General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread.

Ein

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found this site:

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

I was wondering if any of you are registered here, and if you can tell me anything about it. I've been looking for a site to play Yu-Gi-Oh for free online for quite some time (not sure if I said this in an earlier post), but this looks like it may be what i've been hunting for.

So I found this site:

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

I was wondering if any of you are registered here, and if you can tell me anything about it. I've been looking for a site to play Yu-Gi-Oh for free online for quite some time (not sure if I said this in an earlier post), but this looks like it may be what i've been hunting for.

I tried that site, it's okay. Deck building and dueling are fine. But the most interesting thing is it's rating/reputation system, at least I can check out who I may have a chance against and who I shouldnt touch. The funny thing is, almost every deck that can synchro will have a stardust dragon in the extra deck. A lot of guys build their deck to fast synchro stardust dragon, quasar dragon or Trishula...how sad...

Anyway, my nick in that site is "soluuloi".

What kind of decks will the characters from Fate/Stay Night use if they have a deck that matchs their personalities? And what cards will they have in their arsenal?

Shirou: XX-Saber Deck

_Special card(s):Quick play spell card XXX-Saber will add 8000 life points, remove all trap/spell cards on the field, opponent's monsters's att and def will become 0 for the rest of the duel.

_Special ability: As long as a XX-Saber monster card is on the field, he can search any equip cards in the deck and equip these cards to any XX-Saber monster card on the field.

Kotomine: Ally of Justice (no suprise)

_Special card(s): Cú Chulain. Kotomine can special summon this card whenever he wants. Flip a coin, if head, this card cant declare attack, if tail, this card can declare attack. If this card didnt declare attack for two turns, it's can active it's effect: destroy any monster on the field, nothing can negate Cú Chulain's effect.

_Gilgamesh: Remove Cú Chulain from play, Kotomine can special summon Gilgamesh. This monster card can attack all opponent's monsters at once as long as spell card "Babylon Gate" is on the field.

_Special ability: having a hot daughter.

Rin: Gem Knight

_Special card(s): Archer. Rin can only special summon this card with ritual spell card "I call for you, Saber" while having one or more gem knight monster on the field. Equip an equip spell card on Archer, she can then send that equip card to graveyard to have Archer directly attacks opponent's life points. She can also return any equip spell card in both sides's graveyard to the owner. Anytime Archer destroys a monster card, Rin can special summon a monster card from graveyard.

_Special ability: When a warrior monster is send to graveyard, she can special summon it and it's considered as a gem knight monster. She can also search XXX-Shirou card from the deck but it's useless as always.

Shinji: Reptilianne

_Special card(s): Medusa. Tributes a monster card to have this card gain 500 attack. After tributing five monster cards, Medusa can search field spell card "Andromeda Fort". While Andromeda Fort is on the field, Shinji can use opponent's monsters to tribute for Medusa. When this card is send from the field to graveyard, actives it's second effect. Special summon attack a pegasus token, this token has 5000att/5000def and will be send to graveyard in ending phase.

_XXX-Sakura: When Shinji draws out this card, he has to place it on the field. Once the XXX-Sakura is on the field, he has to special summon Sakura. One per turn, Flip a coin for each Sakura card on the field, if it's head, he will automatically lose, if it's tail, special summon another Sakura card.

_Special ability: being a jack-ass.

Edited by Ga-rei Sulley

The Dueling Network looks cool, I'll possibly go there soon.

Garei, you're making decks for other characters huh? That sounds fine, I'll see what I can think of with other anime/videogames.

And I just hate my luck and irony. IRL, I can pull most cards I need from my Deck, but in WC11 I just get average cards or even one that I needed at least four turns ago...no joking XD

EDIT: Anyone knows the name of the song used in the register page? I liked it and would like to see where it comes from. Thanks

Edited by Light Lord

And I just hate my luck and irony. IRL, I can pull most cards I need from my Deck, but in WC11 I just get average cards or even one that I needed at least four turns ago...no joking XD

Same here. I've always hated those moments. However, you gotta love those moments where they came just at the right time. I gotta say, I've been luckier than not in my game. I think in real life there are more people who run a deck more than 40 cards so it seems like things balance each other out as opposed to your 40+ cards to the 99% 40 card decks in game. If that's not the case then your 40 card deck must really hate you. I rarely have 40 card decks in my game. I usually run 44-46 and it works most of the time.

Same here. I've always hated those moments. However, you gotta love those moments where they came just at the right time. I gotta say, I've been luckier than not in my game. I think in real life there are more people who run a deck more than 40 cards so it seems like things balance each other out as opposed to your 40+ cards to the 99% 40 card decks in game. If that's not the case then your 40 card deck must really hate you. I rarely have 40 card decks in my game. I usually run 44-46 and it works most of the time.

I'll give it a try, but I'm just going so slow in WC11. I can't pull the cards for my combos and I have to work with warriors for the moment.

But its true, sometimes I just pull my killing strike in 5 turns or maybe 8, but almost neutralizing anything the opponent has to offer in game.

Edited by Light Lord

I'll give it a try, but I'm just going so slow in WC11. I can't pull the cards for my combos and I have to work with warriors for the moment.

But its true, sometimes I just pull my killing strike in 5 turns or maybe 8, but almost neutralizing anything the opponent has to offer in game.

How far are you in the game? I beated Story Mode in 3 days and unlocked all packs in a week's time.

By that turn count, you should have at least one Synchro on your field already so it's not that bad. I usually win duels around 13 turns(It's getting to the point where I'm seeing that number too much in my game, lol)

Speaking of neutralizing, I just love my The Fabled Unicore. Just the other day on Wifi, This dude keeps activating card effects and keeps getting them nullified. You think after the first time he would stop trying or at least save things for later when things are in his favor, but he just keeps coming.

Edited by UberLughFTW

How far are you in the game? I beated Story Mode in 3 days and unlocked all packs in a week's time.

By that turn count, you should have at least one Synchro on your field already so it's not that bad. I usually win duels around 13 turns(It's getting to the point where I'm seeing that number too much in my game, lol)

Speaking of neutralizing, I just love my The Fabled Unicore. Just the other day on Wifi, This dude keeps activating card effects and keeps getting them nullified. You think after the first time he would stop trying or at least save things for later when things are in his favor, but he just keeps coming.

Well, I'm stuck right now facing Toru's Turbo Duel (in which I'm so that he gets his Scarp Dragon or the Twin headed one in his first round). I have troubles building my Turbo Deck, that's the middle of Chapter 4 I guess. But I'm going slow because between playing it, dueling online (which I shouldn't until I get the cards I want to beat them easily), drawing, and many other stuff, I have little time; my bad for doing so many things XD.

Well, I'm stuck right now facing Toru's Turbo Duel (in which I'm so that he gets his Scarp Dragon or the Twin headed one in his first round). I have troubles building my Turbo Deck, that's the middle of Chapter 4 I guess. But I'm going slow because between playing it, dueling online (which I shouldn't until I get the cards I want to beat them easily), drawing, and many other stuff, I have little time; my bad for doing so many things XD.

Well, since the money in this game wasn't a problem(at least for me, try getting cards from the packs. You can check out the GFAQ board for what cards in the packs.

IMO, the Turbo Decks are harder to build since the Speed Spells depend almost 100% on luck since there's no password for them.

Hey, it's better than beating the game in such a short time that leaves you with nothing to do.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Race on the simulator in the various bike shops, and grab the cards there. You should get a lot of the Speed Spells that way.

Well, I played in my first tournament in over six years, man was it weird to see how much had changed and what hadn't. Especially people seeing Thunder Nyan-Nyan and not knowing what it could do. Okay, sure people only ran it when Chaos first came out. But heaven-forbid Reflect Bounder was a shock for a few people. I must be getting old. tongue.gif

Though finding out one of the players there is the regional winner and runs a $400 card was the more surprising part. Can't remember the name besides it can sacrifice itself to do something, at least according to one of the people that played him. Though seeing the light fairy deck which had the remove two light monsters from graveyard from play to summon might be worth it in my deck. Though I may also be adding some tuners, if only I had a synchro monster that could be summoned with non-specific tuners besides Stardust.

Oh yeah, actual question, how viable would a zombie deck be in the metagame? Looking at the zombie world deck doesn't look too bad, and it would be interesting to see some of the people there surprised by Vampire Lord.

Zombie's biggest problem is Mezuki nerf. Vampy gets run over by just about everything in the Synchro deck, so that's why there aren't too many of him. It's fun, but don't expect to win every single match with it.

I might as well post this. Needs lots of fixing to work against anything... Meta :dry:

Skull Servants Deck - 40 cards

Monsters - 26

Wightmare x3

King of the Skull Servants x3

Magical merchant

Plaguespreader Zombie

The Lady in Wight x3

Necro Gardna

Beast of Pharaoh x2

Armageddon Knight x3

Dark Grepher x2

Goblin Zombie x3

Mezuki

Zombie Master x3

Spells - 5

Allure of Darkness

Book of Life x2

Book of Moon

Burial from a Different Dimension

Traps - 9

Return from the Different Dimension

Call of The Haunted

Chain Destruction

Graceful Revival x2

Gravity Bind

Fiend Comedian x2

Mirror Force

Side Deck

empty at the moment

Extra Deck - 15

Armory Arm

T.G. Hyper Librarian

Ally of Justice Catastor

Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon

Archfiend Zombie-Skull

Revived King Ha Des

Doomkaiser Dragon

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Flamvell Uruquizas

Black Rose Dragon

Scrap Archfiend

Stardust Dragon x2

Scrap Dragon

Mist Wurm

Im aware of the fact that this includes ridiculous amount of horrid ideas.

Edited by Sho.M.the.Nyan.Count

Oh man, that's a lot of monsters. . .so let's see what my brain can do. . .

- Magical Merchant

- Beast of Pharoah x2

- Armageddon Knight x3

- Fiend Comedian x2

- Gravity Bind

+ Foolish Burial

+ Giant Trunade

+ Monster Reborn

+ MST x2

+ Upstart Goblin x3

+ Solemn Warning/Judgment (choose one)

+ Torrential Tribute

Note that your deck is in trouble if Rai-Oh hits the field.

Actually a Skull Servant deck benefits GREATLY with the use of Magical Merchant. Ryko is great as well. The Armageddon Knights are a great way to send your Skull Servant to the Graveyard. Gravity Bind is also a must.

Basically you want a monster heavy line up with that minimum spells and traps possible (mostly stall cards) in a Skull Servant deck. Cards that mill are great. Magical Merchant and/or a Lightsworn engine would be great with Judgment Dragon as a backup boss monster in case you need something other than a King of the Skull Servant with 8000 ATK.

I'd prefer Ryko over Magical Merchant, for very obvious reasons. Judgment Dragon is a stretch, though.

Gravity Bind's nice, until you swarm the field.

*yawn* Mornin'.

That's assuming you've got the King out/in any shape to deal ZOMG damage. If you've got a Zombie Master, Mezuki, and opportunity to attack, and Gravity Bind, it's not fun.

Hm... Good point.

Either way. I suppose not using Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area - B would be okay if you have other monsters to help you out.

Skull Servants Deck - 40 cards

Monsters - 26

Wightmare x3

King of the Skull Servants x3

Magical merchant

Plaguespreader Zombie

The Lady in Wight x3

Necro Gardna

Beast of Pharaoh x2

Armageddon Knight x3

Dark Grepher x2

Goblin Zombie x3

Mezuki

Zombie Master x3

Spells - 5

Allure of Darkness

Book of Life x2

Book of Moon

Burial from a Different Dimension

Traps - 9

Return from the Different Dimension

Call of The Haunted

Chain Destruction

Graceful Revival x2

Gravity Bind

Fiend Comedian x2

Mirror Force

Side Deck

empty at the moment

Extra Deck - 15

Armory Arm

T.G. Hyper Librarian

Ally of Justice Catastor

Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon

Archfiend Zombie-Skull

Revived King Ha Des

Doomkaiser Dragon

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Flamvell Uruquizas

Black Rose Dragon

Scrap Archfiend

Stardust Dragon x2

Scrap Dragon

Mist Wurm

I don't think Burial From A Different Dimension is necessary if you have 3 Wightmares in your deck. Since you would like to keep the King in the graveyard, you shouldn't use its effect to summon itself unless you have sufficient amount of Skull Servant cards in your graveyard. Also, since Plaguespreader Zombie is like your only Tuner, you can use Zombie Master's effect to bring it back and discard a Skull Servant category card for it. Win-Win