General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread.

Ein

I pretty much decided to write up a DoppelJunk deck out of boredom and it is exactly the same as a deck the won a tournament in Japan that I didn't even know existed. Should be fun looking for help for the Extra Deck...

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. . .after more thinking, I might put a couple of Quickdraws and a Drill Warrior in my deck.

The highlight from yesterday's tournament was me stuffing someone's Reasoning.

Feeling like asking this already. What would you say is more important? To have a Deck that can give some beat ups to your opponent with high rarity cards or with low rarity ones?

Many people over here wish to build their Deck with high rarity cards, but once I played with a guy that by the moment he saw my Stardust suddenly began laughing, for it's the Super Rare one, not the one of the highest rarity. He just laughed a bit and in the end I won the duel. He then got a Stardust of the highest rairty but couldn't play it very well, when he brought it when we were playing I got rid of him easily.

What I mean is, does rarity counts if you want to build a good Deck?

Oh, that image is pretty cool too shadowofchaos, nice playmat.

Edited by Light Lord

Erm...no. Never.

It really doesn't. Look at the infamous Machina - someone won a tournament by throwing together three of their structure deck and adding in some of the better spells/traps.

Just because some decks are built around uber-rare cards (Six Samurai, Lightsworn...) doesn't mean the rare cards are immediately good. If you're not a collector, then you should go for the cheapest version of whichever card you need so you can get more of them.

Of course, if you open a pack to randomly get a Ghost Rare, then use it because they are kind of cool - you just don't NEED them, because there's the Super/Ultra/Ultimate Rare versions.

Definitely no Light Lord. There's 2 ways to look at it. One is that rarity doesn't always equal power. Alot of rare cards, particularly earlier cards, are weaker than what you can get in lower rare forms or starter decks. The second way to look is that the structure decks have been including common versions of rare cards since the very beginning. I have United We Stand and Mage Power, 2 cards I personally consider pretty powerful, from the same deck., with Mirror Force as well.

You also have to look and see if a certain rare card actually works for your deck. I know people who used to throw rare cards in their deck just to show off, kinda like your Stardust example, where the guy still lost. If it doesn't work, it doesn't need to be there, no matter how much it's worth.

Erm...no. Never.

It really doesn't. Look at the infamous Machina - someone won a tournament by throwing together three of their structure deck and adding in some of the better spells/traps.

Just because some decks are built around uber-rare cards (Six Samurai, Lightsworn...) doesn't mean the rare cards are immediately good. If you're not a collector, then you should go for the cheapest version of whichever card you need so you can get more of them.

Of course, if you open a pack to randomly get a Ghost Rare, then use it because they are kind of cool - you just don't NEED them, because there's the Super/Ultra/Ultimate Rare versions.

Look at me. My entire deck, except for 9 cards are shiny. It gets raped a lot, especially by assault mode decks. (See "Skill Drain")

HOWEVER, since I'm a collector, I like the fact that it's shiny, and don't mind that it's hard to win sometimes. I look at it as a challenge for my shiny Ice Barrier deck :P

Shiny =/= good

You don't NEED them at all. However, it's nice to have. XD

I will say that Stardust Dragon is one of the better cards i've seen from the new generation. I have one that came with the Shooting Star Dragon tin.

Then there was the time I bought 3 Cyber Dragon tins and one of the packs had Cyber Dragon in it. Wasted $20.sad.gif

If I ever go to nationals, I am making my deck look as cheap as possible. Rarity is for showing off, and I despise that.

But I like having the original rarity of cards... >_> *hides his Ultra Rare Mystical Space Typhoons*

I absolutely despise Ultimate Rare cards since they make the artwork look like crap. REALLY annoying pulling a card you want but it happens to be a freakin Ultimate Rare. So much rage.

I will say that Stardust Dragon is one of the better cards I've seen from the new generation. I have one that came with the Shooting Star Dragon tin.

Then there was the time I bought 3 Cyber Dragon tins and one of the packs had Cyber Dragon in it. Wasted $20.sad.gif

Stardust is amazing.

I'd say you plussed from that seeing as you could have traded or sold the extra Cyber Dragon.

SNEAK PEEK!

Notable cards I pulled: Shien's Adviser (bleh), Mara of the Nordic Alfer (great), and Resonator Call (good), and only 1 Esper Girl and Hushed Psychic Cleric : <.

Luckily my friend pulled a few more Esper Girls which he gave me and I traded for the 2 Hushed Psychic Clerics and 2 Serene Psychic Witch I needed. I was unable to get Psychic Wizard I needed but my Psychic deck is pretty much complete. I just need 2 TG Hyper Librarians.

I'm so happy my Psychic deck is almost completed. My friend managed to trade for 2 of the new Gladiator Beast Essedari making his Glad deck extra annoying much to his delight.

I may go to the Sneak Peek tomorrow to try my luck once again. I was thinking of buying an EXTREME VICTORY box later but I got everything I wanted save for the Psychic Wizard and Tour Guide from the Underworld. I want a Tour Guide from the Underworld...

That's why you use the Ultimate Rare as tradebait.

If you can find people who trade for value, you can manage neat tricks. Just the other day I traded an Ultimate Rare Ancient Fairy Dragon for an Ultra Rare Ancient Fairy Dragon + a Dragunity Knight Trident.

Yes, Ultimate Rare cards are trade bait in general. Doesn't help that Ultimate Rares make the artwork look terrible and the newer ones are thinner than before.

Yes, Ultimate Rare cards are trade bait in general. Doesn't help that Ultimate Rares make the artwork look terrible and the newer ones are thinner than before.

I personally like Ultimate Rare cards.

It's only because I'm probably biased.

The Horus Set I have... my Grandpa gave me 5 SOD packs a week before he left for the Philippines. I opened them, Horus LV4, LV6, a few level support cards.

On the last pack, I pulled Horus LV8. A week later, he passed away.

That was my grandpa's card. "Yugi moment"

I then lost that Ultra rare card with my blue deck box at school. Felt horrible.

I swore I'd get the biggest rare versions of those cards I lost.

Since then I've gotten the Horus set back. Though, I still feel horrible for losing "his cards" in the first place.

Anyways, the ONLY rarity I DO NOT understand at all is "Ghost Rare".

You can't EVEN SEE the artwork unless it's the right angle.

Edited by shadowofchaos

EXTREME VICTORY SNEAK PEEK DAY 2!

I've forgotten what I got but I'm almost done with my Junk Doppel deck, completed my Psychic deck, almost done with my Worm deck, and I'm almost done with my Fabled deck.

Soon my friends and I will swarm our local tourney with the Fabulosos!

Score.

Third (Legitimate) Ninian Brionac for $20.

I am now the Seto Kaiba of Ice Barriers.

I don't care if they're on the limited list, screw that. I have my Ice Dragons.

$20!? I thought Brionic is at least $35 if not $45... Nice find.

Oh man...

I have a Psychic, Fabled, Final Countdown, and a Doppel Junk deck complete more or less.

I'm still testing out my Psychic deck and getting the hang of it and all.

Man, I just realized how many shenanigans my GKs can pull with Magician's circle. It can bring out an Assailant, a Descendant, a Recruiter, a Visionary... anything in the deck pretty much, and if my opponent isn't running Spellcasters(like most people at my local) then it forces out something like an Effect Veiler in attack position, or it gives me a free +1. And bringing out a veiler to the field during battle phase is pretty much a free +1 combined with 2000 damage.

Man, I need Magician's circles.

Man, I just realized how many shenanigans my GKs can pull with Magician's circle. It can bring out an Assailant, a Descendant, a Recruiter, a Visionary... anything in the deck pretty much, and if my opponent isn't running Spellcasters(like most people at my local) then it forces out something like an Effect Veiler in attack position, or it gives me a free +1. And bringing out a veiler to the field during battle phase is pretty much a free +1 combined with 2000 damage.

Man, I need Magician's circles.

It's $5 plus shipping for three of them on Ebay.

My friends pitched in for a box of Extreme Victory today. I saw one of them pull a "Tour Guide from the Underworld". So apparently, that moe artwork is worth $50 on Ebay And totally not because of the Exceed summons usefulness

My friends pitched in for a box of Extreme Victory today. I saw one of them pull a "Tour Guide from the Underworld". So apparently, that moe artwork is worth $50 on Ebay And totally not because of the Exceed summons usefulness

Son of a-I can not find anyone willing to trade their Tour Guide. It is SO annoying!

It's comprehensible, since it blcoks the Synchro use, but still allows Exceed when they come out.

Also, it's a Secret Rare, but anyways, there must be someone willing to trade it somewhere.

Anyone has a copy of YGO 5DS WC 2011 already? I don't know if I should wait 'til I go to USA to buy it for $30 (USD) or buy it in any store around here, but for $500 (MXN).

Edited by Light Lord