What is your preferred team for FE 9?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer to change up my team every time. In fact, there's almost no recurring characters that I've used every time or even close to every time. It's generally just whoever I want for that runthrough. Reyson is a must though... Always Reyson.... Anyway. I'm on chapter 17 right now and this is my team so far:

Ike

Oscar

Boyd

Rolf

Zihark

Rhys

Kieran

Astrid

Makalov

Gatrie

Soren

I find it to be a pretty good team. Only Oscar, Boyd, Gatrie, and Rhys have promoted so far, but Kieran, Astrid, and Zihark are getting there!

My current team is:

Ike

Soren

Ilyana (yeah shes ok this time around. Of course she isnt bad in this game.)

Astrid

Titania

Mia (ugh.)

Jill

Marcia

Tanith

Its a transfer run for mostly the ladies. Im hoping an Ilyana transfer will make her less crappy in RD. Not too worried about leveling Mia up too much cuz i just...eww i just dont like her.

• 1 month later...

I always have Oscar in my team *_* I just love his 8 def when he joins, and I ALWAYS get him to support with Ike, because I love having 2 dodge-masters in my team xD <3

Then comes Ilyana, with A support with Zihark.

I also enjoy using Nephenee and Mia (Mia usually gets A support with Rhys, because I enjoy their conversations, and apart from ZiharkxIlyana, this is one of my most loved pairings *_*)

Soren always ends up in my team because I have healing needs xD, along with Mist.

Oh, I nearly forgot about Jill! With A support with Mist, she's her perfect "bodyguard".

for the archers.. I only used Rolf in my first pt. I'm not using them so much, because I have Oscar using bows after promotion xD

and well, I use both Volke and Sothe, but when I can't take so many units along, I just use Volke, because I don't have time to babysit Sothe every time .w.

And... I just love Titania, but I'm not much a fan of pre-promoted units, so I just take her as a tank, with unequipped weapons in order to babysit Soren in the early chapters. Then I just let Oscar take her place as my main paladin *_*

Of what I remember from those distant times, I usually had:

Ike

Soren

Titania

Boyd

Mist

Jill

Ilyana

Zihark

Calill

Nephenee

Reyson

Sometimes:

Rolf, once

Shinon, once

Tormod, twice

Tanith, almost always

Rhys, once and deleted play through, his str was so low that cats and tigers in the desert map 2HKO'd him.

Elincia, never

Bastian, just once.

Most kills: Titania :o:

How's that surprising, even when we're not playing for low-turns?

Don't take it seriously. In my play runs she almost soloed Chapter 8. I always send Ike and Soren to the left part, Titania to the right one, and Boyd at the center-below part of the map equipped with a hand axe. Almost 40% of the animations were featuring Titania. Never tried a low turns play though.

Oh, and, generally, Ike was 2nd, Boyd 3rd, Zihark 5th and 4th??¿?¿? Those are my favourite FE9 characters, including Ilyana, Soren and Calill.

Edited by Quintessence

Always:

Geoff

Bastian

Mia

Marcia

Jill

Sometimes:

Oscar

Kieran

Boyd

Rhys

Mist

Titania

Stefan

Callil

Largo

Never ever:

Ilyana

Seriously, fuck Ilyana

Edited by Snarf

It's been quite a while since my PoR broke, but I do remember some that I'd usually use.

Soren, Reyson, Zihark, Marcia, Maurim, Rhys, Mia, Geoffrey, I think Nephenee, maybe Janaff, and maybe Haar. I can't use all of them but those were ones I'd use the most.

My most recent hard mode playthrough was with: Ike, Zihark, Oscar, Boyd, Ilyana, Brom, Kieran, Lethe, Ranulf, Reyson, Mist, Elincia, Tanith, Nasir, and Giffca. I generally like to choose Oscar and Zihark a lot, but I found a liking for Brom. He got caps in str, ski, spd, and def on his own. It was so awesome watching him hit Luna after Luna consecutively during the same battle. I am probably going to prefer using him more often (rng blessed). :)

Oscar does great job on my playthroughs as he never lets me down or gets bad stats at the end, this goes for Zihark and Kieran too. The only real upset was Ilyana. I had to stick her behind Zihark and position her between tight choke points to make sure the enemy did not attack her while Zihark acted as a wall off. The only three characters I will continue to use are Brom, Oscar, and Zihark more.

I typically play on the lower difficulties, so I drop Titania pretty early, if not almost immediately. Then when Ike promotes, everyone is pretty much sidelined or used as a meatshield. But on my last few runthroughs, I tried to give some other people kills, and it certainly made the game more interesting than watching Ike Aether his way through 40 enemies per map. I really want to use Boyd more, and I know he's good, but every single time I've tried him he's been RNG screwed (say what you like about randomness and probability, after getting sucky stats over and over, you kinda lose interest in a character), so I usually bench him after a couple chapters. Also, I did a swordmaster run a while back, and that was oodles of fun, so I think Mia and Lucia might scrape onto the sometimes list soon (okay, maybe just Mia, since Lucia is rubbish).

Always:

Ike

Jill

Zihark (my personal favorite non-Ike character, even though I know he's not fantastic statistically; throw vantage on him with Vague Katti, and he's fun)

Oscar

Nephenee

Soren

Mist or Rhys (always one of the two, but I actually tend to use Mist more)

Volke (combat-wise, I only use him sometimes, but he's pretty much always there for thieving/picking)

Sometimes:

Gatrie

Kieran

Stefan

Tanith

Edited by Ragnell

• 1 month later...

Always:

Boyd

Oscar

Kieran

Jill

Marcia

Nephenee

Rhys

Volke (whenever there's treasure but never use him for fighting)

Reyson (sometimes not to endgame but on all other maps)

Sometimes:

Tormod (depends if I feel like training him)

Soren

Rolf (same as Tormod)

Gatrie

Zihark

• 1 month later...