I have the most awesome math teacher ever

Ansem

Seriously, he is awesome. He is one of those teachers that could be fun and knows how to teach as well, a rare find in NY... well, PE, whatever.

He's hilarious too, for example, during an exam, when everyone is anxious and shit, he's like "You have 2 more minutes..." Then lets everyone freak out and then he says "'till you have a lot more time left."

"Navid, stop talking, people are trying to fail."

...XD

Does your math teacher have a triple bro in his name?

I don't think so.

Yes, my math teacher was (fyes, final exams kick in, he did not deserve the title BRO three times) called Bro, that's his first name. his second & third names are Rutger & Olivier, his initials Spell: B.R.O.

His last name is robertson, so he is mister B. Robertson.

He's a maniac, shame, he's no fun. So he does not deserve the title BRO.

Man my math teacher was an absolute genius. The guy differentiated a messed up function with logs and trig all in his head.... That being said, his class was kinda boring (except when he showed us his crazy math skills).

My calculus teacher was this excellent old lady who would show up to class ten minutes late, tell stories for another, teach for the last ten, and somehow still get people to get bunches of 5's on the AP exams. Then after the exams, she let us play video games in class.

...She also seemed to be shipping various students with each other occasionally, which was awkward...

My calculus teacher was this excellent old lady who would show up to class ten minutes late, tell stories for another, teach for the last ten, and somehow still get people to get bunches of 5's on the AP exams. Then after the exams, she let us play video games in class.

...She also seemed to be shipping various students with each other occasionally, which was awkward...

Well that sounds like my Language teacher.

Except for the video games part.

Bugger.

All my teachers except my math teacher do this >_>

Video games in class? That is my psychology class! The best part, my teacher is trying to sell it off as an actual school assignment!

Going to be really specific so people can understand how ridiculous this is.

Differential Equations, also known as Engineering Math: the HIGHEST level abstract (i.e. not applied) mathematics class, and the hardest, of my 4 year Bachelor's degree (of Computer Science, to be specific) program.

I was eligible to take this class in high school.

I did not make a 5 on any of the AP exams I took, math oriented or otherwise.

[...]teach for the last ten [minutes...]

[...]and somehow still get people to get bunches of 5's on the AP exams[...]

Fucking what. Probably the best of the Calculus teachers I had was a one "Mrs. (Ms.?) Sledge" known as "The Hammer".

There was definitely not just 10 minutes of teaching in her class.

Edited by Mazda

My BC Calc teacher last year brought us food as a demonstration on volumes and rotation.

I finished the AP exam with time to take a nap in the end. Got a 5. He taught me well.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I don't remember differential equations being that hard... Of course it was covered in Advanced Mathematical Methods for Physicists, and not in an eponymous course. Complex Variables and Differential Geometry weren't bad either.

Algebra, however, kicked my ass.

I don't remember differential equations being that hard... Of course it was covered in Advanced Mathematical Methods for Physicists, and not in an eponymous course. Complex Variables and Differential Geometry weren't bad either.

Algebra, however, kicked my ass.

So long as it isn't some putrid equation like asking you the differential of x^sinx