General Yu-Gi-Oh! thread.

Ein

Actually the wikia says the "number" exceed monsters(No17 Revise Dragon for example)need the materials to negate their negative effects(Revise Dragon can't declare a direct attack without a exceed material on him).

So there are some restrictions. IDK about what pthers will think if they can only attack twice.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember that No. monsters have that weakness when their material monsters are gone, for example No. 39 Emperor Hope gets destroyed when it's selected as an attack target without Exceed Material Monsters on it.

I can't believe I just bought two Hidden Arsenal 4 packs and I got really lucky pulling of Trishula. That's my new best TCG moment ever.

Edited by Light Lord

I run such a shiny deck I'm totally not posting just to rub it in people's faces

And this deck totally wasn't made because of Ninian

Extra Deck:

1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier DT01-EN031 (Duel Terminal)

(2 substitutes depending on the card I feel like using:

1 氷結界の龍ブリユーナク DT01-JP031 Alternate Art: Click here to see Alternate Art

1: Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier HA01-EN022) Screw Kaiba's 3 Blue Eyes, I have 3 Ninian Brionac Ice Dragons to bounce them back with.

2 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

2 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (It's in the mail with the Hidden Arsenal 4 box all of my friends pitched in with)

2 Stardust Dragon

1 Black Rose Dragon

(1 substitute: ブラック・ローズ・ドラゴン CSOC-JP039 Alternate Art: Click here to see Alternate Art)

1 Red Dragon Archfiend

1 Black-Winged Dragon

I had an Ancient Fairy Dragon somewhere, but I lost it. Yeah I know, I just have signer dragons in there cause I can, it's mostly an Ice Barrier deck. XD

Monsters:

2 General Grunard of the Ice Barrier

2 General Gentala of the Ice Barrier

1 Dai-sojo of the Ice Barrier

2 Geomancer of the Ice Barrier

2 Cryomancer of the Ice barrier

2 Samurai of the Ice Barrier

2 Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier

2 Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier

2 Strategist of the Ice Barrier

3 Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier (NO, I didn't put 3 of her just because of the reason you're thinking, XD)

1 Morphing Jar

1 Battle Fader

Spells:

3 Medallion of the Ice Barrier (One of the few that aren't shiny cards)

3 Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier (Another set of non-shinies)

3 Moray of Greed (Again, one of the few that aren't shiny cards)

1 Card Destruction

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Swords of Revealing light (I love "Dewloren" + "Infinite Swords" + "Morphing Jar" Mill improv strategy. XD)

1 Gold Sarcophagus

1 Dark Hole (This becomes Raigeki with Dai-sojo on the field, XD)

1 Pot of Avarice

1 Giant Trunade

1 Lightning Votex

1 Monster Reborn

Traps:

3 Royal Decree

2 Gozen Match

1 Mirror Force

I can't believe sometimes how fast this deck is for draw power. It even feels like sometimes I have an Exodia deck. XD

Skill Drain would screw me over so bad. I don't have anything bigger than 2800. I rely on my card's effects.

And any of you that would run Trishula against me? Say hello to "Mirror of the Ice Barrier" and goodbye to your removed from play Trishula and 5 other cards.

Edited by shadowofchaos

That is an insane amount of cards. Royal Decree and Gozen Match don't like each other.

I don't activate decree unless absolutely necessary. And from my experience this has had enough draw power to circumvent that issue. Besides, that's what I have Dewloren/Brionac for. Dump an Ice Barrier for Brionac's effect to return it to my hand when necessary, and if it was Brionac, Gentala just special summons whatever I dumped.

46 cards for a deck doesn't seem that bad at all.

My main weakness would be Skill Drain... or a Black Rose. Dai-sojo doesn't stop monster effects. Otherwise, I would have a very nice lockdown.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, from what I've seen and heard from duelists, Stardust and Archfiend have become Synchro staples for almost any deck that involves synchro summoning for their effects. Black Rose works as a substitute to clear the field immediately. The others dragons, they depend on what kind of archetype or strategy you have for them to work well.

As for your general theme, it works out fine IMO, but yeah you need to find a way to get rid of Skill Drain just in case. Stardust would get rid of Black Rose Dragon's destruction effect too. Technically, you have Trishula and Red Dragon Archfiend with over 3000 Atk, since tuners can tune up even if Skill Drain is active, it's not an effect, but an ability. Those two can still give troubles to your opponent but in any case you are out of effects, something not good for a deck that relies a bit on the Ice Barrier's effects.

Yeah, those are pretty much my weaknesses... the only way to get rid of Skill Drain and Royal Oppression is Magic Triangle or Mystical Space Typhoon.

General Raiho isn't really worth putting in there, considering they'll have a hand most likely when they use monster effects. If they didn't have a hand, that's a pretty nice lockdown though, XD

I run such a shiny deck I'm totally not posting just to rub it in people's faces

And this deck totally wasn't made because of Ninian

Extra Deck:

1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier DT01-EN031 (Duel Terminal)

(2 substitutes depending on the card I feel like using:

1 氷結界の龍ブリユーナク DT01-JP031 Alternate Art: Click here to see Alternate Art

1: Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier HA01-EN022) Screw Kaiba's 3 Blue Eyes, I have 3 Ninian Brionac Ice Dragons to bounce them back with.

2 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

2 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (It's in the mail with the Hidden Arsenal 4 box all of my friends pitched in with)

2 Stardust Dragon

1 Black Rose Dragon

(1 substitute: ブラック・ローズ・ドラゴン CSOC-JP039 Alternate Art: Click here to see Alternate Art)

1 Red Dragon Archfiend

1 Black-Winged Dragon

I had an Ancient Fairy Dragon somewhere, but I lost it. Yeah I know, I just have signer dragons in there cause I can, it's mostly an Ice Barrier deck. XD

Extra deck line up seems good. I'd try and get a Scrap Dragon because it's freakin amazing although you are probably trying to summon Spear the Gungnir most of the time or something. Add a Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth. Level 6 Synchro with 2600 ATK is amazing. Runs over Stardust, Barkion, and other stuff like nobodies business. Also, black or red hair on a personified Black Rose Dragon is must. No exceptions!

Monsters:

2 General Grunard of the Ice Barrier

2 General Gentala of the Ice Barrier

1 Dai-sojo of the Ice Barrier

2 Geomancer of the Ice Barrier

2 Cryomancer of the Ice barrier

2 Samurai of the Ice Barrier

2 Pilgrim of the Ice Barrier

2 Blizzed, Defender of the Ice Barrier

2 Strategist of the Ice Barrier

3 Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier (NO, I didn't put 3 of her just because of the reason you're thinking, XD)

1 Morphing Jar

1 Battle Fader

I would definitely run three Gantalas and one Grunard. I feel that three Spirits and Strategists is necessary. Samurai is meh and Strategist blows him out of the water in usefulness. Blizzed if anything should probably be at one for the extra name.

Spells:

3 Medallion of the Ice Barrier (One of the few that aren't shiny cards)

3 Magic Triangle of the Ice Barrier (Another set of non-shinies)

3 Moray of Greed (Again, one of the few that aren't shiny cards)

1 Card Destruction

1 Mystical Space Typhoon

1 Swords of Revealing light (I love "Dewloren" + "Infinite Swords" + "Morphing Jar" Mill improv strategy. XD)

1 Gold Sarcophagus

1 Dark Hole (This becomes Raigeki with Dai-sojo on the field, XD)

1 Pot of Avarice

1 Giant Trunade

1 Lightning Votex

1 Monster Reborn

I like this. Forgot that Moray of Greed existed. I'll definitely tell my friend to run them in her Ice Barrier deck. Also you need Pot of Duality.

Traps:

3 Royal Decree

2 Gozen Match

1 Mirror Force

I do not like Royal Decree in here. :X

If anything you would need Traps to protect yourself. Solemn Judgment and Warning help. Dimensional Prison is great as is Seven Tool of the Bandit.

I can't believe sometimes how fast this deck is for draw power. It even feels like sometimes I have an Exodia deck. XD

Skill Drain would screw me over so bad. I don't have anything bigger than 2800. I rely on my card's effects.

And any of you that would run Trishula against me? Say hello to "Mirror of the Ice Barrier" and goodbye to your removed from play Trishula and 5 other cards.

Perhaps adjust the deck depending on what people use in your area. Trishula just being legal now isn't enough of a reason to side the Mirror but it can be devastating. Personally I'd just negate its summon which most people would prefer to do I guess.

This is just my advice as I am also helping a friend with her Ice Barrier deck. Pure Ice Barriers are kinda painful to run IMO. >_>

You can also use Trap Stun as a substitute for Royal Decree. it is the same effect, only for a single turn, but you can choose when to pop it.

Or be like me and just spam Red Nova Dragon at people.

I may as well actually post what I am currently working on(AKA incomplete, I know this already kthx)

Monsters

Dragunity Legionnaire x3

Dragunity Phalanx x2(;_;)

Dragunity Aklys x3

Dragunity Dux x3

Dragunity Darkspear x3

Dragunity Arma Leyvaten x3

Dragunity Arma Mystletainn x3

Prime Material Dragon x1

Dragonic Knight x1

Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon(<3) x3

Spells

Cards of Consonance x2

Book of Moon x1

Monster Reborn x1

Dragon Ravine x3

Giant Trunade x1

Inferno Reckless Summon x2

Foolish Burial x1

Mystical Space Typhoon x1

Traps

Dark Bribe x1

Call of the Haunted x1

Bottomless Trap Hole x2

Mirror Force x1

Extra Deck

Vortex the Whirlwind x1

Iron Chain Dragon x1

Flamvell Uruquizas x1

Dragunity Knight - Gae Bulg x1

Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana x1(WHY DIDN'T I GET YOU WHEN YOU WERE WORTHLESS?)

X-Saber Urbellum x1

Ancient Fairy Dragon x1

Black Rose Dragon x1

Red Dragon Archfiend x1

Stardust Dragon x2

Collossal Fighter x1

Avenging Knight Parsath x1

Trident Dragion x1

Red Nova Dragon x1(lolnuke)

There are still a few things I am looking for, off the top of my head:

Red Eyes Wyvern x2

Trap Stun x2

Terraforming x2

Future Fusion x1

FIVE HEADED DRAGON

Dragunity Phalanx x1

Dragunity Vajrayana x2

Brionac x1

Other Dragunity synchros because other Dragunity Synchros

Trishula x1

I hate being poor.

I wouldn't run Leyvatein in any number. >_>

Also. Ether, you should run Glow-Up Bulb, Dandylion, and Terraforming.

I KNOW how build a decent Dragunity deck but my memory is failing me for such a task.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

I hope someone pulls a Trishula or 2. ^^'

Two of friends bought a HA4 box but they didn't get one which kind of sucked... Luckily they pulled one from a few booster packs.

Also. I've decided to build a Psychic deck. It's pretty much done and I just need the new Psychic monsters from EXTREME VICTORY. Although I only decided to build a Psychic deck to use Psi Girl. >_>

I got two from two separate packs XD, my best luck at the moment.

Right now, I'm looking to get only Formula Synchron, which I haven't got and it's a rare one only...Also an Effect Veiler too, but from Yusei Pack 3.

Hope you can get your Trishula shadow.

Edited by Light Lord

Formula Synchron is around $14-18 now it's insane!

As for Effect Veiler's only $14 for a Rare or $22 for an Ultra Rare. Ultimate Rares suck so who cares about Ultimate Rare Effect Veiler.

Then again you might be trying to pull it instead while I generally buy singles. >_>

I am in the process of looking for Terraformings, and have access to Dandylion(can likely get both by tomorrow) However Glow-Up Bulb is not something I have currently, and is just too damned expensive. I mean, there is optimum performance builds with a whole bunch of expensive stuff, but I'm on a budget. So unless I get a lucky pull, I am not running a 45$ Glow Up Bulb ever.

Formula Synchron is around $14-18 now it's insane!

As for Effect Veiler's only $14 for a Rare or $22 for an Ultra Rare. Ultimate Rares suck so who cares about Ultimate Rare Effect Veiler.

Then again you might be trying to pull it instead while I generally buy singles. >_>

I try to get both from easier to get packs. Formula, I have to stick with Startstrike Blast, while the Effec Veiler, I can try to get it from Yusei Fudo's duelis pack 3, as well as Starlight Road as an extra help.

Now that I think of it, another Stardusst could be useful just in case, but I have no easy access to card packs right now. I've heard there is one shop in my area, but I can't get there easily at the moment (more over in one pice or with my money intact).

By the way, congrats on getting Trishula eclipse.

Requesting some hlpe guys, I want to build a new synchro deck in WC 2010 (just to see if it works and try to get those cards when WC 2011 is released over here), but I have some trouble deciding which cards to keep in it.

I know a general strategy of having monsters that can be Special Summoned easily and around high levels with Tuners that allow the same thing to bring the synchros, also using level 4 tuners with non-tuners of the same level; but I'm out of ideas of which cards I could use to keep them around or protect them. Any suggestions? If you need to see the cards I have up to now, I'll post them tomorrow.

Edited by Light Lord

Thanks! It's going into the Extra Deck. I was looking for a bunch of other things, and I managed to snag them all. My Chaos deck is complete~!

Well, I started getting into this I was hoping for some advice for a different deck than I had been running.

Just forewarning the last set I actually got a good look at was the one with Cyber Dragon in it. Though I do know about the synchro.

Light Theme Deck

Monsters (20)

Blade Knight x2

Breaker x1

Chaos Sorcerer x1

D.D. Warrior Lady x1

Exiled Force x1

Felgrand Dragon x1 (was planning to take out for a Cyber Dragon)

Hoshiningen x2

Mirage Dragon x1

Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke x1

Reflect Bounder x1

Silent Swordsman LV5 x2

Spirit Reaper x1

Sangan x1

Thunder Nyan Nyan x3

Zaborg, The Thunder Monarch x1

Spells (11)

Card Destruction x1 (Not sure want to keep)

Dark Hole x1

Hammer Shot x1

Lightning Vortex x1

Luminous Spark x1

Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Monster Reborn x1

Nobleman of Crossout x1

Swords of Revealing Light x1

Traps (9)

Call of the Haunted x1

Ceasefire x1

Magic Cylinder x1

Magic Drain x1

Mirror Force x1

Sakuretsu Armor x1

Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x1

Torrential Tribute x1

Waboku x2

So suggestions on how to improve the deck would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would take out Felgrand, since there's only one other dragon in the deck. Felgrand won't have too much help in its Atk or shine in a deck like that. That's the only suggestion I can think of at the moment.

Here's teh new deck I'm working in (under the September 2010 Banlist), any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks in advance.

[spoiler=New Deck]Monsters

Breaker the magical Warrior x2

Cyber Dragon x2

Cyber Valley

D.D. Warrior Lady x2

Dandylion x2

Dark Resonator

Defender the Magical Knight x2

Jinzo

Junk Synchron x2

Krebons

Marshmallon

Mobius the Frost Monarch

Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

Quillbolt Hedgehog

Rose, Warrior of Revenge x2

Shield Wing

Speed Warrior x2

The Tricky

Tragoedia

Spells

Gold Sarcophagus

Lightning Vortex

Mind Control

Monster Reborn

Mystical Space Typhoon x2

Pot of Avarice

Reload

Scapegoat

Swords of Revealing Light

United We Stand

Traps

Dark Bribe

Dimmensional Prison

Dust Tornado

Magic Jammer

Mirror Force

Scrap-Iron Scarecrow

Synchro Deflector

Extra

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Ally of Justice Catastor

Black Rose Dragon

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Goyo Guardian

Junk Archer

Junk Warrior

Lightning Warrior

Magical Android

Red Dragon Archfiend x2

Stardust Dragon x2

Thought Ruler Archfiend

Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Pulled it just 15 minutes ago with my friends.

YESZ emo-FALCONPUNCH.gif

Ninian Ice Barrier deck complete. I can change it around, but I have a more or less satisfied now.

BACK TO CLASS

Edited by shadowofchaos