just how scared of...

Fenrir

31 members have voted

1. 1. are you scared of heights

What's there to be scared about? You're not falling any lower than the floor.

Yeah, you're only falling at a high velocity with a chance of landing on a angle which can cause instant death. If you're high enough you can die even if you land on your feet.

@Topic: Eh sorta.

We had one of those confidence course things at my high school-- bunch of poles like you'd hang phone lines from, but with different configurations of wires between them so you could have someone in a safety harness go up and walk across the wire, or the swings in between, or the rope bridge, or whichever. There was a zipline and a "leap of faith" setup too. I certainly got better at not freaking out just being up there. Never got used too the zipline or the leap, though-- it'd take more than a three week gym class to get me to confidently step off into the void, I think. Actual training might be able to beat instinct, but just a basic knowledge of the laws of physics usually won't cut it.

I don't think it's really an unreasonable fear to have-- it's just instinct saying "don't be up this high, falling will kill you." With modern technology, the ability to beat that instinct can be useful, but humanity would probably have had some issues if the instinct didn't exist.

Not really.

I rode this thing in Kings Island and it did scare me though. But it was fun in the end!

ki_drop-zone_00.jpg

And I go on rollercoasters all the time.

Sometimes I may feel somewhat dizzy when looking down from real high but only if I am in an insecure position, or I KNOW I'm about to drop like that drop tower.

Like the Eiffel Tower in Kings Island too! I was up that thing and I could look down that just fine.

I can say I don't like heights in small spaces. Otherwise, it doesn't really bother me.

As far as other fears, I'm not sure if I have any irrational ones. Then again, a fear of heights, depending on the circumstances, isn't that irrational anyway!

Not really.

I rode this thing in Kings Island and it did scare me though. But it was fun in the end!

PIC

And I go on rollercoasters all the time.

Sometimes I may feel somewhat dizzy when looking down from real high but only if I am in an insecure position, or I KNOW I'm about to drop like that drop tower.

Like the Eiffel Tower in Kings Island too! I was up that thing and I could look down that just fine.

yeah, my mom and sister rode that ride when we went there, i hate those things.

i did go on the eiffel tower tho, that seemed kinda different idk, i was scared but not like i get. i go on rolercoasters and know im not dying yet im still scared its like an instinct as someone mentioned.

yeah, my mom and sister rode that ride when we went there, i hate those things.

i did go on the eiffel tower tho, that seemed kinda different idk, i was scared but not like i get. i go on rolercoasters and know im not dying yet im still scared its like an instinct as someone mentioned.

It sends chills through me to ride it but that's why I ride it. Huuuuuuuuge adrenaline rush XD

Its cage around it just feels protective enough for me. Did you look straight down? Yeah I guess I could imagine it to be like an instinct. If I think of other fears I have I guess it would seem instinctive.

considering I'm 6 foot 6 inches, I'm chill with heights. But tight enclosed spaces, now that is what gets me.

Edited by Gawain

considering I'm 6 foot 6 inches, I'm chill with heights. But tight enclosed spaces, now that is what gets me.

Haha I can imagine how that'd work. Considering I'm 4 ft 10 inches... I'm perfectly fine with enclosed spaces! Well... more like I'm not scared of it but if I'm surrounded by people... of course it's pretty uncomfortable! XD

Specially how in concerts when I'm surrounded by all these taller people I can't see what's going on and I'd definitely love to watch the band play.

I wanna be taller =(

Being denied are you? by like a member of the opposite sex at school or something of the sort.

Not at all. Well, not that much at least. I'm more afraid of the damage it can bring to a friendship if the person doesn't share feelings. Makes both of you judge every single action you do around one another.

Also, the conversation can get ridiculously awkward after that. Which is why it's totally a good idea to end one with it. :V

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Yep. It's the landing.

I lol'd :lol:

Haha I can imagine how that'd work. Considering I'm 4 ft 10 inches... I'm perfectly fine with enclosed spaces! Well... more like I'm not scared of it but if I'm surrounded by people... of course it's pretty uncomfortable! XDSpecially how in concerts when I'm surrounded by all these taller people I can't see what's going on and I'd definitely love to watch the band play.I wanna be taller =(

Hah I feel just like that... Everyone is taller than me. and i have to go through the busiest hall of my school 5 times ;_;

Hah I feel just like that... Everyone is taller than me. and i have to go through the busiest hall of my school 5 times ;_;

Lol going through hallways isn't quite so bad in my school. Though there is this one spot where there's a 3-way intersection and it's always hard to try walk through the traffic but I just follow behind someone who's taller and not likely to get run over XD That person would be my bodyguard!

Oh yeah and about that last comment of mine about concerts... There's one that has 3 bands I listen to coming here March and I think it'd be really awesome if I could go there!!! But this is inside a building. Last (and first) concert (warped tour, which has multiple stages with many many bands) I went to one stage had a gate going around it and we could sit on top of it. So I could see there. Another had a hill and everyone else went to the very middle which had a depression, so I sat on the hill and could watch them. Then the last one had rows of chairs (except for the area right next to the stage) and so I could see there.

This next one is in Emerson Theatre in Indianapolis. I've never been there before but I bet they have nothing that will let me see the people playing. =(

I've always had the random fear of a high floored building suddenly collapsing, and airplanes spontaneous failing. I get a fear of heights when it gets to about 150 feet high.

@Free: I would be like the ultimate traffic person for you or something because sometimes I randomly walk back and forth on crosswalks indecisively. XD

Edited by Reinfleche