What do you find weird about the game?

Well yeah it was kinda just by looking at Bertram and the first figure that pops into my head was Renning. I wasn't actually thinking "hey that's Renning!!" I was thinking, wow that guy and Renning look pretty similar. It all made more sense to me when they said he was Renning.

Oh yeah like Tanith's sonic sword in PoR? That'd be cool to have the fire and thunder one. Or maybe light and dark as well. =o

Oh yeah and didn't Petrine have a fire lance? But if it was long distance wouldn't she have just thrown it? =[ I forget.

Edited by Agnaktor

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]Quite a few characters are rendered nearly useless to due availability by the plot (I was ok with Nephenee, Heather, and Brom coming back out of nowhere in Part 3, but Tormod's crew?)

But their availability doesn't suck at all.

Honestly, did nobody check to see if Oliver was dead?

How would they check exactly? The secret conspiracy organization in Begnion were the only ones that knew he was alive. He was sentenced to execution, in fact; you merely captured him in FE9.

Too bad there are no magic swords in this game, even Mist's Florete is physical. :(:

Despite the sword suggesting otherwise. Had she had Florete as magical, mist usefulness would have skyrocket. But alas, this did not happen and her usefulness is arguably about as good as Rhys'.

Duke Renning being that crazy Daein general from the last game. That was kinda...uh...out of nowhere.

Actually, the Bertram = Renning connection was kind of foreshadowed (Bertram has an exclusive conversation with Elincia, the same stats as Renning, and it fits with what we know about Ashnard).

It's also hinted that when Bertram was defeated, Bastian arranged for him to be secretly captured rather than killed. That's the purpose of his support conversation with Volke. I think it's a shame Renning didn't get to keep his Runesword, though! I think it would have been pretty cool for him to get it as a Prf weapon.

Basically that. Hes got the same mustache as well. If you look really closely at Bertram, you can see that they are indeed the same guy. Plus Bertram reacts to Elincia in PoR. So when that little point came up in FE10 i was all "Oooohhh snap!"

Ena losing her S rank, and some stats i think, in the span of 4/5 chapters.

I noticed she had awesome stats when i played 4-1 in that HM draft and thought: "wow is she really this good?" I never realized she lost rank and stats in 4-E. That's definetely really weird.

DDDD= Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?? That's dumb. I never noticed but I did know she just wasn't that good. =[

You know, I never knew that. Now I remember her having 38 Atk at 4-1. Regardless, she's bad.

I noticed she had awesome stats when i played 4-1 in that HM draft and thought: "wow is she really this good?" I never realized she lost rank and stats in 4-E. That's definetely really weird.

Her stats are nowhere close to "awesome". She's barely good at chipping in NM.

• Duke Renning being that crazy Daein general from the last game. That was kinda...uh...out of nowhere.

Are you serious? I called this back before RD even came out. Bertram looked exactly as Renning had been shown in one of the early cutscenes.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like how they had you switching between armies. I would wather play as 1 army. They could of showed the view points of the other armies but not as you playin as them. I justed wanted to play as my old mercenaries i loved :D

They made experience alot more complicated and i didnt like how they had 3rd tier classes.

I liked how they tried to make the graphics more appealing though (even though graphics really dont make a game good).

I liked how they made coins usefull in this game though lol

I liked the Laguz transformation better.

What i didnt like the most was the last chapter. They could of made the fights more realistic.

All together the story plot was decent but wasnt as good i was hoping it to be.

I find it weird that IS invented their own definition of a god in this game.

IMHO, the plot is absolute shit, only better than Ephraim's route of FE8 where everything that happens is because some kid is jealous of our main lord.

BTW, Micaiah is probably my least favorite FE character of all time (for combat AND personality).

Edited by rigadoog

What did IS were smoking when they decided to put caps? 22 spd cap for Generals? 24 spd cap for Sages? I think the caps for T2 should have been 30 everywhere and 40 everywhere for T3. Some units would be so much better. See, Meg. She caps speed at 22, and she caps it really fast. If caps for T3 were 40, she would easily double all the enemies.

What did IS were smoking when they decided to put caps? 22 spd cap for Generals? 24 spd cap for Sages? I think the caps for T2 should have been 30 everywhere and 40 everywhere for T3. Some units would be so much better. See, Meg. She caps speed at 22, and she caps it really fast. If caps for T3 were 40, she would easily double all the enemies.

Yeah. After all, who gives a damn about variety?

ya srsly why should character class matter

If Meg had 40 base speed, she would easily double all the enemies. That doesn't make it a good idea.

However, I agree that low stat caps are a bad thing. They reduce variety between characters (since they all end up capping anyway) and they also remove the possibility of RNG-blessing while preserving the chance of RNG-screwing.

Yes, and because Gods are apparently just girls who can randomly cause floods and decide to leave and quit their job to do who knows what.

Except she didn't "randomly cause floods". She was attempting to stop the destruction of war. Yune didn't wake up one day and go "imma cause a flood lol so randum".

And it's obvious that with this game, as with all FEs, they've been going for a more mythological approach to gods rather than a monotheistic view (although even the Christian God caused a massive flood so I don't understand how causing floods is ungodly).

Edited by Anouleth

-pallys being nerfed, when they were invaluable in PoR

-Stiletto doing bonus damage against armors in PoR, but not in RD

-Sothe having to wait to promote to whisper, while Heather can do it whenever

-no Creiddylad on Lehran

-no support conversations

-armies fighting eachother, characters leaving Part 1 and returning Part 4

-wildheart stats being nerfed, despite the description that says that it only halves exp gained

-how rexaura and wishblade got into the hands of Levail and Lekain from Bryce and a Daein Bishop

-hetzel cannot be spared

-no oliver x reyson ending

-the need to re-halfshift when volug didn't need to in Part 1

-Sanaki not being able to wield a staff

-the branded not getting laguz features (claws, wings, etc)

-broken mastery skills that kill 80% of the time

-nihil endgame bosses (I liked being able to aether on the Black knight and Ashnard in PoR)

and other stuff

-pallys being nerfed, when they were invaluable in PoR

Paladin has been arguably the best class in almost every single FE, so for me, it was a welcome change

-Stiletto doing bonus damage against armors in PoR, but not in RD

-Sothe having to wait to promote to whisper, while Heather can do it whenever

-no Creiddylad on Lehran

-no support conversations

I thought these were weird too

-wildheart stats being nerfed, despite the description that says that it only halves exp gained

I think this is fine, Wildheart would have been OP if it had actually just halved EXP gains, you could just give it to someone like Giffca.

-hetzel cannot be spared

He's part of an FE archetype of having an enemy who appears to be a good person, but you have to fight. A few characters like this from other games off the top of my head were Shiharam (FE9), Uhai (FE7), and Ishtar (FE4)

-the need to re-halfshift when volug didn't need to in Part 1

I think that it was just abnormal in Part 1, it works this way for the rest of the game once you can remove wildheart. By the way, if you have Wildheart equipped, you can just revert and half-shift in the same turn before using up your turn, so you can refill the gauge to 30 with no penalty, and you won't revert unless you lose your entire gauge in one enemy phase.

-broken mastery skills that kill 80% of the time

I didn't like these either, but it's not like they were much more fun to use in PoR where Aether was the only one that actually activated, or did anything when it activated.

-nihil endgame bosses (I liked being able to aether on the Black knight and Ashnard in PoR)

Required due to all of your units essentially having Lethality.

Edited by rigadoog

By the way, if you have Wildheart equipped, you can just revert and half-shift in the same turn before using up your turn, so you can refill the gauge to 30 with no penalty, and you won't revert unless you lose your entire gauge in one enemy phase.

What is this I don't even

When you half-shift, your laguz's gauge displays 30. It cannot be lowered. When you revert from a half-shift, it completely empties your laguz's gauge. You can half-shift from any amount of gauge, but you need 30 to full-shift.

Also, Wildheart does not halve exp gain, despite the description. Half-shifted exp gain is the same as full-shifted exp gain, though.

What is this I don't even

When you half-shift, your laguz's gauge displays 30. It cannot be lowered. When you revert from a half-shift, it completely empties your laguz's gauge. You can half-shift from any amount of gauge, but you need 30 to full-shift.

Also, Wildheart does not halve exp gain, despite the description. Half-shifted exp gain is the same as full-shifted exp gain, though.

He meant that you can restore the Wildheart gauge, and he's right. Aside from Volug in part 1, oddly enough, Laguz still lose gauge when in halfshift, but they can revert and re-halfshift to fill it up.