• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Aye. She did. Looks like I over-reacted. Still, please go back and ensure you did factor in their skills. Additionally, all the bandits in group A are 'dispersed'. You can still challenge them, but no EXP will be awarded for any kills that happened after the bandit leader fell. I need to find some way to make the baddies tougher and more strategic. I could give you my werewolf fight, but that's proven to be a unbalanced as hell battle that's killed RP's before.

Things would be tougher if we had to fight all the generics to get to the boss, rather than killing the boss getting rid of all the generics.

We also got pretty lucky overall.

Considering the sequence of events here, Nadesico should get to make a move before Michael or Ian come back (unless one of them is Sonic the Hedgehog or something).

Too bad she's gone.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Okay. I want to wrap this chapter up by tomorrow night so I can get a summery done for Chapter 2.

And while I don't know if Morgan and Esphyr are going to be C-supports, they should defiantly at least try to converse when Morgan is not grievously wounded.

And while I don't know if Morgan and Esphyr are going to be C-supports, they should defiantly at least try to converse when Morgan is not grievously wounded.

With the agreement to destroy Esphyr's sword (sort of), the talk about demons, and the life-saving, we are getting there.

Please; if you desire to write a minor summery for your characters, please do so so that I can post it. I'm going to be focused on the 'main' story with my post, and will likely only mention the actual PC's in passing. I'm not going to require it or force you to do so; just be understanding if you don't and I miss you due to swampage.

XD Though I'm not exactly sure what money is used for, considering the limited items available. Morgan stole my gold and vuln's earlier too, so I guess I'll have 8 gold only :P

I'm really confused over the battle that occurred. And am actually not quite sure if this system works if a army of bandits can be defeated overnight (during the course of one RL day) You're either going to have to make restrictions on killing (Not attacking multiple enemies) or tripling the enemy numbers. I'm not really upset over not getting any kills, but this isn't rewarding participation but more of a flood of attack posts. And it'll leave to differences in characters, (Kelas hasn't killed anything yet has she? Nearly one bandit which she got creditted for but other then that... x)

I'm not bored enough to go over the posts and check but was there really only that many bandits? Seemed like there wasn't enough battle posts to have taken out the number, but again, I haven't counted and can't be bothered.

@Kai, probably best to finish our conversation in chapter 1 before moving to chapter 2 to maintain consistency, I don't see a need to start a fresh chapter with a conversation which will end soon. Plus, I think we should get out of the flaming town before it kills both of us before starting a new chapter XD

Edited by Nadesico

The battle seemed short because in Group A Phoenix and I gangbanged the leader and the rest ran. There were only about 4 in Group B/C, so they could be taken care of fairly quickly.

Edited by -Cynthia-

You gangbanged, or were gangbanged? jk XD

Ah, that explains it, just thought it looked funny, I saw a post saying they'd fled but I didn't literally think it was a battle note (thought it was in plot only and they'd have to be defeated later) Thanks for clearing that up.

@Snowy: Can you start a chapter with a note on the bottom of each post listing participants? It's really a pain going through signup each time I wonder if we've missed anyone.

Esphyr

Damian

Aiya

Morgan

Irina

Isotov

Michael

Helios

Mark

Ian?

Kelas

Reika

Rayton

I get the feeling I'm forgetting someone :/ Nyeh Don't bother with Dalton and Jones since they're really there as enemies and aren't really "characters" in the sense everyone else is.

Edited by Nadesico

I understand. Which is why I'm going to impose a 1-kill per post rule for now as well as putting some more limitations on available targets. I'm trying my hardest to overcome the experience gap that I have and am listening to any/all advise.

Also, there's a list of buyable items in the notes section. Just make sure it doesn't suddenly pop into existence and we should be good.

Edit: Esphyr. You missed Esphyr

Edit edit: Why would we need a list?

Edited by Snowy_One

I understand. Which is why I'm going to impose a 1-kill per post rule for now as well as putting some more limitations on available targets. I'm trying my hardest to overcome the experience gap that I have and am listening to any/all advise.

Also, there's a list of buyable items in the notes section. Just make sure it doesn't suddenly pop into existence and we should be good.

Edit: Esphyr. You missed Esphyr

One kill per post or one kill per character per post?

Ex.Damian kills something,can Aiya kill something else in the same post(providing rolls work out,etc?)

I'm not sure. I want some form of limitation for sure. If it's one per player, than we can be assured of a wide selection, but it's gonna slow it down. I think per character will be good enough for now.

Limitations sound good XD But as said, I assume it's one kill per character per post. And while I doubt anyone would be stupid enough, maybe something like having to wait for at least two~three other players(not characters) to have battled.

In regards to the list, It just feels more organised I know who's still in the RP, some characters like Kelas seem to be.... well forgotten, and it acts as a guide to who's available to communicate with, (not just going "ah, well everyones talking to Damian so I'll talk to him") The list isn't that big a deal, and I can just have it on wordpad or something.

Ether took all the kills! Lets kill him!!

No, not really, it's just that the current system doesn't work, even if you hadn't done it, someone else would have eventually, and since we have a few more Rp'ers now it's not going to work too well.

Also, should probably rephrase my "character list" post.

I wanted the first post of a chapter to list characters in the RP at the moment, not, "each post" which didn't really make sense but I figure it could mean at the begining of each page, or after every post from now on which would be ridiculous XD

OK, let's just offically say when Hit=Evd it's a hit due to hits being more fun than misses, not making high Evd so broken etc. It seems better overall.

It also means we'll be taking more counters, which means maybe soemone other than me will get KO'd for once.

Edited by -Cynthia-