Information topic (spoilers)

Flow of the map as I would consider it.

-Ogma rushes to Malice. It will involve him taking a blow form her and a mage, but it's better than her going after the axers of whom she slaughters like pigs. He will take a couple blows from Navarre, but as you retreat you'll meet back up with Shiida and Norne. Leave Ogma on hte nearby fortress to deal with the berserker (he 2RKOs them), have Navarre and Norne move forward to aid Bord and Cord.

-Bord and Cord in the mean time are just trying to deal with the punks that were near Navarre's starting point, as you want them to clear that island. This is highly annoying because A. They're 2RKOd by all the bandits, B. A thief chases after them off the bat, and C. They have a good chance of missing the broad side of the barn. Bord's hand axe might as well not exist unless he's going against a Hunter.

-The reinforcements will come in, Ogma blocking one on his fort. The right side reinforcements should not be an issue, but the north side spawns armors. It's annoying trying to break to the fortress, get the armor off (without whiffing or taking some heavy steel damage), then cover it. You will want Cord to do the covering.

-Either getting close enough or waiting long enough will finally make the enemies on the right side move, including Dice. If everyone's assembled, you can easily smash these guys aside from the Berserker. Some smart positioning will be required at the last bit. It especially sucks since the berserker can traverse water.

This is certainly harder than the other two downloadable episode, but it's over pretty quick.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........Why did Navarre have to critical Ogma. @_@

Whyyyyyyyy

Srs, did you have Bord and Cord go through the middle bridge?

I only played up until the Berserker showed up since I had to go somewhere. What I did for the first couple of turns was...

1: Move Ogma as close to Malice as possible. Unarmed. Cord attacks Bandit near the bridge from its left side and Bord finishes from his left. Dark Mage and Malice attack Ogma, Thief attacks Cord.

2: Ogma recruits Malice and uses Vulnerary. Again, kept unarmed. Cord finishes off Thief and Bord nukes AK while getting in the range of a generic bandit but not Dice.

After that I pretty much just fight the Southeastern forces and I plan to send some people through the bridge once it's time to go for the boss Berserker. Going through the bridge early on is a bad idea since Navarre laughs at your Axe users and not placing Ogma in Malice's range means she'll go tame some woodcutters.

Edited by Sirius

Beat Episode 3. Was surprisingly challenging (especially compared to Episode 1 which involved Michalis running around being awesome), although I like Episode 2 best because having 5 Roros running around throwing Hand Axes makes me feel giddy.

General Strategy (I can't remember the details and my recording failed)

Turn 1: Ogma move down to Malice, unequip sword. Bord move down to forest to the west of the Knight and equip Hammer, Cord move next to him. On enemy phase Bord kills the Knight and weakens the bandit.

Turn 2: Ogma recruits Malice, trades her his sword (I was having a weird thing where he'd randomly reequip his sword) and heal himself. Malice kills DM. Cord finishes bandit, Bord moves to the forest, takes the vulnerary and heals. Malice counterkills Merc.

Turn 3: Ogma and Malice run away, both healing. Cord finishes the Thief, Caeda w/Wing Spear lures upper Bandit and Bord heals and baits the other. They attack, Navarre continues to chase Ogma.

Turn 4: Caeda flies over and recruits Navarre (it was right at the edge of her move). Bord/Cord finish the bandits. Navarre gives Ogma his Vuln, Malice gives Ogma his sword back. Ogma moves onto the Fort and heals. Norne moves west towards this group. Ogma blocks the Dark Mage reinforcements. Note that after the reinforcements spawn, every enemy on the map will rush your units.

Turn 5: Caeda+Norne ranged chip the Zerker, Malice finishes (if one of them misses, Malice then Navarre can attack, Malice has the best luck to avoid being crit). Bord and Cord move towards the group, with Bord healing and equipping the Hand Axe to counter the bandit.

Turn 6: Team heals up, Bord keeps running. This is the last turn that reinforcements spawn and thus the last turn I have to block the fort.

Turn 7: Team runs up the bridge.

Turn 8: Team continues to run up the bridge. I believe a Knight reinforcement comes this way so whoever is blocking it should be able to not die. Keep counterkilling stuff.

Turn 9: Cross the north bridge, killed another armor. I believe Norne and Caeda were in range of the Dark Mage that starts in the SE corner and killed him on the counter.

Turn 10: Run down the south bridge, heal up. On this turn I had to tank the Zerker, so I had Malice do it since she could also take a hit from the Bandit + high Luck. I had Norne right behind her.

Turn 11: Caeda + Norne team up on Zerker, Malice runs up to recruit Dice, other dudes finish the other generics, Dice runs over to block the last 3 (Bandit, Hunter, Knight) with the Hand Axe so he doesn't kill himself with Devil.

Turn 12: Finished.

Edited by Paperblade

Sorry if this has been answered before, but what do the ranks mean? From what I can make out of it (it's in Kanji, I know Chinese so I can read it) the three ranks are for Speed, Survival and Tactics. What does the Tactics rank entail? I'm also assuming the Speed is for turncounts, Survival is for number of characters dead, not including characters not recruited (skipped recruiting chars like Tiki, Astram, Wolfguard and the like).

I'm taking a mostly blind guess, but maybe Tactics is related to Experience and/or Funds? When I'm chapter warping with codes, I notice that my Speed and Surival ranks are high, but my Tactics rank is always low (maybe since I don't gain much exp or items).

In the previous games, Tactics used to take into account Turncount, but it seems that's covered in Speed.

I think Tactics also takes into account the characters not recruited, while Survival doesn't.

On my first run I missed Matthis and Bord due to some miscalculations and not wanting to restart and got a B in Tactics while A in both Speed and Survival.

The last download is finally available and it is the Rainbow Potion. Like with the Maturity and Bond Drop, only 1 Rainbow Potion per file and it does have 77 uses like it says on the site. Seems like it can be used on as many characters as you want on the prep screen (though I only tested a few). Like with the potion/bond/clock even bonuses, you can stack those to the shards but you can't stack say... a Speed bond/potion with rainbow potion's bonuses so the highest + bonus you can give to any stat is 5 (3 from 2 shards, 2 from rainbow).

I'll upload saves once I return from class.

Edited by Sirius

That's disappointing they are continually making the game easier.. that's a pretty overpowered item there. Free star orbs for everyone basically.

That do not go over the caps. Can't even use reclass to abuse that fact.

Anyway, here are the saves:

http://www.mediafire...d06m22n2c8c7m0t

For No$GBA:

Rename the save to be the same as your ROM or make a copy of the ROM and rename it to be the same as the save and place the save in the BATTERY folder.

For Demume 0.9.6:

Load up the ROM, File -> Import Backup Memory, select the .duc file and then reset through the Emulation menu.

Unlike the previous saves, this one has Hard Mode complete so it has the reclass freedom (thank you Dagron). I could upload one that Paperblade provided with Lunatic Reverse unlocked and all the downloads in it too but I thought maybe I shouldn't.

Edited by Sirius

http://www.mediafire.com/?jd573iihvcczjhv

Probably should've just posted that one instead >_>

I followed the instructions, but I can't find the rainbow potion anywhere. I have male class limits removed and stat boosters in the base, unlike before, so I know I the save file loaded correctly, but I just can't find the rainbow potion. Any help? Thanks. :)

I followed the instructions, but I can't find the rainbow potion anywhere. I have male class limits removed and stat boosters in the base, unlike before, so I know I the save file loaded correctly, but I just can't find the rainbow potion. Any help? Thanks. :)

http://tinypic.com/m/bhlqgj/3

Note that the items in the download content menu only work for saves that are in chapter 1 or later.

Old question, should have already been answered by someone but no luck finding it: Does turn count in Prologue matter with endgame speed ranking?

Thanks Cheers

Considering that losing people during the prologue doesn't count against your survival rank, probably not.

The bigger issue is that the speed score is so lax, you can get an A without even trying to speedrun.