Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

Reading Chester's conversation when he appeared, I thought he was gonna speak to Renair himself when he reached her like how Claire got recruited by Roy. Boy was I surprised when he dashed past her into the heart of the enemies forcing me to use Amelia as bait to save his sorry self XD. Man...sending a mage out as decoy, I must be desparate.

Overall liking it so far.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a little bit too easy. It's not that the enemies are too weak, it's just that they're spread far too thin over maps that are way too large. I don't know if that was intentional or not for the first couple of levels, but it annoyed me.

Edited by Anouleth

Don't know if this was brought up, (too lazy to read whole thread) but some hints to who recruits Juan would be nice. I replayed it agian last night and reminded me that I had to go through trial and error to know that Ilanice recruits him.

Also, Rein, nobody's using Chase because Crowe is too awesome. Also I'm starting to think Reyes should join in Onduris, but River's in Musain aaaa

it's probably not my place, but I wanted to point out some things I noticed about this hack. it seems like it's not finished yet, so this might help.

first thing is, in chapter 2 I believe, there's no way to get past the locked gate. the pegasus girl supposedly unlocked it, but it didn't disappear. how does that work? I don't recall having any door keys, and the thief shows up in the next chapter IIRC.

second, Furetchen seems a little underpowered, even though he's filling the Jeigan role. I don't think it would hurt if his stats were upped a few points and his greatbow got a little more hit. lower his growths slightly if necessary.

third, chester and crowe got killed as red a green and a red unit respectively, but still showed up unarmed in the FoW chapter. this probably isn't supposed to happen. also, crowe's death quote should probably be changed so he doesn't sound like he wants to defect from your side when he gets killed under your control (unless this is the effect you were going for).

last, there doesn't seem to be alot of enemies early on. granted, they seem a little tougher than most earlygame enemies, but once they're gone, that's it. the first FoW is the first chapter were i'm actually facing some enemies for once.

I'm really liking this hack so far, and hopefully, you don't feel too offended by my criticism. I would expect the same thing if I put out a hack. I didn't read all of the topic, so sorry if this is just of repeat of something already said.

it's probably not my place, but I wanted to point out some things I noticed about this hack. it seems like it's not finished yet, so this might help.

first thing is, in chapter 2 I believe, there's no way to get past the locked gate. the pegasus girl supposedly unlocked it, but it didn't disappear. how does that work? I don't recall having any door keys, and the thief shows up in the next chapter IIRC.

second, Furetchen seems a little underpowered, even though he's filling the Jeigan role. I don't think it would hurt if his stats were upped a few points and his greatbow got a little more hit. lower his growths slightly if necessary.

third, chester and crowe got killed as red a green and a red unit respectively, but still showed up unarmed in the FoW chapter. this probably isn't supposed to happen. also, crowe's death quote should probably be changed so he doesn't sound like he wants to defect from your side when he gets killed under your control (unless this is the effect you were going for).

last, there doesn't seem to be alot of enemies early on. granted, they seem a little tougher than most earlygame enemies, but once they're gone, that's it. the first FoW is the first chapter were i'm actually facing some enemies for once.

The dialogue was written before the locked gate thing was implemented, so...we get that a lot. Move anyone next to the gate. Even Ilanice, who was previously mentioned as being incapable of the task, or Amelia, who's not exactly robust herself. It's quickest to use Furetchen, in any event.

...He isn't. Trust me on this.

Okay, thanks for pointing out the hacking thing...but with regards to Crowe's death quote, he is not exactly...loyal. I think all of his dialogue supports this. And I don't know what other meaning "I'll change to your banner" could possibly have.

Balance isn't a concern I can answer.

I know, Rey

Progress!

This time, with music:

I smell hints of the third installment of a game titled after the production of Runes.

If the above post had my name attached to it, it would be a green light for a warn.

But that's not what I came here for.

Would you consider my help in music for this hack? I'd like to contribute to a hack

this great, and music handling is my strong suit. Yes, more so than graphics by far.

If you're unsure, possibly an opportunity for me to show you that I can be useful

at first.

Would you consider my help in music for this hack? I'd like to contribute to a hack

this great, and music handling is my strong suit. Yes, more so than graphics by far.

If you're unsure, possibly an opportunity for me to show you that I can be useful

at first.

Sure, Boney, I've heard your MIDI's before, Trent showed me your Persona one, it was really good.

Do you have Skype? Since the main staff are on skype.

At the beginning of chapter 5. I'm enjoying the hack...but I've decided to nickname the old guy Makoto Shishio.

"The weak and the unprepared die to make room for the strong and cunning."

"Well, after all, in this world the flesh of the weak is the food of the strong." *Bites Kenshin's shoulder*