Information topic (spoilers)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the people encountering this problem have all four other orbs? Perhaps it doesn't drop if you don't have the others (so as to prevent its use on Wi-Fi).

EDIT: Looks like Sirius beat me to asking the question. It would make sense that the Dark Orb doesn't drop without the other four though.

Edited by General Archibald

Real class growth rates:

http://wiki.livedoor...%ae%c4%b9%ce%a8

Real My Unit future growth rates:

http://wiki.livedoor...%cb%a5%c3%a5%c8

In First link:

First table is Lord, Thief, Mamkute, Dancer, Chameleon, in that order.

next table is Group A male, then it's group B male, then female, the classes in the groups should be pretty easy to pick out because of growths.

Whoa. So let me get this straight: the past part can affect your growth rate too? I see the formula: 5% * HP correction * Time frame correction.

Oh look. Physical AND Magic Defense have their Time frame correction reduced by 1 in that formula. I wonder what Intelligent Systems is thinking trying to keep those two stats from hitting any high values.

Oh look. Physical AND Magic Defence have their Time frame correction reduced by 1 in that formula. I wonder what Intelligent Systems is thinking trying to keep those two stats from hitting any high values.

Obviously to not allow you to trivialise the game with a broken defence stat.

EDIT: Look at other character's growths as to why this is a good thing.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

EDIT: Look at other character's growths as why this is a good thing.

MU already does get some unusually high defence.

EDIT: Look at other character's growths as to why this is a good thing.

That's correct. Why Intelligent System doesn't just nerf or--better yet--revamp the stats is beyond me. At least then they wouldn't have to worry about giving characters weaknesses that either fail miserably to phaze the general invincibility they get, or are so big that the characters end up unusable.

Edited by Juigi Kario

Let's check the growth changes of those classes.

Myrmidons have a +5% Speed growth now, but they have a -10% HP growth.

Male Dracoknights now have hte same HP growth as female Dracos.

Mercenaries have -10% HP growth, myrms now have superior growths thanks to +5% Spd as opposed to 5% Def.

Fighters have -10% HP growth, but have +10% Skl and +5% Def.

Holy bejesus, Pirates are hilarious. -10% HP and Str, but +20% Spd.

Female Myrms have...+10% HP growth on males!? Despite 5% less speed, having the same as SD myrms...Weird how Females have the tankier but slower myrm growths.

What's more simple than damage being atk - def?

The simplicity isn't causing any problems. The problem is the law of diminishing being in effect. Doesn't help that 3+HKO-friendly (with or without healers accounted for) environments means that every point of DEF basically amounts to 3+ extra points of HPs. Lunatic is 2HKO-rich, but THAT makes Speed broken, and it still took the enemies getting obscene stats, which of course does not include boosted Physical or Magic Defense because IS would be INSANE to do that.

Edited by Juigi Kario

Let's check the growth changes of those classes.

Myrmidons have a +5% Speed growth now, but they have a -10% HP growth.

Male Dracoknights now have hte same HP growth as female Dracos.

Mercenaries have -10% HP growth, myrms now have superior growths thanks to +5% Spd as opposed to 5% Def.

Fighters have -10% HP growth, but have +10% Skl and +5% Def.

Holy bejesus, Pirates are hilarious. -10% HP and Str, but +20% Spd.

Female Myrms have...+10% HP growth on males!? Despite 5% less speed, having the same as SD myrms...Weird how Females have the tankier but slower myrm growths.

Myrmidons>Mercenaries in speed now? Crap, better change Samto back before the next chapter.

Pirates get a 10% speed boost over fighter, wow they become somewhat better than fighters now. Less str isn't as bad as less spd.

It looks like unpromoted and promoted classes have different growths...or am I just reading it wrong?

You probably aren't reading it wrong, as in SD, they had some like that, an example would be the Mage--->Sage, IIRC Sages got less Mag growth but more in Spd and res.

Useless post. >_>

Edited by Michalis

It looks like unpromoted and promoted classes have different growths...or am I just reading it wrong?

You are reading it wrong. If anything, I notice no changes between promoted and unpromoted outside of Mage losing 10% of his Mag growth on promotion, which is the same as it was in SD.

EDIT: @King: No no no, they got a 20% BOOST, so now they have the same speed as archers and myrms. They have 20% more speed growth than fighters, not 10%.

Past Present and Future stuff.

Past

Farmer's Child: +4 HP, +10% HP

Orphan: Str and Mag+2, +5% Str and Mag

Noble Child: +2 to Skl and Spd, +5% Spd and Skl

Merchant's Child: Lck and Res+2, Luck+5%

Cleric's Child: +2 Def, no growth

Present

Mighty: +2 HP, +20% HP Growth

Odd: +1 Str and Mag, +10% Mag and Str growth

Beautiful: +1 Skl and Spd, +10% Spd and Skl growth

Wise: +1 Lck and Res, +10% Lck, +5% Res

Gentle: +1 Def, +5% Def

Future

Pursuer: HP+30%

Recluse: +15% Str and Mag

Glorious: +15% Skl and Spd

Wealthy: +15% Lck, +10% Res

Humanitarian: Def+10%

Good god, these growth boosts are ginormous.

My Unit base stats are correct as we have recorded them, as are their growth.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

I know people were looking for Shadow Dragon-New Mystery portrait comparisons before. Here's all of them in one convenient place from ChinaFE:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/447/wwwdotuporg1048861.png

Thanks. What do the different sections mean? I'm guessing (left to right) not in SD, big differences, slight differences, no difference. They definitely made the colors a lot more vivid this time.

Hmm, so MU def growth can't be increased a lot.

Best bet would be to pick a class with a high base and class growth and then Humanitarian for the +10%. Picking the +2 DEF early gets you through the prologue easier but hurts over time. In theory anyway. In practice it may not matter all that much.

Question is whether it's worth building for defense at all with the obscene offensive stat growths MU can get...

Thanks. What do the different sections mean? I'm guessing (left to right) not in SD, big differences, slight differences, no difference. They definitely made the colors a lot more vivid this time.

Red - new characters.

Green - remade portraits.

Blue - slightly modified.

Yellow - color change only.