General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread.

Ein

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose XYZ catapult cannon might work with all the draw power of Hyper libarian and likes give.

Stops bad puns

Well, I meant the XYZ monsters, not related to the VWXYZ XD

Anyways, I can't be lucky getting Formula Synchron or finding Chevalier de Fleur, oh well I can still do without them.

And Brionac in a Dark World/Fabled deck? But isn't the discard a cost to activate the effect? That would leave them useless, wouldn't it?

I don't know if this was discussed, but does anyone think Hyper Librarian needs to be banned? <_< By this, I mean its so obviously broken that it makes me wonder why this Format contradicts itself... This is the same issue for why Premature Burial is banned and why Monster Reborn is not?

And since Tengu is currently unlimited, I wonder if Malicious will be unlimited again?

The reason why Hyper Librarian might not be limited until it gets reprinted is because viz media made it, and such Konami has to ask them if they can limit the card, and since they don't want to hurt Shonen Jump sales, they're not going to say yes.

Obviously I'm aware that Hyper Librarian won't be banned for this September. I'm saying that he needs to be banned in the following Format(March 2012) and so on. Even if its going to be limited, there are many possibilities to get around without the 3. i.e.: Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, etc. (btw: I also think Monster Reborn and Dark Hole needs to go)

Edited by Namie Amuro

No way the master of libraries is gonna get banned. Most decks only run two since three is over kill and a waste of Extra Deck space. Besides in said decks tend to summon two of the master libraries in one turn and Synchro Summon a bunch of stuff the same turn while keeping their hand advantage and all that good stuff. If anything I can see the master of libraries being Limited once September shows up.

Chaos Soldier: YES!

Chaos Dragon: Eh, maybe not. That whole "nuke everything and send your hand to the grave, AND deal damage" is really annoying. At least Norleras is a PITA to bring out.

EDIT: The pre-release would've been more fun if the room hadn't been spinning. Got me a. . .well, dunno what, but it's black, three stars, and ultimate, so I'm happy.

Edited by Clipseykitty

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning might return. I wouldn't be surprised if it stays banned though.

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End I highly doubt will return.

Sneak Peek spoils:

I got a Pain Painter, Absolute Crusader, and other Rare cards. I also won a Sneak Peek mat and it looks pretty sweet with Number 17: Leviathan Dragon being all dragon like. I really want two Ultra Rare Leviathan dragons though.

I managed to get four Saambell the Summoner which was the card I was looking for the most. >_>

Also a friend of mine stole a deck box much to my dismay. -_-

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Just because BLS-EOTB got a reprint in Gold Series 4, it doesn't mean that there's a possibility it might come back. Why do you think CED-EOTE got a reprint in Duelist Pack: Kaiba(which was released last year), and yet its still banned?

On a side note, I personally think BLS-EOTB should return only because Trishula and Shooting Quasar Dragon(which is coming out soon) would pose a treat.

Edited by Namie Amuro

• 2 weeks later...

New banlist is out apparently. The link with the info is broken or something. >_>

New Bans:

Fishborg Blaster

Mind Master, well there goes my Psychic deck. Sorry Esper Girl. ;~;

Giant Trunade

Royal Oppression

New Limiteds:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, I should have bought him when he was 20$. :<

Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En

T.G. Hyper Librarian, Konami... Why in the hell did you make this?

Debris Dragon

Formula Synchron

Lonefire Blossom

Heavy Storm, :>

Primal Seed

Shien's Smoke Signal

Pot of Avarice

New Semi-Limiteds:

Summoner Monk

Tragoedia

Necro Gardna, Lightsworn like.

Dewlauren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

Destiny Draw

Swords of Revealing Light

Mind Crush

Call Of The Haunted, O_o

New Unlimiteds:

Judgment Dragon, >:3

Spirit Reaper

Overload Fusion

Mystical Space Typhoon

Megamorph

Gravity Bind

Icarus Attack

Well this sure will be different.

I do absolutely hate how retarded the rulings for Xyz Material is in the TCG since they are still considered on the field and gain/have their effects applied when sent to the Graveyard like Sangan and Reborn Tengu. Tour Guide from the Underworld is just ridiculous. Normal Summon her, fetch Sangan, Summon Leviathan Dragon, use Leviathan Dragon's effect and send Sangan to the Graveyard to search.

The huge amount of backrow hate sure is interesting. I haven't seen Heavy Storm and three MSTs together in a while. A while being when the game first started so yeah...

Six Sams got hit. A lot. No more Shi En lock and their search power got hit. I wonder if people will abandon them now until Konami makes more broken Six Sam support. >_>

Can't wait to see the great/broken decks people will come up with.

I'm totally gonna rebuild my Lightsworn deck as they are the best thing ever.

New banlist is out apparently. The link with the info is broken or something. >_>

New Limiteds:

Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, I should have bought him when he was 20$. :<

Heavy Storm, :>

*digs in binder*

Holo Heavy Storm :D

I don't need chaos though... I have all water in my Ice Barriers >_>;

Do you really think I'm gonna replace Ninian--- I mean Brionac?

Edited by shadowofkitty

Do you really think I'm gonna replace Ninian--- I mean Brionac?

Yes. And Brio looks nothing like Ninian's dragon form. Unless you're talking about your personified Brio card then yeah.

Take that guys who said my Agents would get hit. Gonna rape me some sobbing, broken plant engines. If only I had tour guides, I could give Chaos Agents a shot... because why the hell not?

Edit: It's funny. CotH is at 2, Monster reborn is at 1... Premature Burial is still banned. Is it forgotten completely or is there something I'm missing?

Edited by Ether

Sigh... I just knew Tour Guide was gonna be godlike even though I said she wouldn't be all that good. Stupid me.

Now that I think about Tour Guide is gonna be another staple card for Tier 1 decks. Argh... I really wish this one guy would have traded one to me when she was 35$ but he had a bunch of other female monster cards in his binder so he was adamant about the whole thing.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

So yeah, Formula Monarchs are dead. Six Sams and plants are weeping and hobbling off as they try to recover. Chaos builds are laughing their asses off, rising to power, Tour Guide is the new Tengu, and Agents are just sorta looking around going "What just happened, everyone is in a panic?". With spammy tengu decks getting hit, Agents will go to Tier 1 where they belong, since they have a really good matchup against chaos, what with not being hurt by RFP, still having a personal, massive oppression, and they weren't hit at all by the list.(In my own deck, I lost nothing but Oppression. It doesn't hurt me at all because I was running like, 7 of them anyway, due to Kristya, and chaining Kristya with things like Miraculous descent or Celestial Transformation, which is the single most underrated tech.)

Lightsworns got a boost, specifically twilight builds, so welcome back, my friends.

Gravekeepers got hit indirectly by extra backrow hate, but are still pretty much the same, aside from maining Starlight road again.

Ah, Starlight Road. Welcome back, and save us please. All I have to say on that matter.

Edit: Trishula is still at 3. :3

Edited by Ether

Oh right. It was just some silly fanservice card. *sigh*

In other news... Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning skyrocketed in price. Even the horrible Gold Rare one is 30$ and that one looks god awful.

Well, since that card is a a bit easier to find (not that it is quite easy to find) I saw its price would skyrocket. That dude's effect did that, at least I think that way. Definitely saw it coming, it's been a long time since he was banned.

I'm guessing more Dark, Light, or chaos support will be released in the upcoming Order of Chaos. Which incidentally has one of the best names ever for a thing. Wait... Judging by the booster pack rainbow... Order of Chaos should be the black booster pack which will definitely introduce some more Dark support with the following white booster pack introducing some decent and/or broken Light support. Should be a fun format.

In other news... Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning skyrocketed in price. Even the horrible Gold Rare one is 30$ and that one looks god awful.

Ha ha ha. My Near-Mint IOC version is still sitting in my binder :P