General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread.

Ein

Light Lord: Why not update to the newest ban list?

Flux: What I do with your deck highly depends on how easily you can acquire things. I'll start with one Honest and two Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITT: eclipse ditches her hand. I'm tempted to put a random Kuriboh in here. I also feel like I'm forgetting something.

Monsters (19):

Chaos Sorcerer

Goldd x2

Siilva x2

Brrow x3

Fabled Raven x2

Fabled Lurrie

Honest

Level Eater

Morphing Jar

The Fabled Catsith

The Fabled Cerburrel x2

The Fabled Ganashia x2

Spell (15):

Allure of Darkness

Book of Moon

Card Destruction

Dark Hole

Dark World Dealings x3

Dark World Lightning

Giant Trunade

Lightning Vortex

Monster Reborn

MST x2

Pot of Avarice

Pot of Duality

Trap (6):

Divine Wrath x2

Phoenix Wing Wind Blast

Solemn Judgment

Solemn Warning

Torrential Tribute

Extra (15):

Catastor

Black Rose x2

Brionac

Leviathan

Uruquizas (STFU, I LIKE HIM)

Goyo

Mist Wurm

Red Archfiend

Scrap Archfiend

Stardust

Kuddabi

Unicore

Thought Ruler Archfiend

Trishula

NINJA EDIT: I forgot Foolish Burial.

Edited by eclipse

Maybe -1 Allure for a Cerburrel? Also. Have you thought of using Mind Control? It's pretty fun stealing your opponent's Stardust and bringing out Leviathan.

And replace Uruquizas for the manlier Gaia Knight, the Force of the Earth.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Maybe -1 Allure for a Cerburrel?

Isn't five tuners a bit much? I might swap the Allure for Foolish Burial.

Also. Have you thought of using Mind Control? It's pretty fun stealing your opponent's Stardust and bringing out Leviathan.

I think I'll swap out a Divine Wrath. THANKS!

And replace Uruquizas for the manlier Gaia Knight, the Force of the Earth.

What can your manly Gaia do against Marshmallon, HMMMM?

Isn't five tuners a bit much? I might swap the Allure for Foolish Burial.

Not enough in my opinion. Then again it depends on how you run them. I'd try and find room for another Fabled Raven.

I think I'll swap out a Divine Wrath. THANKS!

Divine Wrath is great in Fableds.

What can your manly Gaia do against Marshmallon, HMMMM?

Who uses Marshmallon? That 2600 ATK is amazing. Runs over Stardust and Barkion anything weaker than it just fine and becomes a huge target for you opponent right off the bat making it safer to bring out other big monster once or if they deal with it.

Not enough in my opinion. Then again it depends on how you run them. I'd try and find room for another Fabled Raven.

I'm borrowing the Ravens.

Divine Wrath is great in Fableds.

I know it's godly. . .and I also know that the time I NEED a discard for Divine Wrath will be the time that I have my hands full of Dark World. I'll do a few sample runs, and tweak my deck based on that.

Who uses Marshmallon? That 2600 ATK is amazing. Runs over Stardust and Barkion anything weaker than it just fine and becomes a huge target for you opponent right off the bat making it safer to bring out other big monster once or if they deal with it.

Stupid Fairy decks, that's who

I'll give it a shot, just because Stardust is that common. Thanks!

Most people have better things to do with their time than Magic Cylinder.

Did some play testing with my deck. I need one more "discard-by-effect" card, or better luck. I also might throw out the second Black Rose for Unicore. Lastly, I might shuffle a few things around (put Kushano in there, for instance), because summoning Unicore/Kudabbi is tricky. Level Eater is amazing.

I'm not much of a trap person, hence my only 6 trap cards. XD

I loved when this happened to me a week ago versing my friend's Burn deck:

Friend has full back row (most certainly traps) and 5 monsters in defense mode. 2200 LP for him. I have 5 cards in my hand and 3 face downs and Ninian Brionac in attack position.

*My turn*

Me: I activate Royal Decree.

Friend: I chain my Ceasefire before your Royal Decree goes off.

Me: I chain Royal Decree.

Friend: :/, then I chain Threatning Roar

Me: I declare that you're Royally screwed. "I chain Royal Decree"

yay.png

I use Nini-- I mean Brionac's effect to bounce all of your monster cards to your hand for game.

*Trollface.jpg*

It's safe to say my friend wanted to do this to me:

GreatAether.gif

CARD GAMES, THEY DESTROY FRIENDSHIPS shine.gif

XD

Edited by shadowofchaos

Flux: What I do with your deck highly depends on how easily you can acquire things. I'll start with one Honest and two Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter.

Can I ask a stupid question then, what exactly is the point of dropping the top three cards of my deck? Honest I can sort-of understand especially if I use Asura Priest, though is there something I'm missing about it besides being activated after most traps can be? Now sure in my exodia deck I can understand, but this one? Also, what would be a good replacement for Magic Cylinder? Divine Wrath?

Also to Ein Silver Rose, I was originally trying to have a few blue-eyes monsters and have kaiser sea horse and paladin of white dragons to bring them out. The problem with that is, I can't find my paladin of white dragons or the ritual for it. So I took what Light monsters I had, especially since I was playing my cousin and had very little time to make deck before he left. dry.gif

Thanks for the help so far.

So, I managed to pull a Glow-Up Bulb!(Well, I pulled two, but traded one off for a bundle of Dragunity support, like a third Phalanx, Gae-Dearg, Bracha, Trident, Alector, among other things)

I still can't believe I pulled two Glow Up bulbs last night(only one had been pulled in the whole city before then, I tripled that number. A duel team at my local said it was probably the best damn box he had ever seen... no Vajrayanas though...)

Now that I also know that Five-Headed dragon is getting a reprint in Gold series 4, this deck looks like it'll actually go somewhere

Magic Cylinder does not remove the threat and there are other cards that screw over opponent like Dimensional Prison.

This will sound stupid, but that's the kind of logic I look for sometimes when making a deck. Since Cylinder is considered obselete, no one is expecting it, and thinks I have DP or whatever, and then bam, life points gone, game over.

I think alot of times people are too quick to consider a card obselete or replaceable when it still has it's uses. Cylinder has a whole different effect than DP, so it's not like your comparing running Dust Tornado over MST, or Cyber Dragon to Fiend Megacyber. I personally am a DP user myself, but I bet if it was limited to one, you would consider using Cylinder again, Which is why I hate the ban list, because if DP really is the better card, then why is it not limited by now? (At least I don't think I saw it on the ban list).

That's why I hate the ban list, because they always assume that everyone is going to start using certain cards or 'broken' combinations, usually before the idea of whatever combo they're trying to ban has even crossed our minds. So instead of using these thousands of cards to create unique decks and a unique experience every time, you run into the same deck ideas every time with pretty much the same build every time. Do we really need a 3,182nd ice barrier deck running 3 Dimensional Prison just because the last guy who won a tournament did?

Dimensional Portal makes Sakuretsu Armor obsolete (unless your opponent is running some weird 'Return from a Different Dimension' deck), not Cylinder

In a deck that runs several Cyber Dragons, Cylinder's not a bad card to put in since you can use it to deal some damage and keep a monster on the field for Cyber Dragon's special summon. I won a couple duels with Cylinder just cause everyone expected Saku armor as the single face down card which couldn't stop a zombie swarm for example (but that was back when this Syncro stuff didn't exist).

Edited by Sirius

Cylinder in itself isn't a bad card. It stops an attack and redirects the damage to your opponent. Yeah, D. Prison is generally a better choice, but depending on the deck, you could just use both.

I know a friend of mine uses a Burn deck, and loves to spam Magical Cylinder.

Here's my thoughts about all the cards mentioned so far:

Magic Cylinder - Negates the attack, but does not remove the opponent's monster from the field. Unless you're redirecting something hefty (hello Malefic Cyber End), is probably not worth it.

Sakuretsu Armor - Negates the attack, and destroys the opponent's monster and sends it to the Graveyard. You might be able to get your opponent's Stardust off the field with this card, but that's about it.

Dimensional Prison - Negates the attack and removes the opponent's monster from play. You don't want to do this to someone who's running a Macro deck, obviously. Stardust can't stop this, but Imperial Iron Wall can.

If I want to stop attacks in the most ridiculous way possible, I use Book of Eclipse.

Here's my thoughts about all the cards mentioned so far:

Magic Cylinder - Negates the attack, but does not remove the opponent's monster from the field. Unless you're redirecting something hefty (hello Malefic Cyber End), is probably not worth it.

Sakuretsu Armor - Negates the attack, and destroys the opponent's monster and sends it to the Graveyard. You might be able to get your opponent's Stardust off the field with this card, but that's about it.

Dimensional Prison - Negates the attack and removes the opponent's monster from play. You don't want to do this to someone who's running a Macro deck, obviously. Stardust can't stop this, but Imperial Iron Wall can.

If I want to stop attacks in the most ridiculous way possible, I use Book of Eclipse.

Somehow, I feel like you're insulting my intelligence of this game by mentioning Book of Eclipse.

So, are you saying Magic Cylinder is considered ridiculous just because it doesn't remove a monster from the field? You said it yourself that it should only be used against something with alot of ATK. Not to mention that Dimensional prison, while a good card, should not be the only card in your deck capable of dealing with big threats. the fact that not everyone wants to use Cylinder anymore just makes it more unpredictable when your opponent thinks they can go in for the kill after you've used up the cards they are expecting.

I guess it's just whatever works for you, but don't call Cylinder a bad or obsolete card when it's not. It just has power and usefulness in a different way than what the standard has become. If burn deck users still exist, they'll love having 2 Cylinders in their deck.

Updated to that one, but it doesn't affect the general strategy I want to pull, which is some swarm and then bring powerful Synchro Monster, or with useful effects like Catastor, Trishula or Stardust in low turns.

I'm not really seeing a theme in either deck... >_>

Main theme is to Synchro Summon useful and powerful monsters quickly, Catastor for example erases any non-Dark monster instantly. Brionac lets me dish some cards from the opponent to his/her hand under desperate circumstances, Stardust obvious reasons, Trishula removes three cards, things like that.

Personally, talking about the cards in topic, I prefer Dimmensional Prison. Easy way to restrain your opponent of a useful monster for some time, unless he/she packs a card that brings them from the removed zone. And my second choice wouldn't be Sakuretsu, maybe old Mirror Force, a bit predictable, but if played right, you can clean your opponent attacking monsters with a single card. Though, with Dark Hole back I would go for it, keeping my key monsters safe if that's the case or with Monster Reborn in hand to bring one of them.

Edited by Light Lord

Somehow, I feel like you're insulting my intelligence of this game by mentioning Book of Eclipse.

No, really, I've done that before. My opponent's reaction was priceless. It's an amusing way to stop certain decks from setting up (Six Samurai, I'm looking at you).

So, are you saying Magic Cylinder is considered ridiculous just because it doesn't remove a monster from the field? You said it yourself that it should only be used against something with alot of ATK. Not to mention that Dimensional prison, while a good card, should not be the only card in your deck capable of dealing with big threats. the fact that not everyone wants to use Cylinder anymore just makes it more unpredictable when your opponent thinks they can go in for the kill after you've used up the cards they are expecting.

It's a matter of field advantage. Cylinder gives you none. Dimensional Prison/Sakuretsu Armor do, when they work.

I'm sorry if this sounds, erm, insulting, but try thinking of everything in terms of hand/field advantage. Dimensional Prison/Sakuretsu Armor are seen as one-for-one (the card itself will take a monster with it). Magic Cylinder gives a LP advantage, but will not improve your position, field-wise. That means you have the same monster to deal with on the next turn, as well as whatever else your opponent feels like doing.

I guess it's just whatever works for you, but don't call Cylinder a bad or obsolete card when it's not. It just has power and usefulness in a different way than what the standard has become. If burn deck users still exist, they'll love having 2 Cylinders in their deck.

My kind of burn deck doesn't use Cylinder.

There's a reason why Cylinder went from 1 to 2, just as there's a reason why Book of Moon went from 3 to 1. The ban list is dictated by the competitive scene, and not the casual one. In competitive play, there's a lot of other things that are preferable to Magic Cylinder. In casual play, Cylinder's fine.

No, really, I've done that before. My opponent's reaction was priceless. It's an amusing way to stop certain decks from setting up (Six Samurai, I'm looking at you).

It's a matter of field advantage. Cylinder gives you none. Dimensional Prison/Sakuretsu Armor do, when they work.

I'm sorry if this sounds, erm, insulting, but try thinking of everything in terms of hand/field advantage. Dimensional Prison/Sakuretsu Armor are seen as one-for-one (the card itself will take a monster with it). Magic Cylinder gives a LP advantage, but will not improve your position, field-wise. That means you have the same monster to deal with on the next turn, as well as whatever else your opponent feels like doing.

My kind of burn deck doesn't use Cylinder.

There's a reason why Cylinder went from 1 to 2, just as there's a reason why Book of Moon went from 3 to 1. The ban list is dictated by the competitive scene, and not the casual one. In competitive play, there's a lot of other things that are preferable to Magic Cylinder. In casual play, Cylinder's fine.

It's just a matter of 2 different playstyles then. I personally don't care for the ban list, because I hate how things just seem to change for no reason, and while it might sound crazy, I do remember reading somewhere that some cards are banned before we even get them. the best decks take time and money to put together, just so a few months later half your deck becomes illegal.

Like I said, I like Cylinder, you don't. I choose to play it, and i'm sorry if THIS sounds insulting, because I know HOW to play it. Prison and Sakuretsu are two cards that require no thought other than "flip and done", while using Cylinder effectively would definitely take more planning. That's not saying that the way you play is bad, just that I feel the game went from being something almost like a card game version of FE, with actual thinking and strategy, to "play this card or combo and you win".

To prove my point, I got a free Dragunity deck with my purchase of Mirror Force and United We Stand, 2 cards that used to be rare, but now everyone has access to. Where is the uniqueness in everyone having the same cards? If they wanted things to be fair, then they shouldn't make rare cards in the first place. MF used to run $35-50 everywhere I looked back in '05-'06. Now I have 2 for about $22, plus tons of other good cards.

...I worship thee, Claude. I got so annoyed by the fact that in my Friendly Local Game Store (To be compounded as FLGS from now on...) everyone always ran one of three decks as they were 'the only good ones' that I deliberately made the weirdest I could.

Point:

While it was all about Lightsworns, I ran Morphtronics.

When it was Blackwings, I ran Six Samurai.

When it was Six Samurai, I switched to Genex.

I am now switching to Exceed Summon Turbo when the Exceed Monsters hit the TCG.

And the best part? I got 90% of my Genex deck by trading in two Gateways of the Six that I bought for maybe 6$ each, and are now selling for upwards of 30$. People laughed and called me an idiot...and got R-Genex Locomotion stuffing their precious Synchro Shien down their own throats.

Also, Book of Eclipse For the Win.