Arthur VS Sety VS Corpul

Trueblade74

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best wielder of the Holsety Tome?

• Arthur (Mage-Mage Knight Disc One Nuke)
    • Sety (Pre-promote Sage, Indestructible and canon)
    • Corpul (Priest-High Priest, Est who starts with staffs)

Halved? HALVED?! What the flip is this?

In that hack, characters with minor holy blood can use Divine Weapons, but get half of the stat bonuses.

Since Lester would be the one inheriting major Holsety and he doesn't get a magic-using promotion...

But well, at least Rana gets a horse.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun with Patty soloing Yied.

You can simply have deu pass down a return ring, and have Patty use it to catch up with Celice. Plus she can't even solo Yied.

You can simply have deu pass down a return ring, and have Patty use it to catch up with Celice. Plus she can't even solo Yied.

So the only way to not have Shanan solo Yied is to make sure Patches runs away and ...either leaves Shanan to die or leaves him to solo Yied. 'cos he'll still be there either never providing you delicious Balmung or still providing you delicious Balmung and soloing Yied.

Edited by Integrity

Arthur. Doesn't need a Leg or Knight Ring to be a mounted unit, joins the earliest, and can critical with Wrath (Holsety's insane Evade bonus makes going into Wrath much safer).

You know, I find that no one thinks of using Yuria to fight Ishtore or Blume. The girl has Resire, FTLOG. It's superior to anima in FE4, and it restores her health. Just have her attack then and have Lana nearby just in case.

Edit: And have any of you ever tried to use Corpul? He has strong stats, and no matter who Levin's kid is, they'll always have Critical and Continue.

Edited by Trueblade74

Uh, yeah. I use Yuria against Blume/Ishtore all the time in drafts, and it's great.

I've also used Corple, and he sucks balls. It takes me forever just to get him promoted in time for the final chapter, Holsety or no. I know SOME PEOPLE like to spend all their time grinding and nom-ing citizens to get him promoted asap, but the rest of us prefer to keep moving.

That, and I'd rather have my Holsety from chapter 8 instead of chapter 10 at the absolute earliest (because there is no fucking way you're convincing me that you can promote Corple in chapter 9 in a reasonable timeframe. No. Fucking. Way.)

Edit: And have any of you ever tried to use Corpul?

There's the keyword. You try to use Corpul. You succeed in the use of Sety and Arthur.

Levin's kid is, they'll always have Critical and Continue.

No matter who the Mage or Sage is, they'll always be able to attack.

Edited by Furetchen

I could give a character level 1 unpromoted, base 10 HP, base 0 everything else, an E in axes/swords/whatever, make him join in endgame without an arena but give him 200% growths across the board.

He'll have incredible 20/20 stats. But they won't mean squat if he can't even get there in the first place.

Edited by Tiki's Pet Pikachu

Edit: And have any of you ever tried to use Corpul? He has strong stats, and no matter who Levin's kid is, they'll always have Critical and Continue.

I have, in my first run, when I didn't think there would be anything wrong with Levin falling for Sylvia.

Yes, Corple turned out really awesome, and I seriously think Levin is the best dad he could ever get... but he still fails in comparision to Arthur and Sety. If you want what's best for Corple, make Levin his dad. If you want the best way to utilize Holsety, give it to Arthur or, as some would argue, Sety, but definitely not Corple. This question is about Holsety, not Corple, so...

Levin!Arthur @Level 30

HP 67.4

STR 9.2

MAG 23.5

SKL 22.0

SPD 22.0

DEF 13.0

RES 12.2

LUK 22.6

Levin!Corpul @Level30

HP 64.8

STR 4.3

MAG 26.8

SKL 23.4

SPD 23.0

DEF 11.2

RES 21.1

LUK 20.6

Levin!Sety @Level30

HP 63.4

STR 6.2

MAG 27.5

SKL 26.8

SPD 30.0

DEF 14.6

RES 16.4

LUK 16.8

So... Corpul barely beats Arthur, at level 30, and both are completely dwarfed by Sety. This is of course ignoring absolutely everything else that makes Arthur great and Corpul a waste.

You are a bad troll.

You know, I find that no one thinks of using Yuria to fight Ishtore or Blume. The girl has Resire, FTLOG. It's superior to anima in FE4, and it restores her health. Just have her attack then and have Lana nearby just in case.

I almost always kill Ishtor and Blume with Julia.

Excepting for the fact that, unlike a certain Arthur, Julia has a hit of ~35 on average, it's pretty good.

That makes her a good fallback, but not much more.

And no, my Julia is almost never underleveled.

EDIT: For an amusing crossover with your other thread, the best way to make it better is to cart somebody over from the other castles.

That somebody?

...Laylea.

Edited by Integrity

Julia doesn't do much damage at all to Ishtor and Blume. She has like 20 Mag at most (that's giving her 9 levels, she has an 11 base and a 100% growth), so 32 atk. Ishtor has 50 HP/14 Res, Blume 65 HP/16 Res. 3HKO on the former, 5HKO on the latter, not taking into account her atrocious hit, Blume's Big Shield, or throne healing. And she doesn't double.

...Well, I've lost my faith in humanity...

Because Corpul's not as good compared to Arthur or Sety? I think it would take something a lot worse for one to lose their faith in the entire human race :<

No, because everyone keeps objecting to my beliefs.

You can believe that Corpul is better, that doesn't make it true. Statistically, Arthur and Sety beat him clear outta the water as Holsety users, as shown multiple times throughout this entire topic.

None of us are saying that you can't use him, or that he won't be a great unit; he can be a great unit :<

We're just telling you the facts that he's not better comparatively.

Bolded for emphasis. You cannot believe hard enough to utterly thwart the game's coding, therefore it's just an opinion which can be disagreed with.

Bro, this is a debate topic, people are going to disagree. Don't be so butthurt.

Anyways my slice of cake on the issue, Arthur has the best utility while Sety is better for endgame. I prefer Sety due to just the sheer broke-ness of his stats. But Arthur offers more early game use however.

This opportunity is too good to pass up... I'm pulling an Interceptor here:

Don't be silly, Trueblade74. You're not wrong because people object to your beliefs; you're wrong because your points are weak and poorly supported. The fact that people object to your beliefs is a symptom of being wrong, not the cause of it. Canary in the coal mine, so to speak.