Information topic (spoilers)

Some more translations, though again I might be rather inaccurate. TheEnd can clarify things I might be right or wrong about, since apparently he has the transcripts.

My Unit

Others

I don't really care because it'll receive an official translation eventually, to be honest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's strange, since in FE3 Zagaro seemed to be the more demented one (at least from his line when you fought him), well more so then Wolf at least.

Also, Hitomi has translated some of the supports here. They have the Malice ones etc, and there is more further down the livejournal. Makes for quite an interesting read, and it seems like characters have more personality this time. (wewt!)

EDIT: Zagaro/Wolf among others here too.

Edited by Kelsper

Zagaro

This dude is apparently MacGueyver. He has all forms of weapons at hand at all times (even a freaking staff), and keeping well stocked on horse feed. He is prepared for any situation and proud of it. He takes stock of his weapons before every battle (like he goes Spear...Check. Axe...Check.). Has a bow in particular that was made by Wolf, and the horse feed he gets is actually put together by Wolf. You get the idea he's steady, precise, and well prepared for anything. However, he's also got charisma and an easy to approach air about him. It's hard not to like him. Even offers to train MU in the art of MacGueyver. His bond with Wolf is further explained here, seeming that from what I could explain seems deeper than brotherly love but not quite full blown love. It's hard to explain, but Wolf does show quite a bit of genuine emotion when they speak, and Zagaro isn't exactly off put by it, and does help his dear friend out when in a rut. They understand eachother well.

However, it is clear that Zagaro is quite a logical being who does not fall to emotion easily. As much as he had a bond with Hardin, some convincing from his comrade Vyland turned him, knowing that despite that Hardin is their lord, the past is the past and currently the present sucks because of Hardin. Zagaro is not stupid or insane. Level headed, logical, prepared for any situation and will adjust to whatever means is best. He's like MacGueyver combined with The Fonzie

On the other hand...

Wolf

I'm convinced Wolf has serious mental issues. When you try to recruit him, he is outright zealotous in serving Hardin and not even hesitating to brand his close friends and brothers in arms as traitors when they try to convince him otherwise. This is due to the fact not that he's superbly patriotic in his duties, but because he REEEAAAALLY does not want to go against Hardin. It's not out of cowardice though...

Because he is obsessed about Hardin. I can see why he might have a closer bond than most with Hardin (I get the feeling that Wolf was actually saved personally by Hardin from slavery), but holy crap...He is absolutely feverant in his service to him. Serving Hardin was LIFE to him. I think that his being taken away to his new life serving Hardin acted as the sort of benevolent cause of Stockhole Syndrome in the guy. Since Hardin dies, Wolf sort of goes in a downward spiral, since he feels his life lost meaning with Hardin (before anyone turns on the emo-alarm, I must stress that he is OBSESSED. He literally will not shut up about him. You would think he was in love with the guy.). MU tries to convince Wolf that serving under Marth has to be better than what Hardin was at the time of his turning, but Wolf will not be swayed. Marth is THEIR lord, not HIS. It's not the same (don't ask me, Wolf is crazy). I know that he saved his people form slavery, but yeesh Wolf, shit happens.

Wolf is a very unreasonable fellow, who does not listen to logic too easily. While it's easy to approach Zagaro, it's hard to even get to Wolf since half the time he just seems to be musing to himself. The only one who seems to be able to talk any sense to Wolf is Zagaro. It's...actually kinda adorable to see how open he is with The Zag. I think, IIRC, there is a monet I think I could have qualified as a "crying on the shoulder" moment (thus why I said their bond is hard to describe up above, since despite how broken up about this Wolf is, Zag seems to have entirely moved on, but doesn't exactly stop Wolf form having his little breakdown.). Wolf is very much more in touch with his emotions and seems ruled by them as opposed to cool level headed Zagaro. Yet both seem to be the sides of the same coin with one another. In fact, it feelz bizarrely...right. I mean back in FE1, they were just soldiers under Hardin, in FE3 they became leaders of their unit, in FEDS they were full blown GENERALS man! (by our creation anyways, but I can see I wasn't TOTALLY off. I think the only thing I got wrong was that Zag here isn't heartlessly cold and that Wolf was a zealot for Hardin rather than his own personal glory). It's like we've seen them grow to mature characters (well, Zag is, but it's nice to see how their bond has held this strong over this time)

It's friggin' beautiful man.

Anyways, I always liked that creepy music that played on the enemy phase of hte final gaiden. Let's see what it's called...

*Translates it to either Slaughterer, Onslaught, Looming MAssacre or some such*

O_O;; Holy shit...

So what you're saying is, Sedgar and Wolf are lovers, and Wolf also longs for Hardin. Quite interesting to have a gay love triangle in a game, for once.

Seriously though, these dudes sound like the most interesting characters in the game.

So what you're saying is, Sedgar and Wolf are lovers, and Wolf also longs for Hardin. Quite interesting to have a gay love triangle in a game, for once.

They aren't lovers, but from what I read it seems like they're a stone's throw away from it. Like I said, it's hard to describe. But I know there is no love triangle between these guys Wouldn't even say there's a line, but these guys are close to it. Again, if my translations aren't off, of which lately they've been shown to be. Though in some instances I'm not COMPLETELY off...

Though with Wolf I think we don't have a hard time imagining him wanting other guys.

Seriously though, these dudes sound like the most interesting characters in the game.

Zag and Wolf have always been the most interesting characters. In FE1 they were the only horsemen available to you and came together, FE3 they showed a bit of character and had interesting looks about them, FEDS their growth proved to be a great point in making them awesome, and now they have the character to back it up. I feel they've come a long way.

I. . .think I understand that kind of bond. It's one where you're willing to share your deepest secrets, let the other person see you at your absolute worst, and know that even if the world goes to hell, that person will be by your side. Sure, it could be physical, but that part is unnecessary. It's not a common thing, and it's not too hard to confuse the two for lovers, especially if the two in question are of the opposite sex (if I had a dollar for every time that happened, I'd quit my day job).

If my crappy translation of the old IS site was correct, some of the nobles among the plains people replaced some of the old Aurelian ones. It wouldn't surprise me if Wolf was one of them (which would partially explain the fanatic devotion and the hair).

Was there any mention about a certain Archanean Sniper with no personality?

Valhalla had the requirements since a few days ago, though I haven't checked when the guidebooks were released. They're actually not that hard to test, although I did miss out Chapter 3x's alternative requirement since it was called in Prologue 8 and not Chapter 3 as one might expect.

For reference. the alternative requirements (i.e if you go past the turn count):

Chapter 3x - Nobody died in the Prologue

Chapter 6x - Rickard is recruited and alive

Chapter 10x - 3 or more enemy Clerics survived

Chapter 13x - The enemy Thieves didn't escape the map (haven't checked if it's just one or both Thieves)

Chapter 16x - My Unit is promoted and >= Level 5

Chapter 20x - 3 or more of Midia and the Wolfguard were recruited and alive

(For the being alive ones, I haven't checked if getting them KO'd in Casual mode is alright)

I'm pretty sure I killed all the clerics and still got the chapter.

Read Vincent's post again:

For reference. the alternative requirements (i.e if you go past the turn count):

Chapter 13x - The enemy Thieves didn't escape the map (haven't checked if it's just one or both Thieves)

Edited by Ari Gold

Okay, went over turn limit in Ch. 13 on Hard and let the theif run off and went to Ch. 14 instead of 13x. Confirmed that at least.

(Also, those gaiden requirements are pretty weird, they don't even impact the gaiden chapter themselves.)

Valhalla had the requirements since a few days ago, though I haven't checked when the guidebooks were released. They're actually not that hard to test, although I did miss out Chapter 3x's alternative requirement since it was called in Prologue 8 and not Chapter 3 as one might expect.

(For the being alive ones, I haven't checked if getting them KO'd in Casual mode is alright)

I don't think its alright. I let units die in casual and I didn't get 3x, really confused me as well as I thought it was a turn count thing.

As expected, Episode 3 is now available for download. Here are the saves for No$GBA (.sav) and Desmume 0.9.6 (.duc):

http://www.mediafire...fba3wu6nclcy9hn

For No$GBA:

Rename the save to be the same as your ROM or make a copy of the ROM and rename it to be the same as the save and place the save in the BATTERY folder.

For Demume 0.9.6:

Load up the ROM, File -> Import Backup Memory, select the .duck file and then reset through the Emulation menu.

The pattern I found to these downloads suggests that the last one will show up next week. It's likely another item, probably Rainbow Potion.

Edited by Sirius

@_@ Bord AND Cord get 2HKO'd. aaaaaaa

And it's 3 VS 15

Malice, Dice, and Navarre are on the map as enemies.

Shiida and Norne come on the map on turn 3.

I'm guessing Shiida recruits Navarre, and Ogma recruits Malice and Malice, Dice.

Haven't gotten far enough though.

Also, Armor Knight, Berserker, and Fighter reinforcements.

Edited by MeteorLunarSolar

@_@ Bord AND Cord get 2HKO'd. aaaaaaa

And it's 3 VS 15

Malice, Dice, and Navarre are on the map as enemies.

Shiida and Norne come on the map on turn 3.

I'm guessing Shiida recruits Navarre, and Ogma recruits Malice and Malice, Dice.

Haven't gotten far enough though.

Also, Armor Knight, Berserker, and Fighter reinforcements.

@bold: All correct.

I got a Dark Mage coming from the fort near Malice's starting position. The Berserker reinforcement shows up there too.