to character A for 50 odd turns. And if it's really workable to have people with constantly active stat boosts. (It's just more stats but since it's unlikely people will wipe out their own characters the only reason it'd change is if they switch to another support bonus.

Either way, my concern would be how it levels/achieved, not too sure about 0.5+ either since it's equal to 0 during C and A. And due to the lack of levels (Think there was 5 or something) it might be possible to make it 1+ Per support. That way the final boss won't have similar stats to the bandit just defeated XD

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I kind of assumed it would be based off of whether you had an extensive conversation with that character or not, which would of ourse rely on you traveling together as well. Proabbly there should be some sort of logical limit to how much "support" you would be giving out.

The boosts are only active if the characters are near each other, so it might not always be active

Edited by -Cynthia-

I pass out while typing because I have a low tolerance to drugs. While don't do anything, my neighbors on the other hand... Well... It's very likely.

Anywho, awake now and going to read up on the topic and get a post up.

I would be willing to implement supports. I actually planned to in the original draft. However, in some other RP's that have had similar relationship-reward systems, they degenerated into sex-fests. If you promise to at least keep it from becoming a debauchery, I would be willing to put them in.

I don't really foresee that happening with this group. I would think you would be authority on whether a relationship "leveled up" or not anyway.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If that's your concern then it's probably safe to implement it, I don't know about that other RP but alot of people actually care about how their character is presented and sleeping around and being "slutty" isn't exactly a positive or desirable representation. I suppose people could hint at being in a relationship, but it could probably be hinted at and not actually RP'ed out >_>

I can't see it happening anyway I know Ether has more sense then that, and Cynthia seems to be in the same boat, you're the one worried about such a degeneration, ______'s character doesn't seem the type, and Kai/Phoenix seem a bit quiet anyway. As for me, I could play along with such "sex-fests" but wouldn't throw my character in XD

Well, I personally plan on sexing up every single character. Multiple times.

Just kidding.

I dont see supports working out too well in this RP since they'd basically just be random stat boosts added at the discretion of each player. We have no way of determining whether someone is in range other than "A moved next to B and got a lot stronger!" and as for turn counts, lol.

if that is the main worry,you don't need to worry about me anyway.I'm surprised Tsuki said so,but i do have more sense than that.As for bonuses being in range,it would probably be in effect so long as they are fighting together,so to speak,it's not like they need to be right next to eachother. As for bonuses,you could do it FE10 style where .5's round up for supports,instead of increasing the bonus.

Anyway,if this gets in,I suppose we would do some kind of support convo,so I'll make one up for Damian/Aiya if we choose to use them.

If we do decide to implement this,Aiya is Fire affinity and Damian is thunder.

Though my questions never seem to get answered I'll ask here, what's 0HP in a PvP battle which doesn't allow death? Unconscious seems to be the prevailing theory, but it still means you're not moving around or talking, (nothing to RP) I guess the character in question could wake up, but if they received a normally "fatal" blow, I'd assume it'd take longer then a few seconds for them to regain consciousness.

As for supports I'd probably go "Fire" too.

I knew I'd be the first to have PvP initiated against them

I hate you Ether, but that doesn't change fact, alternatively I could say you're a sex addict and need to be kept tied down, but I doubt anyone would believe it

I'd say it's unconsciousness.I know that's what Cynthia was aiming for anyway,so even if it was possible without your permission,it's probably still only be a KO.

Well,you are a special kind of person,Tsuki.

Heh,and here I thought you just held a slight disdain for me,ah well,optimism leads to dissapointment,I suppose

I hate mankind, so for as long as you're human, I hate j00! /emo'ness

Is Kelas an archer now? I mean Morgan stole her horse and I can't imagine a freaked out horse staying put, and the horse finding it's way back to it's owner is even more unlikely (someone would probably steal it in such a poor village XD)Ah well guess _____ will have to start their next post looking for their mount XD

I think this is the first RP I've seen which has a cavalier/nomad/mounted units have their mount stolen by another player XD Been cases where the mount dies and the owner buys a new one, but stealing Kelas's horse seriously made me laugh

Edited by Nadesico

Foolish Mortals! Did you think I'd only play my village riot card once? Looking forward to how you worm out of this one. *Had been planning the second riot right after the first one failed* Love you Cynthia;) Gave me so much material to work with, Specially grateful on how you took the bait with the horse, I admit I didn't expect you to be the one to do it specifically, but I was hoping someone would ride the horse through town. (You mentioning Morgans lack of control over the horse was especially useful since even if you calmed the horse, you'd still need to ride through the crowd, and lack of control is all the more reason for it to hurt someone)Originally the idea of stealing the horse was mine, but I figured it'd be more fun to let someone else do it.

I was cooperative on killing the soldiers for a reason Ether XD And I'm glad you didn't respond to the death of the Mayor or I might have needed to wait a bit longer to play this card XD

Special thanks to Mike for approaching with his "sword in hand" was hoping one of you would question Morgan/Aiya's actions, but brandishing a weapon works too XD

Wasn't really planning on attacking them or anything, but when everyone is bleeding and something crazy obviously went down, it seemed like a good idea to be prepared for anything XD

Edited by messy mike

I knew you weren't going to engage them in battle, I tried that and look what happened to me XD What matters is the gesture, and either way I would have had some young man(villager) voice his objection and the rest follow anyway. You've already had a friendly(?) chat with Aiya so the probability of you attacking on sight was unlikely anyway. In an extreme case the most I could hope for is you stating your disapproval, but as I said, walking upto then with a weapon works. XD

On an unrelated note I just discovered one of my dice (red/atk) is a flawed product. The numbers are printed on funny, my other dice, If I take the "two" with the the left side down, and right side up. I get a 1 On the left, and a 6 on the right, however on my attack dice I get a 4 on the left and a three on the right.

Foolish Mortals! Did you think I'd only play my village riot card once? Looking forward to how you worm out of this one. *Had been planning the second riot right after the first one failed* Love you Cynthia;) Gave me so much material to work with, Specially grateful on how you took the bait with the horse, I admit I didn't expect you to be the one to do it specifically, but I was hoping someone would ride the horse through town. (You mentioning Morgans lack of control over the horse was especially useful since even if you calmed the horse, you'd still need to ride through the crowd, and lack of control is all the more reason for it to hurt someone)Originally the idea of stealing the horse was mine, but I figured it'd be more fun to let someone else do it.

I was cooperative on killing the soldiers for a reason Ether XD And I'm glad you didn't respond to the death of the Mayor or I might have needed to wait a bit longer to play this card XD

Special thanks to Mike for approaching with his "sword in hand" was hoping one of you would question Morgan/Aiya's actions, but brandishing a weapon works too XD

I actually like how it all turned out, pretty entertaining all in all (and I got your loot lol). Though I would not necessarily say Morgan wouldn't atatck villagers. She's not nearly as upstanding as Damian/Michael/Aira and she's very ornery at this point.

Aww poo, I was hoping I'd get complaints about how I kept messing things up, and was starting to think of a counter argument based on how you should be writing a fanfic/story instead XD Ah well, I can't say I'm surprised to discover Morgan capable of attacking innocent(?) civilians but that's what I have Aiya and Damian for XD At least according to my understanding of your characters, Aiya should step in and stop Morgan should something like that happen, though I guess it's possible for her to lose her temper and join in the slaughter. What would happen to our "heroes" then? XD Wanted criminals on the run? And how would Damian respond to his deputy slaughtering civilians? Nyeh, probably follow the flow of the former so I guess I shouldn't get too excited.

Maybe I should have them start throwing rocks at Morgan to eg her on? XD

I kind of doubt the villagers are actually going to be that bold. They're unarmed people(mostly), Aiya and Michael are holding swords, and they just saw Morgan ride through town and blast a girl. Not to mention the town has just lost a significant portion of its population to bandits, I don't really think they're in a fighting mood.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Hmmm I considered that, but if you think of it in reverse they're upset over their loss and angry at Morgan for riding the pony through a crowded street, while they're ungrateful little bastards XD they're also acknowledge that the soldiers and Morgan (and others) saved them from the bandits, and don't think she'll attack the people she just protected.

Either way I agree over the shoving part, probably went too far there, got carried away with the joy of everything working out so well. I could change it to them throwing rocks (as stated above) which protesters tend to do anyway.

I don't know if they lost a significant portion of the towns people, I only stated that a flank of soldiers had fallen letting in a few bandits but unlike FE, civilians fight back, (mind you they do no damage XD) so I wouldn't think too many died, a few dozen maybe, (not sure about the population count of the city) but it was in the time it took the rest of you to kill 2 or 3 bandits so the casualties can't be that severe.

I guess my post was based on the towns-people being upset and angry and wanting someone to blame for their loss, while your valid response focus on them grieving and coming to terms with their loss.

Note: They're not attacking Michael, or I didn't intend them too, I was using Michael as an (unwilling) symbol of disapproval towards Morgan/Aiya, and they kind of hold him in revere for killing the bandit leader. (They recognise him the same way they recognise a soldier that killed the enemy general in battle, people might respect him for his actions, but they wouldn't look at the other soldiers (who fought but only killed other soldiers) in the same respect.)

But as you did in your post, a quick threat and they'll calm down, they're angry, but their fear is stronger then anger XD

Note: Shoving fixed to rock+Onion throwing, I know it's Snowy's idea, but that onion, or rather Onions are going to be appearing frequently in this RP as long as I'm around XD

Edited by Nadesico

I think it all worked out in a pretty reasonable way, I just didn't want to have "Villager Swarm/Mass Suicide!" on our hands given the situation.

I think the real question is: where do we go from here? I think we've exhausted Darien at this point, so "the party" will have to find some new stomping grounds. Also, any character than hasn't joined the party (Reika, Helios, Irina, Kelas) either will have to join, find some reason to follow the same path, or just do their own thing.

Edited by -Cynthia-