WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one's signing it because everyone knows petitions to get games to come overseas don't work, and never have worked. I can't thin of one instance that a petition actually did a damn thing. They're about as effective as greeting cards.

No one's signing it because everyone knows petitions to get games to come overseas don't work, and never have worked. I can't thin of one instance that a petition actually did a damn thing. They're about as effective as greeting cards.

Brilliant! We can just send a bunch of greeting cards for FE12 and they'll have no choice but to release it!

Edited by Rewjeo

Between Operation Rainfall seemingly a failure and the failed FE6 petition, I don't really have high hopes for a FE12 petition. I guess we could try (and I did sign the petition above), but I'm just feeling really cynical right now :S

I know it's a joke, but the greeting cards business sounds kind of fun. Although it also reminds me of the Fire Emblem e-cards that they promised but failed to deliver...

I've signed it twice, once as luigi bros and once as my real name. I've also posted it to my Facebook account. Everybody, either sign it or post it on your Facebook account! Ideally both.

With enough signature it may actually happen!

I'm too lazy to read through this whole topic, but I suppose it won't be released anymore in English? I mean the 3DS has been out for several months now and I don't think they'll make many DS games anymore...

The original Final Fantasy was backlogged a whole three years or so before it came over to the U.S. Final Fantasy 3 was just getting sold before the U.S. got a chance to play the game--sorry European states :(

So I mean, time-since doesn't have too much effect on when or if a game gets released. It's more about the worth of investing the time and effort and money into bringing a game over and for its profit. Again, if it seems like Nintendo has enough to ride on, they'll ride on it. But if they start thinking their lineup won't be too great for guaranteed profits, they'll look to games already made and push them out for audiences willing to buy it up. It's not that Fire Emblem isn't worth the time and effort--it's that it won't pay off now as much as it would later.

Well, we will know if NoE will be releasing it very soon going by last year's schedule unveiling dates.

As a bit of illogical hope, Advance Wars - Days of Ruin was first announced from Nintendo of Europe. NoA had no say on the matter. Also, Fire Emblem DS was first released by NoE. Like I said, that's not really evidence at all, but hey, it might give the lovelies to some fan out there hoping to see release in English--NoE might appear to have more interest in the IS sister-series than NoA.

oh god that felt bad to actually argue

I've signed it twice, once as luigi bros and once as my real name. I've also posted it to my Facebook account. Everybody, either sign it or post it on your Facebook account! Ideally both.

With enough signature it may actually happen!

Reminds me of Chartism, or that one petition where people signed it with fake names too so there were about 17 different signings from the Duke of Wellington and a couple from Queen Victoria.

Yeah, because sod Europe and Oceania

Edited by mikethfc

Well, to summarise, many people are doubting the game will be released because it's almost been a year since the Japanese release date and historically every English FE was announced and released within a year of the Japanese release date.

Then, there's also the reason you mentioned, although it might not be as bad as it sounds. FE8 was still released months after the original DS came out. Also, there are still a small number of DS games being released, including Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and the fourth Professor Layton.

Well FE12 has been out for a year. Happy Bday you unlocalized awesome game!

If you learn Japanese you'll never have to go through this frustration again.

Well, to summarise, many people are doubting the game will be released because it's almost been a year since the Japanese release date and historically every English FE was announced and released within a year of the Japanese release date.

Then, there's also the reason you mentioned, although it might not be as bad as it sounds. FE8 was still released months after the original DS came out. Also, there are still a small number of DS games being released, including Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 and the fourth Professor Layton.

The first is something Nintendo is contractually obligated to do if what I heard is right (it's also the bad version) and Layton prints money.

honestly who still cares that we won't "offically" get this game?

we'll all be playing the translation of it in afew months or so for free.

not our fault if nintendo doesn't want to take our money

A few months?

It took them years to make the Mother 3 fan translation, and I can't believe that FE12 is easier to hack than Mother 3.

A few months?

It took them years to make the Mother 3 fan translation, and I can't believe that FE12 is easier to hack than Mother 3.

Unlike Mother 3, a huge chunk of the text is alreddy translated via FE3's fan translation. MU related stuff, the prologue, new MU gaidens and extra characters are a tiny amount of text comparatively, with the support conversations being larger, but still nowhere near the text of Mother 3.

Mother 3 is also a humorous allusion filled game, and humor is a pain in the ass to translate with allusions being easily missed without being super familiar with a culture, also a pain for translators.

Still "Months" is a horrible underestimate.

Edited by deuxhero