What cant you stand?

Ansem

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wyzat? I mean, I do that pretty much. I consider anything less than 100% a personal failure. If you are capable of doing something, and you don't do it, then it is a failure. Now, I don't beat myself up or feel bad or get stressed out over it, but I don't understand why it's a problem to set high standards for yourself.

Because everyone needs to understand that people aren't perfect and never will be, and that 100% isn't meant to be status quo. Having something be a non-zero possibility doesn't mean it should be a 100% probability. In other words, just because you can get a perfect score doesn't mean that it's horrible not to. If you know the material, you know the material. Who gives a shit about some stupid numbers on paper? Well, alright, a lot of people do. But the point stands that not meeting 100% isn't fucking failure.

Is it nice to get 100% in a class or on a difficult test? Yeah. But if you view anything less than that as having failed, then you're going to be leading a needlessly stressful life.

Wyzat? I mean, I do that pretty much. I consider anything less than 100% a personal failure.

I know my warn level wont grow no matter how I try to feed it

Whats annoying me most at the moment, besides revision, is the people that keep on spouting their xenophobic shit out flags being banned because they're offensive

It never has happened and I doubt it ever will happen :facepalm:

So you don't like perfume, makeup, or rap music?

I'm a female and I don't. Especially rap music. They make the songs consist of complete nonsense just so they can rhyme.

I also don't like-

Bitching about something that isn't that important

Smacking your food

Doing stupid noises with your mouth (whistling doesn't count)

People who act half the age they're supposed to be. which makes me a hypocrite but so

Because everyone needs to understand that people aren't perfect and never will be, and that 100% isn't meant to be status quo. Having something be a non-zero possibility doesn't mean it should be a 100% probability. In other words, just because you can get a perfect score doesn't mean that it's horrible not to. If you know the material, you know the material. Who gives a shit about some stupid numbers on paper? Well, alright, a lot of people do. But the point stands that not meeting 100% isn't fucking failure.

Is it nice to get 100% in a class or on a difficult test? Yeah. But if you view anything less than that as having failed, then you're going to be leading a needlessly stressful life.

I don't hold other people to that standard, but even just applied to myself it's never really stressed me out. I mean, I hold myself to that standard, but I don't *mind* failing so much, or at least, it doesn't negatively affect my emotional state. All it really does is drive me to try to do better next time.

I don't hold other people to that standard, but even just applied to myself it's never really stressed me out. I mean, I hold myself to that standard, but I don't *mind* failing so much, or at least, it doesn't negatively affect my emotional state. All it really does is drive me to try to do better next time.

You can do better without viewing everything less than perfect as failure.

Clarinets.

I play clarinet, and I disapprove of this message : D If you disagree, I shall hit you repeatedly with my clarinet case :D

I can't stand people who suck up to other people in positions in power. It irritates me even more when people actually fall for this >.< Then there are people who claim they're being humble but still act arrogant that are just plain annoying. I don't mind it so much if they're just arrogant, or even if they admit it, because i can just ignore it. But when they start trying to claim the "innocent" role like that, it gets frustrating.

Imperfections are what make life life. Why worry about it? I could try harder and maybe get closer to "perfect" in life, but would it be worth it? No.

Bad liars

If you are going to lie at least do it well <_<

then you'll love me.

i'm such a good liar, that when i'm telling the truth people think i'm actually lying

Politicians. Specifically, those who are really big on telling people what they want to hear instead of the truth. In other words, 99.9% of them.

I agree with this. It's annoying to see them feed the public with dreams and not follow up.

Closed-minded pricks.

And I agree on the statement of politicians. That all they've been doing, that's all they will ever do. They would bend to the will of anyone with a big enough wallet. Even worse is that public are so easily mislead into believing them.

Politicians. Specifically, those who are really big on telling people what they want to hear instead of the truth. In other words, 99.9% of them.

Who's the mysterious 0.1% that doesn't?

I'd probably say I can't stand hate bandwagons. One of the whole "Hey, look, they hate that thing! Even though I'm not involved in it anyway, I'll just join so I can be accepted by society because they look cool!" kind of deals. But hey, I don't really mind if you have a legit hatred for it though.

And other stuff that have been previously mentioned in this thread.

You can do better without viewing everything less than perfect as failure.

But why do that? I mean, why not raise the standard for myself? I guess I don't really understand the problem with it, as long as you don't apply the standard to other people and expect them to live up to it. I guess if failure is incredibly distressing for you then it would be bad, but I just don't see anything wrong with shooting for the top.

I play clarinet, and I disapprove of this message : D If you disagree, I shall hit you repeatedly with my clarinet case :D

I played clarinet. In a primary school band. My clarinet hatred is not baseless, you know.

This is a big one I forgot; Rich conservatives who throw around the word 'elitist', despite being old, upper-class, out of touch and useless.

I can't stand intolerant people.

Damn skippy! Intolerance is intolerab

wait

okay yeah that's what I meant

Edited by Gnomes Suck >:(

But why do that? I mean, why not raise the standard for myself? I guess I don't really understand the problem with it, as long as you don't apply the standard to other people and expect them to live up to it. I guess if failure is incredibly distressing for you then it would be bad, but I just don't see anything wrong with shooting for the top.

Because it's a negative mindset. You can't tell me that viewing everything less than perfect as failure ends with anything being a particularly successful endeavor. If you truly viewed it as such a manner, most of your life would necessarily be a failure.

It just sounds silly.

it's even more sad when people are raised in that mindset, but just fail to meet up with expectations no matter how hard they try. this guy i know was like that, and he was a really depressing person. his moodswings are so horrible, most people actually are afraid he'll snap one of these days.

at least people who can keep up with the perfectionist thing have the satisfaction of achieving the perfection they desire. this guy didn't even have that.

Aaaw that stinks =/

Wyzat? I mean, I do that pretty much. I consider anything less than 100% a personal failure. If you are capable of doing something, and you don't do it, then it is a failure. Now, I don't beat myself up or feel bad or get stressed out over it, but I don't understand why it's a problem to set high standards for yourself.

As for that, man, what's wrong with rap music? I admit, I don't listen to much, but it's not that bad.

PS. RFoF, ENGLISH DUBS ARE OVERRATED.

Mostly I think you don't have to do something perfectly, you just have to do good.

Mainly mainstream rap gets on my nerves. Now I've heard that rap that isn't mainstream is not like the mainstream, like talking crap about other people who aren't like them, or bragging at how rich they are or how awesome they are, or showing off a whole bunch of girls dancing around them in music videos, or even talking about sex and drugs. If that is so, then it's just that rap isn't my type of music.

So I guess it's just the standards of others that count. I don't hold myself for very high standards because I don't mind doing less than perfect. I just try to do good.

It's just the people that make a huge deal on not doing perfect that bug me. They just get real sad and a bit incredulous and I think that they still did good so that should not make them so upset.

If you don't mind too much then that's fine with me =) I just don't like when people make a huge deal.

I can't stand people who suck up to other people in positions in power. It irritates me even more when people actually fall for this >.< Then there are people who claim they're being humble but still act arrogant that are just plain annoying. I don't mind it so much if they're just arrogant, or even if they admit it, because i can just ignore it. But when they start trying to claim the "innocent" role like that, it gets frustrating.

Imperfections are what make life life. Why worry about it? I could try harder and maybe get closer to "perfect" in life, but would it be worth it? No.

Yeah they shouldn't go for someone just cause they treat them great. And yeah I hate the claiming innnocence as well.

I can't stand intolerant people. How can you not be happy with everything in life. How can you not deal with the little things or the big things that irk you?

Selfish people. I tell you what.

Weeeeell..... what if the problems build up?... Or at least seem to build up :unsure: