What do you find weird about the game?

He meant that you can restore the Wildheart gauge, and he's right. Aside from Volug in part 1, oddly enough, Laguz still lose gauge when in halfshift, but they can revert and re-halfshift to fill it up.

thanks for clarifying

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because all genes need to be co-dominant, right? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

OT: Ashera, Goddess of Order, has a smaller magic stat than Calill. A first-rate sage indeed.

I took Ashera's tiny Magic stat as being a representation of how weak the gods really are behind their façade. Of course, her weapon has like, 50 might to make up for it.

I took Ashera's tiny Magic stat as being a representation of how weak the gods really are behind their façade. Of course, her weapon has like, 50 might to make up for it.

I interpreted as representing that as a goddess of Order rather than Chaos, her talents are more in defense. I would imagine that Yune would be the opposite and focus on offense over defense.

If Meg had 40 base speed, she would easily double all the enemies. That doesn't make it a good idea.

However, I agree that low stat caps are a bad thing. They reduce variety between characters (since they all end up capping anyway) and they also remove the possibility of RNG-blessing while preserving the chance of RNG-screwing.

Except she didn't "randomly cause floods". She was attempting to stop the destruction of war. Yune didn't wake up one day and go "imma cause a flood lol so randum".

And it's obvious that with this game, as with all FEs, they've been going for a more mythological approach to gods rather than a monotheistic view (although even the Christian God caused a massive flood so I don't understand how causing floods is ungodly).

Err, you misunderstood me.What I meant was what if Meg could cap speed in T3 at 40? She would easily reach it, thus be really better.

If everybody's caps in T3 were 40, they could just lower the speed growths of some characters to balance it. I don't give a damn about variety, class caps were still a bad idea.

Edited by Lilmik11

Err, you misunderstood me.What I meant was what if Meg could cap speed in T3 at 40? She would easily reach it, thus be really better.

No, I understood you perfectly fine. However, just because it makes Meg better doesn't make it a good thing. It almost feels like you're stating the obvious by saying that with higher stat caps Meg would have more speed.

If everybody's caps in T3 were 40, they could just lower the speed growths of some characters to balance it. I don't give a damn about variety, class caps were still a bad idea.

No, they weren't. No one cares what you care about, class caps are there for a good reason. Generals are not supposed to be as fast as Swordmasters. Falcoknights are not supposed to be as strong as Warriors. Universal caps of 30 and 40 all around would be a terrible idea as virtually anyone not on a mount would end up absolutely useless and the game would be laughably easy when a character like Haar never needs to uncap his Spd.

Because all genes need to be co-dominant, right? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

True. I just find the entire concept of being Branded a little odd.

The weird thing about wildheart isn't that it lowers stats (Demi band did this in PoR, so it's really no surprise), but that the description is completely off. (If it did half exp, like the description says, then you could put paragon and wildheart together to do essentially the same thing as formshift.)

Pelleas saying blarg to Sephiran was weird. :awesome:

Edited by Isaac55

I find it weird how Wildheart is permanent for Volug in Part 1, but later the gauge reduces starting Part 3. Why was this, again? And I wish you could give it to herons, because they are laguz, regardless. :(:

I don't give a damn about variety, class caps were still a bad idea.
So you want a unit like Gatrie just as fast as Mia and you don't want BEXP to be as useful for leveling up anymore? o_O

No, they weren't. No one cares what you care about, class caps are there for a good reason. Generals are not supposed to be as fast as Swordmasters. Falcoknights are not supposed to be as strong as Warriors. Universal caps of 30 and 40 all around would be a terrible idea as virtually anyone not on a mount would end up absolutely useless and the game would be laughably easy when a character like Haar never needs to uncap his Spd.

That's not true at all. The only mounted unit that's really hampered by his caps is Oscar (and even that is a mixed blessing since he can no longer BEXP his strength and defense). Most mounted units are hampered by horrible base stats, or horrible availability, or being in maps that hate horses (in Fiona's case, all three). You think that people would be falling over themselves to use Makalov and his amazing 18str/18spd (remember that Rolf has 17str/19spd and arguably better growths for them) just because stat caps are removed? Would people pick up and train Geoffrey from Level 15 2nd Tier in Chapter 4-5 just because stat caps are removed?

And what about all the foot units that benefit from this? Gatrie no longer slams into his speed cap like a ton of bricks. Edward is no longer hampered by a low Tier 1 speed cap that prevents him from doubling some late Part 1 enemies, or a low HP cap that prevents him from taking advantage of a Seraph Robe to buffer his durability. Meg might actually double an enemy one day.

20 Spd cap in first tier in Part 1 isn't low.

It's low enough that even with 20 speed Edward can flub doubles against Soldiers, Archers, Bandits, and Myrmidons. And in that sense, Edward would be better if he had a higher tier 1 speed cap. I guess he does miss out on the possibility of BEXPing his strength, though.

I never saw 17 AS Fighters and Soldiers. And most Brigands don't have that much AS. Only two have 17 and 18 AS respectively at 1-8. The 17 AS Soldiers at 1-E aren't so common either. He's doubling alot of enemies, so it's defeneatly not "low".

Now that I think of it, I find it weird how Brigands have so much Def and wtfgrowths in general. :(:

I never saw 17 AS Fighters and Soldiers. And most Brigands don't have that much AS. Only two have 17 and 18 AS respectively at 1-8. The 17 AS Soldiers at 1-E aren't so common either. He's doubling alot of enemies, so it's defeneatly not "low".

Now that I think of it, I find it weird how Brigands have so much Def and wtfgrowths in general. :(:

Makes you thankful there aren't any Berserkers in this game right?

Nailah, Elincia, Sanaki, and Ashera all have three or more Authority Stars. Not really, no.

What?

Micaiah should have some authority stars in part 3 though. It IS weird that she doesnt have any at all.

This too. So much for being Daein's general.

Does he really need to BEXP his strength? At any rate, I was pretty astonished by these 17 AS Myrmidons in 1-7 of all places. They actually doubled *my* 13 spd Edward.

BEXPing his strength lets him 2HKO weaker stuff like Archers. It also lets him pretend to be Zihark and ORKO weaker Bandits with the Brave Sword.

And it's not like if Edward could actually double like a myrmidon is supposed to, he'd be crazy broken.

I find the wasted Leadership stars a bit weird. I think they should have them stack and make them work like supports, give each character a group/faction they are from e.g. Lucia's,Elincia,Geoffreys and Rennings stars would effect units who are "Crimean Royal Knights" or "Crimean Citizens(Nephenee and Brom)".

I find the wasted Leadership stars a bit weird. I think they should have them stack and make them work like supports, give each character a group/faction they are from e.g. Lucia's,Elincia,Geoffreys and Rennings stars would effect units who are "Crimean Royal Knights" or "Crimean Citizens(Nephenee and Brom)".

If they all stacked, you'd have Elincia, Ike, Sanaki, Nailah, Tibarn, and Caineghis. So that's 3+3+4+3+4+5=22. The calculations use the authority stars *5. So you'd have 110 extra hit.

And they already work if the characters have "the same affiliation as the commander". So I would think that Elincia's stars would affect Crimean characters, but not Daein's.

Weird ?

The fact that the BK fight was hard/stressful in PoR and fucking easy in RD, and the game tells exactly the opposite ("I let you win before, now I'll show you my real strenght". OK I prefered when you didn't showed your real power).

Honestly, I expected an epic battle and I ended to think that the BK fight in RD is the easiest boss of the whole game.

The fact that every time you are just to the point to get attached to a team, you use an other team for several maps, and process repeat again.