Information topic (spoilers)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely took more than 20 turns, got the chests, killed Ellerean, left all the clerics but still got the silver card so I don't think turncount is a factor.

Yes I think the same. I did the chapter near 10 times with different turncount but all ends with only getting a Vulnerary!

So I start suspecting the Lunatic mode is the reason here...

Someone that has experiences playing Lunatic can confirm on this please?

I'm thinking of the archetypes this way(or, at least how the three's stats are distributed, average-wise):

Luke is the closest thing to having Kain's build(excluding Kain himself). He has a 90% HP and a 60% Strength growth, the highest of the three starting cavaliers and the best durability. However, he has the lowest spd/skl growths of the three.

Cecil is the closest to having Abel's build(again, excluding Abel). She has the highest spd/skl growths, but the lowest str growth of the three. Her durability is also ass, which is a characteristic of most Abel characters(19 HP/5 Def with a 70%/30% growth, respectively, on a melee unit is beyond terrible).

Rody,...I'd guess he's a bit like Freyr. He has the highest stat growth distribution of the trio, but the worst overall bases(it was this way in the original, as well)

I'd say it's the other way around. IMO growths have a bigger effect on the character than bases. Kain did,and still does, have better skill and speed while Abel had better strength. So to me Cecil would be more like Kain, great skill and speed but pretty low strength, and Luke would be more like Abel, better strength and defense but lower skill and speed.

I think Celice's definition of the "standard Fire Emblem experience" is a little too tough for most Fire Emblem players. I'm fairly sure that most casual players dislike strategy games that require pinpoint precision because they like to think about their actions, but not think too much.

Of course, I personally think that precision is what a strategy game should be all about. I get a thrill from low turning chapters in 0% growths because I get that feeling that I discovered the sole way to do it.

Well I finished all FE from 3 to 10 on their respectives Hard mode (except FE9 Maniac for obvios reasons)

Getting Xavier was a hell one day thinking about what to do...

I din't try anything more dificult that Hard Mode 2 on FE11.

I see how is possible to beat Lunatic on classic without losing your characters, however the chapters that I beat I saw that I cound't do with Everyone alive, I may finish in Casual Mode, but in Classic mode it's too much for me. (And the RNG screwing all the time is no good for my Heart =\)

What happens if the custom unit dies? Do you get a Game Over or does the game continue?

Game over.

A couple things to note:

1. Beating Maniac Mode without recruiting the 4 Bishops doesn't seem to give the additional items for the battle prep armory so it's probably safe to assume that to unlock things, you gotta beat the game with the 4 Bishops recruited.

2. Battle prep arena cost appears to be based on a unit's stats since a lower level Linde would cost more than a base Katarina to use in the Arena. I think there might be a formula to determine the price based on stats but I haven't tried looking for one yet.

3. Consecutive battles in the battle prep arena result in boosted EXP gains but more difficult battles.

1st Battle = EXP in the 30s

2nd Battle = EXP in the 50s

3rd Battle = EXP in the 80s

4th and on = 100 EXP.

The amount of EXP you get is displayed at the bottom of the combat information before taking on the Arena opponent, you'll see their level and EXP next to them, that being how much you'll get.

It appears that MASTER SEALS ARE NOT NECESSARY. It may only happen in the arena, though. Video:

Has anyone dechipered this yet?

I think the largest jump in difficulty is Hard > Maniac. Medeus isn't exactly much easier in Maniac than Lunatic, only he can't double Heroes and FalconKnights. Also, two Glower Sorcerers = one dead unit.

fireemblem12vi2j0127259.png

Also, neither the extended armoury or Reverse mode are unlocked from Maniac.

Game over.

A couple things to note:

1. Beating Maniac Mode without recruiting the 4 Bishops doesn't seem to give the additional items for the battle prep armory so it's probably safe to assume that to unlock things, you gotta beat the game with the 4 Bishops recruited.

On this note: can anyone confirm if the perfect ending chronology still exists?

I just want to mention a small detail that was added, enemies with portraits (either recruitable or bosses) now have their hair colour corresponding to a custom palette (or no hair if they're bald). I remember that in SD if an enemy such as Astram could join and you were attacked before talking, he would have brown hair like all the other enemy heroes. For example: in New Mystery when you fight him, you can see that he has blonde hair.

Edited by Axefighter Barst

I just want to mention a small detail that was added, enemies with portraits (either recruitable or bosses) now have their hair colour corresponding to a custom palette (or no hair if they're bald). I remember that in SD if an enemy such as Astram could join and you were attacked before talking, he would have brown hair like all the other enemy heroes. For example: in New Mystery when you fight him, you can see that he has blonde hair.

Ally units didn't even have custom hair colors in Shadow Dragon, did they?

Anyway, that's cool to know. If only the entire palette was custom... :(

Ally units didn't even have custom hair colors in Shadow Dragon, did they?

Anyway, that's cool to know. If only the entire palette was custom... :(

No, they had custom hair. For example, Wrys as a SM was bald, Navarre had brown hair, and Raddy had red hair (or whatever color you call it).

No, they had custom hair. For example, Wrys as a SM was bald, Navarre had brown hair, and Raddy had red hair (or whatever color you call it).

Only color I can think of to describe the intense red color of Raddy's hair is "Hot Cherry".

Only color I can think of to describe the intense red color of Raddy's hair is "Hot Cherry".

lol. I just said that because I've never actually gotten him to SM, just seen his myrm hair color, which isn't very clear, looks like a pale red far as I can tell.

Finished Chapter 10 of Lunatic Mode. I think you get a Vulnerary instead of a Silver Card...

...FFS I don't need anymore Vulneraries. So yeah, go batshit crazy on killing the Sisters. With Cain.

Finished Chapter 10 of Lunatic Mode. I think you get a Vulnerary instead of a Silver Card...

...FFS I don't need anymore Vulneraries. So yeah, go batshit crazy on killing the Sisters. With Cain.

IS wants us to feel the pure pain that is Lunatic. ._.

No Silver card?

And it's replaced with a VULNERARY. .____.

Yay free EXP.