Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Yeah, that was sort of my objective (an extremely minor one) in having the people ask the group to leave Darien, though judging from Snowy's posts there's a bandit army heading towards Darien, after that we've seriously drained Darien.

I'm kind of wondering how the cast will join the Cynthia initiated "Party" Why do we have to flock around the soldiers XD jk

Irina, shouldn't be a problem, just needs to approach them and say she'd like to join them for whatever purposes.

Helios, well Kai's missing, or rather not posting anymore, (he's been online though?) so not sure about him, but same as above.

Kelas, needs to find a way of forgiving Morgan, or a reason to join the "party" a bit hard since she isn't a Crimson Wielder, nor has she shown any interest in them

Reika, T_T I don't know how I'll get out of this one, I've publicaly insulted Damian (though I think he said he can make it so Damain never saw Reika) beaten up Morgan, and attacked Aiya XD Guess I'll have to use Michael or Irina/Kelas as a reason to join. Since I've made it painfully clear I'm not going to listen to the Halton group or Morgan XD

If Snowy reveals the new location, I suppose I could go there by myself and have a 2nd encounter with the group. (Reika=Enemy RP'er that appears consistently throughout the RP XD) Since I have motive to stalk Morgan XD I'll start looking for an opportunity as plot progresses as at present I doubt there are any available methods

Edited by Nadesico

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

I kind of like the idea of your as our "villain," or at the very least, like Cath from FE6. And it's definitely time to leave darien soon. I'm sure Snowy has something in mind.

I think it's time for a fast forward, Snowy. Whether it be a fast forward to night/sleep time, or next morning is up to you, but the "party's" exhausted it's options on things to do without me stirring shit without understanding more about the plot.

In the mean time it might be a good idea for Rp'ers to get to know each others characters better. Also might be a good idea to try recruit a few more people into the RP if you know anyone who might possibly join.

I'm not say kill of Helios, or that Kai's quit, but in the events of a Crimson Wielder dropping off the RP what happens? You've mentioned that CW can't be transferred to another person, (usage wise). So does that mean the weapons are going to be useless (in terms of fighting) but someone like Damian, Aiya or possibly Irina lug them around?

Hey, just so everyone knows, Im leaving in a few hours to go on vacation until Easter, and I won't have access to the internet while I'm away :/ So I'd really appreciate it if I could grab a RP kill or two in the next confrontation, just so I don't come back 12 levels lower than everyone else. If anybody is feeling especially ambitious and nice, it would be awesome if they actually rolled for me. Sorry for the trouble.

Best way to do that is to have someone take control of your character I suppose. Rolling but no Rp'ing = degeneration of the whole thing, so ask Ether, Cynthia or Snowy I guess. I could do it but..... well you know why that should be an absolute last resort I think.

While I don't know how fast this RP will progress (it seems to be slowing down now) it's a bit hard to have Michael follow around silently without any interaction for a week, so even if you're giving up on getting the exp, I still recommend you give control of the character to someone else. (Just my opinion, I mean most of us have somewhat of an idea of what type of character Michael is)Obviously Michael involvement would be minimal due to the babysitter not being able to build on character, but it's better then having a ghost trail around XD

Don't worry. You should be able to catch up with ease.

Yeah once somebody casts fimbulvetr and freezes everybody :awesome:

It's easier to read through all the posts and figure out whats going on early or late in the day, but most of the actual posting takes place in between so I might need to shift my schedule just a tad :unsure:

I'd support shifting posting activity time XD Ether and Cynthia are usually on and off from 12am to 7am in my timezone (something like that at least anyway). So most of my posts are the result of all nighters, or me being up until 3 in the morning. Fortunately I've gotten used to tuning my time for people in these sort of things.

But yeah it was pretty much something people needed to check daily until a few days ago. Now it's slowed down a bit :P And hooray for random bow guy! XD

Oops. Sorry. He gets approval. And yea... Kai you should work on your pre-existing characters first.

I may be a noob for asking this but :facepalm:

How can i improve their character?

I cant post until someone answers

Edited by Kai

Firstly, I just want to make clear these are my issues, and may not reflect what everyone else considers "improve". The following is in response to Kai, but can apply to anyone really.

-Interaction: To be honest, there's a limit to how much you can explain with your own characters, it's like reading a script about an invincible hero who in never phased or surprised by anything. Everything you do is pre-planned by the owner of the characters, and anything they can't think of, simply doesn't exist. If we take Damian (Ether's character) we really didn't get much info out of him for awhile, the information in his bio (sign up) was pretty good, but a bio/background is never enough to keep the character interesting for long. Hence you need to start talking to other people, this is an RP, not a fanfiction. Throw other characters the oddball, and make your character interact with others. I'm not saying say "Hi my names Nadesico" and leave it at that >_> Be more personal, delve into their character, as if your aiming for a support with them. (And if they get offended (them, not their character) then they're idiots and should go off and write a book by themselves.

-Lifespan/Importance: It's important to decide on your characters role, if they're role is "because I want another character" then you shouldn't make another character. if you think the character is necessary for development of plot, or your other characters development then that's a good reason but unless you can give your existing characters personality, they're essentially the same as a villager that gets mentioned once. Or the rock I was sitting on a few minutes ago. They're not interesting. And alot of current Rp'ers seem more interested in telling their characters story/past to the Rp'ers when no one really cares. I mean, would you be interested in the history or Random Villager A?

-Power-Play: And for a change in RP topics I recommend it, if you interact with a character enough you'll start understanding their resonses, clearly you won't get it right, but if I asked Damian "Lets go steal money from those poor people" then it should be obvious what Damian's reaction is. Whether he follows or not should be left to the characters owner. However you can write something like "Reika noticed Damian looking at her with contempt" If you don't know how they'd response you could add something like "Reika thought she saw Damian scowl at her suggestion"

-Relationships: No, not the lovey dovey ones, the general ones. Look at the other characters and choose who your character is going to get along with, and who they dislike hate. In my case I picked out Daimian and Aiya since Reika had a dislike towards authority, I didn't really know how well everyone else Rp'ed and as a result refrained from choosing someone I liked. As a result I have now sided with bandits XD

-Character: Don't let your character be a bland rag doll, they're going to have likes and dislikes and it's not limited to people, no one performs outstandingly in all areas, and you need to remember your character is not the "hero" of this RP. They are a sub character just like everyone else, so think carefully before trying to give them the limelight. It's important to make your character stand out, but making them seem like a superhero who is capable of anything is definitely not the right way to impress. The easiest way to build your character up is to interact with others. You already know what your character is like, but no one else does. And for them to really be in the RP beyond an occasional post promoting their greatness, people need to interact with you, and they're more likely to do so if you've interacted with them yourself. "Eg Morgan is more likely to talk with Aiya and Damian, then say... Helios" Equally but on the other side of things Morgan would be likely to respond to Reika as well, (just not favorably)

-Flaw them: Or alternatively Floor them! and grind them against the ground until they bleed! XD A perfect character blows, regardless of what anyone says. Taking examples from characters I see as quite well developed.

Morgan: Kind of has a moral issue, a bit like Reika in the sense she'll do anything to get a favourable result for her, even if it does involve stealing when she's not a thief If a peasant pisses her off, she'll probably warn it aggressively, and if it persists she may even kill it. In Damians case, he may not kill the peasant but he may get very annoyed.

Aiya: The short fuse, she's relatively quiet due to being a subordinate of Damian, has morals but there's a limit to her patience, one which doesn't seem very big. While you(reader) may not consider it a fault, Aiya seems to have a love interest in Damian, which can be used in many ways. Love clouds the mind, and she may priortise her love above the greater good. And if Damian dies (I wish) then you can just see how... violent & crazy interesting she could get.

Damian: While he's adopted the virtuous "I fight for my friends" attitude, he's also shown he can be quite... emotional. He was used as the gathering figure head earlier so if there's a hero in this RP at the moment, it'd probably be him.

-Dark and emo characters: Are not cool -_- "Wooooo look at me! I'm all dark and mysterious" get really old, really quick, and unless you can follow it up with something the character tends to die in "The pit of the ignored". If your character doesn't have any emotions, then you might as well kill him now.

"Kai Specifically: Killing off Celia as a playable character early on really didn't do you any favors. Alot of the points above refer specifically to you, Helios isn't a bad character, but he's literally had no interaction with anyone if we exclude characters that aren't controlled by you. Solution; Now that you've met up with the main group start making connections.

Another major issue is his story, at present it doesn't feel like anyone cares about Helios's pastas royalty except Mark(your own character) so these long monologue posts (talking to yourself only) aren't really doing you any good. You need to build character with a past, sure. But if no one knows who Helios is, then all the history in the world isn't going to make him interesting.

Mark hasn't developed any character at all, and he seems as important as a random bandit at the moment, he's like a generic soldier who follows his master around, it's to be noted he's still relatively new, and hasn't had the chance to prove himself, so I'm waiting to see how he progresses.

While I'm ranting I might as well comment on the other characters as well.

Esphyr: The emo swordswoman, "My life sucks" "this sword curses me" "I'm so miserable" XD I dare you to tell me I'm wrong It's her character and that's fine, and her interest in a method to destroy her CrimsonWeapon gives her character. A decent character with room for improvement (7/10)

Michael: He's owner is apparently away at the moment, but his character isn't fleshed out too much, he seems to just nod his head and follow the opinion of others, (generic soldier?) though him agreeing with Snowy on the bandit issue gave him some character. Seems to lack purpose (in life?) Gold isn't a bad starter but you'll need to think of something more then just "he want's money" (5/10)

Irina: Hmm, solid, but nothing really interesting about her yet, I'm assuming it's because you're posting times haven't been ideal. She has a goal, which will help later, but at the moment there's nothing really interesting about her (6/10)

Kelas: Hmm, many problem is lack of posts earlier on, and not being able to successfully interact with anyone yet. There's also the fact that everyone seems to want to ignore her, I mean come on, she's in the middle of your camp and it's not clear if she's an ally or enemy Hence Kelas hasn't really got a chance to be a good character yet. I recommend making her the initiator and starting a negative (or positive) relation to someone. (4/10, but hasn't really had a chance to get any better)

Rayton: Well he's also new, not really sure about him yet, there's a hint of god-modding, but it's too early to say at this point. However his immediate interaction and relationship building with Esphyr was impressive (despite it being negative) and I'm looking forward to his actions based on his dislike of Esphyr in the future. (6/10)

Think that's everyone, if you disagree I'm willing to argue any points :P Again, these are just my opinions, and aren't necessarily fact. However I'm pretty sure that character interaction is lacking in this RP at the moment.

EDIT: If you died, or left Ether this RP would have fallen apart, and as I said above I consider your character essential at this point in time, and would actually be disappointed if you left.

Edited by Nadesico

So far i think i gave Mark a new life away from his Master

But im having problems with Helios. I dont want to butcher anyones character up by responding the wrong way

Well,good to see you don't think my characters are card board cut outs who should be vanquished from the RP,or atleast not yet...

But I agree,for the most part.As for Kai,just start a conversation with someone,get someone to care about Helios,so that you can try to learn more about the others as well.

And this is just something I found a little annoying personally,but it isn't mandatory,is that putting an empty line after a character talks will generally make your posts easier to read for everyone.

Edited by Ether

~Continuing from the Signup thread~

The post definetely made them better, but again they're only talking amongst themselves, (monologue) which is at the moment, not your fault. Everyone "over the hill and far away" Helios has motive for chasing after the Main group (CrimWep) so he shouldn't suffer too much. I know you read my flaming opinions after posting, but I'm glad that Mark actually has emotions, the part which indicated he may question his loyalty in future was especially appealing. I'm also happy that they went to town instead of the camp.

I'd recommend you stop naming everyone though XD Like I said, not many people care for these "original characters of yours and Anna (lol at FE ref) really didn't need a name. I also find it questionable that Helios knows the name of the barmaid when he arrived at Darian by chance. She'll have a role if we return to Darien in the future, but I think that's unlikely.

Regarding "power-play" you need to keep in mind it's restricted to reaction, you're not going to say "Damian led the charge into battle" but putting it into a thought form "Reika looked over at Damian and could see he wanted to charge right into the bandits" If you limit it to thought and your character there's not much damage you can do. The one above is probably one of the more imposing ones, and Ether could just counter with, "Ether wanted to charge into battle, but his senses told him not to" or whatever. I'd leave power-playing at the moment and focus on making relations with others, (a bit hard now that we're soon to be engaged in battle)

EDIT: Also, Kai, Did you just teleport Mark and Helios from town to outside town? Since Town and Damians camp are.... well not exactly right next to eachother.

Edited by Nadesico

I hate you! Not your characters Ether ;) I have Reika to hate those XD

I've actually started that myself with my latest post, found my own posts hard to read when I went back earlier, as well as lots of randoms words and typo's in my posts

Ah well now that I have 3 characters, I suppose I'll have to do it, or risk having people quote one of my two halfwits as Reika's words. I'll try to get it right, but if something seems wrong with the names. It's probably cause I got the names mixed up, I'm not really attached to my two bandits and probably will end up killing them off once they've served their purpose. Nyahaha, my forces rival yours now Ether, Morgan,Ether,Aiya vs Reika/Dalton/Jones XD The rest seem.... neutral to our whole war XD

@Snowy: If we're attacking them you might want to introduce the bandits. Otherwise someone else will have to spot the bandits wondering around the camp and pursue them.

Mental note: Next time, don't reveal the plan in a public post XD

Edited by Nadesico

Don't worry. Esphyr is gonna get a LOT of fleshing out VERY soon.

Anyways, just a FYI, this is the big 'climax' of this 'chapter'. After the fight, I am going to move us on to the next chapter. Just be ready.