Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Discan is an enemy, you'd know if you'd have actually bothered to play the patch.

Yes, too bad I didn't actually bother to play the patch, mr. smart-alic. :)

@KenZOMG... well-played

@Xiltas it depends on how much of a community hack this is. Most community hacks have excess of popular classes (cough, swordmasterheroassassinsage) sooooo I don't know if people are going to want tier 1 axe-users *gasps*.

But I sure do hope so because pirates kick ass hell yes I am a huge One Piece fan

Jean: Level 6.60, 27 HP 11 Str 7 Skl 8 Spd 5 Luck 11 Def 2 Res

Jean? lol, wrong language buddy. XD

Hmmm... when the hack gets done, I think I'll do a playlog as well. And show you guys just how the Flying Tank will dominate. *QAAM'ed*

Would it kill you to not give away character details?

Next thing you know you'll just surrender the plot chapters ahead of time.

So I stumbled on this while on a spree of Youtube video watching (Seph1212's, in fact). I liked the look of it enough to give it a spin and figured I'd give you guys some 'average player' feedback as I go through it. I'm not a pro FE player. I understand how it all works and all, but I have a tendency to take my time on levels rather than try to finish them as quickly and efficiently as possible, so I can feed experience to the units I plan on working with. (Is this optimal? No it's probably not, but that's how I roll.)

I only finished the prologue for now, as it's 6am here in England and I really ought to be sleeping. If you guys don't mind this type of feedback, I'll keep going with it. If you want the newbie to scram, I'll be silent. :)

Prologue:

Duh, boss, Duh-huh durrr derp. Real smart guys these.

RNG fun. First bandit manages to land a hit on both Kolbane and Renair, then the archer moves down and kills off Renair. Welcome back, Fire Emblem. I missed you too.

---

Take 2!

This time I cleverly attack the first bandit without getting into the archer's range. Yeah I'm a tactical genius I know. The first bandit still hits both Kolbane and Renair though. I guess the game wants to remind me how much it loves me by RNG screwing me off the bat. How kind of it.

Nice to have a Jeigan with bows. Especially when all the early enemies have so much health. Chip damage is king for getting some exp without the hassle.

Possible bug with the hand axe using bandit? I'd parked Furet to block the bridge with his bow equipped while I dealt with the archer, but he stood there in front of Furet and never attacked once. I only realised he actually had a hand axe when he attacked Renair when I moved her up next to Furet. <_<

Har har. Hey I hear RNG is whipping your backside, so here have a Vulnary to replace the one you've almost used up, Kolbane!

3 turns required to hit the boss once with Furet. Sigh.

'Embarrassingly easy' she says? Embarrassing...yes. Very much so. Easy? If you hadn't gotten hit so many times I might have agreed.

Ending stats:

Renair: Level 3.77, 22 HP 6 Str 10 Skl 12 Spd 6 Luck 6 Def 3 Res
Furetchen: Level 1.20, 36 HP 16 Str 10 Skl 10 Spd 6 Luck 10 Def 4 Res
Kolbane: Level 3.22, 24 HP 8 Str 10 Skl 10 Spd 4 Luck 6 Def 4 Res

Ahaha ha ha Aha ha.

Why, thank you :3

Well you know how it is. One vid leads to another and then you're watching this 'Let's Play Fire Emblem' vid where some guy is getting extremely excited about the crit his prepromote warrior pulls off on the prologue boss, when he was only intending to use him to chip damage it. And it's entertaining enough that you keep watching. :P

Edited by Cenerae

Well you know how it is. One vid leads to another and then you're watching this 'Let's Play Fire Emblem' vid where some guy is getting extremely excited about the 5% crit his prepromote does to the boss. And it's entertaining enough that you keep watching. :P

By "extremely excited" I hope you mean extremely annoyed XD

Furet stole all of my Boss EXP. It was not cool of him :<

But, thanks either way XD

I have to record more of this, asdf

texteditdof_01-4.png

Minor update, Clerics can now use light magic, no freezing on doubles too.

Why? :/ Not that I'm complaining... but yeah, why?

Why? :/ Not that I'm complaining... but yeah, why?

Supposedly, to give them a reason to be used over Troubadours. It's like a throwback to FE4 Shamans, or FE5 Sisters (although Sisters could also use all Anima magic types)/

Supposedly, to give them a reason to be used over Troubadours. It's like a throwback to FE4 Shamans, or FE5 Sisters (although Sisters could also use all Anima magic types)/

Except we don't have a playable Cleric, but don't count on that statement, I've been kept out of the loop ever since they moved to Skype, so that feature is practically enemy-only.

There are playable clerics. o3o

The defense rests, your Honor...

Wait... a playable Cleric!? Who...? And didn't you decline that appliacation I made before...?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Guest Wen Yang

I am much less interested in playable clerics than on any possibility of the presence of a playable female mercenary myself.

Will the abbility of clerics to both hurt and heal, make mages and shamans obsolete?

To both hurt and heal BADLY. Light magic combines poorly with crap Magic, and staves are still best in the hands of Troubadours.