What do you find weird about the game?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that anything really strikes me as weird, it's more like a bunch of interesting ideas that they didn't work out good in the game. Transfers, multiple parts (similar to FE4), another laguz type, and all the teams eventually coming together were some of the things I did like about the game, but most ideas were just poorly executed (lolbloodpact).

Nealuchi leaves at the end of Part 2 and mysteriously reappears in 4-1, despite not being on any team at that point.

Title says it all. What do you find weird about the game?

For me, it's FE9 > FE10... They wear the same clothes for 3 years... And they seem to upgrade themselves. :P:

Um, they don't. While the armour looks similar, usually it's different enough that it's clear that it's not the same clothes.

The only ones that haven't changed anything are Sothe and Volke, I think.

The way the story falls apart the moment Part 4 rolls around, especially when Ranulf spoils the identity of the Black Knight. Seriously, who's idea was that?

This.

Seriously, everything about Part 4 story/dialogue wise sucked.

Um, they don't. While the armour looks similar, usually it's different enough that it's clear that it's not the same clothes.

The only ones that haven't changed anything are Sothe and Volke, I think.

Considering how much Sothe has grown they're probably new clothes that look a whole lot like his old ones.

@Nealuchi I usually assumed he was accompanying Leanne, just didn't join in the fighting directly for some reason.

Mekkah hasn't played this game yet can still debate it like he's played it with 2 years tennis experience.

I think the weirdest thing about this game is how Ilyana is the unit with the most availability yet she still manages to suck.

The only part about RD's story I didn't like was the bloodpact. Part 4 was okay to me. As for what I found weird about the game: not ever being able to forge Wind Edges, not being able to forge Light Tomes in Part 3, Jill's base stats, the low speed caps, Micaiah's Sacrifice and Nailah's Glare.

Mekkah hasn't played this game yet can still debate it like he's played it with 2 years tennis experience.

Unless you're being deliberately ironic here, that phrase doesn't mean what you think it does.

I find it weird that I can change around the LEA's inventory in chapter 4-4. It doesn't even make sense that I'd be able to.

As for Nealuchi, he appears in the cutscene before 3-2 (?) with Naesala, Tibarn, and the other birds.

Also with the Ranulf thing, wasn't it theorized forever about who the Black Knight was?

As for my weird thing, I found it weird that Jill and Sephiran had a boss conversation. I don't see how he was responsible in any way for Shiraham's death, yet he tells her that.

The only part about RD's story I didn't like was the bloodpact. Part 4 was okay to me. As for what I found weird about the game: not ever being able to forge Wind Edges, not being able to forge Light Tomes in Part 3, Jill's base stats, the low speed caps, Micaiah's Sacrifice and Nailah's Glare.

Actually, I thought that Jill's low base stats suited her since she does have the major advantage of flight, so in a way, it's balanced that she wouldn't have great stats.

Then I saw Haar's base stats and remembered this was a Fire Emblem game.

Other weird things:

Dragonlord M has higher caps everywhere except RES than Marshalls. Great balance there, IS.

But weapon triangle control and weakness to thunder magic! Surely this evens things out.

lol not really.

Thunder hit rates suck, giving Haar an easy time avoiding spells, and weapon triangle doesn't do much with support/map bonus/biorhythm. And in HM there is no weapon triangle.

lol not really.

Thunder hit rates suck, giving Haar an easy time avoiding spells, and weapon triangle doesn't do much with support/map bonus/biorhythm. And in HM there is no weapon triangle.

I think you missed the sarcasm. But in any case, Haar doesn't tend to have an easy time avoiding Thunder, or any Magic for that matter. A better fix for that problem is Nullify.

Actually, I thought that Jill's low base stats suited her since she does have the major advantage of flight, so in a way, it's balanced that she wouldn't have great stats.

My problem with Jill isn't that her bases are low, but rather because 11str and 13def with 15spd on a Wyvern Rider is ridiculous.

The lack of a recruitable Levail is strange and unforgivable.

Indeed.

I think the weirdest thing about this game is how Ilyana is the unit with the most availability yet she still manages to suck.

LOL! I know right?

Sothe of all people being one of the central characters in the game. Wut.

Sigrun not being as awesome as she should have been as a playable character.

Sanaki joining yer team.

The plot logic of part 4.

Vika vanishing for nearly the entire game.

Third tier promotions. (yeah that was odd for me.)

Switching Points of view. (very cool but weird)

Pelleas starts as a second tier unit but doesn't take part in the fighting in Part 1. Izuka is a third tier unit, also doesn't take part in the fighting.

Many of the characters have growth rates that do not suit their classes.

Ike has the potential to be killed in one shot by a Thunder Sage in 3-1, this is true of many other units as well. This is strange considering that Thunder Magic is both the weakest magic and the least accurate. In PoR, Thunder Magic still had bad accuracy but at least it had the highest attack power to make up for it. Additionally, only one character can use Rexbolt in this game, whereas the other SS level tomes can be used by at least two units.

Zelgius beat the crap out of Skrimir with an Iron Sword. This same Zelgius was willing to be executed by Valtome even though he could have easily soloed Valtome's whole army.

Meg is one of the weaker units initially in terms of Strength, yet she is still able to lift a cow. Makes me wonder what the other units could lift?