[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

FE6 bandits had the occasional Druid in them and some thieves. The gadien chapter did anyway.

FE5 bandits were quite smart too. Pahn's bandits had enemy dancers in them and Dagaa's had some thieves and hunters.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I found a bug. I was playing Tale 1x, I sent Merlinus to fix the second village. The game reset once the village began to rebuilding.

If it helps, all the bandits were dead.

Arch, I'm having trouble with 1x. Like the game is glitching on me shortly after I deliver supplies to the nearest village.

I'm using the patch in your first post so that might be why but maybe not.

I've never been able to replicate this damn glitch. Will someone please send me a thorough error report? All people ever say is "oh noes the game frozed!" Were any units on the village ruins at the time? Which village caused the freeze? Was it the first, second, or third village you rebuilt?

I got the error once. I repaired the top left village, but it was a turn or two after that had happened and Merlinus was on-route to the second. If I remember correctly, a bandit had just attacked Lowen (and neither had died), and the game crashed either after the combat ended (as in, it went back to the regular map and then reset before the next bandit moved), or another bandit moved after that it reset. It did not happen again when I tried, although I didn't do the exact same sequence.

Sorry for being unspecific, it was some time ago when this happened. Hope it helps in some way regardless.

It may just be that the chapter utilizes so many event IDs, it's causing issues with the game. I'll see if reworking the events to be more efficient help the issues any. But there doesn't seem to be one source of this glitch, and this it's not something easily fixable.

In other news,

tale4x2.png

Say hello to your next gaiden tale (and this one will have actual requirements to unlock :P )

I approve of more sexy Pent action. And, I guess that leaves the General to either be Wallace (man, that guy gets lost so damn much!), Douglas, or a new character.

Also, your map has a few tile issues in it. Just in the one screenshot, there's a handful of shading problems (notably with the chests and with the wall tile to the right of the "capstone" tile on the left side). Thought I'd point it out, so that the mapmaker can tweak it. ^_^

Oh, and finals are done. Send any ideas for special icons my way whenever you think of 'em.

Curse you and your above-average observational skills (yet again)!

douglasbooya.png

Just a heads up, this is probably the most brutal chapter in the hack. I know where the enemies are (FoW map) and it's still challenging!

And Glenn, I'll get a PM to you shortly, thanks again for volunteering your help!

Edited by Optimus OVERTROLL

For a second I thought I was in a sprite critique thread...

@Arch I abused a lot of event IDs in Sacred Contention so I know a bit about how they can be a pain in the butt--do let me know if you need some help with that since you mentioned it earlier in this topic.

I'll have it to you after I finish one more thing.

matthewfights.pngdeadskies.png

captured.pngberveil3.png

New icons courtesy of Lord Glenn. The other three shots are of the now-completed Tale 5 :)

Each tale just seems to get better than the last, awesome to see that Ryerde is going to play some kind of role, I don't think that kingdom was even mentioned in the manga.

Correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC Fargus's ship was called the Davros, no the Darvos.