Information topic (spoilers)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best bet would be to pick a class with a high base and class growth and then Humanitarian for the +10%. Picking the +2 DEF early gets you through the prologue easier but hurts over time. In theory anyway. In practice it may not matter all that much.

Armors getting 14 Def at base with 65% growth is like Super-Armor-FEDS-Darros. With merged classes, after 7 levels, I could just switch him over to something else like Myrm. This allows me the opportunity to boost his speed, and at promotion he now has a nice choice of switching between Draco-Paladin-Swordmaster-General thanks to his lance and swords ranks.

Question is whether it's worth building for defense at all with the obscene offensive stat growths MU can get...

Depends on how quick he can get that defense. Just on these boosts alone, the armor can get 14 Def with an obscene growth. 6 points is all he needs, then he can switch over to something else and still be tough as nails. If we're talking about the merging classes, he can just switch over to myrm and he'll be dandy and cool from that day forward.

However, if we're looking at offense? I'm wondering how a Beuatiful Orphan Pursuer is gonna be like on a female myrm. Bolstered Str and Mag for her doubling and Levin Swords, 13 speed at base is just enough to double, can keep her HP up thanks to Pursuer, AND can make use of the lady sword along with all the other greatness that comes with the Swordmaster set.

@Randoman: Too late, already discussed the changes on the last page. Not much changed anyways.

Edited by Etzel's Hips

I know, I know. I just thought it might help.

Also, did any of you experience any weird problems with the music for New Mystery of the Emblem? Like some of the BGM parts being muted or it being mostly trumpets and nothing else? I've had that problem and have been trying to fix it, but I've had no luck.

That happened to me, I'm on a flashcart, it turned out that the latest firmware for my flashcart doesn't support the game music, so it's mildly screwed up. So I have to wait till they have a firmware that works with the game, then hear the awesome BGMs.

The blue section has a little more detail on what was changed, but I'm a little too lazy to translate it all.

Some of the changes in the blue section are a little more obvious than others. For example, Horace's eyes were enlarged, Abel looks really angry, and Sedgar's smiling.

Astram went from kinda cute to scary. I have no idea what Midia sees in him.

Astram went from kinda cute to scary. I have no idea what Midia sees in him.

One of the few warriors in Marth's posse who is equally as useless at fighting as she is.

Just as a note, the My Unit growths are incorrect for Fighter and Mercenary on this page:

http://wiki.livedoor.jp/nds_fe/d/%a5%de%a5%a4%a5%e6%a5%cb%a5%c3%a5%c8

That is if we assume that these growths are correct:

My Unit: 30% HP, 25% Str, 30% Skl, 30% Spd, 60% Lck, 20 Def%

Merc growths: 50% HP, 20% Str, 25% Skl, 20% Spd, 0% Lck, 10% Def

Fighter growths: 70% HP, 40% Str, 25% Skl, 10% Spd, 0% Lck, 5% Def

Edited by Ari Gold

Some story info from a bit of translating.

Roro's power

While it might have been something Gharnef did to him, and I am not 100% certain on it, but from what I gather, every time you kill him, he will just get right back up and there will be 2 of them (I'm going to say his shadow takes the death he would have experienced and splits from his body, thus why A. He doesn't die, and B. there are multiple Roros that get back up after death. You're swinging at shadows of a man who should be dead many times over.

Roro is fucking crazy, Killing him only makes 2 more show up. And both will be very pissed off.

Belf

He is not stupid and immediately realizes that Sirius is Camus. He tries to talk sense into him as if to tell him there is no reason to bear the shame of defeat, but Sirius tells him that he is already a traitor and will continue to bear it, though still not admitting to Belf that he is Camus. He makes it quite clear, but he finishes saying that he, as in Sirius, is a traitor to someone and not specifically Camus. You also get the sense that Belf believes more in what a knight is for (serving a lord) rather than what a knight stands for (chivalry).

Samuto

What a dick. He scares the shit out of MU by basically threatening to cut hm apart until his blade is drenched in blood while masquerading as Navarre all for the comedic effect, then claiming it's because he's bored, only being hired due to basically being a bragging piece while being a bargain bin Navarre, and that he was WAY better off getting a great big paycheck from Lang than helping out Marth's cause, saying "defending the helpless is for the birds". He's only working for you, cause...He has trouble finding employment.

Samuto

What a dick. He scares the shit out of MU by basically threatening to cut hm apart until his blade is drenched in blood while masquerading as Navarre all for the comedic effect, then claiming it's because he's bored, only being hired due to basically being a bragging piece while being a bargain bin Navarre, and that he was WAY better off getting a great big paycheck from Lang than helping out Marth's cause, saying "defending the helpless is for the birds". He's only working for you, cause...He has trouble finding employment.

[spoiler=Not actual story, just commentary on the above]

Well, no wonder he's unemployed. "I WILL SLAUGHTER YOU nah jokes. You hirin'?"

Malice and Dice

At the Nintendo official site for this game, it said that Malice had and I quote a "tomboyish attitude". If this is "tomboyish", then the guys who pilot the Vultures in the Starcraft universe are "somewhat effeminate". Mia is tomboyish. Malice is manlier than most of the cast. In fact, I'm pretty sure the only thing stopping her from taking the crown on that deal is that Dice is a gigantic viking wearing a viking helmet and rocking the sweetest handlebar-muttonchops mustache ever. Hilarious I say crown because since she is his daughter, when he dies she will inherit the throne.

ANYWAYS, the reason I say this is because of her entrance. What an entrance she has. Comes in demanding to see the prince claiming she heard this is where we'd be from god knows who, spits on MU to let him know she is not going to wait for the prissy guy to get here, then states her price immediately as if to say we're already hired, Dice confirming that and saying we're not going to wait around for this guy if he doesn't hurry up, and BAM. Automatically on the team, no questions asked about the price negotiations, insults to the prince, anything.

It was gloriously awesome.

Further to my earlier queries about reclassing, what happens to the weapon ranks when a unit is reclassed (say, for example, Catria is reclassed from a Pegasus Knight to an Archer)?

They are reset to the base weapon rank of the new class, in this case, catria gets a E-rank in bows, with any exp gained in the new class's weapon area w/o increasing its weapon rank added to it, and when reclassing later to same class as before, it goes back to the base weapon rank for that class, w/ any additional weapon exp. w/o increasing weapon rank added as well, or in this case, any weapon exp. in lances will be added to catria's e-rank in lances...

Edited by shadowjam

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but hte cave in chapter 18 has an Arms Scroll.

Yeah that's an easy one to miss. There's an item in pretty much every cave in the game, I think.. there's a talisman in the ch 21 cave. I think I actually forgot to pick that one up.

BTW, what happens if you reach Chapter 20 without the Lightsphere? Are you locked out forever without even being able to get the bad ending since you can't harm Hardin at all?

Gotoh gives you the Lightsphere no matter what happens, and there's no way to get rid of it since you can't discard it and a dead unit's inventory ends up in the convoy.

There is, Gotoh gives you the Starsphere if you have the 12 orbs. You need the Starsphere, Lightsphere, Geosphere, and Lifesphere if you want to get past chapter 20. Having those 4 spheres causes Hardin to drop the Darksphere which completes the shield of seals.

Edited by Axefighter Barst

So... there's no real benefit on collecting the 12 orbs?

I'm not sure what you mean there. It depends on what you mean by "benefit".

You need the 12 shards to obtain one of the five orbs (the Starsphere) required to go past Chapter 20. Going past Chapter 20 is beneficial since you gain more exp, some more items and characters and you also need to beat the final chapter to unlock stuff like the male Reclass set merge and reverse Lunatic mode.

If you don't go past Chapter 20, you do get to keep three of the four spheres though.

Ah, I see now. I thought you didn't get the Lightsphere if you missed an orb, and the Starsphere you got no matter what. Thanks for the clarification.

Some more translations, though again I might be rather inaccurate. TheEnd can clarify things I might be right or wrong about, since apparently he has the transcripts.

Malice

Anti-social would be the best word I could use to describe her. Not an in emo sort of way, but rather a homicidal way. She threatens to kill MU in every conversation they have, even pulling a knife to his neck and making him beg for his life. She is a blacksmith if I'm not mistaken, and she eventually lets MU watch her craft, but at a price. Malice is quite avaricious. Not quite as professional as Volke, but certainly takes more pride in her work than...let's say Rennac. She seems to be doing what she can to get any money of her own considering her father is a financial black hole with his gambling. He even owes her money. Dice died on me a bit early in this adventure, but I'm convinced she would shake down her own father complete with a beating via lead pipe.

Sheema

I was a bit confused with her since she speaks kinda funny, but I get the vibe she's quite....immature. Samson did not come along for the ride though, so I don't have the whole story, but if her convos with MU are any hint...It seems she is quite unprepared to be a queen, and she knows it though has the damndest time admitting it. I believe she also has a keepsake from her mother (whom I'm assuming is dead) in the form of a doll. It does embaress her a bit (do consider someone of her stature, position and in that bulky armor with a doll), but it shows that she has some attachment to her mom and perhaps also the past since she was not prepared for this position as queen when it came to it.

Zagaro

This dude is apparently MacGueyver. He has all forms of weapons at hand at all times (even a freaking staff), and keeping well stocked on horse feed. He is prepared for any situation and proud of it. He takes stock of his weapons before every battle (like he goes Spear...Check. Axe...Check.). Has a bow in particular that was made by Wolf, and the horse feed he gets is actually put together by Wolf. You get the idea he's steady, precise, and well prepared for anything. However, he's also got charisma and an easy to approach air about him. It's hard not to like him. Even offers to train MU in the art of MacGueyver. His bond with Wolf is further explained here, seeming that from what I could explain seems deeper than brotherly love but not quite full blown love. It's hard to explain, but Wolf does show quite a bit of genuine emotion when they speak, and Zagaro isn't exactly off put by it, and does help his dear friend out when in a rut. They understand eachother well.

However, it is clear that Zagaro is quite a logical being who does not fall to emotion easily. As much as he had a bond with Hardin, some convincing from his comrade Vyland turned him, knowing that despite that Hardin is their lord, the past is the past and currently the present sucks because of Hardin. Zagaro is not stupid or insane. Level headed, logical, prepared for any situation and will adjust to whatever means is best. He's like MacGueyver combined with The Fonzie

On the other hand...

Wolf

I'm convinced Wolf has serious mental issues. When you try to recruit him, he is outright zealotous in serving Hardin and not even hesitating to brand his close friends and brothers in arms as traitors when they try to convince him otherwise. This is due to the fact not that he's superbly patriotic in his duties, but because he REEEAAAALLY does not want to go against Hardin. It's not out of cowardice though...

Because he is obsessed about Hardin. I can see why he might have a closer bond than most with Hardin (I get the feeling that Wolf was actually saved personally by Hardin from slavery), but holy crap...He is absolutely feverant in his service to him. Serving Hardin was LIFE to him. I think that his being taken away to his new life serving Hardin acted as the sort of benevolent cause of Stockhole Syndrome in the guy. Since Hardin dies, Wolf sort of goes in a downward spiral, since he feels his life lost meaning with Hardin (before anyone turns on the emo-alarm, I must stress that he is OBSESSED. He literally will not shut up about him. You would think he was in love with the guy.). MU tries to convince Wolf that serving under Marth has to be better than what Hardin was at the time of his turning, but Wolf will not be swayed. Marth is THEIR lord, not HIS. It's not the same (don't ask me, Wolf is crazy). I know that he saved his people form slavery, but yeesh Wolf, shit happens.

Wolf is a very unreasonable fellow, who does not listen to logic too easily. While it's easy to approach Zagaro, it's hard to even get to Wolf since half the time he just seems to be musing to himself. The only one who seems to be able to talk any sense to Wolf is Zagaro. It's...actually kinda adorable to see how open he is with The Zag. I think, IIRC, there is a monet I think I could have qualified as a "crying on the shoulder" moment (thus why I said their bond is hard to describe up above, since despite how broken up about this Wolf is, Zag seems to have entirely moved on, but doesn't exactly stop Wolf form having his little breakdown.). Wolf is very much more in touch with his emotions and seems ruled by them as opposed to cool level headed Zagaro. Yet both seem to be the sides of the same coin with one another. In fact, it feelz bizarrely...right. I mean back in FE1, they were just soldiers under Hardin, in FE3 they became leaders of their unit, in FEDS they were full blown GENERALS man! (by our creation anyways, but I can see I wasn't TOTALLY off. I think the only thing I got wrong was that Zag here isn't heartlessly cold and that Wolf was a zealot for Hardin rather than his own personal glory). It's like we've seen them grow to mature characters (well, Zag is, but it's nice to see how their bond has held this strong over this time)

It's friggin' beautiful man.

Anyways, I always liked that creepy music that played on the enemy phase of hte final gaiden. Let's see what it's called...

*Translates it to either Slaughterer, Onslaught, Looming MAssacre or some such*

O_O;; Holy shit...

Edited by Etzel's Hips